Eight

FOR YOU I WOULD

Jinyoung’s heart beats faster when he saw Mark getting closer to the car. He decided to pick Mark up at the airport since he got a day off from filming…and the best part, Mark doesn’t even know about it.

“You could’ve picked me up at the usual place rather than make me walk all the way here…” Mark said as soon as he got into the car. “You’re lucky that you’re my assistant otherwise I would’ve fire your …”

“Surprise!” Jinyoung took off his shades.

Mark was indeed surprised to see Jinyoung at the driver’s seat instead of Kihyun.

“What are you doing here?” Mark asked as he gave Jinyoung a hug and a kiss on the lips.

“I came to pick you up…”

“But you said you have a shoot today…”

“I lied…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung into another hug and this time, the kiss lingered longer.

“I missed you…” Mark muttered.

“I missed you too babe…”

On their way back home…

“So, how’s Hong Kong?” Jinyoung asked.

“Good…the conference is boring that’s for sure…” Taehyung’s face popped up inside Mark’s head but he quickly shoves it away.

“Jackson?”

“Still loud and obnoxious as ever…Fei noona made a feast and determined to get me fed before I go back…”

“It must be fun…I missed them…”

“Maybe we could visit them next time…”

“I’d love that…”

“I bet the movie shoot going on well…”

“Yup! I think we could end the shooting sooner than scheduled…isn’t that great?”

“Definitely…anything fun happened while I’m gone?”

“Well…my mom had a layover in Incheon for three hours yesterday so we went out for dinner when my shoot ends…although I wish my shoot was longer and I don’t have to see her.”

“How did it go?”

“Awful…she still asks me if I found any nice actresses or women to marry…” Jinyoung sighed.

“She did?”

“Yeah…I feel like I was sitting on pile of needles the whole time…thank god I only saw her only a few times a year…otherwise it would be a pain in the …”

Jinyoung took Mark’s hand and squeeze it gently. His family has always been on the unsupportive side ever since he came out to them when he was still in high school. When the opportunity comes for him to move out of the house while training on be an idol, he just jump into it without thinking twice. Years later and his family still can’t accept the fact that their son likes men.

“Did you get anything for me from Hong Kong?” he asked, trying to steer away from the hurting memories.

“Of course…your favorite beef jerky from that famous store in Kowloon…I had to bug Jackson to go and buy it before they ran out of stock…”

“He must’ve hated me for it…”

“Technically, he hates me, not you…besides; it’s my only chance to boss him around…”

“You’re evil…” Jinyoung smiled.

“Only when I need to babe…”

*******************************

Kihyun smiled when he saw Mark walking through the revolving door into the building.

“What?” Mark asked with narrowed eyebrows.

“You’re late…”

“And your point is?” Mark said.

“I guess someone had a great night…you sure are walking funny right now…”

“Shut up!”

Mark couldn’t help to blush over Kihyun’s words…well, he can’t avoid it…not after Jinyoung took him twice this morning (once in their bed and then in the shower…just because he was ) he still can feel the familiar aching on the down region of his body.

“Well, you better cover that up because your father is waiting for you in the office.”

“My father?”

“Yup…the great President Tuan…”

“What the hell is he doing here?” Mark frowned. It’s been over a year since he last saw his father or the rest of his family that is.

“He just show up half an hour ago, when I told him that you’re gonna be late he insisted that he’ll wait for you…”

“Why didn’t you just send him away?”

“I can’t exactly throw out your father…even if I wanted to…”

The elevator ride was shorter than usual, much to Mark’s dismay.

“If he didn’t leave in 20 minutes, I want you to come in and tell me we’re having a meeting…”

“Got it!”

Mark walked into his office greeted with a familiar back view of a man.

“Father…”

“Is this how a boss should be acting? Coming in late for work…what will your employees think of you?” a deep set of voice echoed.

“It’s my company…no one gonna tell me off…what are you doing here father? Did someone died?” Mark said casually, sitting at his desk.

His father walked over and sat in front of him.

“Nice office you got here…”

“Thanks…but I don’t think you’re here to compliment my office do you?”

“I’ll just get to my point then…”

Mark was wondering what it would be.

“You remember my golfing buddy Mr. Bae from Bae Industries?”

“No…but let’s just assume that I did…what about him?” Mark already knew where this was heading just from the intro his father gave.

“Well, his youngest daughter just finished her master’s degree in marketing and she’s working with our company now…I was just wondering if you wanna go out with her…get to know her better…”

Mark sighed. Yup, this was the sole reason his father stepped into his building this morning…nothing else.

“I’m sorry but I can’t do that…”

“Why not?” his father stared at him.

“Well, two reasons actually…one: I’m not interested in her or any women at all, and two: I’m in a perfectly healthy relationship and I know my boyfriend won’t like the idea of me meeting other woman…”

“Are you still ing that B grade actor?”

“B grade? Well, for you information, Jinyoung is one of the well-respected actors in the industry, Google him and you know…plus, after all these years, you should know that we did more than just ing…”

Mark could feel his father’s anger seeped out of the crisps three piece suit the old man was wearing.

“You know I can have his career destroyed in an instant don’t you?” Mr. Tuan stared at his son.

“And you know that I can make your company go down crumble to the ground if you did that don’t you?” Mark stared back at the older man.

“Are you threatening me? Your own father?” Mr. Tuan got up and slammed his hand on the hardwood desk. “Mark Yi-En Tuan!”

“You’re wrong if you think you could just come in here and tell me what to do…you’re not the boss of me!”

“I’m your father!”

“Are you? I might share your name but you’ve never been a father to me...”

A knock on the door and Kihyun walked in.

“I’m sorry boss, but you’re having a meeting with the marketing team in 10 minutes…”

Mark got up from his chair.

“As you can see, I’m quite busy…you know where the door is…let yourself out…and one more thing, please don’t come again.”

Outside…

“Thank god you’re here to drag me out…it’s getting suffocating in there…” Mark loosened his neck tie. He can finally breathe.

“What does he want?” Kihyun looked at him.

“Arranged marriage in the making…”

“For real?”

“Yeah…that crazy old man…” Mark shook his head.

“Didn’t he know that you and Jinyoung are together?”

“He did…and he even threatened me…saying that he could destroy Jinyoung’s career if he want to…as if I’m just gonna sit and watch it to happen…”

“After all these years…he still can’t accept that you’re actually gay…”

“Yup…so, are we really having a meeting with the marketing team?”

“Nope…actually, it’s with the legal department…it’s about our gaming competition and NamJin Group…”

“Let’s go then…”

It’s almost 10pm when Mark finally went home. He was tired from the countless meetings and appointments during the day and all he wanted to do is have a long shower and snuggle against his man in bed.

“Babe…I’m back…” he said as he stepped into the house.

“I’m in the kitchen babe…” Jinyoung shouted from the back.

Mark walked to the kitchen and saw Jinyoung were cooking.

“Something smells good…” Mark went over and gave Jinyoung a peck on the cheek.

“Bean paste stew with extra meat…and Jae hyung’s mom just send over some side dishes…” Jinyoung took a spoonful of the boiling stew and have a taste. “Perfect…”

“Is there anything that I can help?”

“No…I got this…by the way…” Jinyoung took a large brown envelope from the kitchen island and gave it to Mark. “This came for you…”

“What’s this?”

“I dunno…open it up…”

Mark took the envelope and opened it. There’s several pictures of women inside and a small note came with it.

Pick any one of these ladies and I’ll arrange a date for you.

Mom

Jinyoung heard Mark’s sigh. He turned off the stove and walked to him.

“What is it?” he asked.

“This…” Mark threw the pictures on the counter.

Jinyoung looked at the pictures and smiled.

“Well, they’re gorgeous for starters…your mom has a good taste for daughter-in-law…”

“Babe…” Mark stared at him.

“What? It’s true…don’t you think so? This one could pass as an actress.”

“Is that supposed to make me feel better? Apparently it’s not working…” Mark sat down on the stool, taking off his coat.

“Hey, lighten up a bit ok?”

Mark grabbed Jinyoung by the waist and buried his face into his belly, tightening his embrace on the younger one.

“Rough day huh?” Jinyoung caressed Mark’s dark locks, feeling those soft strands between his fingers.

“My dad came to my office this morning and then I have to deal with this crap…what part of I’m gay that they didn’t understand?”

“Well, I asked my parents the same thing too and still I got questions when will I introduce them a woman that I’m planning to marry…”

“I always thought that one of our families would be supportive of us…” Mark said.

"We can’t always get what we want right?” Jinyoung cupped Mark’s face. “But I’m glad that I have you…and our close friends…that’s more than enough…now, why don’t you go upstairs, shower and then we can have dinner together…” he kissed Mark’s lips.

“Sound good to me…I love you so much…you know that right?”

“Of course I do…now go…”

Jinyoung watched as Mark walked up the stairs heading towards their bedroom. He just hoped that they could get through this hurdle together.

 

A short update for hitting 1+ subs...yaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!

Happy reading and flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!!!