Fall

Trust, Let's Trust.

"What about this?" Jongin holds up a little brown diaper bag,

Hope checks the gift list for Jiara's upcoming baby shower, "Someone's already bought it." She says, passing her phone for him to confirm.

"I'm clueless." Jongin sighs, pressing a kiss to her temple as they head out the store. "What did you decide on?"

With her eyes focused on the bag displayed in the middle of the shop, "Taehyung and I are going the usual route, we've booked a Power Wheel car and hopefully it'll be here before the baby."

"Should I book a motorycle?" Jongin wonders, thinking of matching with his girlfriend,

"Sure, if you want Jiara to disown you." Hope chuckles, "Let's look for something safer." She says, searching online for gift ideas as she heads out the store.

Jongin watches her leave as he calls a sale associate and points at the bag his girlfriend was eyeing. "Have the entire collection delivered." Quickly paying for the items, he hurries to catch up.

"What about shoes? You can try getting matching shoes for you little nephew." Heeyoung asks, not even realizing Jongin wasn't with her for the past few minutes,

"I don't want to get any clothes until the baby is here." Jongin declines, and pulls her towards another baby store.

After walking through the entire store, they've accumulated a few cute plushies, bibs and little knickknacks along with a highly recommended stroller.

With the gifts out the way, Jongin chooses to have their purchases delivered to his apartment, thus leaving them empty handed to explore more shops.

After going through all the shops on the floor, the two are heading back downstairs when someone calls for Heeyoung. Looking around, Jongin isn't surprised to see his mother heading towards them, but he is surprised to feel Heeyoung tightly squeeze his arm.

"What's wrong?" He worries, noticing her slightly pale,

"I'm nervous." Heeyoung confesses, confusing Jongin, "Why?"

"I want your parents to like me, Jongin." Heeyoung sighs, wanting to roll her eyes at her oblivious boyfriend,

"We've only interacted during events, so I don't know how your parents really feel about me." She explains, but before he can assure her, Choi Inhee is hugging Heeyoung.

"I missed you, my daughter." Inhee beams while her husband manages to unload their shopping bags to an empty-handed Jongin.

"Where are your bags?" Inhee asks Heeyoung, not waiting for an answer, she rounds up on her son, "I've taught you better, Kim Jongin."

Jongin scoffs at his mother and glares at his father, "Unlike others, I use my brains." He mocks, "I had all of our purchases delivered, so we could enjoy shopping more."

Mr.Kim is glaring daggers at his son as he chooses to carry his wife's bags and hasn't ever told her they can get their purchases delivered.

"We know, but I like showing off my strong husband." Inhee defends, resulting in Jongin fake gagging,

"Continue showing off." Jongin huffs, handing the bags back to his father.

"Jongin." Heeyoung scolds, hurrying to help Mr.Kim with the bags, of course Jongin doesn't let her and snatches the bags himself.

"You should always have your man carry your bags, daughter. It lets other women know, they're yours and are more than happy to follow you around carrying your bags for you." Inhee advices with a wink as she links her arms with Heeyoung and drags her through the mall. CEO Kim is more than happy to swipe his card for all their purchases.

~

"Are you still nervous about my parents?" Jongin teases Heeyoung, once they've split from the elder Kim couple after sharing a late lunch together,

"Your mom can shop." Heeyoung blinks, still processing the last few hours that Inhee dragged her through all the shops and made sure they both left with a few bags each.

"Would you believe me when I say, this was a calm day for my mother." Jongin tells her,

"You're serious!" Heeyoung gasps, studying his expression.

"Honestly, my mother loves you more than me." Jongin teases, lightly bumping against her shoulder,

"Not true." Heeyoung denies,

"I'm serious. They love you because you're quite lovable yourself, but also because of your influence on me. Before meeting you, I worked but I never pushed myself further. I made safe decisions and never felt the need to take risks. After meeting you, I started following my gut more and pushed myself to get better and strive to take KJC higher." Jongin tells her,

"Yeah." Hope shyly smiles, "I'm glad, because I plan to be with you for a very, very long time."

Jongin can't stop himself from kissing her. Thankfully they're in the underground parking garage and don't have to worry about others watching them.


"Good morning!" Hope slams open the bedroom door open which scares the owner of the room out of his sleep and causes him to roll of his bed.

"Hope Park!" Hyungshik glares at her from the floor,

"Did I scare you?" Hope innocently asks, maintaining a safe distance from her sleepy cousin,

"Why are you waking me up at 6. 6am? Are you fu*king with me, Hope? Why would you ruin my sleep?" Hyungshik cries, climbing back to bed,

"It's Jiara's day and if I remember correctly, someone promised our favorite sister-in-law, they'll be picking up the desserts." Hope reminds him, plopping down beside him,

"That someone is me, isn't it?" Hyungshik groans, still rolled up in his blanket,

Hope claps and makes a ding-ding noise.

"Thanks for reminding me." Hyungshik looks ready to go back to sleep.

"Right, but if you remember, Jiara ordered from a few places. If you don't wake up now, you won't be able to make it to all of them on time and guess who's going to be pissed." Hope quickly adds,

Hyungshik groans, though as if a light bulb turns on, he turns to his favorite sister, "Hope, My favorite sister, can you please help this brother out once. Please?" He practically begs,

"Why should I? You're the one who promised Jiara and Haejin Oppa." Hope bluntly states,

"Hope, Please." Hyungshik pleads, seeing the unamused look on her face, he resorts to bribing and after a list of unimpressive bribes, Heeyoung relents when Hyungshik adds his latest customized sports car in. 

"Alright. I guess, I'll do it. Though my gifts better be in my room before I get back home." Hope gets to her feet, "You still have to go to the AaHoo Bakes & Cakes, the order time is at 1pm. Don't forget." She reminds him.

"Alright." Hyungshik waves her off.

"I'm serious, Oppa. AaHoo Bakes & Cakes, 1pm. It's a 30 minute drive from here. Please don't forget."


I'll be there in 30. ~  Heeyoung. 5:53am. 


"Good morning," Hyungshik greets the two people at the dining table,

"Good morning," Jiara beams, while Haejin simply nods.

"When are you leaving to pick you the desserts?" Jiara asks,

"Hope and I split the places up." Hyungshik informs them,

"Split?" Jiara asks, confused.

"I'm picking up the order at 1, Something Cake and Bakes." Hyungshik stuffs his mouth, not seeing the look on Jiara's face,

"How did you convince Hope to help you?" Jiara wonders, showing her husband the phone with the pick up confirmation from the one and only bakery she ordered from. 

Hyungshik lists out the 'gifts' he's already had moved to Hope's room and his sister-in-law can't stop herself from bursting into laughter.

"What?" Hyungshik looks at Haejin,

"Hope tricked you." Jiara informs him, "I only had one pick up order, while the others will be delivering my order."

"Hope Park!" Hyungshik fumes as he pulls out his phone and the anger rises when he sees a text from her, reminding him to get to the AaHoo Bakes & Cakes at 1pm. "What the fu*k is AaHoo Bakes & Cakes?"

"Uncle Lee." Hyungshik calls for the butler, "Is Hope still here?"

The elder shakes his head, "Young Miss left early in the morning."

"Seriously? When did she leave?" Jiara asks,

"Young Miss was out of the house before 6am."

"Where did she run off to?" Hyungshik asks, sending his cousin a text,

I would be more worried about getting to the bakery on time. ~ Hope 9:29am

"Fine. I'm heading out." Hyungshik abandons his breakfast and heads for the garage without another word.

"What's she playing at?" Jiara wonders, shaking her head before focusing on her breakfast.


"Good morning!" Heeyoung beams at Jongin,

He's barely in the car when Heeyoung pulls him for a heavy kiss,

"Good morning," He greets, pressing another kiss to her lips before she starts the car,

"What's with the sudden date?" Jongin asks, once they're on the road.

"I need to pick up desserts for the baby shower and decided to spend the day with one of my favorite people." Heeyoung cheekily replies, shuddering at her own words.

The first stop for their day is a themed cafe for breakfast after which they walk around and chat.

For lunch, Heeyoung prepared a picnic, which they enjoy at a park. Spending the remainder of their time at the park sunbathing, chatting, reading and napping, before they need to pick up the dessert.

After picking up the dessert, Hope drops Jongin off to his place and heads back.


"You! Where did you send Hyungshik?" Jiara wonders, seeing her sister-in-law return with the staff unloading the desserts, 

"Me..." Hope points to herself, "No where." She innocently denies,

Jiara gives her a contemplative look,

"I'm serious, Ara. You should head to get ready and I'll handle the rest." Hope says,

Jiara simply rolls her eyes, "Everything is ready. The planner is handling the rest of it. You should get ready as well."

"Alright, then. Let's go." Hope links their arms together and leads Jiara towards her room.

~

Heeyoung's putting the last touches when someone knocks on her door and Jongin pops his head in,

"You look beautiful." Jongin compliments, wrapping his arms around her and pressing a kiss to her temple.

"And you always look handsome." Heeyoung winks, turning back to the mirror to apply a coat of lipstick. "Give me a few minutes and I should be done."

"I'll wait." Jongin takes a seat on her bed, but the incessant ringing from his phone pulls his attention,

"Answer it." Heeyoung tells him, knowing Jongin doesn't like thinking about work when he's with her,

After reading the emails, Jongin's frown deepens.

"What's wrong?" Heeyoung asks,

"Do you remember JH Tech?" Heeyoung nods,

"Something happened to the CEO and apparently the board is in disarray. They're halting many of the projects due to internal conflicts. I'm not sure what's going on?" Jongin sighs. Losing the project with JH will cost KJC too much since they've invested a lot of resources and time.

"Well, Do you have a contingency plan, if JH Tech falls through?" Hope asks, kissing his hair before leading him out of her room.


"Hey," Hope isn't surprised when Jaemin walks into her room. He's been sticking to her almost the entire party.

"Jaemin." Hope tiredly sighs, heading to her closet to get a jacket for Seungwan since she accidentally spilled juice on it,

"I don't think I've ever seen so many shopping bags in your room." Jaemin jokes, looking over the bags lining her closet floor.

"They're gifts." Hope tells him,

"From whom? The Hyungs?" Jaemin wonders,

"Not the hyungs, but he also enjoys spoiling me." Hope clarifies,

"As he should, though I should let him know, you're not really a fan of half these brands." Jaemin jokes, earning a smile from her,

"Why are you sticking to me, tonight?" Hope asks him, straight forward.

"I don't like the way my cousin looks at you. In fact, I came here to warn to stay away from him, but I guess I was worrying for nothing." Jaemin winks at her, following her out of her room.

"Your cousin Jongin? What's wrong with him?" Heeyoung looks confused,

"He's a good person, Hope. But I'm not sure he can be a good partner to you. I'm pretty sure, he's in love with Baekhyun's wife. They're childhood friends or something, but I remember Jongin always talking about her and planning their future and all. I don't know if he's over her or not, but if he's not and he's simply looking for a rebound I don't want it to be you." Jaemin tells her, failing to notice Hope freeze at his words as she's reaching for a jacket.

Composing herself, Hope turns to Jaemin and gives him a one-arm hug, "Thanks for looking out for me, Jae. You know I love you, right?"

Jaemin beams, pressing a kiss to her hair, "Of course. I love you too."

~

"Why are you hiding?" Jongin startles Hope out of her thoughts, finding her hiding in a closet on the second floor.

"Has everyone else left?" Hope asks, not knowing how to answer his question.

Jongin nods, "Everyone but the regular group."

"How much did you drink?" Jongin wonders, noticing her flushed and heated cheeks.

"Not much." She waves him off, but Jongin slides to the floor and pulls her into his lap,

"Uh huh." Jongin nods, tweaking her nose,

"I'm not drunk. Maybe a little tipsy or buzzed but not drunk." Hope defends herself,

"Are we hiding from Hyungshik?" Jongin asks, having noticed the glares the elder was throwing Heeyoung throughout the evening.

"Jongin." Heeyoung softly calls, her tone surprising him,

"Heeyoung." He cups her cheek,

"Do you love me?" Heeyoung asks, though she doesn't wait for his response and presses their lips together.

"Heeyoung." Jongin carefully pulls away, "Of course, I love you." He presses a kiss to her forehead, holding her head to his chest.

"What happen?" Jongin asks, thinking back on their date and even when he saw her a few hours ago, she seemed fine.

"I just love you very very much." Heeyoung shakily smiles. She suddenly shifts, straightening up and straddling Jongin. 

"Heeyoung." Jongin warns,

"I am not drunk." Heeyoung states, trailing her hands over his chest while peppering kisses along his neck and jaw, 

"You're not supposed to be drinking, love." Jongin mumbles, thinking of how to best handle the situation.

"I am stupidly in love with Mr.Kim." Heeyoung murmurs, pressing kisses on Jongin and causing him to practically melt under her attention.

However, just as Heeyoung manages to slip her hands under his shirt, she's lifted away and a thud sounds with someone punching Jongin and causing him to hit his head against the wall,

"Jongin!" Heeyoung cries, trying to run to him but the arm around her waist manages to drag her out of the room,

"Let me go!" Heeyoung hits at the arm, trying to get away but the drunk lady can't land any hits.

"He was trying to take advantage of you when you're f*king drunk." Jaemin fumes,

"What nonsense!" Hope yells, "I was taking advantage of my Jongin." She clarifies as Jaemin heads to towards the balcony.

"You're drunk, Hope. Your judgment is impaired." Jaemin scolds,

" off, Jaemin. Jongin and I are in a very serious relationship and have been before the accident." Hope tries to explain, though her words come out a little slurred,

Jaemin halts, turns to her, "You know?"

Hope takes the opportunity to step away from him, gasping when his words register, "I know? You know?"

"I mentioned looking through our online clouds. Jongin has been in most of them from the past year." Jaemin chooses his words carefully, unsure on how Hope might react on learning about her wedding pictures and videos and the baby."

"Right, we're dating." Hope nods, glancing over Jaemin's shoulder to see a fuming Jongin storming up to them,

"Jong-" She's cut off as Jongin punches Jaemin before pulling Heeyoung into his arms,

"Are you hurt?" He asks, looking her over while Heeyoung gently runs her fingers over the darkening bruise on his cheek, "Let's get you an ice pack!"

She starts to walk, but Jaemin grips her arm, "I'll get one for you as well. Stay here."

"Hope." Jaemin calls, wanting her to understand him but she shakes her head,

"I. Jae, I love him." Hope confesses, needing him to understand her point of view.

"What's going on?" Hyungshik asks, half-way up the stairs from where the remainder of their friends are watching them,

"Nothing."

"He was taking advantage of her drunk." Jaemin blurts, resulting in Heeyoung smacking his chest,

"Stop spreading lies." Heeyoung steps away from Jongin to scold her childhood friend, though her ankle twists and since Jaemin is holding her arm, the two crash against the balcony railing.

"Hope." Jongin grabs her arm to look at her scratch, and pushing Jaemin back,

"Both of you need to stop this." Heeyoung warns, not wanting her friend and boyfriend arguing.

"And I told you to stay the fu*k away from Jongin, did I not?" Jaemin snaps, looking slightly crazed as a small streak of red rolls down his forehead from a cut.

Jongin ignores his cousin, "Let's get this looked at." He helps her stand but Jaemin is there pulling him away,

"You don't get to touch her with your dirty hands." Jaemin screams, aiming a hit at Jongin but missing as Jongin ducks.

"Dirty? Between the two of us, who do you really think has 'dirty hands', Jaemin Kim?" Jongin taunts, landing a punch on Jaemin.

However, Jaemin is a trained fighter and Jongin is not. Jaemin continues throwing punches, ignoring the yells calling for him to stop his craziness.

"I'm not the one in love with my best friend's wife, Jong." Jaemin whispers into Jongin's ear.

Shocked Jongin can't defend himself from Jaemin's hits, but Heeyoung manages to get between them. She's quickly moved out of the way by Jaemin.

Hyungshik hurries to move Heeyoung away from the fight, but Heeyoung moves behind Jaemin and wraps her arms around him, needing him to calm down. However, Jongin doesn't realize Heeyoung's position and the next hit causes Jaemin to stumble and lose his footing and sends both Heeyoung and Jaemin over the railing. 

The silence is broken by a loud thud as the two land on the table, the force resulting in the table breaking under them and a loud screech follows. Taehyung hands the screeching Jayden to his father as he runs towards his fallen friends. Jongin and Hyungshik are looking over the railing their outstretched arms catching empty air. 


For the people who've read this before and are thinking why did we just get an entire different perspective from Jaemin?

Well, I did some thinking and childish and immature Jaemin, does not make sense.

 He loves Hope. Her happiness is all that matters.

It doesn't matter if that's with him or someone else, though that someone else better treat her right.

That's why, I had to make changes, but Heeyoung's fall had to somehow be related to Jaemin, so this was my best attempt.

Let me know, if you any other plot holes or something that wouldn't make sense.