Twenty-Four

FOR YOU I WOULD

Nervous was an understatement for Jinyoung right now. He’s been to contract meetings number of times before but this is quite different. He’s about to meet Joey Tuan…the vice President of Shinsegae…who happened to be Mark’s younger brother. He heard a few stories from Mark about his brother before but only when they were still kids and they’ve always been on the opposite sides.

“Nervous?” Jae asked him.

“Kinda…”

“This is a huge deal…it’s normal to be a little nervous…” Jae winked at him. “You’re gonna be fine Jinyoung ah…”

“I hope so…”

They arrived at Shinsegae building at downtown being greeted by a few of the employees. After a moment of pleasantries with everyone, Jinyoung and Jae were brought to the top floor of the building where the meeting will be at.

Jinyoung could see a young man walking down the corridor from the sofa he was sitting. Clad in expensive suit, Jinyoung could see the resemblance of the brothers.

“Hi…I’m Joey Tuan…”

“Park Jinyoung…this is my manager Park Jaehyung…”

“Nice to meet you…” Jae extended his hand for a shake but the guy just stood there not moving an inch.

*Okay…that was rude.* Jinyoung looked at Jae and the older just bitterly smiled.

“My father is waiting…let’s proceed with the meeting shall we?”

“Sure…”

“And he expects no one else be at this meeting except you…” Joey looked at Jae.

“But I’m his manager…it is required for me to be where my artist be…”

“It’s okay hyung…I can handle this…”

Jae pulled Jinyoung aside away from Joey.

“Are you sure Jinyoung? I don’t have good feeling about this…”

“We’ll just see what they have to say…you trust me right?”

“I know you would make the right decision and I’ll be behind you with anything…”

“Thanks hyung…”

“I’ll be here if you need anything…”

In the conference room…

“Have a seat…my father will be here…”

“Okay…”

A few minutes later, an older man walked in with Joey right behind him. Jinyoung quickly got up from his seat and bowed politely.

“Annyeonghasaeyo…” Jinyoung greeted him.

“We finally meet…”

Raymond Tuan stared at the young man in front of him. Park Jinyoung looked ordinary in his eyes…there’s nothing striking about the man…he’s just too plain for his liking.

“I’ll make this as quickly as I can…” Raymond slides an envelope towards Jinyoung. “I’ll appoint you as Shinsegae new spoke person…new face for our worldwide campaign…it’s a lucrative contract if you ask me…”

“It is…but I’m sensing there’s a catch behind it…am I right?” Jinyoung looked at the contract papers and the numbers are huge…it’s his biggest contract offer to date.

“You’re a smart man Mr. Park…” Raymond smiled.

“So I’ve been told…”

“I give you this contract and you’ll just have to do one thing for me…”

“What is it?” Jinyoung could guess the answer.

“Leave my son…”

Bingo!

“You do that and that contract is yours…it’s a fair deal don’t you think so?” Raymond stared at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung just smiled as he put the papers back into the envelope.

“I must say…the figures are quite tempting Mr. Tuan…but…for someone like you…that’s relatively small don’t you think?” Jinyoung smirked when he saw the expression change on both father and son duo.

“You want more?” Joey glared at him.

“Why not? This amount…was it my monthly payment? I had better deal before…”

“How dare you!” Raymond slammed his fist on the wooden table. “I knew I dislike you for a reason! You’re nothing but a filthy gold digger!”

“Gold digger? I’m just trying to make a living…”

“I don’t know what Yi-En saw in you…my son is such a fool for choosing you…”

Jinyoung could feel the rage in the older man’s voice.

“Fine! I’ll triple the money if that mean you will leave my son.”

“Dad!” Joey looked at his father.

“Splendid! Now…where do I sign?”

Jinyoung looked at the papers in front of him. He took the pen and after a few second, he dropped the pen, picked up the papers and tore it into half and once again.

“What is the meaning of this?” Raymond glared, his eyes almost bulging out of its sockets.

“You must’ve seen too many dramas Mr. Tuan…sadly enough I’m an actor…do you actually believe I would leave Mark? For this?” Jinyoung got up from his seat. “I gotta say, your offer was quite tempting, but unfortunately I have to decline…”

“Just tell me your price…” Raymond said.

“It’s not about the money Mr. Tuan…you could’ve given me your whole empire and I still won’t leave Mark…you wanna know why? Because my love for him is priceless…your son accepted me when I was a nobody, we met before his company hit it big…we’ve been through thick and thin for the past 4 years...”

Jinyoung walked towards the door.

“I’m sorry Mr. Tuan…I think the deal is off…have a good day…” he bowed before walking out.

Jae was on his phone when he saw Jinyoung walking towards him.

“I’ll call you back later ok?” Jae hung up the phone. “Jinyoung ah…how is it?”

“I’ll tell you everything later…but now, let’s get out of here…”

In the van…

“He really asked you to leave Mark for the contract deal?”

“Yup…I was right since they sent me the contract…I know there’s a catch behind it…”

“So you decline it?”

“I wouldn’t accept it if they give me the whole mall to me…”

“You love him that much huh?” Jae smiled.

“Yup…as cheesy as it may sound, Mark is the love of my life…there’s no one but him…”

Later that day…

It’s already dark when Mark arrived home. He had a rather busy day attending meetings and overseeing his latest gaming projects.

“Babe, I’m home…” he said as he stepped into the house.

“Hey…”

Jinyoung ran to the front, greeting him with a kiss on the cheek.

“Do you want to eat? I could reheat the soup…” Jinyoung said.

“It’s okay…I already ate with Ki before coming home…let me wash up and we’ll pop in a movie or something…”

“Great…I’ll get the popcorn ready…”

After a shower, Mark went down to the living room and saw Jinyoung already lounging on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn on his lap.

“Finding Nemo?” Mark plopped down next to Jinyoung.

“You know my favorite animation right?”

“Yeah…”

Mark draped his arm around Jinyoung shoulder as the younger snuggled closer to his side.

“How was your day?” Mark asked while reaching for the popcorn and shove a few inside his mouth.

“Okay I guess…I went to a contract meeting today…”

“How does it go?”

“Um…babe, can I tell you something?” Jinyoung glanced at Mark.

“Sure…I swear, I love Dory so much…” Mark laughed as his eyes fixed on the TV.

“I might’ve offended your father today…”

“Okay…no big deal…what? My father?” Mark stared at Jinyoung. “Did he come to see you?” he frowned.

“Actually…that contract meeting I tell you just now is for Shinsegae…your father offered me a contract to be Shinsegae new face for upcoming campaign…worldwide…”

“He did?”

“Yeah…but there’s a catch…”

“Did he ask you to leave me in exchange of the contract?”

“How did you know?”

“That’s my father…he thought everything could be solved with money…”

“I declined it…but then he offered to triple the money…or any amount that I ask him…”

“Typical Raymond Tuan…”

“He’s quite mad that’s for sure…and I left the building as soon as I could…”

“Good job babe…” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s cheek. “For once, you showed him that money isn’t everything…”

“You know…meeting your dad for the time today I really saw you in him…I mean…you two are quite alike…your features…”

“He was quite a good looking man during his youth…I saw the photos in the old album…”

“He still does now…”

“I just don’t want to grow old like him…I’m gonna support our kids no matter what they wanted in life…”

“Our kids?” Jinyoung was smiling at the words.

He and Mark never talked about having kids before. He always loves children and Mark is great with them.

“Babe…don’t tell me that you’ve never thought about having children?”

“I did…I thought you don’t want kids…”

“Are you kidding me? Having kids with you is a dream of mine…”

“Really?”

“Yeah…I always picture us having at least two kids living in suburb area, in a house with huge yard...the whole deal…”

Jinyoung put the popcorn bowl on the coffee table and wrapped his arms around Mark’s waist.

“I have the perfect man in life…I love you Mark…”

“And I love you too…” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s lips. “I could imagine my father’s face when you rejected his offer…”

“I wish I could take a picture and show you…”

 

 

I'm bacccckkkkkk!!! It's been months since I last update the story...did you all miss me?>_<

It's a double chapter update to celebrate 2000 days since GOT7 debuted...time flies so fast doesn't it?

A lot of things happened this past week involving Mark (Ahgase must know by now) and I'm glad that almost everything got solved...I'm just glad that Jinyoung is with him...my MarkJin feels are over the roof with their interaction at their LA concert the other day...TT TT....

Anyway, happy reading and don't forget to flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!!