Twenty-Eight

FOR YOU I WOULD

“Mom?” Jinyoung frowned before turning his attention towards the woman sitting next to him.

“Mom…what are you doing here?” Mark asked.

“Well, my allergy acting up and luckily Jinyoung was here helping me…”

Mark walked up towards both of them and pulled Jinyoung’s hand.

“Let’s go babe…”

“But…but your mom…”

“She can take care of herself…her assistant is here…let’s go…”

Mark dragged Jinyoung away as fast as he could and Jinyoung could only mutter a silent sorry towards the older woman.

In the car on their way back home…

“That’s why she looks kinda familiar…” Jinyoung smacked his forehead. “Why didn’t I recognize her sooner?”

“Did she say something to you?”

“No…we just talked…she really look younger than her actually actual age…I almost called her noona…” Jinyoung laughed.

“I wonder what took you so long and imagine the horror I felt when I found out my boyfriend is talking to my mom…” Mark glanced at Jinyoung.

“She had an allergy reaction and I helped her…no big deal…”

“She’s probably faking it…”

“Babe, it’s your mother we’re talking about here…”

“That’s why I say it…are you sure she didn’t tell you to leave me or that kind of ?”

“No…we just talked about normal stuff…and she’s kinda nice…”

“Don’t be fooled.”

“I still think she’s genuinely nice…and your mom is a beauty…is she a model in her youth?”

“Maybe…but she used to tell us kids that she was a pageant winner when she was in her early 20s…”

“No wonder…”

“Her allergy…was it serious?”

“Not really…she had medicine with her…and she got a lot better while we’re talking…”

*********************************

Dorine Tuan was in her office looking at some files when her assistant walked in.

“Yes Ailee?”

“I’m sorry to bother you Mrs. Tuan, but I think you should take a look at this…”

Ailee gave Dorine a tablet PC and her eyes widened when she saw what’s on the screen.

“Who made this?”

“It came from Mr. Tuan’s secretary…”

“I’m gonna go and see my husband…hold all my calls…”

“Yes ma’am…”

Dorine speedily made her way to her husband’s office on the top floor.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Tuan…” her husband secretary greeted and bowed.

“Is my husband inside?”

“Yes ma’am…”

“Good…”

Dorine walked in and her husband was surprised seeing his wife here.

“Raymond Tuan! What the hell do you think you're doing?” Dorine stared at him. "That announcement..."

“Honey…I’m about to call you…we’re gonna have a lunch with the Baeks today to discuss about the engagement…”

“Engagement?”

“Yeah…Han Soo agreed to have Mark and his youngest daughter engaged…isn’t that wonderful news?”

“Are you out of your freaking mind Ray?”

“Why? The Baeks are pretty well known family…they own one of the largest architectural firms in the country…”

“Mark is already in a relationship! It’s all over the news!”

“That gold digger is no use!”

“Jinyoung is a great guy!”

“How would you know?”

“When you’re too busy mingling with your buddies at the charity ball, that kid helped me with my allergy without knowing who I was!”

Raymond looked at his wife.

“Mark is happy with him and I’ve never seen Mark smiling and laughing the way he did when he’s with Jinyoung…”

“Dorine…I’m doing this for his own good!”

“No! You’re doing it for your own greedy ! No, I’m not gonna let my son be under your grasp anymore! I’ve decided to support Mark and Jinyoung’s relationship.”

“You can’t be serious!”

“I’m dead serious Ray! I missed my son! I want him back! I don’t want him to hate me anymore…I’ve hurt him enough…”

“Dorine…”

“Can’t you see that he’s happy now? We always thought that he being gay was just a phase and he will snap out of it…but guess what? After 15 years he’s still gay!”

“We can change him…”

“No we can’t! Just face the facts dammit! You listen to me Raymond! You better cancel everything with Baek Han Soo and pull back that engagement announcement from the publisher…otherwise you’ll see me walking out from Shinsegae and from you.”

“You can’t be serious Dorine…”

“You know I won’t back out from my word…” Dorine turned her heels around heading towards the door. “I love my son Ray…and I would do anything for him…”

Joey walked in.

“Mom…what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Talking to your father…remember Ray…”

When Dorine left…

“Dad...what was that about? Did you and mom have a fight?”

“Joey…about the engagement announcement…”

“Should I send to several different news outlets?”

“Pull it back…cancel everything…”

“What? Why?” his eyes widened.

“Just do as I say…”

“But dad…”

“Pull it out!”

“Yes sir…as you wish…” Joey bowed.

***********************************

“So Jinyoung met your mother?” Kihyun asked Mark.

Their meeting with the Marketing Department just ended and it’s only the two of them left in the conference room.

“Yeah…I knew my dad gonna be at the charity event as Shinsegae is the main sponsor but I didn’t expect that my mom would be there…” Mark said, leaning against the chair.

“Did she freak out or something?”

“Strangely enough…she’s quite calm and when I get there, I saw them talking…and laughing…together.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah…weird huh?”

“Maybe…but let’s think positively…maybe your mom actually do like Jinyoung…”

“Ki…it’s my mom we’re talking about here. She hates the fact that I’m gay and still think that it’s just a phase…”

Suddenly, Mark’s phone rings. He took it out and Jinyoung’s name and picture flashed on the screen.

“Hey babe…”

“Hey…” Jinyoung’s voice greeted him. “What are you doing?”

“Just finished a meeting…”

“Um…is that mean you’re free now?”

“Kinda…why?”

“Well…I thought maybe we can go out for lunch together…”

“Lunch?” Mark looked at his watch. “Sure…”

“Great…so I’ll meet you at Mingyu’s place in half an hour?”

“Okay…”

“Sweet…I gotta now…love you…”

“Love you too babe…” Mark hung up.

Jinyoung looked at the older woman in front of him.

“Thank you for doing this Jinyoung…” Dorine said smiling sweetly.

“It’s my pleasure…besides, I’ve been dying to try new dishes at my friend’s place…you gonna love the food there…”

“I know I will…shall we get going then?”

“Yeah…”

Jinyoung felt Dorine linking her arm around his as they walked together and smile spread across his face.

“My driver is just outside…I’m too lazy to drive today…” she said.

“Me too…usually my manager would drive me around…”

Mark got out of his car and glanced at his watch…he’s 10 minutes late. Silently praying that Jinyoung wouldn’t get mad at him, he hurriedly jogged towards the restaurant.

“Hyung!” Mingyu, the owner greeted him.

“Mingyu ya…is Jinyoung here yet?”

“Yeah…he just arrived…Yoojoung, can you Mr. Tuan to his VIP room?”

“Yes sir…right this way Mr. Tuan…” the petite young female waiter said, ushering Mark to his reserved table.

When Mark opened the door to the private dining room, he was surprised there’s someone else with Jinyoung there.

“Hey babe…” Jinyoung waved.

“What are you doing here?” Mark stared at his mother.

“Hello son…” Dorine tried to smile when she saw the look on Mark’s face.

“So you’re trying to get me through Jinyoung now? Isn’t it enough when you saw him at the charity event?”

“Babe…”Jinyoung got up and went towards Mark. “Mark, your mom just wanted to have lunch with us…”

“Why? Know what…I’m not in the mood to eat anymore…let’s go…” Mark grabbed Jinyoung’s wrist.

But Jinyoung snapped his hand back.

“Jinyoung ah…” Mark said in disbelief.

“Babe, please…your mom is here and it’s rude to leave…”

“No, I don’t care…”

Then…

“Mark…I’m sorry…”

Dorine rose up from her seat, went towards Mark and hugged him.

“I’m so sorry Mark…I knew I was wrong…I was so stubborn and I didn’t realize that I hurt you all these time all along…” faint sniffle escaped her lips.

“Mom…”

Mark was shocked…he never saw his mom cry before. She always been this strong, intimidating woman and not once she show her vulnerable side like this.

“I know you won’t forgive me that easily but I’ll try until you do…I love you Mark…you’re my son…”

“But I love Jinyoung…you said I can’t be with a guy…”

“That was before…I was ignorant…I just want you to be happy and I know Jinyoung can make you happy…I’ve spent enough time with him to know that he’s the perfect guy for you…”

“So you’re not mad that I’m gay?”

“Gay, straight or whatever…it doesn’t matter to me…I just want my son back…”

“Mom…”

Jinyoung teared up as he saw mother and son hugged each other….secretly he hoped that his mother would accepting too.

“Okay…let’s stop the waterworks and order some food…I’m sure everyone is starving…” he said pushing the duo to the table.

 

An update!!! Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy lately...anyway, this story is about to end in a few chapters and I'm thinking about writing another MarkJin story but I don't know whether it's will be chaptered or short story...will you read if I write it?

Don't forget to flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!!!