Seven

FOR YOU I WOULD

Mark almost dozed off a few times inside the conference hall. He wished that Kihyun would be here with him and he was stuck listening to god knows who…while trying to keep his eyes opened. He was glad that the conference was until 3pm and then he got the rest of the day free.

“Candy?” a man sat next to him.

“Thanks…” Mark gladly took the lemon flavored candy offered to him.

“It’s getting boring isn’t it?” the man said. “Park Jimin…” he said.

“Mark Tuan…”

“Korean?” he saw the Korean flag on Mark’s table.

“Half Taiwanese but spent most of my life in Korea…”

“Interesting…”

The two shake hands.

“Actually my husband should be the one attending this boring conference but I lost while playing rock paper scissors… so I had to go instead of him…that sly jerk…” Jimin said while smiling.

“My assistant said that I should be here…so here I am…”

“Looks like we’re stuck then…”

“I can’t wait until this is over…” Jimin said, half whispering since a few people around them kept looking at their way.

“Me too…you’re staying at this hotel?”

“Yeah…thankful this is one day event, if I had to attend another day of this whack conference, I might just cut my husband’s head off.”

“Remind me again not to get on your bad side…” Mark chuckled.

“Hey, I’m nice…most of the time…so, are you heading back to Korea after this?”

“I wish…I had to meet my subordinate here and check out the new office in Kowloon…”

“That’s cool…I’m moving back to Korea soon so maybe we could meet up again…”

“Sure…that would be nice…what do you mean moving back?” Mark asked.

“Well, I’m actually managing a branch in Amsterdam with my husband but my older brother needs us back at the headquarter so we have to move back…besides, it’s getting bored living in foreign land to be honest…”

“I bet…”

The two continued talking and Mark was glad that he actually found someone to talk with among the sea of people here.

Two hours later…

“Finally…” Mark stretched his upper body while walking out of the conference room. “I better send someone else going to this kind of thing next time…”

“Me too…well…that’s my husband…Tae, over here!” Jimin waved his hand.

A guy came into view and Mark felt his body stiffened up.

Flashback

“Let’s breakup…” Taehyung said.

Mark rise up from his seat, walking towards the guy.

“What do you mean let’s breakup?” Mark asked in disbelief. Did he just hear that right?

“I mean…let’s stop seeing each other…” Taehyung turned his body away from Mark.

“Why? Is there something that I’ve done wrong?”

“I just think it’s time…we don’t exactly belong together…”

“Taehyung ah…” Mark held Taehyung’s hand but the guy slowly pulled away.

“I’ve made up my mind Mark…I need someone with stability in my life…and I don’t think it’s you…” he was upset when Mark decided to leave his family business to start his own company.

“Is that the only reason you’re with me? Money?”

“I loved you okay? But then I realized that love is not enough to make world go around…”

Taehyung slipped off the ring he was wearing and put it in his hand.

“Let just stop ok? I gotta go…”

Mark watched as Taehyung went to the side walk and got into a car that already waiting for him. An unknown guy was at the driver’s seat and Mark couldn’t take a good look at his face.

End of Flashback

“This is my husband…Kim Taehyung…babe, this is Mark Tuan, my new friend…”

“Hi…Kim Taehyung…”

It felt like someone just woke him up from a dream when he heard Taehyung’s voice. He looked and reluctantly took Taehyung’s hand for a shake.

“Mark…Mark Tuan…”

“Can’t you believe it? I found another guy from Korea in this boring conference?” Jimin wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s.

“And you always said you’re the shy one…” Taehyung smiled…his eyes went to Mark.

“Mark, we’re going for lunch…care to join us?” Jimin asked.

“Um…it’s okay…I really have to go…somebody already waiting for me…you two have fun…” Mark declined. He just needs to go away.

“Well, I hope we’ll meet again soon in Seoul…”

Mark stared at the small glass filled with dark amber colored liquid that he was holding…he was alone inside his hotel room after coming back from visiting his Hong Kong’s office that evening. He just can’t believe that he met Taehyung again…here after all these years. He looked more matured than he last saw him…and he’s married. All the memories he shared with Taehyung came back flooding his memory. They dated for almost two years before Taehyung ultimately break things off between them.

A knock came to his door. Mark got up and opened the door and Jackson stood there.

“Hey man…” Jackson walked in. He saw the bottle of whiskey on the coffee table. “You’ve been drinking alone?”

“Kinda…”

“Did you miss Jinyoung that much? Man…you’re whipped…” Jackson laughed.

“What are you doing here?” Mark asked.

“Well, I’m taking you out for dinner…Fei noona made a feast at her place and she was determined to get you fed before you’re leaving back to Seoul tomorrow…”

“But I’m not in the mood to go out…”

“Not an option dude…c’mon…let’s go…they’re waiting for us…” Jackson pulled Mark’s hand.

“Alright, alright…let me shower first…”

“You’re still haven’t showered yet since you got back?”

“Yeah…”

“No wonder it smells funny in here…I need air fresheners…”

“Shut up!” Mark threw a pillow towards Jackson but the latter swiftly dodged the attack.

Meanwhile…

“Aren’t you glad Seokjin hyung made us go back to Seoul? I’m so happy when Seungcheol agree taking over the Amsterdam office…” Jimin said, leaning against the seat of the private plane he and Taehyung were in.

“How did you meet that Mark guy?” Taehyung asked.

“Well, I was kinda bored in the conference…our eyes met a few times and I decided to go talk to him…don’t worry, I already told him that I was married…” Jimin pinched Taehyung’s chin. “My Taetae is such a jealous puppy…”

Taehyung just faintly smiled over Jimin’s words. It’s been almost 6 years when he last met Mark…shortly after their breakup, Taehyung got married to Park Jimin and they moved to Amsterdam to manage their business there.

“He seems like a nice guy right?” Jimin said.

“Yeah…um…Seokjin hyung said we’re going to oversee new venture with this new gaming company…”

“Gaming company?”

“Yeah…MTG Holdings…he says he saw a lot of potentials…and since their brand is quite the hot stuff among young people these days, this could be NamJin Group’s best deal yet…”

“It is fun working with new people right?”

“Yup…I’m off to the bathroom…” Jimin got up at walked away.

Taehyung was shocked to see Mark talking to his husband when he went to fetch him after the conference is over. He knew Mark was equally surprised but he managed to mask his feelings away.

*You never change Mark…not one bit at all…*

 

 

Double chapter update to celebrate this story reaching 100++ subbers!!! Yaaayyyy!!!!! (crazy dance party!)

So there's new people...what will happen next? Stay tuned for the update!!!

Enjoy reading and flood the comment box!!!

BBYONG!!!