Familiar

Trust, Let's Trust.

One week later...

"How's Seol?" Yiming asks Junmyeon as their group is gathered at Junmyeon and Seol's apartment.

"She's locked herself inside, refusing to eat or drink." Junmyeon heavily sighs, blankly staring at the ceiling.

"Have you been taking care of yourself?" Hyeri wonders, frowning at the messy apartment.

"I'm rarely at home, and Seol rarely steps out of Jayden's bedroom."

"Has there been-" A door slams open and Seol sprints into the living room.

"There's a location on Jayden." Seol stammers, handing Junmyeon her phone as she searches for the car keys.

"Both of you, calm down." Hyeri snaps them out of their excitement.

"Let one of us drop you off." She suggests,

"I'll do it. I know exactly where the place is." Chanyeol offers, recognizing the address.

"Keep us updated." Jongdae yells as Chanyeol drives off. 

~

Chanyeol hasn't even parked and Seol is jumping out of the back seat.

"Watch out." Junmyeon warns as Seol literally runs into someone. Thankfully her boyfriend saves them from a fall. The other person turns around, surprisng the trio.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asks them,

"Jayden's here," Seol blurts,

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asks the somewhat mismatched group of Park brothers, Taehyung, Taejoon Kim, Choi Inhee, and Kim Jongin.

"There's news on Aunty's condition," Haechan informs as they walk into the building.

When the group gets off the elevator, they hear a loud "Surprise!" Aeyoung Park beams, seated in a wheelchair with a nurse standing behind her.

They haven't gotten over their surpise, when a loud "Tae-tae," gets their attention. Jayden runs down the hallway, ignoring the warning from the nurse chasing after him.

"Tae-Tae." Jayden clings to Taehyung's leg. "Look at my cool cast." Jayden beams, showing off his cast with bright red superhero stickers stuck on it.

"My baby." Seol sobs, pulling him into her arms.

"Little Bun, you're Seol's son?" Aeyoung questions,

Jayden pulls away from Seol and turns to the lady on the wheelchair, "I used to be Jayden Spencer Choi, but after finding my father, I became Jayden Spencer Kim." He states.

"You've raised a good child, Seol." Aeyoung chuckles, fondly smiling at Jayden.

"Actually, I was raised by my Hope, Tae-Tae and Jae appa." Jayden corrects, turning to Jongin.

"Hope's husband, where's Hope?" He questions, "And Jae appa?"

"Um.."

"They're on a trip, Spence. But they'll be back soon." Taehyung tells the boy.

"Jayden, It's time for your medicine." His nurse states, chuckling at the disgusted expression on the child's face.

"I don't want to." Jayden pouts at Taehyung, 

"It's good for you, Spence." Taehyung ruffles his hair,

After a failed attempt, Jayden turns to his father, raising his uninjured arm signaling him to carry him up. "The medicine is really bitter, Dad." He pouts.

"I understand, but it's good for your health." Junmyeon coaxes him,

Jayden unhappily pouts, giving in after a few words from his mother,

"Heeyoung, Taehyung and Jaemin raised him?" Aeyoung asks, watching Junmyeon carry Jayden back to his room with Seol and Taehyung following after.

"Forget that. When did Aunty wake up?" Haechan wonders,

"A few days ago. However, I wanted to surprise everyone, so I had the doctors keep quiet about it." Aeyoung chuckles,

"I'm going to have a few words with your doctor." Taejoon frowns, walking away with Haejin.

"But..." Aeyoung helplessly watches them leave,

"We can continue this in my room." She sighs. 

~

"Where are Hyunjin and Heeyoung?" Aeyoung asks Haechan,

Haechan awkwardly blinks, unable to find the right words to explain.

"Hyunjin left a year after your accident, and Hope has been missing for a week." Hyungsik bluntly informs her.

"What?!" Aeyoung gasps,

~

"How did Jayden get here?" Haechan asks as soon as Taehyung steps out of Jayden's room.

"He was brought in yesterday, but he doesn't remember anything." Taehyung sighs,

"What do you mean?"

"He has no memory of the incident or what happened after."

"We're back-" Hyungsik is cut off as the Parks receive a text.

The four Parks share a look then glance at Jongin.

A few minutes later, Jongin receives a text.

Let's meet up, CEO Kim. ~ Unknown number.


"This isn't right, Grandpa." A young male states, frowning at the elder seated behind the large mahogany desk.

"Right or Wrong, I don't care. I'm making the best decision for the safety of my grandchild." The elder rebuts,

"Best? How is that the best decision? Yo-"

"Haechan," Haejin interrupts, "I do not agree with your 'best' decision."

Their grandfather frowns at the two looking over his second oldest grandchild, "What's your opinion?"

"It's not right, but it had to be done." Hyungsik sighs, "I would've made the same decision."

"Hope wouldn't like this," Haechan argues,

"She's not here to determine what she likes and doesn't." Hyungsik snarls, "If we couldn't keep her safe, what chance does Kim Jongin have?"

"Hyungsik."

"No! We shouldn't have let her marry Jongin. He was never right for her." Hyungsik heatedly states,

Haejin frowns, "No one but Hope determines who's right for her."

"Exactly. You saw how Jongin treated Hope. He made her happy-"

"He couldn't even keep her safe." Hyungsik cuts him off,

"Are you-"

"Stop!" Haejin stands up, "Hope won't want us arguing amongst ourselves either." He sighs,  walking out of the room.


Four Months Later...

"Do you think he'll come?" Baekhyun asks, looking around the table to his friends.

"If Sehun manages to drag him out."

"I don't think he's gone back home ever since..." Junmyeon heavily sighs,

"I'll be surprised if he's managing to rest well." Chanyeol huffs, "Especially with how much he's working."

"The board is happy with the steady increase in share value," Jongdae rolls his eyes thinking of the greedy executives and family members.

"He's a fu*king monster." Kyungsoo voices, recalling the progress KJC has made in just the last four months.

"Everyone has different coping methods." Minseok states.

Jongin is coping by busying himself with work.

"If I didn't know better, I would think Jongin is trying to build up an entire empire." Kyungsoo muses, scrolling through business news.

"He's acquired another security firm," Jongdae informs them,

"Wh-"

"We're here." Sehun slams the door open, walking into the private dining room with a stone-face Jongin.

~

"We're thinking of postponing the wedding." Jongdae suddenly announces, glancing at his brother.

None's surprised by the news, though they are saddened for the couple since they wanted to get married on their 10th anniversary.

Jongin quirks an eyebrow at his younger twin, "If it's for my sake. Please don't."

"But-"

"I've already cleared out my schedule. If you postpone your wedding, I'm not sure when I'll be free." Jongin says,

"Hyung,"

"Honestly, I'm not fine, and I don't think I will be anything soon. However, It's time to start living." Jongin assures him, "And I'm looking forward to my free trip to the beach." He winks, driving off.

"Do you have any news on Heeyoung?" Jongdae turns to Baekhyun,

"No." Baekhyun shakes his head,

"She has to be fine. Jongin might be pushing himself, but he's not careless. He's still eating, and sleeping, and looking after himself." Yixing says,

"It's like he knows she's fine." 

"He's not depressed, rather he's motivated."

"Like I said, he's building himself an empire."


"Bro." Jongin is surprised running into Hana on his way to a meeting.

"What are you doing here?" Jongin frowns at her,

Hana frowns at the question, "I'm here to check up on you."

Jongin sighs, "I have a meeting I-"

"Jaemin is safe. Lito refuses to reveal anything. But we're trying." Hana informs him,

 "That's good." Jongin nonchalantly states.

Months ago, Jongin would have done his best to comfort her, but the current Jongin can't bring himself to comfort anyone.

"Bro-"

"Let's talk later, I have a meeting." Jongin coldly states, glancing at his watch.

Shocked Hana stares after her cousin's back. Jongin's secretary internally sighs, nodding his head at Hana as he hurries to catch up with his boss.


Sitting behind his desk, Jongin's eyes fall on the picture frames set around his computer,

Frowning, he calls his secretary inside, "Who came into my office?"

"An assistant dropped off some files." The man informs him,

"Fire them," Jongin demands, picking up a picture of Heeyoung and him during their honeymoon.

"Sir,"

"No one is allowed into my office, especially without my presence." Jongin orders,

The secretary gulps, "Yes, sir." He hurries out of the cold office.

"You're fired." He informs the assistant,

"Yes?" She frowns,

"Did you make a mistake when you dropped off the files on the boss's desk?" He asks,

"I hit one of the picture frames, but I replaced it and cleaned everything up." She explains nervously,

The secretary shakes his head, "Boss's order; No one is allowed into his office."


"Welcome to Hawai'i." Jongdae contently sighs as they're relaxing by the pool.

"Welcome indeed." Minseok nods, sipping on his cocktail.

"The ceremony will be held on the rooftop," Seungwan informs the women.

"It's going to be beautiful." Yiming nods, imagining the gorgeous view from the rooftop terrace.

~

After dinner, the group is strolling on the beach when a loud yell startles them. They see a lady with soft pink locks and a tall, raven-haired male, standing with their backs to them as another couple joins them. The group recognizes the couple as Hana and Eddy. Hana pounces on the tall male while the pink-haired lady runs into Eddy's arms.

"Eddy." The giggle startles Jongin. The familiar voice bringing tears to his eyes.

Jaemin pulls away from his sister, chuckling at the tears streaming down her face, "I'm fine. Why are you crying?" He teases Hana, but the older continues clinging to him,

"Why aren't you crying?" Pink hair jokes with Eddy,

Eddy rolls his eyes and jokingly pushes her away.

"How rude!" Pink hair sadly pouts.

Eddy laughs wrapping an arm around her shoulder as another person sprints towards them,

"Jae Appa!" The small figure wraps itself around Jaemin's leg,

"When the fu*k did you become a father?" The pink-haired lady blurts,

The reaction surprises her friends, and they share a wary look.

"Hope." Jayden happily cries, letting go of Jaemin. The little boy wraps his arms around Hope. She yelps, her expression morphing from shock to fear as she helplessly scans the area for help.

Heeyoung blinks at the large group staring at her as if they're seeing a ghost. She brushes them off, turning her attention to the boy sobbing at her waist. "Kid, I think you've mistaken me for someone else." She awkwardly says, gently pushing him away from her.

Jayden loudly cries at her words, scaring her. "No, no, no. Don't cry." Hope panics, looking around. Her eyes land on Jaemin, "Jaemin Kim, control your child." She smacks Jaemin's chest.

Jaemin himself is shocked, staring unblinkingly at the little boy.

"I'm your Jayden and your Spence." Jaemin wails, heartbroken to see his godparents fail to recognize him.

"Okay, and?" Hope asks, unsure.

"Mommy." Jayden cries,

The blank look on her face shatters, horrified, she asks "W-what did you call me?"

"Mommy," Jayden calls, taking a step forward, but Heeyoung immediately backs away. Sensing her distress, Jaemin steps between Hope and Jayden. 

"Kid-" Jayden burst into loud wails at the angry look on Jaemin's face. Eddy quickly pulls Jayden into his arms while his wife protectively stands before them.

"He's a child." Hana snarls at her brother.

They fail to notice the lady behind Jaemin. She's frantically searching around when her eyes land on a tall, handsome male. She doesn't get a clear look at his face as her eyes blur. Her world darkens with a heartbreaking, "Heeyoung."

"Heeyoung." Jongin runs to her, managing to catch her before she hits the floor. He carries her into his arms and starts heading to the resort, not caring about the others.

~

"CEO K-... Hope." Taehyung gasps, recognizing the woman in Jongin's arms,

"Where?" Bomi glances up from her phone, following Taehyung's line of view,

"What's wrong?" Bomi worriedly rushes forward,

"Let's get her to a room first. We can talk after." Taehyung suggests, gently pulling Bomi out of Jongin's way towards the elevator.