Scare

Trust, Let's Trust.

"What's going on?" Heeyoung's icy tone sends shivers down everyone's spine, especially the male receiving her glare.

"You must be exhausted. Why don't you freshen up?" Bomi suggests, nudging Heeyoung and Jongin towards their room, but the pregnant lady is focused on her lady seated on her friend's lap. As everyone is paying attention to Heeyoung, Hana manages to catch a brief smirk on Baekhee's face before she schools her expression.

"I can't deal with this right now." Heeyoung mumbles. Leveling her friend with a nasty glare and heading towards her room.

"Hope." Baekhee is unceremoniously shoved on the couch as her boyfriend hurries after his friend.

Jayden pokes his tongue at the shocked Baekhee.

"Jayden Spencer." Seol scolds, "Taehyung." She adds when the older offer his godson a high-five.

Haechan and Bomi try to move past the awkward tension when Baekhee snaps out of her daze and hurries to her feet. "Oppa, why didn't I get an invitation to Fiji?" She exaggeratedly pouts, moving towards Jongin.

Understanding her intentions, Jongin subtly pulls Jayden into his arms. Jayden stifles his laughter, sweetly smiling at the lady glaring at him, "Nobody wanted you there."

"What'd you say?" Baekhee raises an eyebrow,

"Nobo-"

"Get out!" The yell echoes through the apartment, followed by a loud slam.

Moments later, Jaemin Kim returns, massaging his forehead and doing his best to ignore his friends laughter at the bump forming on his head.

Hearing the angry footsteps heading their way, Baekhee discreetly attaches herself to Jaemin, just in time as Heeyoung stomps into the kitchen.

"Why is she mad?" Baekhee questions. Oblivious to the incredulous looks on everyone's face as they're all aware of Heeyoung blatant dislike of Baekhee and vice versa.

Jaemin keeps quiet letting his partner fuss over his wounds, though his eyes remain on the pregnant lady in the kitchen. Finding what she's looking for, Heeyoung slams the freezer door unnecessarily loudly. She tosses the ice pack to Jaemin on her way to sit between Chanyeol and a dozing Yiming.

"When?" Hope asks, pointing between Jaemin and Baekhee.

"A couple of weeks ago, I went to your office, forgetting you weren't there, but ended up running into Baekhee." Jaemin answers.

Heeyoung scowls, turning to Baekhee, "What exactly is your team doing?" Jongin and her had to cut their honeymoon short after information regarding their alliance dissolving were leaked to the media.

"We're working on it." Baekhee meekly mumbles, terrified of Heeyoung's stern glare. 

"When? After your dates?" Heeyoung sneers,

"Hope." Jaemin frowns,

"I'm teasing." Heeyoung chuckles, no one misses the fakeness in her tone.

The awkward tension is broken by Yiming's loud yawn as she slumps against Heeyoung in her sleepy state.

"Why don't you take her home, Sehun?" Heeyoung suggests, but the lawyer tiredly shakes his head.

"She bought a candle recently, but now hates the smell. We've left all the windows open, so hopefully, it'll air out by the time we return." He sighs, coming to sit on the armrest to run his fingers through his wife's hair.

"Do you want to move her to the guest room?" Heeyoung asks, Sehun is about to wake Yiming when Sunmi stops him. 

"She looks comfortable, it might not be best to move her." The doctor says as Chanyeol gives up his spot beside Heeyoung to Jongin.

"Speaking of, One of you fu- freaking stinks and it's bringing on a headache." Heeyoung snaps, burying her nose in Jongin's arm.

"Smell sensitivity is common during pregnancy." Sunmi nods,

"It's Jaemin's stupid cologne." Heeyoung squints her eyes at Jaemin.

"Jaemin leave, you're stinking the place up." Jayden translates for his Hope,

"Jayden." Seol scolds, but the 7-yr old shrugs, climbing into Taehyung's lap.

"We'll be back." Jaemin sighs, heading for the exit with a reluctant Baekhee.

"I'll be back with more food." Jaemin looks at Heeyoung,

"Something spicy, please," Heeyoung asks, but Jongin gives her a disapproving look.

"Whopper wants something spicy." Heeyoung pouts at her husband, and Yiming tiredly pats her protruding stomach, "My monster, too."

~

"Ddeokbokki!" Jayden exclaims, pulling the container close.

"That's not for you, Spence." Taehyung stops Jayden from taking a bite of the spicy snack.

"It's very spicy, baby," Heeyoung explains to the sullen boy, glancing at Jaemin pulling out another container from the bag.

"Oh, look at that." Taehyung chimes after Hope takes the container from Jaemin,

"I made sure to put a lot of cheese on it for you," Jaemin tells him, watching Hope open the container for Jayden to see the top smothered in melted cheese. 

Hope feeds Jayden a bite of the cheesy rice cakes, "How is it?"

"Very good." Jayden gives Jaemin a thumbs up. Hope sets the container in front of him while Jaemin hands Jayden a napkin to wipe his mouth and Taehyung passes Jayden a bottle of strawberry milk.

The four remain unaware of the eyes watching them.

"This is really good!" Heeyoung moans, taking a bite of the deliciously spicy snack.

"She's terrifying!" Taehyung softly whispers to Jaemin,

"I know, but smile and pretend like it's not a big deal." Jaemin smiles, watching Hope enjoy his cooking.

"Someone's breath is going to be stinking." Baekhee comments, a look of disgust on her face as she eyes Heeyoung.

"Don't worry, Baekhee, Unlike you, I am into personal hygiene." Heeyoung sweetly smiles, stuffing another bite into .

"You-"

"Why hasn't the PR team handled the articles yet?" Heeyoung effectively shuts Baekhee up for the rest of the night, letting everyone peacefully enjoy their dinner.


"It's been weeks and this is all you have?" Heeyoung questions, throwing the file across the table as she glances over the PR team while Baekhyun and Mr.Byun silently watch on.

"We're looking into it, ma'am." The assistant manager answers, glancing over the PR head who's too busy studying her nails, rather than owning up to her mistakes.

"I've been hearing that for weeks now. I need answers." Heeyoung states.

No one notices the doors at the back of the room slide open as Baekhee scoffs, "Why is a lowly accountant instructing us?" 

"That lowly accountant is the next President of BE and if she chooses, she can have you fired immediately." The color drains off Baekhee's face as the rest of the room hurries to their feet.

"Chairman Byun," Heeyoung groans, "We have a deal."

"Byun Industries is willing to let go of Byun Enterprises." The elder states, 

"Get out!" Heeyoung barks, "Right now." She raises her voice, surprising the employees since she isn't one to lose composure.

Once the room is cleared of everyone but the chairman, his secretary and her, "Are you serious?" Heeyoung asks, shocked.

"It's the least I can do to repay your mother and you." Chairman Byun sighs regretfully.

"You're willing to lose this company?" Heeyoung questions,

Chairman Byun lightly chuckles, "Child, the future of this company depends on your plans. I will not interfere unless you ask me to."

Heeyoung gulps, processing the words while the Chairman signals his secretary to let everyone back inside.

"After the utter failure with KJC, the board has decided to appoint Jungha Choi as Vice President, wh-"

"You can't do this, father." Pres.Byun interrupts,

"I can't?" Chairman Byun quirks an eyebrow at his son,

"What about my brother?" Baekhee grits, "How can yo-"

"Shut up, Baekhee." Heeyoung groans, pinching the bridge of her nose feeling a headache, "We'll promote Baekhyun to President, after Pres.Byun resigns."

Baekhee is ready to argue but a cough from the elder seated at the head of the table shuts her up.


"Byun Industries is letting go of BE," Hope informs the people seated at the round table,

"That's good." Hana nods,

"Are you going ahead with your plan?" Eddy asks,

"After a few adjustments." Hope nods, looking at Eddy "Thanks for containing the news."

"Tracing the IP address leads to Byun Heeyoung's office," Jaemin informs them,

"Even though she's been out of town the past few months," Seol contemplatively nods, 

"Let's talk later, I need to go back to work." Hope yawns, tiredly walking out of the room.

"I'm worried for her." Bomi sighs,

"We all are." Haechan eyes the picture of BE marked with an X on the projection screen.


Heeyoung is pulled out of her thoughts with a familiar knock on her office door and her husband walks in with a box from her favorite bakery.

"We're celebrating Baek's promotion tonight." Jongin chuckles as his wife ignores him to eye the box in his hand.

"Red velvet?"

"With cream cheese frosting." He grins, setting the box down and rounding the desk to hug her.

"I missed you." Heeyoung mumbles,

Jongin takes her seat and pulls her into his lap.

"I missed you too." Jongin kisses her temple, resting a hand on her stomach.

"No more overnight trips. Whopper is cranky without you." Heeyoung complains,

"Okay." Jongin agrees, pressing another kiss on her head, "Whopper, be good to mommy." He playfully scolds the bump.

"What time will you be back?" Heeyoung asks,

"I'm not going, nor is Sehun, and maybe even Kyungsoo."

"Why not? Yiming, Sera, and I can have a sleepover, maybe even invite Seungwan and Taehyung once he's done with his schedule for the night." Heeyoung plans,

"Babe, I doubt Sehun or Jongdae will agree to that." Jongin winces, knowing his friends' dislike for the actor/model.

"I can't handle him anymore." Heeyoung groans, showing her husband the plethora of texts from Sehun, "Yiming had a scare a few days ago, since then he's been paranoid."

"I'll ask him to annoy Junmyeon or Jongdae." Jongin calmly says.

"Not Myeon. He needs his sleep." Heeyoung mumbles. Jongin rolls his eyes but keeps silent, enjoying the moment after a week-long separation since he had to make an emergency work trip.

"Uh-hum!" Someone interrupts, though Jongin only spins the chair around to where Baekhee is watching by the door.

"Oppa." Baekhee tightly smiles, "When did you get back?"

"My flight landed a couple of hours ago." Jongin politely answers, tightening his hold around his wife when he feels her shift,

"You came here directly?" Jongin nods at his wife, causing her to frown,

"Why didn't you go home to rest?" Heeyoung tries to stand, but he refuses to let her go.

"Why go home, when my energizer is right here." Jongin contently sighs, resting his cheek on her head.

"Honey,-" They're startled by the office door slamming shut with no sign of Baekhee.

Heeyoung raises an eyebrow at her sheepishly smiling husband, "I missed you a lot."


Heeyoung groans, feeling her phone vibrate with an incoming call, "Lawyer Oh." She sleepily mumbles, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Yi-yiming, accident-t, I'm at the h.hospital. I don't know what to do." Sehun stutters, his sobs immediately waking Heeyoung.

"We'll be there soon, Hun," Heeyoung tells him, hurriedly climbing out of bed which wakes her husband up.

"What's wrong?" Jongin grumbles, squinting his eyes at the sudden brightness,

"Yiming got into an accident and Sehun needs you." She tosses Jongin a hoodie and sweatpants after changing into a jacket and sweatpants and stuffing clothes into a duffel bag.

"What are you doing?" Jongin asks, pulling on the sweatpants,

"They're for Sehun."


"Sehun." Jongin pants, running over to his best friend frozen in front of the OR doors.

Heeyoung comes to stand beside Sehun, "She's going to be fine, Yiming is strong." Heeyoung assures, pulling the silently weeping male to a bench.

"I didn't hear her leave. Someone rear-ended her car into a pole." Sehun cries, "My wife was dying and I didn't even realize." He breaks down into Jongin's arms.

~

Heeyoung alert as Dr.Yoon Jaeho and a nurse walk out of the sliding door leading to the OR,

"Doc, how is she?" Heeyoung jumps to her feet, the sudden movement making her sway,

"Heeyoung, careful." Jaeho quickly holds her, the action going unnoticed as Jongin is making a phone call.

"How's Yiming?" Heeyoung deflects,

"We're doing our best, but we might have to perform an emergency C-section," Jaeho informs them,

"Do you need me-"

"No." Jaeho cuts her off with a glare, "Pregnant women are ineligible to donate blood."

"Just this once?" Heeyoung tries to coax,

"Heeyoung." Jaeho gives her stern look and turns to Sehun, "Are there any eligible donors within the family?"

"I am." They see an elderly couple running their way,

"Yiming's parents," Heeyoung informs Jaeho,

Mr.Zhang stops before them and Mrs.Zhang stands beside her son-in-law.

"I can donate." The elder male states and the nurse leads him away.

"If there's anyone else, please contact them." Jaeho asks, "There was a major crash, we're momentarily running low on blood." He explains before giving Heeyoung a cautionary once-over and walking back to the OR.

~

"Thanks for calling them. I forgot." Sehun tells Jongin as they watch Heeyoung comfort Mrs.Zhang.

"Heeyoung suggested it, In fact, your parents should be arriving soon," Jongin informs, handing him a coffee can.

"Should I call Jongdae and Seungwan, in case the baby..." Sehun chokes,

"It's your choice, Sehun."

~

Jongdae, Seungwan, Sera and her parents arrive just as a pair of nurses roll an incubator out OR doors. Everyone holds their breath at the sight of the tiny pink lump.

"Congrats on your daughter, Mr.Oh. We're moving her to NICU for further observations, would you like to follow us?" One of the nurses asks.

Sehun shakes his head, refusing to welcome their child without his wife.

"We'll follow." The elders follow after their grandchild.

The other nurse updates them on Yiming's condition before stepping back into the OR.

~

Hours later, Dr.Yoon Jaeho brings them news about a successful surgery with Yiming on the road to recovery, once she overcomes the next 24 hours. He asks the nurse to lead the family to Yiming's room while they wrap up the surgery.

"Heeyoung." Jaeho holds her back, noting her shaking hands, while Jongin and Sehun walk ahead with Sera.

"What?" She tiredly sighs, feeling dizzy as she turns to him,

"Get a check-up." Jaeho requests, worriedly glancing over her.

"I'm fine." She mumbles, but when she turns to follow after her husband, her knees give out.

"Heeyoung," Jaeho screams. The others turning around just as Heeyoung falls unconscious into the doctor's arms.


The patient stirs awake letting out a soft groan feeling the heavyweight on her arm. Moving her arm, wakes the person holding it. Jongin relieved sighs, gently pulling her to his chest.

He pulls away with a cold expression, "You-"

"You can scold me after I've gone to the restroom." Heeyoung quickly says, climbing out of bed and running to the restroom.

Once she's settled on the bed, Jongin opens a water bottle for her.

"How's Yiming?" She asks, taking a small sip.

Jongin sighs, pulling her into his arms, "Yiming will be fine, but do you know how scared I was?"

"I'm sorry for scaring you." Heeyoung squeezes him, as if to reassure him she's still there.

"Don't do that again." Jongin tightens his arms around her.


"How careless can you get, Hope Park? I've warned you multiple times to take better care of yourself." Bomi scolds,

Heeyoung winces, faking sleep to escape the scoldings.

"That doesn't work anymore." Bomi deadpans.

"How are you feeling?" Jaemin walks up to the bed with a gentle smile, leaning close to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Surprisingly refreshed." She beams,

Hana scoffs, "Obviously, considering you've slept almost sixteen hours."

"What were you thinking, Hope Park?" Bomi snaps, still upset.

"Sehun needed someone. Scold me again and I'll enforce a no-visitor policy." Hope threatens,

Taehyung snorts, pushing Jaemin out of his way and taking a seat on the bed. "I'd love to see you try."

"KimTae." Heeyoung whines as Baekhyun, Chanyeol walk into the room with Sunmi.

"Byun Heey-"

"Don't." Jaemin stops Baekhyun with a stern look,

"I'm feeling wonderful. Now, which one of you has pictures of Baby Oh."

Chanyeol steps forward with his phone.

"She's so cute." Heeyoung coos, before glancing at her own bump, "You better be cuter than her."

"Dad suggests starting your maternity leave early," Baekhyun tells her.

Within seconds, the smile on her face turns to a cold glare.

"What?"

"Baekhee can take over-"

"No." Heeyoung scowls, "One, I'm not taking an early leave. Two, I will be finding my replacement. Three, Byun Namjin should hurry with his resignation rather than worrying about me." 

"Heeyoung." Baekhyun begins, but Jaemin blocks him,

"The patient is no longer accepting visitors, get out." Jaemin spits, not caring that he's speaking to his girlfriend's older brother.

"Lo-"

"Heeyoung needs to rest, you can talk to her later." Chanyeol steps in, dragging Baekhyun out of the room.


"I apologize for causing you trouble-" Sehun starts,

"It's not your fault, Hun." Heeyoung cuts him off, "I needed that sleep." She jokes before asking about Yiming.

"She's also catching up on her sleep." Sehun chuckles, gripping his wife's hand.

"Have you visited your daughter?" Jongin asks though he knows Sehun hasn't left Yiming for more than 5 minutes.

"We're going to welcome her together."

"Is this a good time to mention we've visited Baby Oh?" Heeyoung teases, wrapping an arm around Sehun's shoulders.

"Does she look like her mother?" He asks,

"Why don't you tell us after you see her." Heeyoung smiles, turning to the patient, "Zhang Yiming, wake up fast for your adorable princess and her stubborn father."

"And Mrs.Park should be seeing Dr.Han." Jaeho reminds, walking into the room with Chanyeol and Sumni.

"We're checking on Sehun." Heeyoung defends,

"We'll be on our way," Jongin bids them goodbye.


"Everything looks good." Dr.Han assures the couple,

"Isn't Whopper somewhat small?" Heeyoung asks the doctor,

"Considering your body and history, it's a reasonable size." Dr.Han assures her,

"My friend looked like she had a melon stuck to her by week 26." Heeyoung recalls Seol's pregnancy,

"Each pregnancy is different and you're currently at week 17."

"Number 2 better be as good or I'm returning him," Heeyoung pats her bump, much to her husband's amusement.


"Byun Heeyoung's pregnant!" The male chokes at the information,

The female across him nods, "Dad was giving me her position, but that bi*ch refused."

"That baby will be the next Byun and Kim heir." Kangjoon frowns,

"Exactly. Not only did she steal Jongin from me, but she's trapping him with her child." Baekhee fumes,

"Niece, stick to the plan. I've taken care of her mother and brother, handling Byun Heeyoung will be easy."

"And her bastard."

"That goes without saying."