Twenty-Five

FOR YOU I WOULD

10 a.m.…MTG Holdings…

“How about the lagging issue? It’s quite severe…” Mark asked.

He was in a meeting to discuss the development of their latest gaming product.

“We’re currently trying to decode the sequence to fix it… …” his staff said.

“Great…I really hope this one would replace the one we had previously…many people had eyes on it…” Mark’s eyes fixed on the projector.

“We’re already ahead of the schedule so I see there will no problem…it’s already in the final stage …”

“Good to hear that…I have the best development team after all…” Mark smiles. “I guess we’ll just end the meeting here…I expect to see the initial result in 3 days…can you do that?”

“Yes sir!”

“Awesome…so I’ll see you on Friday…meeting adjourned…” he said and got up from his seat.

Kihyun walked into Mark’s office and found the guy was in front of his computer screen doing some sketches.

“Are you busy?” Kihyun asked.

“Not really…what’s up?”

“Um…there’s something I want to tell you…”

“Sounds serious…what is it…”

“You better look at it yourself…”

Kihyun gave Mark a tablet pc and his eyes darted towards the screen.

ACTOR PARK WAS SPONSORED AS A ROOKIE?

-Actor Park? Is he who I thought he would be? Kekeke

-They say he has a wealthy boyfriend so it’s only appropriate he got sponsored.

-I can’t believe he would be that...he was such a great actor

-I want to get sponsored by rich as man too!

Mark’s frowns grew bigger as he scrolled down the comment section.

“Where did you get this?” he asked looking at Kihyun.

“Minhyuk told me this afternoon…he saw this popping up while surfing the net…do you think they’re talking about you and Jinyoung?”

“Could be…from the comments…can you ask Changkyun to look at it? Maybe he could find the source…”

“Sure…”

“Tell him that I need this as soon as I can…”

“I’m on it…”

Late afternoon…

Mark can’t stop thinking about what he saw in the article…he had a few people in his mind that can pull off that kind of thing. He quickly grabbed his keys and coat and headed towards the door.

“Hey Ki, can you print out the article you showed me just now?”

“Sure…” Kihyun quickly connecting the tablet with his printer and began printing the pages out. “I’ve sent the link to Changkyun and he’s already working on it.”

“Good…I’m going out…hold on all of my calls and reschedule my 2 o’clock meeting…”

“Where are you going?” Kihyun stared at him.

“To clarify something…is the papers ready?”

“Yeah…here…” Kihyun passed him the papers.

“I’ll be back soon…later…”

Raymond Tuan was startled when Mark suddenly barged inside his office.

“I’ll make this quick…” Mark tossed the papers on his father’s desk. “You better had nothing to do with this…” he said with a stern voice.

“Well, hello son…” Raymond picked up the papers and read it through. “Hmm…interesting piece of news don’t you think?” he smirked.

“I swear if I found out that you have something to do with this…I will personally take down your company myself…”Mark warned.

Mark stormed out. He met Joey on his way to the elevator.

“Hyung…”

“Tell dad if he ever messes with Jinyoung again, I won’t be so forgiving next time around…”

“I wonder what you saw in him…he’s just filthy gold digging B grade…”

Before Joey could finish, a solid punch landed on his jaw, sending the younger man stumbling backwards.

“Watch your mouth Joey! Or I’m gonna kick your even worse…”

“He should’ve taken that offer while we’re being generous…” Joey spat, wiping off trail of blood at the corner of his mouth.

“Unlike you, my boyfriend doesn’t care about money…”

There’s heap of people watching as the two brothers collide and honestly Mark couldn’t care less.

“Yi-En!” Raymond walked towards Joey. “You hit your brother?”

“He deserves it!”

Mark walked away…satisfied.

Meanwhile…

TY Music…CEO’s office…

“Have you read the scripts?” Taecyeon asked Jinyoung. “I’ve looked through it before and it’s quite exciting…”

“I did…and I really like Writer Yoon’s piece…it’s different…” Jinyoung said sipping his coffee.

“What about Writer Jang’s?”

“It’s good but it’s the character that I always portray in dramas before…it’s too common…”

“So being a psycho killer doesn’t?” Taecyeon smiled.

“You know I’ve always wanted to do villain role…I think Writer Yoon’s work really suits me…”

“Are you sure about it? I mean…she’s kind of the underdog in the industry…and working with director Lee is not easy…”

“Hey, I’m always up for the challenge…you told me to…”

“Yeah, yeah…so, how’s thing with Mark?”

“We’re doing great…”

“And I heard what happened with Shinsegae…”

Jinyoung sighed.

“I can’t believe they play dirty…” Taecyeon shook his head.

“Hyung, you’re not mad that I rejected the offer right?”

“Of course not…I’m glad you did…it’s better not to deal with that kind of company…I’m proud of you Jinyoung…”

“Thanks hyung…”

Jinyoung was talking to a staff when he saw Jae came.

“Jinyoung ah…can I talk to you for a sec?” he said.

“Sure…I’ll see you later noona…” Jinyoung smiled as he went towards Jae. “What’s up?”

“There’s something you should see…”

Jae gave him his phone. The younger one scrolled the down and stopped…the words caught his attention.

“Sponsored?” Jinyoung looked at Jae. “That’s new…”

“This has been blowing up in several gossip portals…I’ve called Kim Daejung and he swears that he had nothing to do with this…and I think he’s telling the truth…he knew better than to mess with Taecyeon hyung’s orders.”

“Let’s just ignore this first…maybe it will die out in a few days…”

“I hope so…”

Jinyoung wasn’t worried too much about these kinds of rumors since it happened all the time to him…his life has never been free from gossips.

“And have you decided which project you want to do?” Jae asked.

“Yeah…had a talk with Taecyeon hyung earlier and I’m sure I want to take Writer Yoon’s piece…”

“The psycho killer?”

“Yup…”

“I know you will pick that…great…I’ll call the production team and set a date for a meeting…”

“Cool…”

“I’ll go settle a few things and then we can leave for that pop store event in Gangnam…”

“Yes sir…”

********************************

A few days later…

Morning at the apartment…

“Don’t worry about it babe…it’s just baseless useless rumors…it will die out sooner or later…” Jinyoung said, giving Mark assuring hug when the older one talked about the spreading gossips.

“But…it will affect your career…”

“It won’t…I promise…can we just forget about that and celebrate me scoring new drama project?”

“But baby…”

“Look honey…I know you’re worried about me but I’ll assure you that I’m well protected…my company is taking legal measures to make sure that it will not go out of hand.”

“But…”

“Nope!” Jinyoung kissed Mark’s lips. “You’re not allowed to think about it from now on…”

“Fine…” Mark gave in.

“That’s a good boy…” Jinyoung patted Mark’s playfully. “Now, let’s go get ready because I had to leave in an hour and you have to go to the office.”

Mark kept thinking about the things he saw on the internet…he’s not the one that likes to read gossips but this concern Jinyoung and he didn’t want anything to happen that could jeopardize the career of the love of his life. Jinyoung never said it out loud but Mark knew acting was everything to him…he love the job too much.

Kihyun walked into his office.

“Great news…Changkyun found the culprit that spread the rumors…a little digging further and you’ll be surprise…” Kihyun gave a file to Mark.

“Is it the reporter?”

“Take a look yourself…”

Mark opened the file and read through the papers. His eyes stopped at the name at the bottom of the page.

“Kim Taehyung?”