Introduction

Trust, Let's Trust.

"What is wrong with you?" Heeyoung scolds, as the pantry door shuts close behind her,

"What's he doing here?" Jongin grits as Heeyoung struggles to free her arm from his grip,

"Did I ask why your friends are here?" She retorts, yanking her arm away. 

Jongin stares at her, waiting for an answer.

"We're having problems with work, so we're helping each other." She replies, not wanting another argument.

"I don't like strangers entering my house." He responds, stepping closer to her.

"He's our neighbor and my co-worker." She spits, attempting to push past him,

"When we leave, we're going to kiss to show him we're in a happy relationship. Understand." Jongin states,

"Just. Don't overdo it." She warns, heading out the pantry with Jongin following after her.

"Babe." He calls, causing Heeyoung to fake a smile,

"I'm sorry." Jongin says, stepping behind her and hugging her.

His friends are confused, though also amused as they've never seen Jongin act like this before.

"It's fine." She smiles, patting the arms around her waist.

"I'll be sure to let you know before I drop by again." Jongin sweetly says, loudly smacking a kiss on her cheek. Heeyoung turns to face him with the smile falling off her face,

"Fiance dear, next time just don't come. We promised to keep our business lives separate." She deadpans, whispering the last bit only for him to hear, before slipping past him.

"What was that?" Sehun whispers to Jongin,

"Later." Jongin brushes him off, but Sehun gives him a stern look. After all, if anyone knows Jongin best after Jongdae, it's Oh Sehun. The two have been inseparable since the day they met. They thought with Sehun going abroad for university their friendship would be affected but they were proven wrong as their friendship only got stronger. Sehun was the first to know about Jongin's feelings for Jihyun. In fact, even though Sehun was reluctant about Jongin and Jihyun, he advised him to the best of his abilities. Sehun knows Jongin's reasons behind the wedding but he's a romantic, so he hopes the two are one of the few couples who find love in each other from this arrangement.


The pair on the dining table work through their stack of files in relative silence, while the group of men try their best to keep quiet, but can't help getting louder over time. However, someone seems to be uninterested in his friends, choosing to keep a watch on the pair at the dining table.

His friends spare him some mercy by letting him zone out of the conversation.

"Heeyoung," Baekhyun calls, "Have you had dinner?"

"Yeah, we have." She answers, not bothering to look away from her work.

"If either of you get hungry, there's food." Baekhyun informs them.

"Do they have to sit so close?" Jongdae's mocking voice reaches Jongin, causing the elder to glare at his younger twin.

"What? You're thinking it." Jongdae smugly states, the older can't even negate it as he was thinking about it.

After Heeyoung and Minhyuk complete their work, the two are pulled to join the others to watch a movie. Heeyoung is pushed into the tight space between Chanyeol and Jongin.

They're not even half-way into the movie when Jongin feels a weight on his shoulder to see his fiancee dozing off.


CEO Kim. Heeyoung had somehow managed to fall asleep on her fiance's chest, his arm wrapped around her shoulder and their legs tangled together. Even if she doesn't want to, she admits her fiance is extremely handsome. His best feature has to be his smile, the smile she's seeing for the first time. She's suddenly aware of the male's frantic heartbeat, seeing him staring down at her. Meeting his eyes, she forgets about his smile as his eyes give off the feeling of being pulled into a black hole her in. She pulls away from him, thanking everyone since his friends are still sleeping around the room. She mumbles an apology before running into her room.


Jongin smiles walking into his room to see an incoming call from his mother.

"Don't forget about dinner tonight. I've had your outfits sent. Don't be late." His mom informs him, quickly hanging up as she's busy,

After returning from the gym, Jongin isn't surprised seeing his friends still sleeping.

He knocks on Heeyoung's door, "Mom sent someone with outfits for tonight's dinner." he informs her on his way to get ready for the day.

~

Walking back into the living room, Jongin finds his friends waking up. It might have something to do with the delicious aroma wafting from the kitchen.

Jongin finds himself scanning the living room for a certain 'stranger'.

"He left." Sehun rolls his eyes, seeing his best friend smirk at the absence of Unit 6.

"And I care, why?" Jongin asks, making his way to the kitchen to help with breakfast, before his best friend can argue with him.


Heeyoung watches them freely joke and laugh without being wary of Minhyuk. As she's watching the group, she can't help but miss her friends. Because of her own stubbornness, she hasn't seen most of them in a long while.

Seeing Heeyoung dazing off, Kyungsoo nudges her before speaking to his friends, "I think another introduction is required, our first meeting was quite brief."

"I agree. Let's start with the oldest. Minseok hyung doesn't look like it, but he's close to 30." Sehun 'whispers' the last bit,

"You'll be there soon, jerk." Minseok smacks the back of his head.

"I'm your fiance's oldest cousin, the psychologist." Minseok smiles,

"That's why he's always psychoanalyzing our actions." Sehun is hit, once again. Though his whines are ignored as Heeyoung has her eyes set on the person beside Minseok,

"I'm not sure if you remember, I'm-"

"Kim Junmyeon, you have a beautiful smile." Heeyoung beams, Junmyeon reddens as Heeyoung excitedly shakes his hand. Jongin can't help but frown at the enthusiastic reaction.

"If his smile wasn't pretty, he wouldn't be able to make money as a dentist." Sehun comments,

"You're a dentist." Heeyoung perks up, "That must have been difficult." Heeyoung sighs, looking at Junmyeon with twinkling eyes.

"It was but, I enjoy my work, so it was all worth it." Junmyeon replies, while the smile on Heeyoung's face only grows.

"Do you think it's too late to switch the grooms out?" Chanyeol whisper-teases, sharing a look with Sehun. The two look over at Jongin glaring at them before turning his eyes back on Junmyeon and Heeyoung's joined hands.

"Zhang Yixing, owner of ZYX Studios." Minseok interrupts, not wanting to see Jongin blow up on Junmyeon,

"No wonder you looked familiar. I love watching you. I mean your dances, they're amazing." Heeyoung turns her attention to Yixing, though she's reluctant to look away from Junmyeon.

"You know me. I mean, Thank you." Yixing seems genuinely surprised,

"I do. I have several friends in the industry. They have nothing but praises for you. They do complain about you being a little strict, but you need to be, so don't take it to heart." Heeyoung tells him,

"Oh. Is it-"

"You can talk later, we still have half the group left." Sehun interrupts.

"Not really. I'm familiar with my brother and his childhood friend Chanyeol." Heeyoung says, "And I also got to know Kyungsoo while we were preparing breakfast."

"I like this one. After surrounding myself with idiots, I'm glad the beanpole has someone smart with him." Kyungsoo adds,

"You love us." Jongdae states, snuggling close to Kyungsoo.

"I really don't know why." Kyungsoo deadpans, facing Heeyoung, "20 years ago, I made the mistake of offering these idiots some sweets and since then they refuse to leave me alone."

"He always complains, but he loves us the most." Sehun sasses, smacking a kiss on Kyungsoo's head, the shorter looks ready to kill the tall kid.

"I'm your fiance's younger brother by 3 minutes, Kim Jongdae. I'm the co-founder of an interior design firm along with Yixing's younger sister, Yiming. She's currently on a girl's trip with my girlfriend, Seungwan, and Sehun's younger sister, Sera, which is why you haven't met them yet. If you ever need to get your husband on track, just come to me." Jongdae beams at her,

"Like always, the best for the last. I'm Oh Sehun, I might be the youngest, but as you can guess, I'm the most mature of the bunch. (Several snorts and scoffs sound around the group.) I'm currently a senior partner at ZO, so if you ever need any legal help, I'm the one. Welcome to the family, Sister-in-law." Sehun states, pulling Heeyoung for a hug, winking at Jongin over her shoulder.

Seeing the CEO surrounded by his friends and watching him be carefree with them, Heeyoung finds herself admiring the bright Jongin.

"You'll burn a hole through him, if you keep staring at him." Baekhyun teases her. Heeyoung narrows her eyes at him, but from Minseok and Kyungsoo's smile, she knows she wasn't as subtle as she thought.

"Why are you marrying our Jong?" Sehun diverts the topic towards the lone female in the room, seated between her half-brother and Chanyeol.

Heeyoung contemplates between telling them the truth or lying, but seeing how close their bond is, she makes her decision.

"Because of the business alliance." She answers truthfully. The guys are aware of the truth, however, they didn't think Heeyoung would be this blunt with her answer.

"What's with the looks? I'm sure you're also aware of your friend's intentions with this alliance." She states,

"Of course, we know. But what was your first reaction? Were you surprised after finding out you might be getting married to the KJC CEO?" Sehun asks, missing Heeyoung's frown, as she quickly schools her expression.

Baekhyun snorts, recalling her reaction.

"Something to share, Baek." Jongdae asks, looking over the older male,

"As soon as we mentioned marriage, she ran away. I remember her yelling "I don't give a fu*k  about who Kim Jongmin is, I'm not marrying." before walking out. It took months before she agreed to the alliance." Baekhyun tells his friends, ruffling his sister's hair.

Heeyoung gulps at the doting look Baekhyun gives her, finding it difficult to look at him for another moment. The loud noises from the others get their attention as Jongdae and Sehun tease Jongin, till he looks ready to kick them out of his house.

Heeyoung looks at the glaring Jongin, seeing her looking at him, he turns to her, but she quickly looks away.


Heeyoung excuses herself after a while, letting the friends freely talk without her there.

It's a while before she hears noises indicating them leaving, before a knock sounds on her door.

She looks at the door to see Chanyeol poking his head in.

"We're heading out. I just wanted to say bye to you." Chanyeol tells her,

"Oh okay. Take care." She bids, waving at him.

"Don't forget to stop by my cafe."

Okay."


Heeyoung is putting finishing touches to her look when she hears a knock on the door.

"I'm waiting in the living room." Jongin doesn't wait for her to reply, letting her get ready in peace.

Jongin is looking through his work emails, when he hears the click of heels. He looks up for a glance, but freezes at the sight of his fiancee in a long dress complimenting his wine-red blazer. Heeyoung, herself, can't stop appreciating Jongin as the male has dressed up impressively.

Heeyoung is the first to snap to her senses, zooming past Jongin and out the door.

"Cute." Jongin mumbles to himself, before following after her.


Before Jongin has even stopped the car, Heeyoung is already opening her door.

"Heeyoung." Jongin grumbles, quickly exiting the car and hurrying over to his fiancee.

"What?" She asks, ignoring his extended arm, but Jongin smiles, handing his keys to the valet before wrapping an arm around Heeyoung waist and pulling her close to him.

"We have people watching us, don't mess this up." He whispers, kissing her cheek and leading them inside.

Their parents are overjoyed, watching the couple walk in together.

Like a perfect gentleman, Jongin helps sit Heeyoung before taking the seat beside her.

While the elders spend the dinner discussing wedding details, the couple doesn't seem interested much, focusing on the food and occasionally answering questions.

"Heeyoung has her dress ready, right?" Mrs. Kim asks, looking over at her daughter-in-law.

"I have my final fitting next week." She informs them. The minute they turn away the smile on Heeyoung's face momentarily falls before she schools her expression. Jongin is only able to catch it, as he was paying attention to her. He frowns, watching her mindlessly playing around with her food. She's pulled out of her thoughts by her step-mother and Mrs.Kim getting out of their seats.

Heeyoung sips on her wine as the two women exit the room. The minute the door shuts behind them, the father's straighten up.

"About your prenuptial agreement," Mr.Byun looks at Mr.Kim, surprising the couple as they were unaware about the other's thoughts,

"No one in our family has signed one, but this is your marriage." Mr.Kim smiles reassuringly at his son and to-be daughter-in-law.

"Be aware, your mothers are unaware of this and they should remain unaware. And the final agreement has to be signed before the wedding." Mr. Byun states.

"Don't worry, we've arranged a lawyer for you. We do have a few conditions, as you're both aware after this wedding, the two of you will become major shareholders. If you get divorced within the first three years of your marriage, your shares will be taken back."