Sixteen

FOR YOU I WOULD

MTG Holdings…Mark’s office…

“Here’s this month’s report…” Kyungri handed a file to Mark.

He quickly looked through and a smile formed.

“Looks good…is this the real number? It’s almost doubled than last month…” he said.

“Yeah…since we hosted the annual gaming competition couple of weeks ago, it’s been booming nonstop…”

“Great to hear that…did the winner got their paycheck yet?”

“Yeah…I’ve check with their manager and it’s already in their account…”

“Good…”

“So I heard Taehyung is back…” Kyungri looked at Mark.

“You know that too?”

“Of course…who knew he’s married to the younger brother of NamJin Group’s president…”

“I was shocked as well…”

“Tell me…is that why you two broke up back then? I heard he’s been married for quite a while now…”

“It’s ancient story noona…I’m over it…anyway, are you coming to the launch event?”

“Of course…it’s a big thing for us isn’t it?”

When Kyungri left, Kihyun walked in.

“I see a smile…” Kihyun said.

“The numbers are increasing…”

“And that’s a good thing right?”

“Yup!”

“Since you’re done here…let’s go…”

“Where?” Mark asked with a frown.

“We’re going to see the final preparation for the launch event remember? I’ve told you this morning…”

“I guess it slipped my mind…” Mark got up and grabbed his coat from the rack.

“Luckily for you, I’m here to remind you…”

JW Marriot Hotel…grand ballroom…

“This is nice…” Jimin said as he looked around the ballroom. “Mark should be here…his assistant said they left their office around half an hour ago…”

“We’re meeting Mark?” Taehyung looked at Jimin.

“Yeah…there’s something that we need to discuss…”

Taehyung was looking at Jimin who’s talking to his assistant when he saw Mark walked into the ballroom with Kihyun.

“Hey, hold up…” Kihyun pulled Mark’s hand.

“What?”

“It’s been bugging me since we left…” Kihyun fixed Mark’s slightly crooked necktie. “There…now we can go…”

“I wonder how Minhyuk could stand your OCD …”

“Well, he loves my …OCD or not…”

“Ok, that’s way too much information…” Mark glanced over and saw Taehyung looking at them. “Here we go…can’t wait for this event to end so I can spend some quality time with Jinyoung…”

“5 days left…hang in there buddy…” Kihyun patted Mark’s .

The meeting just ended and that makes Mark happier more than anything.

“Let go back and have some Italian…I’m starving…” Mark said as he and Kihyun walking out from the hotel.

“Henry hyung’s place?”

“Yup!”

“Sound’s good…hold on a sec, I need to go to the bathroom…”

“Now?” Mark stared at Kihyun.

“Yeah…it’s not like I can control my bladder…I won’t be long…” gave Mark his files and went to the bathroom.

“Hurry up…”

“Yes dear…” Kihyun looked back while rolling his eyes.

Mark was standing alone near the lobby when he saw Taehyung walking up to him.

“Hi…” Taehyung said.

“Hi…”

“Where’s Kihyun going? He looked like he’s in a hurry…”

“Bathroom…nature’s call…”

“So…” Taehyung stood next to him. “You and Kihyun huh? I never would’ve guessed…”

“What?”

“You two are together right?”

“Who?”

“You and Kihyun…when you said you’re with someone better than me…I never thought it was Kihyun…he’s a nobody…” Taehyung snickered.

“At least he’s with me through thick and thin…unlike someone I used to know…” Mark retorted.

“Are you still mad at me for that?”

“You left me when I decided to stay away from my dad’s business and starting my own…you could’ve support me like any good partner would…”

“I thought that’s the best way I have to do…I need to survive…”

“Looks like you did…you married into a powerful family…I wonder if that’s the reason you dated me back then…”

“You know that’s not true…I really love you…even now…”

Taehyung tried to hold his hand but Mark quickly pulled away.

“Stop it Kim Taehyung! You’re married and I don’t need any more drama in my life involving you…”

Then…

“I’m done…” Kihyun looked at Taehyung with a glare.

“Let’s go babe…I’ve made reservation for us…” Mark pulled Kihyun by the wrist, heading towards the entrance.

In the car…

“What was that about?” Kihyun asked.

“That dickhead thought you and I are together.”

“What? Us?”

“Yup…I told him that I was seeing someone and somehow he thought it was you…”

“…he’s still coming on to you?”

“Never fail…I’m gonna tell Jimin everything once we’re done with this event.”

“Are you sure?”

“If that would make him stop…so be it…”

“I like that attitude…time to teach that douche a lesson…” Kihyun smiled.

Mark got back that night and saw Jinyoung was already at home, lounging in the living room watching TV.

“You’re home…”

“Schedule end early…you want something to eat? I could reheat the stew I got from Amber’s place.”

“It’s okay…I just ate with Kihyun…” Mark went to Jinyoung and kissed the top of his head.

Mark went up to their bedroom and after a refreshing hot shower; he came back down, joining Jinyoung on the sofa.

“Hmm…you smell nice…” Jinyoung snuggled closer.

“What are you watching?” Mark wrapped an arm around Jinyoung.

“Rerun of my drama…hey babe…are you ready to go to bed?”

“No…not really, it’s still early…” Mark looked at the wall clock and it only 11p.m. “Why?”

“Let’s go out on a date…”

“Now?”

“Yeah…I’ve been craving those kimbab they sell at the convenience store near the park…”

“That stuff is good…we haven’t had those for so long…”

“So, should we go out?”

“Sure…”

The pair got out from the apartment and made their way to the nearby river park a few block away. The streets were fairly empty, both Jinyoung and Mark enjoyed their quiet date together.

“5 more days and we’re off to Santorini…” Mark said, reaching for Jinyoung’s hand and laced their fingers together.

“I can’t believe Kihyun hyung let you take a week off from the business…”

“Well, he said that it’s been a while since I take any vacation and he could handle everything while I’m gone…so I better take the opportunity before he change his mind.” Mark chuckled.

“He kinda scares me out we first met…”

“He got a little over protective of me…after everything that happened with my family and all…”

“I’m glad that he actually welcomed me…he’s a good guy…”

“Yup…he is…”

They reached the store and after buying the desired kimbab, both of them sat down at the table in front of the store eating.

“Mmm…this is the real deal…” Jinyoung moaned, munching on the slightly warm kimbab.

“You like it that much huh?”

Jinyoung just nodded. Mark just smiled watching Jinyoung enjoying his food.

“Aigoo…you look like a kid…”

“What?” Jinyoung frowned.

Mark reached over and took a grain of rice at the side of Jinyoung’s mouth and casually eats it.

“Thanks…” Jinyoung grinned at the gesture.

“So, what’s on your tomorrow’s schedule?”

“Um…F/W shoots for Adidas…and interview for Esquire…”

“Why don’t you just take the time off? I feel bad for making you wait for me…if only I could make the launch event sooner…”

“It’s okay babe…” Jinyoung held Mark’s hand. “I don’t mind…the schedule actually helps me so I won’t get bored…”

“What did I do in my past life to deserve you?” Mark cupped Jinyoung’s face.

“Well babe, I ask the same question too.” Jinyoung planted a small peck on Mark’s nose. “Oops, sauce stain…” he wiped off the little sauce away, causing Mark to smile.

They finished eating and finally head back home. A figure hiding behind a tree secretly clicking on the camera, documenting the intimate moments. Kim Daejung smiled looking at the screen.

“A few more weeks and I’ll be a rich man…” he laughed, imagining the big bucks that he could rake from the two men. His spent a few nights camping out in front of the building and tonight luck was on his side.