One

FOR YOU I WOULD

Summer 2014

Mark has always been the one that hated social gatherings no matter what is the purpose since he was kid… he rather be locked up in his room playing games or just sleep.

“Stop fidgeting in your seat…” Kihyun said, glancing at the man next to him. He smiled when he watched the sheer uncomfortable looks on the latter face.

“Tell me again why I should be there?” Mark frowned. He had a busy day at the office today and being dragged out here was the last thing he wanted to do.

“Well, our company has been named as one of the new brand to watch by the committee and since you are the top executive aka the CEO...it’s only fitting that you be there at the gala…”

“But why today for crying out loud? There’s Over Watch game tonight…”

People might be intimidated by Mark’s serious expression but not many knew this other side of him…only the one that close to him knows how playful and carefree he actually is outside the office.

“I’ll ask Minhyuk to record it for you…”

“Are you sure you can ask your boyfriend to do that? He might be busy with his fashion channels…”

“I know my Min puppy, he’ll do it…let me call him…”

Mark sighed as the car they were in crossed the bridge towards the inner city. 20 minutes later, they arrived in front of a grand hotel. Reporters already flocked the lobby area, trying to catch a glimpse of the celebrities and other corporate leaders as they attending the prestige gala event.

“Are you ready?” Kihyun said fixing Mark’s necktie and lapels.

“Ready as I’ll ever be…”

“Just chill and try to mingle as much as you can…these people are our potential investors and it’s not a bad idea establishing a few connections between businesses elites…even though we’re literally still at the bottom tier.”

“I’m so glad that you’re my assistant…”

“Because I’m the only one who could stand your fussy when it comes to business…”

“Smart !”

Kihyun get out of the car and ran towards Mark’s side. He opened the door and Mark stepped out. Flashes of lights and click of the camera greeted them as they walked to the big entrance hall, being guided with a few bodyguards.

“That was hectic…” Kihyun looked around as they got into the rather less crowded lobby.

“Tell me about it…”

“Let’s go and try to have fun okay? And smile a little…you won’t be attracting investors with a frown on your face…”

“Geez…you nag worse than my mother…” Mark shook his head.

“But you love me anyway…” Kihyun winked.

The two made their way to the ballroom.

At the other side of the hotel…

“Smile Jinyoung…frown didn’t suit you…” Jaehyung said nudging Jinyoung’s shoulder.

“Hyung…do I have to be here? I have a script to memorize…my audition is just couple of days away…” Jinyoung looked at his manager.

“Relax Nyoung…I know you gonna nail that audition…but tonight is Taecyeon hyung’s wedding…he just wanted to celebrate it with his artists and the close people around him…have fun a little…”

“I will…after I score that role…”

“Wind down a little ok? Just enjoy the night…”

“Yeah, whatever…” Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

Jinyoung looked at the two men dancing at the middle of the hall…they were decked with white suit that match each other. The boss of the entertainment agency that he was under is now married to the music instructor of his own company. Jinyoung received lessons from Khun saem quite for a while but he decided to pursue his career in acting instead. Just made his debut in a drama a month back, Jinyoung was eager to spread his wings across the film industry.

“They look great together aren’t they?”

Yoogyeom stood next to Jinyoung.

“Yup…” the older one nodded.

“I didn’t know our boss had his eyes on our music teacher…” he said, chuckling.

“How’s the dance competition?” I asked him.

“Great…we’re in the finals now…”

“I know you’re gonna win Gyeommie…” Jinyoung patted his back.

“Thanks hyung…so, how’s the feel debuting in a drama? I heard it’s a major deal…”

“Not bad…it’s a small role but I’m grateful for the opportunity…”

“I saw the drama…impactful I must say…”

“Aren’t you just saying that just because we’re under the same roof?”

“Maybe…”

“Yaa!” Jinyoung got Yoogyeom in a head lock. He roughed him a little and let the younger go.

“But seriously hyung…I think you’re gonna make it big…I know you would…”

“Thanks kid…” Junyoung ruffled Yoogyeom’s hair.

“Hey, you’re messing my hairdo!”

Jinyoung laughed as his eyes went back to the pair. He secretly wanted that kind of relationship…someone that he could cherish and love.

Mark politely excused himself from a group of older men talking and made his way away from the crowd. The gala was in full swing and things are getting hectic in the ballroom area. He made a few new friends along the way but now, he was ready to leave.

“What are you doing here?” his assistant Kihyun made a beeline towards him.

“Can we leave now? It’s getting a little too uncomfortable for my liking…” Mark said loosening his tie.

“Just hold on for couple more hours ok? My new contact from Jang Corporation said they were looking for new business ventures…I’m trying to sneak our foot in…” he said, fixing Mark’s tie back to its original state.

“But can I at least step outside for a while? I need to freshen up or I might just leave you alone here…”

Kihyun looked at his friend. He knew Mark never liked being in a crowded place more than anything.

“Fine…but don’t go too far ok?”

“Yes mother…” Mark rolled his eyes before turning around and walked towards the entrance.

It’s cold outside at the terrace garden when Jinyoung stepped outside to get a fresh air away from the crowd. There are people around sitting together having a conversation and he was trying to find an empty spot just to sit down. He spotted an unoccupied wooden bench near the hibiscus bush at the far corner of the garden. He sat down and let out a long sigh of relief…

*Finally…I’m all alone…* he said, huddled in his thin jacket. He was cursing himself for not listening to Jaehyung when the older guy told him to bring his thick jumper along. *I can stand this temperature for a while…*

“Is this seat taken?”

Mark swears that he gasps when the guy sitting on the bench looked up at him. he’s probably the most good looking guy he ever set his eyes on. Thick eyebrows, pointed nose, a set of deep brown eyes and luscious pink lips…Mark was mesmerized by the beauty.

“Um…I…may I sit here?” Mark found himself stuttering and that rarely happened to him.

“Sure…” Jinyoung scooted over making space for the stranger.

They sat in silence for a while.

*Should I introduce myself? What if he think I’m a creep?* Mark contemplate.

*Damn he’s gorgeous! This must be my lucky day…* Jinyoung stole glances at the man next to him.

“Um…” they looked at each other trying to speak at the same time. Their eyes met and smiled automatically formed at the corner of their mouth.

“Hi…” Mark said first. “I’m Mark…”

“Jinyoung…”

“Getting away from the crowd?” Mark asked with his eyes casually stealing glances at the breathtaking man sitting next to him.

“Yeah…too much people can make you feel stuffy…”

“Can’t agree more…”

Jinyoung looked at the stranger and he had to admit, he was good looking. Chiseled jawline, slightly puffy lips…and that smile…he felt butterflies or more like a herd of bulls running inside his gut.

 

 

First chapter is up...our MarkJin first meeting...

Special thanks to Wawa (you know who you are...XOXOX) for helping me with this...

Happy reading and flood the comment box!!!!

BBYONG!!!