Seoul

Trust, Let's Trust.

"Husband, what's this?" Heeyoung waddles to her husband typing away on his laptop. 

"What?" Jongin asks, eyes focused on the screen, rather than the gift box in his wife's hand.

"This." Glancing at the box, Jongin softly smiles.

He helps Heeyoung get comfortable next to him and opens the box,

Heeyoung pulls out a necklace, "Kim Jongmi?"

"We can have her birth date engraved after she's born." Jongin grins, smile slipping off his face when he notices Heeyoung's expression,

"And if it's a boy?" Heeyoung asks,

"I'm sure it's a girl." Jongin defends.

"It's a boy." Heeyoung argues.

"If it's a boy, I'll get him a bracelet. But my fatherly instinct tell me it's a girl." Jongin tries to pacify his wife.

"I'm the one carrying the baby and my maternal instincts suggest a boy." She huffs,

"I guess we'll know when the baby is here." Jongin retorts, putting the necklace back into the box.

"I'm going out." Heeyoung declares, jumping getting on her feet. (More like stumbles.)

"Where?" Jongin steadies her and watches her grab her phone and keys.

"To get something for my son." Heeyoung cups her stomach and heads to the door, mumbling to her bump. Jongin chuckles, quickly following after her.


"What's Detroit 2003?" Sehun questions Hyungsik.

Hyungsik visibly gulps, smoothly driving through the traffic, "Code for Kidnap. In 2003, the eight were kidnaped from Detroit."

"Kidnap? Does that mean Jayden..." Junmyeon stutters,

"I'm not sure. We'll know more once we get there." Hyungsik nods, speeding through traffic.


"Results are in."  Bomi walks into the room with a folder, "The samples belong to Jaemin and Hope."  She confirms, shaking her head at Jongin.

"We haven't gotten anything else?" Haejin asks his younger brother,

Hyungsik shakes his head, "I have people searching, but there's no news."

"They can't just disappear." Hana shouts,

"It's been over four days, and we don't have a single clue. Does that make sense?" Taehyung slams a folder on the table,

"They can't just disappear." Hana blinks back her tears, trying not to breakdown.


"You don't deserve my granddaughter." The elder doesn't bother with greetings,

"Sir." Jongin swallows,

"Heeyoung. As her husband, don't you feel, you've failed in your duty to protect her. What kind of man is unable to look after his family?" The elder harshly scolds,

Jongin is stunned, speechless,

"Forget my granddaughter. Whatever relation you've shared with her is over. Don't worry, our family will confiscate you adequately." The older man huffs as he stands from his seat. 

"I love Heeyoung. I love her more than anything in this world." Jongin blurts as the elder passes him,

"Love?" The elder scoffs, "Your love couldn't keep her safe, could it?"

"Please, at least tell me how she's doing?" Jongin pleads,

The elder exits the room without another word. His assistant pauses, back to Jongin, "Young Miss Park is alive. That's all I can tell you."


The ringing of a phone brings him back to the present.

"H-hyung," Jongin sniffs, trying to blink his tears away,

"I'll be there soon." Minseok hangs up.

10 minutes later, the front beeps indicating someone entering the code followed by a loud noise,

"Pizza or chicken? I'm thinking pizza and we can have a chicken pizza, but I also want fried chicken, so I'm confused."

"What are you doing here?" Jongin asks, glancing at the tall male walking into his house.

"My wife abandoned me. Something about wanting to spend quantity time with her daughter." Sehun rolls his eyes, heading to the kitchen and making himself at home.

Within in an hour, his friends manage to find themselves at his apartment using different excuses.


"How long have I been working at BE?" Hope asks, eyes on her IPad.

Her friends share an unsure look, "It's been a few years." Taehyung answers,

Hope pauses at his words, nodding once and going back to her IPad.

"Do you have any other questions?" Haechan asks her,

"Not to sound presumptuous, but was I the reason for you lot shifting to Seoul?" Hope asks,

Her friends burst into laughter, "Anything for Young Miss Park." Hope narrows her eyes at Hana,

"Eddy was going to move back sooner or later." Hana answers.

"I seem to recall we planned on building a residence in the city." Hope says,

"We did. I can bring you to Okto tomorrow." Taehyung nods.

"I'll add it to my calendar." Hope states, "Pick me up from BE."

"Are you okay to start this soon?" Bomi worries going back to BE might trigger Hope.

"I've been absent for months. I don't plan on giving Byun Namjin and his pawns a chance to berate me." Hope nods to herself. 

"Hope."

"Yoon Jaeho has given me the green light." She assures Bomi.


"Oppa?" Hope greets Haechan, joining him for breakfast.

"I'll be escorting you to work this morning." Haechan tells her,

"I'll be fine." Hope sighs,

Baekhyun will meet us in the lobby." Haechan ignores her,

Hope huffs, knowing he isn't going to relent.

~

"Speaking of Baekhyun, I've heard the two of us were close?" Hope asks, turning to Haechan in the driver seat.

Haechan nods, "Why wouldn't you be? He is your elder brother."

"Half." Hope mumbles under her breathe,

"Regardless of your personal conflict, treat him with the respect he deserves as the Vice President." Haechan warns her,

Hope gasps, clutching her chest, "Oh, ye of little faith."

Haechan shakes his head, pulling to a stop in front of the BE headquarters.

The smile slips of Hope's face as she steps out of the car with Baekhyun's help.

"VP Byun." Heeyoung greets him.

"Heeyoung." Baekhyun gives her a small smile, leading her through the crowded lobby.


"Manager Park, your appointment is here." The intercom sounds, "They're being led to conference room 4B."

Hope glances at her watch, "Let's leave in 3 minutes."

~

"Manager Park." Hope greets the representatives, pausing at the sight of the tanned male seated at the head of the table.

"CEO Kim." Hope winces feeling a slight pain in her head, but quickly shakes it off as everyone sits down.

~

"Do you have time for lunch?" Jongin hurries to Heeyoung's side as soon as the meeting ends. The other employees subtly look away, used to their affectionate CEO.

Heeyoung turns to her assistant, "Your next appointment is at 3."

"How long do you have?" Heeyoung glances at his assistant,

"Meeting at JH Tech at 2."

"I'll meet you there." Jongin says and leads Heeyoung to the elevators.

"How have you been?" Jongin asks, wrapping an arm around her waist as soon as the elevator doors close.

"Busy." Hope leans against him, "You?"

"Smae, though it's expected, considering I've been on vacation for the past week." Jongin groans, pinching the spot between his eyebrows.

"Is ther-" The elevator stops. Hope tenses and steps away from Jongin, his arm falling to his side.

"We're still at work." She mumbles.


"Hope and Jongin went to lunch after their meeting." Hana happily informs her husband, Bomi and Haechan.

"They did seem to get along at the wedding." Bomi nods, glancing over the menu,

"They did." Hana nods, as Eddy signals for the waiter.

"How's Jaemin doing?" Bomi asks,

"Grandpa is keeping him busy." Hana sighs,

"When do you think he'll return?"

"I"m not sure. Last I heard, Lito has him going on blind dates." Hana trails off.


At late evening, Hope chooses to surprise Jongin at his office. On the CEO's floor, the secretaries station is empty but a loud crash has her frowning and hurrying towards Jongin's office. Loud yells echo through the empty floor, drowning out Hope's footsteps. She peeks through the slightly parted doors and freezes at the sight of two people hugging in the middle of the office. There's papers scattered and a smashed phone set on the floor along with a broken picture frame on the floor. Hope is about to storm into the office, when Jongin pushes the lady clinging to him.

"Don't touch me." Jongin sneers,

The lady reaches to hold his arm but Jongin shifts resulting in the lady losing balance and falling to the floor.

"How many times do I have to warn you to leave me alone. I have never given you any indication of being interested, nor will I ever be. Get it through your delusional brain. This is your last warning." Jongin scowls,

"I love you oppa. I love you more than that bit*h Heeyoung ever could. Why can't you understand my feelings?" The girl screams, hurrying to her feet and trying to grab his arm, but Jongin's glare has her pausing,

"Not a single word against Heeyoung, or so help me, Byun Baekhee." Jongin scolds, causing Baekhee to visibly pale. 

"I'm better than her, Oppa. I genuinely love you and have been loving you since we were young. I've never so much as looked at anyone else, unlike that sl-. She's always surrounded by other men, doing who knows what." Baekhee sneers, "This isn't fair, Oppa. If she loved you, where the fu*k is she? Who knows if she ran away with Kim Jaemin or found someone else."

Hope decides to make her presence known, "I didn't know you had company?"

Baekhee freezes at the cold tone.

Using Jongin's momentary shock, Baekhee grabs his arm "I'm here to surprise my boyfriend." She smirks,

"Funny, I had the same idea." Hope smiles, walking to Jongin's desk. Her eyes widen at the pictures on the table, but she ignores them and presses a button close to the desktop.

"There's an unwanted guest. Have her escorted out." Hope commands. That snaps Jongin out of his daze and he's quick to extract himself from Baekhee's hold.

"How dare you?" Baekhee stomps over and slams her palms on the desk.

"Byun Baekhee, have you no shame?" Hope bluntly states,

Baekhee scoffs, "I'm not going to be lectured by a thief and a wh*re."

"Byun Baekhee." Jongin shouts, scaring the former.

Hope doesn't appear to be affected, simply titling her head to carefully look over the lady in front of her, "Do you really want to wager on who's the thief between the two of us?"

"Jongin is supposed to be mine. I loved him before you even knew him." Baekhee screeches,

"Jongin isn't an object and just because you love him, doesn't mean he has to care about your feelings." Hope states,

"You bi-" Baekhee swings her hand, but Jongin is quick to pull her away.

"Don't you ever think about hurting her again." Jongin warns, as two bodyguards hurry into the office. Jongin's warning has Baekhee in a daze, allowing the bodyguards to drag her away.

Jongin turns to Heeyoung staring at the pictures lining his desk. Among the frames, there's a family pictures of the Kim family, another with the couple and Jayden, one with their friends and several candid shots of the couple.

"Why-" Heeyoung winces, at the sharp pain in her head. Jongin tries to steady her, but she pushes his away.

"Don't follow me." Hope warns, storming out of his office.


"Cut." The director calls and the models head back to their dressing tents,

"Taehyung." Taehyung notices his assistant look a little pale, but she brushes him off and tries to warn him about the danger in his tent,

"Just send me a text about my schedule and take the rest of the day off. Come back once you're feeling well." Taehyung tells her and hurries inside.

The icy atmosphere has him on alert and his eyes land on the stoic figure on the sofa.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung nervously looks around the tent,

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hope looks into his eyes,

Taehyung deeply sighs, "What exactly, Hope. You've lost close to a decade of memories and in those years, you've gone through a lot."

"Jongin. My relationship with Jongin and Byun Baekhee claiming him as hers?" Hope sighs as Taehyung takes a seat next to her.

"You have to understand your condition Hope. We can't tell you anything without a risk of hurting you. Do you think, Jongin finds it fun to keep your relationship hidden? Or that we're happy to have secrets from you? Hope, we're trying to protect you." Taehyung tries to explain,

"I." Hope sniffles,

"I know. I'm sorry there's nothing I can do about it." Taehyung pulls her for a side hug,

"I hate this, Tae. I hate not remembering. I hate Seoul. I hate these Deja Vu moments." She sobs,

Taehyung can only comfort her,

"I want to remember now. I want my memories back." She cries, recalling the incident at Jongin's office and trying to force herself to remember. However, all she gets is a sharp pain and her vision darkens as she faints in Taehyung's arms.


Sparing one last glance at his resting best friend, Taehyung shuts the bedroom door quietly and heads to the balcony attached to his room.

He dials a number and waits for the call to connect,

"How is she?" Jongin's worried voice sounds through the speaker,

"She fainted and I"

"Fainted, what happened? How is she right now?" Jongin panics,

"She's fine. She was trying to remember and." Taehyung trails off,

"I'm thinking of bringing her away from Seoul. It's overwhelming her." Taehyung tells him,

"I agree. Where are you thinking? I'll make arrangements." Jongin quickly says,

"Jongin." Taehyung tiredly sighs,

"That's my wife, Taehyung. I won't let her disappear again." Jongin pleads,

"I understand how you're feeling, Jongin. But have you considered Hope?" Taehyung asks,

"Of course, I am. Heeyoung's wellbeing is my first priority." Jongin replies,

"Then, you should know, seeing you will only agitate her. Give her time and space. She'll be back after she's calm." Taehyung says.

"Tae-"

"I'm sorry. We both know, this is the best decision for Hope." Taehyung hangs up, not giving Jongin a chance to respond.


are you feeling better? ~ Jongin Kim

please give me a chance to explain? ~ Jongin Kim

I'm sorry for hiding the truth from you. ~ Jongin Kim

I miss you. ~ Jongin Kim

i'm fine. ~ Heeyoung

i'll contact you, once i'm ready to talk. ~ Heeyoung.

as you wish, sweetheart. I'll be waiting. ~ Jongin Kim.

He's re-reading the messages when his assistant walks in, "Mr.Kim's private plane took off 20 minutes ago. Destination, unknown."

"Keep searching." Jongin watches Assistant Lee leave before turning his attention to the documents on his desk.