Truce?

Trust, Let's Trust.

The morning after the engagement, Jongin wakes up disoriented due to the unfamiliar environment. He hurries through his morning routine, making sure to leave a note on the wall across the guest room before he heads out.

I'm heading to the gym. ~ Jongin.

Another reason for choosing this specific complex was due to the facilities available for the residents, such as the different sport courts, full-equipped gym, spas and others that he's not really interested in.

gym? ~ JongIn 5:01am.

no. sleeping in. ~  Sehun 5:01am

He spends close to an hour in the gym, giving him enough to go through his morning routine leisurely. He might be the CEO, but he makes sure to show up to work at a decent time to motivate the other employees.

Walking past, he sees his note still attached where he left it and takes it back with him. However, when he enters his closet, he finds Heeyoung's side empty. He shakes his head before heading for the bathroom.

When he gets to the kitchen, he's surprised to see breakfast has already been prepared for him.

Juice in the fridge. ~ H.Y.P

Even though he's surprised, he happily eats the food and decides to stop by her workplace to take her out for lunch and try to clear up the misunderstandings from last night.


Going over his schedule, Jongin notices a meeting at Byun HQ around lunch time and he's sure it's planned by his parents as his schedule is clear after that.

"Ten minutes before we leave for Byun HQ." Jongin calls his secretary.

 "Sir, Mrs.Kim would like for you to give her a call." His secretary says before hanging up.


"Jongin." His mother chirps as soon as she picks up.

"Mom." He greets.

"How are the two of you doing?" She asks,

"We're doing fine." Choi Inhee can't find out the truth or he'll be a dead man.

"Kim Jongin, what are you hiding?" His mother asks, tone serious,

"Mom, I love you. Let's talk later. I have a meeting to get to." He quickly hangs up, internally breathing a sigh of relief.


"Here for the meeting, brother-in-law." Baekhyun teases. He's leaning against his car, while Jongin is exiting his.

"Yeah. Where are you headed?" Jongin asks,

"Jihyun and I are meeting for lunch before her flight." He says, missing the tensing of Jongin's jaw as he scrolls through his messages.

"I'll see you later." Jongin starts to walk off,

"Heeyoung is on the 23rd floor, last cabin to the right." Beakhyun yells after him. 


After the meeting, Jongin heads to the accounting department. Since it's lunchtime, there's not many people wandering around, so he doesn't draw much attention. Getting to the last cabin, he thinks he's made a mistake as the label reads Manager Park, but sneaking a peek into the room reveals his fiancee with her head buried in files.

Knocking, he enters but her response is "Hand me those files." She instructs, pointing to the stack on the filing cabinet.

Jongin sets the files on the table, though she doesn't look up once to acknowledge his presence. The male takes a seat on the single couch before looking around her work space. He's confused as to why she has a different name and a much lower position compared to her heiress title. Her office doesn't reveal anything as it's quite blank.

Another knock sounds and a young lady pokes her head into the office, "Kang wants the books from the last 5 years."

"Have Manager Seo do it." Heeyoung instructs, without looking up from her papers.

"He's on lunch break. CEO Kim of KJC requested those files." Heeyoung's assistant, Yongsun sighs. The two ladies oblivious to the male seated on the couch.

Heeyoung scoffs, looking at her assistant, "Are you going to let us access their files?"

"If that's what you'll like, I'll send them over." Jongin speaks up, shocking the two women, though Yongsun is the only one to have a visible reaction while his fiancee gives him a blank look.

"Why are you here?" She asks, surprising him with her straightforward tone,

"T-the books." He clears his throat.

Heeyoung nods, pushing her chair back and heading for the door. 

"Would you lik-" She's already walked away before Jongin can offer help,

"Would you like anything to drink?" Yongsun politely asks,


Heeyoung internally grumbles all the way to the archives. Her day started off with a mild panic attack due to the unfamiliar room. Thankfully, she managed to move her belongings out of Jongin's room while he was at the gym. The breakfast was a simple offering for a truce since she didn't want to return to a hostile environment.

Afterwards, her car decided to not cooperate with her, and she feared having to ask Jongin for a ride to work, but chose to go for an uber.

"Heeyoung Park?" A familiar voice calls, surprise evident and she turns to see the co-worker she meet just yesterday.

"Minhyuk-ssi."

"I'm surprised to see you." He chuckles, looking over her car.

"How about I give you a ride since we're headed in the same direction.

"If it's no trouble." Heeyoung accepts, "However, you have to let me pay you back, now that I owe you for two favors."

"Repay by agreeing to be my lunch date. I mean let me use you as an alibi to avoid others." He says, holding the door open for her.

"Sure." She agrees,

The two spend the car ride talking about the latest deal between BE and KJC as all the employees are anticipating the changes.

Fast forward to now, she's running errands for her so-called 'fiance'.

"You look like you need some help." She hears a familiar voice, before a huge load gets lifted off her hands, to see Minhyuk carrying more than half the boxes.

"Thank you." She sighs, relieved.

"This for KJC? Heard the CEO is here." He says,

"Yup." She says,

"What do you want for lunch?" He asks,

"I would die for some pasta right now." She answers, opening the door for him,

Heeyoung fumes at the sight of Jongin behind her desk with a frame in his hands.

"CEO Kim, I would appreciate it if you valued other people's privacy." She scolds, snatching the frame away.

Jongin doesn't get a chance to apologize, before Minhyuk intervenes fearing her upsetting the CEO,

"I'll be more than glad to help you carry these down. However, was there anything else we could help you with?" Minhyuk asks, nervously glancing between Heeyoung and Jongin.

"It's fine. I would ap-" Jongin pauses as a woman barges in. The lady sneers at Heeyoung, putting on a bright smile for Jongin.

"CEO Kim, it's an honor to meet you. I'm Supervisor Kang. I hope my juniors helped you well. Is there anything I can do for you?" Jongin is uncomfortable with the advance, looking at his fiancee it's seems as if she doesn't care.

"I'm fine. Your juniors were just about to help me with the boxes." Jongin makes sure to keep his professional face when talking to the lady.

"Oh, I'm glad, Nam Minhyuk and Park Heeyoung are some of our best employees." Kang smiles at Jongin, while her juniors share a disbelieving look as the lady is overly critical of them. Kang sends Jongin a flirty smile, sending her underlings a scolding look before leaving the office. 

The BE employees carry the boxes, leaving Jongin silently following after them.

The elevator ride is somewhat awkward for Jongin as Minhyuk and Heeyoung unintentionally alienate him from their quiet conversation. Minhyuk's voice gets to him but Heeyoung speaks in a soft tone, so Jongin doesn't hear her responses. He wouldn't call the tingling feeling he feels jealousy, but rather uncomfortable seeing his fiancee freely talking with another male.


"Minhyuk, lunch?" Someone calls out the assistant manager as they get to the lobby.

"I already have a date." Minhyuk replies, pointing at Heeyoung.

Jongin frowns, seeing Heeyoung nod at the group to confirm. He's not sure how he feels but he also doesn't want to make a premature assumption about the two.

"Why don't I take the two of you for lunch as a show for thanks?" Jongin asks them. Heeyoung wants to reject the offer, but Minhyuk gladly accepts, going as far helping her into the passenger seat while he takes the backseat.


"What are you getting?" Jongin looks at the two seated across him, with their heads together as they share one menu. Heeyoung scoots her chair a little further away, noticing the close distance between the two. The CEO isn't sure why but he feels relieved at her action.

After ordering, Heeyoung excuses herself to the restroom, leaving Minhyuk and Jongin alone.

"Ms. Park and you seem close." Jongin starts, subtly observing Minhyuk,

"I won't call us close, though we've been in the same department for over a year, we've just recently gotten to know each other." Minhyuk says,

"Is that all?" Jongin asks,

"I'm not even sure we can call each other friends." Minhyuk says,

Jongin wants to ask more, but seeing Heeyoung, he keeps the questions to himself.

"Congrats on the engagement." The statement surprises the engaged couple, while Heeyoung momentarily pauses before taking her seat.

Jongin frowns at her lackluster reaction,

"Thank you." Jongin smiles, while Heeyoung mumbles a soft 'congratulations' to the CEO.

The conversation trails off with the appearance of the food as the trio choose to fill their stomachs, first.

Jongin offers to drop them back to work, but they politely decline.


The CEO is busy looking over some files when he hears loud noises headed towards his office. He can only groan, knowing he's going to be unable to get anything done with his friends forcing him out of office.

"Why are you guys here?" He glares at the men, pushing their way into his office and making themselves comfortable.

"We're here to pick you up." Junmyeon answers,

"We want to meet Heeyoung, since we didn't get a chance last night." Jongdae adds, carelessly laying on the couch and propping his feet on Jongin's precious coffee table.

Jongin tries his best to overlook his brother's attempt to get a reaction from him by slamming his reports shut loudly.

"Fine. Let's go." Jongin snarls, ignoring the others fighting over what they should get for dinner. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo pat his shoulder in sympathy as they follow after their rowdy friends.

His mood that seems to have slightly picked up on the car ride, drops seeing his fiancee exit an unfamiliar car with a bright smile with another familiar face exit the driver's seat. The anger increases seeing the two head towards the stairs together and he assumes the worst about them using his apartment for their escapades.

His friends don't help the situation as they turn to ask Baekhyun overly suggestive questions about the nature between the man following Heeyoung up the stairs.

Jongin calmly shuts the car door, heading up the stairs with his friends quickly following behind, however, to their utter surprise they see Minhyuk entering the unit across Jongin's.

"What's going on?"


After work, Minhyuk insists on giving Heeyoung a ride, considering they're returning back to the same place.

On the way, Minhyuk makes a stop at a pet cafe as he's always stops by after work. After a light dinner they stretched for an hour, Heeyoung reluctantly bids the puppies good bye, promising to return soon. Minhyuk is surprised to see his usually aloof colleague start chatting with him as if he were a friend. The connection between the two grows as they realize they both grew up in the States, which is why they both feel uncomfortable using formal tone. 

"I'm assuming you're also in Building D." Minhyuk asks, pulling past the gates

"Unit 8." She nods,

"We're right across from you. When did you move in?"  Minhyuk asks,

"Just recently." She answers vaguely, not wanting to reveal her relationship to Jongin so soon.

Exiting the car, they don't notice the eyes on them as they chat on their way up the stairs.

"Do you prefer Tea or coffee?" She asks,

"Tea if you have it."

"I'll leave the door open for you." She lets him know, making sure to keep the door open, while Minhyuk walks into his house.


"Is this a fu*king coincidence or an elaborate scheme?" Jongin fumes, looking between his apartment and Minhyuk's.

"What?" Sehun asks, but Jongin shakes his head, walking to his apartment. He scoffs, seeing Heeyoung use her shoe as a door holder.

Heeyoung isn't in sight when the men enter and start setting up the food in the living room.

Jongin's friends are warily glancing over Jongin, who seems to be mentally contemplating the relationship between his fiancee and her co-worker.

The group is snapped out of their thoughts, hearing the main door open before footsteps enter the room. They watch Minhyuk walk in with a laptop and files, overlooking the living room, in favor of setting up on the dining table.

"Heeyoung, It's me. I'm setting up on the table." Minhyuk yells,

"That's fine. I'll be there soon. The tea bags on the counter, help yourself." Heeyoung yells back from her room. Surprising the men in the living room as this is the first time they've heard her yell.

Minhyuk heads to the kitchen to get started on the tea and when he returns, he's shocked seeing a group of male watching him and through the shock he recognizes not only a director of his company but also the KJC CEO, the person he met just that day. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Heeyoung apologizes, returning after changing into her house clothes, along with a stack of files and her laptop.

"Minhyuk?" She asks, seeing her stunned co-worker, staring off into her living room. She follows his gaze, only to be startled at the scene.

"When did you guys get here?" She asks, scanning over the men, before ending up looking at Chanyeol for answers.

"You are...?" Chanyeol asks, looking over Minhyuk,

"Hello, Nam Minhyuk. I'm her co-worker and neighbor." The male introduces,

"We have to finish up some work, we can move elsewhere?" Heeyoung carefully asks, glancing over at her fiance since it is his apartment.

"No need." Jongin blurts,

"We're going to be here. The two of you can work freely at the dining table without any problems." Sehun steps in.

Heeyoung nods, nudging Minhyuk towards the dining table, while her fiance continues glaring at her.

Before his friends can stop him, Jongin is moving towards his fiancee and grabbing her arm and dragging her away.