Wedding

Trust, Let's Trust.

After Youngjae leaves, the group gets back to playing around and snapping selfies. Busy joking around to notice someone walk in until they the female clears .

"Oh Sera!" Sehun calls, walking over to the lady standing at the door, 

"Sera?" Heeyoung glances at Chanyeol, who mouths "Sehun's sister." The bride stands, trying to get a better view of the sister. The two are shocked when their eyes meet and Sera yells, "You fu*king bi*ch" 

The men are shocked at the language, fearing the worst when Sera charges for Heeyoung. Chanyeol attempts to shield the bride, but Sera simply shoves him aside to pull Heeyoung into a tight hug. 

"You're getting married! And you didn't even tell me? What are you doing here? I didn't see the others or your brothers? Why are you marrying Jongin? What about that lo-" 

"I missed you." Heeyoung cuts Sera off, giving her a look saying I'll-explain-later. 

"You two?" Confused Sehun points between the women, but before they get a chance to explain, Mr.Byun enters the room with the wedding planner. 

The planner seems close to exploding as the groom should be at the altar with his friends are already seated. As they're urged out of the room, Chanyeol hugs Heeyoung, while Sera stays with the Byuns on the bride's insistence.

~

"Ready." The wedding planner signals the father-daughter standing before the heavy doors, 

Heeyoung reluctantly loops her arm with Mr.Byun's as the photographer snaps pictures of them. 

The planner is counting down to her entrance when Heeyoung finds it difficult to breathe, "H-hold on." She gasps, pulling away from Mr.Byun and running away. Sera asks the planner a few more minutes as Baekhyun calms his father. 

Sera breathes a sigh of relief, finding the bride crouched against the wall. Looking over the hyperventilating bride, Sera makes a video call.

"Hope, breathe with me." The man on the phone instructs. Loud footsteps sound as Youngjae and Baekhyun stop to observe the scene. 

"I can't do this. I can't." Hope shakily says, focusing on the screen.

"Okay. If you don't want to, it's fine." The male on the screen says,

"He's right, princess. I'll sneak you out of here, if you want." Youngjae tells her, ignoring the panicked look on Baekhyun's face. Sera s the phone to Youngjae, sending Baekhyun away with an excuse to get some water.

"Hope Park." Sera interrupts, crouching in front of Heeyoung and smacking her across her face. She ignores the males protesting and squeezes Heeyoung's shoulder, "I don't know what's happening, but I know enough to realize this is something you have thought over. I can guess this wedding might be a last resort to your bigger picture. Snap out of your fears and get practical."

"Sera." The male on the screen scolds, though the former doesn't care.

"Hope, there's other ways to get your shares. We can talk to grandfather and.."

"W-we can't. Whoever keeps the alliance, will get the shares. I've barely managed to distract Baekhee from the situation and if I don't go through this, everything will have been for nothing." Heeyoung mumbles, slowly gathering her senses, 

"We'll fight it. Grandpa-"

"He can't do anything. Mr. Byun has full authority over them, after Mom's accident." Heeyoung informs Youngjae,

"Why can't you do this?" asks Sera,

"Because-" Heeyoung frowns, "My family isn't here, I can't do this without them."

"We are. We might not be physically present, but we're still there. Chanyeol is live-streaming the event for us and right now, everyone is getting antsy." The male on the phone calmly says, not missing the obvious relief on the bride's face,

"Everyone's watching?"

"Even the elders."

"Okay." Heeyoung stands up just as Baekhyun returns with a water bottle,

"They're asking how long?" He hands Heeyoung the opened bottle,

"She's ready." Sera answers for her, watching the bride take a few sips as Youngjae wipes the sweat off her face with a handkerchief,

"Can it be you?" She asks Youngjae. The male looks confused before understanding her words, he shares a conflicted look with Baekhyun and Sera,

"You know I can't." Youngjae shakes his head, "Hope, let him pretend to be a loving father, one last time."

Heeyoung gives him a weak smile, handing Sera her phone after bidding her friend goodbye. 

"It'll be fine, right?" Sera asks, staring behind Heeyoung.

"Jongin is a good person. He'll take care of her." Baekhyun answers her,

"You should be more worried about your friend." Youngjae snorts, following after his cousin,

"He's right. Jongin is the one who needs to take care of himself." Sera pats Baekhyun's shoulder, leaving the confused male staring after them.

~

Jongin is panicking, subtly glancing at his watch and the door while trying to maintain a calm smile. He looks over at the empty spot beside Mrs.Byun. He's about to have Sehun go check, when the music starts playing signaling the bride's entrance. He sighs, noticing Baekhyun, Sera and Youngjae sneak in from the side door, while the main doors are pulled open for his bride and father-in-law. 

Heeyoung maintains a soft smile, keeping her eyes on the altar while Jongin finds himself staring at her. He steps down from the altar, as the father-daughter near.

"I'm trusting my daughter to you." Mr.Byun states, putting Heeyoung's hand in Jongin's before walking off the platform,

The couple, mindlessly go through the ceremony, from their vows, to the ring exchange and the signing of their marriage license till the end.

"Kiss the bride." Jongin pulls Heeyoung close, pecking her lips, before pressing a long kiss to her forehead.


"Our baby." Heeyoung perks up at the sight of the couple headed their way.

"Auntie." Heeyoung smiles, being pulled into a tight hug by the lady a head shorter than her.

"You look so much like your mother." Youngjae's mother quickly wipes her tears,

"Son-in-law and you need to come visit us, okay." The lady states, while Jongin chats with Mr. Choi.

"Of course." Heeyoung nods, as Youngjae pulls Heeyoung for a hug,

"Princess, I think you're going to be just fine." He whispers, looking over at Jongin, occasionally glancing at Heeyoung.

"Heeyoung, Son-in-law has promised to bring you over soon. Hold him up on it, okay." Her uncle exclaims.

"Of course, Uncle. But I won't let you see a golf course when I'm there. Will you be okay?" She teases her elder,

"On second thought, no need to visit. There's always video calls." The elder states, earning laughter from the group.

After a few more minutes of chatting, the Choi's walk off and the next family heads their way.

"I didn't realize they could be amicable." Jongin looks behind the Choi family.

"Excuse you?" Heeyoung scowls at him,

"They've nev-"

"My mother and Hyeyeong aunt had been friends before the marriage." Heeyoung explains.


After the pictures, the newlyweds are rushed to get changed into their reception outfits.

Heeyoung changes out her wedding gown, into a long V-neck, gold tulle dress, seating in front of the mirror and letting the pros handle everything else. She even manages to take a quick nap before the groom's arrival has her blinking her eyes open to see him staring at her.

"Wow." Sehun whistles at Heeyoung, "You look gorgeous."

"You look quite handsome too, Sehun." Heeyoung tells him, slipping on her wedges.

"Thanks but the compliment is what your husband would say, if he wasn't too busy drooling." Sehun teases, not even upset when Jongin smacks him.

The staff in the room laugh as the bride turns her attention to her groom.

"You look handsome as well." Heeyoung tells him, appreciating the gray suit with a simple white shirt.

The artists work on completing Jongin's look, while Heeyoung styles Sehun's hair. Sehun is impressed at his look, giving Heeyoung a thumbs up.

"I look good." Sehun comments to his image.

"Of course you do. You have a handsome face and an amazing body. Not many can pull off a teal suit, in fact, everything looks good on you." Heeyoung praises, checking Sehun out, the duo ignorant of the groom glaring at them.

"Can I have you as my little sister? Baek can keep Sera." Sehun jokes, pulling Heeyoung for a hug.

"As if." Baekhyun scoffs, walking into the room with Jongdae.

"Keep your paws off my sister." Baekhyun scolds, pulling them apart and wrapping a protective arm around Heeyoung.

"It's party time. Let's go." Jongdae says, as the hair stylist finishes Jongin's hair.


"The couple of the hour." The MC, Chanyeol announces, and the couple walks in, hand-in-hand. The two are seated at a table with their parents and siblings.

"We'll start off with a word from our bride's father." Chanyeol reads over the cue cards. He looks over at Heeyoung, but her attention is on her champagne flute. The bride tunes out Mr.Byun's words, letting Jongin thank him on their behalf.

"Now a toast from our groom's younger brother, Kim Jongdae."

"Congrats, Jong. There used to be time, I disliked being younger than you by a mere 3 minutes, but as we got older I came to appreciate those 3 minutes. I'm not a man of many words, (Snorts sound from a few tables) so I'm not going to make this long. Sister-in-law, you've got yourself a good man, but my brother is fu*king lucky for getting someone like Heeyoung. I'll pass on some advice, Mom gave me "We're all flawed, but couples recognize those flaws and work together to overcome them." Sister-in-law and my dearest brother, I wish you a happy life, hoping you'll overcome all problems together. I love you, Jong." Jongdae sniffs, handing the mic over to Chanyeol. Heeyoung nudges Jongin off his seat, tilting her head towards Jongdae. Jongin hurries to pull his brother for a hug.

"The bride's older brother, Byun Baekhyun."

"I've known Jongin for a long time, which is why I'm willing to trust my sister over to him. But, brother-in-law if you ever hurt my sister, be warned. I won't care for our years of friendship." Baekhyun starts, "But seriously, please take care of my little sister, Jong." Baekhyun wipes at his cheeks,

"Baek." Heeyoung calls, walking to Baekhyun and hugging him tight.

Several of the guests tear up, watching Heeyoung comfort a crying Baekhyun, "You too, Work together and take care of each other." He advises.

"And now the couple of the hour." The MC calls,

Jongin extends his palm towards Heeyoung, leading her to the middle of the dance floor while Baekhyun heads to the piano with Jongdae behind the mic. The couple smiles, looking at each other as the sway to the slow song.

"You really do look gorgeous." Jongin compliments,

"Thanks." Heeyoung smiles, as Jongin twirls her once, before wrapping his arms around her waist.

As the song comes to an end, the cake is rolled out.

Once the floor is cleared up, the DJ turns the music back on, and Baekhyun uses this chance to pull his sister to the dance floor.

"Thank you for the song. It was beautiful." Heeyoung praises,

"It's a small gift from us brothers." Baekhyun chuckles.

As the song nears its end, Baekhyun sees someone headed towards them, "Save another dance for me." He tells her, just as Chanyeol and Jihyun stop beside them.

While Chanyeol and Heeyoung are laughing and dancing on the floor, a sullen Jongin watches over them.

"Instead of sulking over here, you could simply go to her." Sera states, surprising Jongin as he didn't think anyone was at the table with him.

"She's right, Jong." Sehun adds, handing him a drink.

"I'm not sulking." Jongin denies, frowning at the Oh siblings, who roll their eyes at the groom,

"Speaking of, Heeyoung and you, h-" Sehun is cut off as Jongdae appears behind Sera,

"Yiming asked me, to ask you, to meet her in the powder room." Jongdae says, not even waiting for Sera's answer as he walks to the dance floor.

"Chanyeol, let me dance with my new sister." Jongdae yells. Chanyeol backs off, heading back to his table.

"Hi." Heeyoung greets,

Jongdae rolls his eyes at the lady, "Sister-in-law, we're family. You can be informal with me."

"Okay." She smiles, "You have a beautiful voice."

"Thank you." He nods, glancing over at his brother, who seems to be heading outside, before looking at her, "When I first heard about the alliance, I was quite worried about my brother's future, but watching the two of you, I think it'll be alright."

"Thank you?" She says, confused at his words,

"I am younger than Jongin-" Jongdae starts,

"Only by 3 minutes." Heeyoung reminds,

"Only by 3 minutes, but I know my brother will treat you with nothing but respect. I know the two of you aren't in love, but I hope with time you'll learn to depend and care for each other and maybe, hopefully, fall in love." Jongdae says.

"Understood." Heeyoung nods.

~

After dancing with Jongdae, Heeyoung finds herself dancing with a few other relatives. Most of them are friendly, however one of Jongin's cousins gives her shivers. The male kept glancing at her chest and with each passing moment, his hand would lower down her back. Had Chanyeol not stepped in, the other would have left with a broken arm and a kick in the balls.

"Channie Oppa, I'm fine. Forget about it and lighten up. If someone sees you upset, they'll start asking questions." She tells him. Heeyoung glances at the entrance, pausing at the sight of Jongin walking back into the room, but his father appears behind him and pulls him back out the door. She can't muse over it much as Chanyeol is leading her towards a table with Baekhyun and Junmyeon.

"Junmyeon, Oppa." Heeyoung beams, the former used to her behavior,.

"Hello."

"Will you dance with me?" Heeyoung asks, pleading eyes set on the dentist.

"I'm not really good at-"

"That's fine. I am, so we'll be fine." Heeyoung quickly says, pulling Junmyeon to the floor.

As the two disappear, Baekhyun turns to an upset Chanyeol, "What's with the face?"

"That as*hole." Chanyeol says, nudging his head in a certain direction,

"Go Minsup?" Baekhyun frowns, watching the male at the bar. "What about him?"

"Just... Keep an eye on him and don't let him close to Heeyoung." Chanyeol states.

~

The dance floor clears out as the buffet is set up for dinner.

Heeyoung is seated at a table with a group of unfamiliar women. Sera introduces them before they start eating. The petite raven-haired is Min Aejung, Kyungsoo's girlfriend, beside her is Doh Hyeri, Kyungsoo's older sister and Minseok's girlfriend. The one with blonde highlights is Son Seungwan, Jongdae's girlfriend and the last one is Zhang Yiming, Yixing's younger sister.

Unlike what Heeyoung feared about them disliking her, the women warmly welcome her. They've even exchanged numbers and made plans to hang out by the time they're done with dinner. 

"Where's Jihyun?" Baekhyun asks, appearing behind Seungwan,

"Something urgent came up, so she left." Aejung informs him.

~

As the DJ blasts pop music, Sera and Yiming pull their friends to the middle of the dance floor, along with their parents. Sometime after, when Heeyoung glances away, she sees Jongin seated at the bar, taking shots with Sehun beside him.

Suddenly, the music switches to a slow, romantic song and the couples break off. Sera and Heeyoung share a mischievous smirk, wrapping their arms around each other.

"This is not the time or place for questions, but don't think you're off." Sera warns her, Heeyoung nods along.

"I know and I'll tell you everything. However, you're not getting away either." Hope states. Sera can only sigh as they both have explaining to do.

~

"Make way for the groom!!" Sehun yells, dragging a reluctant Jongin to the dance floor as the DJ plays a popular girl group song.

"Sehun." Jongin tries to protest, but the music is turned up and Jongin gets shoved into the circle. He would have tripped, had it not been for his wife, holding onto him firmly.

"Sorry." He attempts to move back, but he's once again shoved into Heeyoung. It doesn't take a genius to understand their friend's ploy.

Jongin dances for a few more minutes, before sliding out the crowd. Heeyoung watches him sneak out and follows after him. 


Getting to their room, she finds the door slightly opened and makes sure to shut it behind her. She finds Jongin's clothes tossed around the room, while the shower turns on in. She picks up the clothes, carefully putting them away and heading to the kitchen.

Jongin walks out of the bathroom, to the sight of his wife tiptoeing as she tries to reach at something on the top shelf. He quietly stands behind her, reaching over her head and getting the tiny bottle.

"It's for you." She tells him, stepping away from him. She hands him a water bottle as he pops a pill into his mouth.

"Thank you." He says, following her back to the bedroom.

"Is everything okay with father-in-law?" She asks, recalling his father dragging him away.

"What?" He snarls, but his wife doesn't notice as she's taking her jewelry off.

"I saw you leave with him." She answers, setting her earrings in their box.

"You." Jongin starts, as he comes to stand behind her. "You're observant, aren't you?" He asks, helping her remove her necklace,

"Pardon?"

"You." He turns her around to face him.

"CEO Kim, are you okay?" She asks, as he wraps his arm around her waist,

"Why are you trying to get into my business?" He asks, pushing her to walk backwards.

"Are you ser-" She's cut off as Jongin pushes them to fall on the bed together.

"Do you mind?" He asks, glancing between her eyes and lips, the lady gulps visibly staring at his lips and shaking her head. Jongin doesn't waste another second to crash their lips together, roughly. As they explore each other's mouths, their hands explore each other's bodies. His bathrobe doesn't leave much hidden. The couple is too busy playing tonsil tennis, to hear the front door open until a loud yell has them pull apart with a loud smack. 

Heeyoung scrambles off the bed and into the bathroom, leaving Jongin with Baekhyun, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Sehun and Sera.

"That was something I didn't need to see." Baekhyun starts as Jongdae and Sehun cackle at an embarrassed Jongin.

"How did you guys even get in?" Jongin asks them,

Sehun proudly holds up the room key. Jongin has never wanted to hurt Sehun more than he does at this moment.

"We came to inform you to get ready. You're boarding in less than 2 hours and your driver is here." Jongdae tells him, plopping next to his brother. Jongin holds the blanket to his chest, pointedly staring at Sera.

She scoffs at him, "Hope, I'm coming in." Sera yells, slipping into the bathroom.

Jongin gets off the bed hearing the lock click before slipping into a pair of jeans and his university hoodie.

Baekhyun is still grimacing when Heeyoung and Sera walk out of the bathroom. The bride's outfit matches her husband's as she's also wearing jeans and a MIT hoodie.

"Don't you understand privacy?" Heeyoung asks Sehun. The lawyer gives her a meek smile, before hurrying after his friends, leaving Sera and Heeyoung to follow them to the lobby.

They find the rest of Jongin's friends gathered in the lobby, cackling once they see Jongin and Heeyoung. The newlyweds glare at the friends, but there's no heat to it, since they're clearly outnumbered.

The couple is sent off with a short, but sweet farewell.

The car is silent as the couple plug in their headphones and ignore each other. At the airport, the driver hands them their tickets and passports. Looking at the tickets, the two realize they're heading to Fiji. However, there's no excitement since they have vacationed there before.

They're waiting in the baggage line when Heeyoung gets a call from Seungwan.

"I was told to not inform you, but father-in-law is at the hospital." Seungwan starts, "I wanted to let you know, so you're not blindsided on return. I'm sorry for sending you off with sad news, but keep Jong distracted, please." She hangs up.

Heeyoung contemplates her decision when her husband steps up to the counter with their tickets.