Twenty-Six

FOR YOU I WOULD

Mark can’t believe his eyes. Is this for real?

“Kim Taehyung?”

“That little er was behind it…I was surprised to see his name and thought it was a different person but that idiot uses his personal phone to send those last messages…instead of using computer at cyber cafes like he did on the previous ones…”

“I swear to god I will kill that guy!”

Mark was ready to barge out of his office when Kihyun held him back.

“What are you doing Ki? I have a man to kill…”

“Woah, woah…slow down horsey…” Kihyun said, spreading his arms trying to block Mark’s way. “Don’t do anything that you might regret Mark…”

“Are you telling me that I should just do nothing?”

“No…I’d be more than happy to kick that er’s but we can’t be hasty about it…we need to think…”

“I’m done thinking…he will get what he deserve…stay out of my way…” Mark pushed Kihyun aside.

“Mark!” Kihyun grabbed Mark by the arm. “Hey, listen!”

“I won’t do anything stupid if that what you worried about…”

“Can I really trust you with that? Know what…let’s go together…I can’t leave you alone in this state…only god knows what stupid you might do.”

“Ok, that’s an insult.” Mark stared at Kihyun.

“Can you blame me? I know you Mark…”

NamJin Group…

“If you call me here just trying to persuade me to change my mind…you’re just wasting your time Tae…” Jimin said crossing his arm staring at his soon to be ex-husband.

“C’mon babe…can we just forget about this divorce things? I know I made a mistake but I swear I won’t do it again…”

“You know, my mistake is I believed that you would actually change after the second time I caught you cheating on me…” Jimin glared at Taehyung.

“Jeonghan was coming onto me…”

“So? It takes two to tango Tae…don’t give me that bull…”

Suddenly the door was opened.

“You can’t be in here sir…” Minseok tried to prevent Mark from barging in but failed. “I’m sorry Mr. Kim I’ve told him that you’re with a guest…”

“It’s okay Minseok…you can leave now…” Jimin said to Taehyung’s assistant. The guy bowed and left the room.

“I’m starting to regret the day I know you back when we’re in college!” Mark spat.

He walked up to Taehyung and gave the guy a solid punch right on his left jaw. Taehyung stumbled backwards but luckily he managed to stable himself holding on the edge of his desk.

“What did I do?” Taehyung said, holding his aching jaw.

“Stop pretending Kim Taehyung! I know what you did!” Mark throws a bunch of papers on Taehyung’s desk.

Jimin quietly took the papers and read what’s on it.

“Can somebody explain what’s going on here?” Jimin’s gaze changed between Taehyung and Mark. “What are these?”

“Well, this son of a trying to ruin my boyfriend’s career by sending those messages online…”

“I didn’t…”

“Stop denying it punk! Are you that stupid? We work with IT and could easily find out who ever behind it…” Kihyun glared.

“Is this true Tae?” Jimin asked.

“No…I didn’t do it!” Taehyung denied.

“You know that you’re at lying right?”

Jimin walked over and a slap landed on Taehyung’s left cheek, stunning both Mark and Kihyun.

“I can’t believe you would stoop this low…you just make my decision divorcing you much easier now…” he said.

“I swear Taehyung, if you pull anything like this ever again, I won’t hesitate to do much more damage than that…” Mark said with a firm voice.

In Jimin’s office…

“I’m so sorry about what happened…I didn’t know he will act like that…” Jimin apologize.

“It’s not your fault…” Mark said.

“It’s a good thing I decided to divorce him…so, you really dating an actor?” Jimin looked at Mark. “Who would’ve thought…”

“Yeah…Jinyoung and I knew each other since his rookie days…we’ve been together for 4 years now…”

“Wow…I’m a big fan actually…I heard he’s coming out with a film soon…”

“Yeah…maybe I can get you a ticket for the premiere…”

“That would be awesome…” Jimin beamed. “And since the two of you are here, there’s something I need to show you about our venture…it’s for the next phase…” Jimin walked to his desk and push the intercom button. “Sungwoon ah…”

“Yes sir…”

“Can you please bring me the file we talked about yesterday?”

“The VR file sir?”

“Yup…that’s the one…”

“Coming right up…”

“Thank you…”

*********************************

“So, it was actually his ex that started all that rumors?” Jae said as he fixed Jinyoung’s suit. The actor is about to go out for an official press conference announcing the premiere of his latest commercial film.

“Yup…he was pissed that he was actually getting divorced because he couldn’t stay loyal…”

“Talk about a man being a real son of a …” Jae shook his head.

“Hyung, this is my final schedule for the day right?” Jinyoung asked.

“Yup…why? You got somewhere else to be?”

“Mark wanted to go out and have dinner together tonight…”

“A date?”

“Yeah…we’ve been busy lately and since he got off work early today…a nice romantic dinner it’s the least we could do…” Jinyoung smiled.

“I bet that’s not the only thing that gonna happen tonight…” Jae smirked.

“Well, that’s a given isn’t it?” Jinyoung wiggled his eyebrows.

Later…

Mark parked his car by the sidewalk and called Jinyoung’s phone.

“Hey babe…” Jinyoung’s sweet voice greeted him.

“I’m here…”

“Be right down…see you in a bit…love ya…”

“Love you too…”

A few minutes later Mark saw Jinyoung’s figure walking out of the entrance. He was in his casual wear and it still took Mark’s breath away looking at the younger one.

“Hey handsome…” Jinyoung said as he got into the car. He leaned over and kissed Mark on the lips. “Oops, my gloss stuck on you…” Jinyoung tried to wipe off the stain using his thumb.

“It’s okay…it still amazes me how can you look this good with plain clothes…”

“Well, I guess it’s all in the genes…so, where are we going?”

“I’ve made reservation at Kyungsoo’s place…”

“Great…” Jinyoung grabbed his bag from the back seat and rummaging through it.

“What are you looking for?” Mark asked.

“Extra mask for you…his place always has tons of people around…did you get the private room?” He kept searching but there’s no mask in his bag. “Hold on, I’ll ask Jae hyung bring one…”

Before Jinyoung could reach for his phone Mark stopped him.

“Let’s forget about the mask from now on okay?” he said.

“What do you mean?” Jinyoung frowned.

“Well, I think it’s time people know that I’m your boyfriend…”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah…Kihyun did say the exposure is good for the company…I mean, we’re working closely with the entertainment industry…”

“So, you’re gonna use my fame for the benefit of your company?”

“Pretty much…”

“I expect to be paid in full…”

“Anything you want babe…” Mark kissed the tip of Jinyoung’s nose.

“I’ll hold onto that…but right now, let’s go eat…I’m starving…”

Eyes were immediately on them as soon as they entered the restaurant, walking arm in arm. Jinyoung tried to ignore to the stares and whispers but when Mark tapped his hand softly, he knew he was just being his old slightly paranoid self.

“Stop worrying babe…let’s just enjoy our dinner okay?” Mark smiled at Jinyoung.

“I guess I have to get use to this…”

“It’s better for us to date out in the open…I need to let people know that you’re mine…”

“I’m always yours babe…” Jinyoung took Mark’s hand and kissed the knuckles.