Erased

Trust, Let's Trust.

"What?!" Aejung coughs, unintentionally startling her newborn daughter. The crying has Kyungsoo hurriedly scooping his daughter into his arms. He gently coaxes Aera back to sleep, ignorant of the incredulous looks from his friends.

"What's this about Heeyoung and Jaemin?" Kyungsoo questions, his attention on his daughter. The Doh couple arrived later since Aejung is still recovering from childbirth.

"They're here." Seungwan repeats, and Jongdae summaries the event from the previous day as Jongin and Junmyeon head their way.

"What's going on?" They don't give them a chance to sit before pouncing for answers,

"I'm not sure. Jaemin kicked me out last night and I don't have access to their floor." Jongin tiredly sighs,

"How's Jayden?" Minseok asks Junmyeon,

"He's fine. They're keeping him away from Jaemin and Heeyoung for now." Junmyeon tells them,

"Jaemin kicked you out and the others didn't stop him?" Jihyun frowns,

"They tried, but he turned volatile. I didn't want to cause a scene, so I left." Jongin clarifies.

"But you're her husband?"

"I don't think Jaemin remembers that." Dr.Min Sunmi speaks up from beside Chanyeol,

"Amnesia?" Minseok asks,

"Both Heeyoung and Jaemin seem to have lost their memories."

The group falls silent.

~

"Bro." A familiar voice calls and Jaemin, Taehyung, Bomi and Heeyoung stop at their table.

Jaemin clears his throat, scratching the back of his neck as he looks at Jongin, "I'm sorry for my behavior last night."

The Seoul group is clearly shocked, since they've always seen a haughty and arrogant Jaemin Kim.

While Jaemin is talking to Jongin, Hope blankly scans the group, perking up as her eyes land on a certain someone. She pushes Jaemin out of the way, taking the empty seat between Jongin and Junmyeon and turning to the latter.

With a hand supporting her chin, she sweetly smiles and extends her other hand, "Heeyoung Park."

The flirty tone has her friends coughing, while the Seoul group is stunned.

"Kim Junmyeon." The dentist introduces, internally chuckling at his ability to attract Heeyoung's attention, of course his cousin doesn't find it funny, glaring at their joined hands. Recognizing the dark look in the CEO's eyes, Taehyung blurts out, "He's Seol's baby daddy."

"What?!"

"The fu*k!"

The next moment Hope finds herself flung out of her chair and into another seat.

"Jaemin Kim!" Hope snarls, rubbing the side of her head where she bumped into something sturdy. She tries to wiggle around trying to get comfortable when a tight squeeze on her waist halts her movement. Turning her head, she's meet with an intense stare and realizes Jaemin Kim flung her into someone's lap. She rubs her head, thinking about how much the handsome guy works out since her head hurts after crashing into his chest.

"Please, don't move." Jongin lowly grits, squeezing Heeyoung's waist. Heeyoung doesn't understand until she feels something poking at her and immediately stiffens up.

The group is shocked and keep ping-ponging between the two vastly different scenarios,

While the two are 'flirting', Jaemin is trying to level Junmyeon into the ground with his glare.

"If your parents or you mistreat my Seol, I will destroy you." Jaemin threatens.

Heeyoung snaps out of her eye-lock with Jongin, hearing the words parents, "Hold up, Parents?"

"He's my second uncle's son, Kim Junmyeon." Jaemin clarifies, then points out, "That's the eldest uncle's son, Minseok." Pointing at the twins, he introduces, "Jongdae and Jongin."

"Seol's baby daddy?" Heeyoung mumbles to herself, a light bulb goes of on her head. "That was Seol's kid?"

Taehyung nods, "Seol and Junmyeon's."

Hope huffs, wrapping an arm around Jongin's neck and resting the side of her head against his chest and pouting at Junmyeon, "Why are all the handsome one's taken?"

"You're sitting on a taken male." Jaemin teases, but Hope lightly chuckles, "I don't think he is."

"How do you conclude that?" Jaemin wonders, calmly taking the seat previously occupied by Heeyoung while Taehyung and Bomi have a worker bring them additional chairs.

Hope makes herself comfortable on Jongin's lap, "One, he hasn't tossed me off and two, you don't need to know." She chuckles, winking at a stunned Jongin.

"Heeyoung Park?" A loud voice calls. Glancing at the approaching male, Heeyoung calmly wraps her arms around Jongin's neck and makes herself comfortable on his lap.

"Do I know you?" Heeyoung asks the hazel eyed male, he briefly narrows his eyes at the sight of her in another male's lap but is quick to school his expression.

"Marcus Luo. We have a lunch date tomorrow." He smirks at Jongin, before focusing on Heeyoung.

"I won't be able to make it. I'll be busy with my boyfriend." Heeyoung shrugs,

"The date was set up by our grandfathers. I'm sure Young Lady Park upholds her grandfather's words." Marcus Luo mocks, his tone angering Hope,

A familiar low voice speaks up, "I'll personally call Grandpa Luo and apologize for canceling. Of course, lunch, not the contract." Heeyoung smirks, watching the arrogant male scurry away as Haejin and Haechan join them.

"Oppa." Heeyoung jumps off Jongin's lap and into Haejin's arms.

"Grandpa is setting you up on dates?" Bomi asks.

Though Heeyoung is uncomfortable with strangers, she doesn't mind the ones at the table.

"I have 3 months to find a 'suitable' partner before I'm married off to a man of his choice."

"I've heard you lost your memories?" Haejin asks, ordering breakfast for the both of them.

Hope fidgets, trying to explain her situation, "Rather than lost, it would be better to say they were erased."

"Erased?" Haechan raises and eyebrow,

"The old man had my memories erased or something. They erased close to a decade worth of memories." Heeyoung informs them,

"Same. Lito had my memories erased as well." Jaemin chimes in, shocking everyone around them,

"Why?" Taehyung asks the obvious question,

"And why would they inform you about it?" Hyeri wonders,

"The doctor and Lito were discussing possible side-effects at my bedside, assuming I was still in a coma." Jaemin lightly says, taking a bite of his eggs while the rest turn to Heeyoung.

"The Old man told me, I went through something traumatic and wished for me to forget the events, so he made a decision on my behalf." Hope casually states. Her tone devoid of any emotion.

"Does that not upset you?" Jihyun asks,

Heeyoung glances at her, quirking an eyebrow at the male next to her and turning to Haejin, "No. I trust grandfather. It's not the right decision, but for him it must have been his only choice." 

"What if it wasn't? What if you forgot something important?" Taehyung asks,

Hope contemplates the answer, "I. It's already done. There's nothing that can be done."

"Have you tried regaining your memories?" Haechan asks Jaemin and Hope.

"They can't." Someone else answers and another familiar person heads their way with a bottle. Hope visibly winces at the sight of the male.

"Doc." Hope unenthusiastically greets, as Dr.Yoon Jaeho passes Hope the thermos.

He glances at her to quietly drink, while he informing them on Hope's condition. She was in a coma for less than three weeks, but had to remain on bed rest for another few weeks due to her injuries. After learning of her purposeful memory loss, Hope tried hard to recall past events but would often exert herself and end up in the hospital. "She was just discharged yesterday morning."

"I wanted to escape the SBC." Heeyoung whines, reluctantly sipping the bitter herbal tonic.

"The SBC?"

"Spoiled brats convention, a.k.a The Shim's Tea Party, annual gathering of dumb, rich losers searching for a partner." Heeyoung unashamedly says,

"It's here?" Bomi asks,

"Why else do you think I'm here?" Hope sighs, pushing the tonic away. Jaemin and Taehyung share a knowing look with Haechan as Jaeho grabs the bowl.

"Heeyoung." Jaeho gives her a soft look, holding the bowl to her lips,

"Same. Lito's only letting me out on the condition I return with a partner." Jaemin interrupts them, snatching the bowl from Jaeho, while Taehyung pinches Hope's nose and Jaemin pours the liquid into . 

" off, as*holes." Hope fumes and Haechan stuffs a strawberry into .

"What is this?" Bomi asks, sniffing the empty thermos,

"Herbal tonic to help her recuperate her energy. The accident left her weak, especially given her previous condition." Jaeho says, subtly glancing over at Jongin.

"Director Park." A well dressed male walks over to their table,

"Emmett." Heeyoung stands up, "Time for the meeting?" 

"Yes Ma'am, JiFei's team will be arriving soon." Her assistant states,

Heeyoung turns to the group. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to get your names. Let's keep the introductions for next time. Oppa, Others, I'll see you later." With a nod, Heeyoung struts off.

"I'm going to go find Seol." Jaemin walks off.

"Her child?" Haejin asks, as soon as the two are out of sight.

"I'm not sure. I saw her a week after her accident. I wanted to inform someone, but the staff taking care of Heeyoung were required to sign NDAs." Jaeho informs them, "I tried asking about the child, but everyone was clueless, since Heeyoung was bought in alone."

"You don't know if the baby is alive or dead?" Taehyung asks,

"I do not." Jaeho replies, sending Jongin a pitiful look.


"Boyfriend." Jongin pauses, turning his head over his shoulder to see a familiar face, unhurriedly walking towards him.

"Headed to dinner?" Hope asks,

Jongin nods, "What about you?" He asks, glancing at the male behind his wife.

Hope gives him a smile and wraps an arm around his, pulling him towards the outdoor seating with her assistant following behind. Jongin is slightly startled at the physical contact but chooses to not comment, in fear of her pulling away from him.

"I've decided." Hope starts, Jongin looks down at her with an inquiring look,

"I've decided to become your girlfriend." Hope seriously states, shocking Jongin while Emmett keeps a blank face at his boss' words.

"Umm." Jongin coughs, surprised.

"Why? Are you not available?" She asks,

"I am." Jongin quickly nods.

"Good. Emmett, clear my lunch meeting for tomorrow." Hope instructs, 

"You too, Boyfriend." She winks, letting go off Jongin as they reach the doors.

"Hope." Jayden chirps from Taehyung's lap,

Hope merely glances at him, taking a seat between Hana and Taehyung.

"Doh Kyungsoo, Min Aejung, Zhang Yiming, Oh Sehun, Son Seungwan, Doh Hyeri, Min Sunmi, Park Chanyeol, Lee Jihyun and last but not least, Byun Baekhyun." Heeyoung ends off with a glare directed at her half-brother.

Jaemin chokes on his drink, coughing as he stutters, "B-b-byun? Byun Baekhyun, spawn #2 of your donor?" Heeyoung nods, observing her half-sibling. 

"Jaemin Kim." Bomi scolds,

"What?" Jaemin puts on an innocent look.

"Heeyoung." Baekhyun starts,

"President Byun, we're not close to be on first name basis." Heeyoung calmly states when her phone buzzes with a text.

"Huang JianLi? The Oldie sure moves fast." Heeyoung chuckles to herself.

"Excuse me, I'm needed somewhere else." Heeyoung stands up. She walks a few feet before turning back.

"I don't have your number." She stops beside Jongin, holding her phone towards him. Though stunned, Jongin adds himself to her contacts and watches her walk away. 

"Kim Jongin," Jaemin snaps Jongin out of his daze, "Stay away from her."

Jongin raises an eyebrow at his cousin, "She's not your type and you're not hers. She doesn't sleep around and you don't do relationships."

"And if I do? You've lost your memories, you don't know the current me." Jongin remarks, taking a sip of his beer,

Jaemin lightly chuckles, "I might not know the current you, but you and I, bro, We're both the same. We're not ones to move on from the person in our hearts."

"Like I said, you don't know me, not anymore."

"Don't say I didn't warn you. Try chasing her and you'll end up with a broken ego." Jaemin smirks, before leaving the table.

"What the fu*k is he on?" Hana mumbles, narrowing her eyes at her brother's back,

"Little ears, Hana." Taehyung scolds, covering Jayden's ears.

"He knows."

"I know."

Jayden and Hana say in unison.


"Huang JianLi." Hope calls the tall male leaning against the wall, observing the crowd past the glass doors leading to the outdoor dining area.

"Hope Park." The male perks up, setting his eyes on the lady strutting towards him,

"I've heard you lost your memories." JianLi snorts, one end of his lips quirking up,

"Last I remembered, our families are mortal enemies?" Hope comments,

"And I've told you before, our world doesn't have enemies when benefits outweigh petty feelings." JianLi gives her a sarcastic and suggestive smile,

"I'm not interested in you." Hope immediately rejects,

The male across her clutches his chest playfully, "And here I thought I had a chance of becoming more than just an occasional fu*k buddy."

Hope stills at his words,

"Oh my god. No way, Hope Park." His cackling has Hope pulling herself together.

"Continue laughing at me and I'll have you howling in pain." She threatens, successfully shutting him up.

"You've got me curious now, Hope. How about we try to recall some of those memories?" The suggestive tone isn't lost, especially when Jianli reaches for her, but he's stopped with a tight grip on his wrist, while Hope meets with the sight of a tensed back.

"Don't fu*king touch her." Jaemin growls,

"I do what I like. Don't tempt me, Jaemin Kim." Huang Jianli snaps,

Hope briefly watches the two stare/glower at each other, shaking her head as she silently slips away.


"Please, Oppa." Jongin hears her first, joining Heeyoung and her friends for breakfast.

"You're the best. I love you." Hope laughs, pressing a kiss to Haejin's cheek as she cheerfully bounces in her chair.

"What's the important meeting?" Jaemin interrupts,

"None of your business." Hope sweetly smiles, noticing Jongin and the others at the table next to theirs.

Hope sighs, momentarily pouting at Seol joining them with Junmyeon and turning to chow down on her breakfast.

"What?" Seol asks, oblivious. Taehyung chuckles, thinking to himself, She's jealous because of Junmyeon, you idiot. 

"Hope." Jayden runs over to her, 

"Kid," Hope nods as he climbs into the chair beside hers.

Hope's working on her fruit bowl, when she feels a tug on her shirt turning to see Jayden blinking up at her, more specifically at her fruit bowl,

With a sigh, she slides the bowl over to him.

"Let's share." Jayden beams, a hopeful look in his eyes.

"No." She heartlessly rejects him, "I don't share utensils."

"But you did before." Jayden mumbles,

"I don't now."

"Heeyoung." Yoon Jaeho walks with a familiar thermos in his hand.

"Doc."

Not wanting a repeat of yesterday's incident, Heeyoung quickly gulps down the bitter tonic. Without another word to her friends, she heads off to start her day full of meetings.

She sends Jongin a discreet wink as she passes by his table.