Nineteen

FOR YOU I WOULD

The vacation went great for both Jinyoung and Mark…they spent every waking minute together, exploring the city and having great food along the way. There’s zero worries about Jinyoung being photographed out in the open while with Mark and they were extremely happy with it.

“I wished we could stay here longer…” Mark said, holding Jinyoung’s hand, rubbing gently on the back of his palm.

The pair was having a romantic candle lit dinner at the exclusive seaside restaurant just down the road from their hotel suite.

“Me too…I can’t believe we have to go back tomorrow…time does fly faster when you’re having fun right?” Jinyoung smiled.

“Yeah…maybe we can come here again next time you have long time off from schedule…”

“What about your work then? Kihyun hyung won’t be too happy…”

“He will be…I know a way to get to him…”

“He’s gonna hate me…”

“He loves you babe…don’t let his sass fooled you…”

“I really love you…I don’t think I said enough…” Jinyoung pulled Mark’s hand, kissing the knuckles.

“I love you too…”

*******************************

After 17 hours of tiring flight, Jinyoung and Mark arrived back in Seoul. Jae was at the arrival hall when the pair walked out. Jinyoung was wearing his hoodies up and Mark had his mask on, trying not to get noticed by the others at the airport.

“Hyung…” Jinyoung hugged Jae.

“Have fun?”

“The best time ever…”

“Hey hyung…” Mark’s turn to hug Jae.

“Let’s get your luggage and get you both out of here.”

In the car…

“Thanks for picking us up hyung…” Mark said.

“No problem…I had nothing to do anyway…how’s Santorini?”

“Awesome…I’m gonna send you and Brian hyung there the next time you get a time off work…” Jinyoung beamed.

“I’ll hold onto that…”

The next morning…

“Good morning…”

Jinyoung smiled as he walked into the kitchen and saw Mark just finished making their breakfast.

“Morning babe…” Jinyoung kissed Mark’s lips.

“I hope you like waffles…”

“You know I’m not picky…” Jinyoung opened the fridge and took out a box of orange juice. “It’s great to be back home right?”

“Yup…”

While eating…

“So, are you going back to work today?” Jinyoung asked.

“No…I decided to take the day off so we could go out on a date…”

“Date? Sounds fun…where do you want to go?”

“I know a place…”

Two hours later, Mark and Jinyoung arrived Tapjeongho Lake in Nonsan.

“Wow…this place hardly change…” Jinyoung said as he and Mark got out of the car.

“Yeah…worth the drive if you tell me…”

The pair went for a long walk looking at the beautiful tall reeds that grow along the lake, just talking about everything, enjoying the date.

“Remember the first time I brought you here?” Mark asked. They stopped and sat on a wooden bench at the end of a small walkway.

“I was a nervous wreck…I mean…for a second I thought you’re gonna kidnap me…”

“For real?”

“Yeah…you wouldn’t tell where we’re going and I even texted Jae hyung if he didn’t hear from me for the next 12 hours, call the police…” Jinyoung said.

“But, aren’t you glad that I didn’t?”

“Oh yeah…you never told me how you knew this place…I’ve been meaning to ask you but somehow it slipped my mind…”

“Kihyun met Minhyuk here for the first time…and I was the wing man…”

“Really?”

“Yeah…then like always, I was alone once they’re together…”

“Too bad…”

“Kinda…and I fell in love with this place…it’s so calm and peaceful…and I just had to bring you here for our third date…”

“Before me…did you bring anyone else here?”

“No…you’re the only one…”

“I’m honored…” Jinyoung leaned over and kissed Mark’s lips.

“Um…hey babe…there’s something I need to tell you…”

“About what?”

“But first…promise me that you’re not gonna freak out…”

“You know I won’t right? Now, tell me…”

Mark finally told Jinyoung about Taehyung…that they used to date and when Taehyung left him for another guy…they met again because of the venture and how the guy kept bothering Mark despite him being married to Jimin.

“Did you really mean it when you say you would cancel the whole venture?”

“Yeah…luckily we got through it and I finally told his husband everything…I just can’t let it slide anymore…Jimin is a great guy…he doesn’t deserve that …”

“Is it worth risking everything?”

“Losing a few million dollars is nothing compared knowing that I could hurt you along the process…I’d rather lose everything than losing you…”

Jinyoung could feel the sincerity in Mark’s words.

“You know…I just realized something…”

“What is it?”

“I fell in love with you all over again…” Jinyoung upped Mark’s face and kissed the tip of his nose. “Thank you for being honest with me…”

“So, you’re not mad I kept this from you?”

“At first I did…but then, seeing that you would sacrifice something that you’ve worked so hard for just for me, made me realized that I was damn lucky having you as my other half…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung into a tight hug.

“I love you Park Jinyoung…”

“And I love you too Mark Tuan…”

They sat in silenced for a few moments before continuing their date. Mark felt his relief in his chest knowing that he’s not hiding anything from Jinyoung and being honest with his boyfriend was the right thing to do.

********************************

It’s a new day at work and Mark was more than ready to start his day after the vacation. He arrived at his company greeted by his employees as he made his way to the elevator.

“Good morning Ki…”

“Welcome back…”

The two hugged each other.

“Here’s something from Santorini for you and Minhyuk…” Mark passed him a huge paper bag.

“Thanks…I guess the vacation went well?”

“Definitely…leaving my phone to you was the best thing I did…I hope no one called…”

“Actually…someone did…”

“Who?”

“Kim Taehyung…”

“He did?”

“Yeah…in fact, he’s inside your office wanting to meet you.”

“What?” Mark’s eyes widened.

“He’s been calling and coming here nonstop since you left for Santorini and he thought I was just making excuses not letting him meeting you…although I would do exactly that if you are not on vacation…”

“So, where’s my phone?”

“On your desk, already charged…”

“Thanks Ki…”

Taehyung got up as Mark walked into the office. He finally meet him after a week…Kihyun was right after all, Mark did left for a vacation.

“Yes Mr. Kim…what can I do for you today?” Mark said, taking off his coat and went behind his desk, sitting on his big leather chair.

“I’m not here on business…so cut the formality crap.”

“Well in that case…I can’t help you…my relation to you is strictly business oriented…other than that, sorry, I’m interested.”

“Did you tell Jimin about us?”

“Well, first of all…there’s no US…period! Second of all, yes…I did tell Jimin about your constant annoying texts and stuff…”

“Why would you do that?”

“So he could see the real dougebag that you are. He’s way too good for you…”

“Mark…”

“No! You listen to me Kim Taehyung! I don’t want to associate myself with you anymore…please leave me alone or I will not hesitate to get a restrain order against you…”

“You don’t really mean that right?”

“You’re more than welcome to find out and you know I’m true to my word…now, could you please leave my office? There’s the door…”

Feeling dejected, Taehyung walked out. When he left, Kihyun walked in…

“Well, that went out great I guess…”

“Even better…” Mark smiled.

“What happened?”

“I told Jimin everything…and I guess Jimin confronted him…”

“You did? When?”

“The day of our launch event…”

“Really? How did he take it?”

“A lot better than I expected…so, when is our next meeting with NamJin Group?”

“In three weeks…”

“I guess we’ll see what happen then…”

“What if they wanted to keep this as a one-time project?”

“I don’t mind at all…”

“Yeah…we could always find another company…”

“That’s the spirit…” Mark winked.