Thirty-Two

FOR YOU I WOULD

Jinyoung stayed at the hospital for a few days and he got fellow actors, agency’s staff and people in the industry paying him a visit every single day. The flower bouquets almost filled the room from people wishing him for speedy recovery. His mom visited him twice a day, during the day and night. They talked, but there’s still some awkwardness in their conversation. Mark never left his sight…Kihyun came with his luggage the very next day so Mark practically lives at the hospital with Jinyoung the whole time.

“So, did the doctor say when you will be out?” Soyoung asked.

“Maybe tomorrow…I’m already sick being trap in here for the last two days…” Jinyoung said.

“Where’s Mark?” Boyoung poured some soup in a bowl for Jinyoung.

“Downstairs…meeting Kihyun hyung…thanks noona…”

“So, mom asked you to bring Mark home for dinner next week…”

“What? Dinner?”

His two sisters nodded.

“Our mom?”

“Hey, we’re surprised too…” Boyoung grinned. “I asked her why and you know what she said?”

“What?”

“And I quote ‘Is it that weird that I want to have dinner with my son and his boyfriend at my home…’ she said that…”

“No way!” Jinyoung gasped.

“I think she’s finally accepting your relationship…”

“Wow…I don’t know what to say…I’ve been waiting for this day to come and finally it’s here…”

“We’re happy for you Jinyoung ah…” the two sisters got up and enveloped Jinyoung in a tight hug.

“Thank you noona…”

Mark came in and saw the siblings hugging each other.

“Should I come back later?” he said.

“It’s okay…we’re about to leave anyway…” Boyoung smiled.

“How’s the meeting with Kihyun hyung?”

“Guess what? I got two weeks off away from the office.” Mark beamed in delight.

“You did? Why?” Jinyoung frowned.

“So I can take care of you at home…do you really think I would let you be home alone after getting out of here?”

“Someone is lucky…” Soyoung winked.

“Noona…” Jinyoung blushed.

“So, about that dinner…give mom a call ok kiddo?” Boyoung patted his head. “We’ll leave you two love birds alone…”

After a quick hug, Boyoung and Soyoung left.

“Dinner? What dinner?” Mark looked at Jinyoung.

“Well, my mom wanted to have dinner with us…next week if possible…”

“For real?” Mark’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“Yeah…looks like she’s finally came around…”

“Isn’t that a good thing?”

“Yeah…but I’m still having a hard time processing it…it’s just that it felt surreal…”

“Well, my mom called…she’s coming to visit this evening…”

“Great…I kinda miss her…”

*******************************

The dinner was less awkward than Jinyoung had expected…his mom pretty much laid back and he did get kinda suspicious with the treatment. Sure he was happy to finally bring Mark back to his childhood home…showing his old room to the guy and happily reminiscing his precious memories…but Jinyoung still had his guard up.

“Why don’t you go to the living room and I’ll bring out some fruits okay?” Mrs. Park said when they finished having dinner.

“Is there anything that I can help?” Mark asked.

“It’s okay…I got this…”

Mrs. Park was busy cutting some fruits when she heard footsteps coming into the kitchen.

“You don’t have to help Mark…I’m almost done…” she said without looking.

“Why are you doing this?”

It was Jinyoung.

“What do you mean?” she looked at him.

“I mean…this whole dinner thing…not that I’m having anything against it…I’ve been trying to convince you about us numerous times…why now?”

“Because I finally saw Mark’s sincerity…”

 

Flashback

“I feel bad making you stay with me here…” Jinyoung said as he watched Mark arranging the flower bouquets that he received neatly at the corner of his hospital room.

“Why?” Mark glanced over at him.

“Well…you have a company to run and it feels like I’m a burden…you’re taking care of me…”

“Babe…you’re not a burden…”

“That’s not how I feel…” Jinyoung sighed.

Mark went towards Jinyoung and sat at the edge of the bed facing the younger one.

“Look, trust me…you’re not a burden…you’re my other half…and it’s my duty to take care of you…do you really think I could be in that office with my mind is here? Kihyun would have my head on a guillotine…” he cupped Jinyoung’s face. “And it’s not often that I can do all these for you…this feels like vacation for me…”

“I love you so much…”

“And I love you too…so don’t think about it anymore okay?”

Jinyoung nodded…a soft kiss landed on the tip of his nose making him chuckle.

“Let me go get you something to eat...any specific order?”

“Nothing too spicy…”

“Got it…” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s lips. “Be right back…”

When he got out, Mrs. Park was at the door.

“Omonim…” he bowed to the older lady.

“Mark…can we go somewhere and talk?”

“Sure…”

The hospital’s cafeteria…

“I’ll just get straight to my point…what’s your plan with Jinyoung? I mean…in the future…” she asked.

“Well…I’m planning to marry him…I’ve been thinking about it for a while now…over a year to be exact…”

“So why didn’t you?”

“I want your approval…believe it or not, Jinyoung longed for your approval and acceptance of our relationship…he might not talk about it but I know he deeply wanted you to be involved in his life…and so do I…”

Mrs. Park stared at Mark. She just can’t believe what she was hearing. She always thought that Mark was just taking advantage of his son’s popularity and fame but now she knew that he wasn’t what she believes he would be.

“What about your parents?”

“My mom accepted us after years of saying that me being gay was just a phase…my father, not so much…but maybe down the road he too would be accepting…”

“You really love Jinyoung?”

“I do…more than anything…and I’ll spend my whole life proving that to you and everyone around us…”

End of Flashback

Later that night…

“Something’s wrong?” Mark asked as he got on the bed next to Jinyoung.

The pair was back at home after the eventful dinner over at Jinyoung’s family house.

“No…I was just thinking…”

“Mind telling me?”

“I’ve dreamed the day that my mother actually approving our relationship…now that it finally happened…it felt surreal…”

Mark reached for Jinyoung’s hand, lacing their fingers together.

“It felt good doesn’t it?”

“Yeah…to think that it actually takes an accident to make her change her mind…maybe I should stage my own accident years ago…” he chuckled.

“Babe, it’s not funny!” Mark glared at him. “Don’t talk so lightly on that matter…do you know how worried I was back then?”

“I know…I’m sorry okay? It’s just…it got me thinking…”

“Your mom loves you…she might not be accepting at first…just like mine did…but now…”

“Our stubbornness did pay off huh?”

“Yup!” Mark kissed Jinyoung’s hand. “After 4 long years…but it was worth it…”