Fled

Trust, Let's Trust.

Taking advantage of her break, Heeyoung claims temporary ownership of Chanyeol's apartment.

Though Chanyeol has questions, he keeps them to himself.

Of course, Sera isn't Chanyeol, no, the minute she heard about the canceled trip, Heeyoung receives a phone call.

"Hope Park, do you take me for an idiot?" Sera growls,

"Why did you leave?" Hope retorts,

Sera frowns, "I couldn't face anyone after, I. I just." She mumbles, shaking her head, "Nu-uh, We aren't talking about me, here. Who the fu*k is Byun Heeyoung and why are you married to my brother's best friend. What happened with him?"

Heeyoung and Sera met during university and instantly connected. They remained friends all through graduation until Sera suddenly disappeared.

"Mr.Byun is disgusting." Sera scowls, after Heeyoung finishes her story. 

"And, anyone close to my foolish brother has to be an idiot." She adds,

"Don't say that. Junmyeon is also their friend." Heeyoung frowns, staring at her lock screen, which is a picture of Junmyeon and her at the reception.

Her phone rings with an incoming call, "It's your brother." Heeyoung mumbles,

"What?" Sera picks up,

"Why are you answering Heeyoung's phone?" Sehun asks,

"What do you need?" Sera rudely asks,

"Give the phone to Heeyoung."

"I'm here, Sehun-ssi."

"Heeyoung, listen about the incident, you're misunder-" Sera hangs up.

"That was rude." Heeyoung comments, though she makes no move to get her phone from the other.


While his friends contact her often, her husband has yet to send her a text, much less a call. She doesn't take it to heart as she's upset over the incident. Fearing she'll run into him at the hospital, she keeps her visits short. Her in-laws try to keep her longer, but thanks to Dr.Yoon she manages to escape quickly. 

She also finds herself spending more time with her brother, thanks to Chanyeol.

"Give Baekhyun a chance, he's not a bad person." Chanyeol starts,

"I know he isn't. I just, I don't know how to behave with him." Heeyoung mumbles,

"Treat him like you treat me." The taller advises,

"We started off as strangers and I started off disliking Baekhyun." She says, "You know Baekhyun is close with Hyunjin, but whenever he tried contacting me, I would send back hateful words. I. Do you understand how many times I've cursed his entire existence and I've yet to even apologize." Heeyoung shakily says,

"I'm aware, but you realize he's forgiven you."

"But why? He's supposed to be angry at me?"

Chanyeol exhales, "Baekhyun isn't like that with everyone, just you because he feels guilty for your father's actions."

"Well, he shouldn't." Heeyoung huffs,

"Maybe, you should tell him that." Chanyeol suggests.


"Do I have to do this?" Heeyoung muses, glancing around the mall, following after Sera and the other women.

"Stop frowning." Sera looks back at her, Heeyoung fakes a smile for her.

"Why are we here?" Heeyoung asks, walking into a menswear store.

"Kyungsoo popped the question after your reception." Sera tells her, pointing over at Aejung, looking through ties with Hyeri, while Yiming and Seungwan are looking through some suits.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Heeyoung frowns, as Sera skips away.

Looking around her catch on a pair of cufflinks, engraved with the letter J. "Are you getting that for Jongin?" Jihyun startles her, looking over her shoulder,

"No." Heeyoung answers, handing the links over to an associate while she looks around with Jihyun. She ends up getting two more pairs of cufflinks, one for Baekhyun and the other for Chanyeol, along with a tie to go with the shirt Jihyun bought for Baekhyun. 

~

"When are you going back to work?" Hyeri asks Heeyoung during dinner,

"Monday."

"It's a shame you couldn't go on your honeymoon." Sera teases, knowing Heeyoung is secretly relieved.

"Uncle's health is much more important than our honeymoon." Heeyoung answers,

"It's understandable, If something happened to uncle, while you were on your trip, Jongin would have been devastated." Jihyun adds, as the rest of the women nod along.


While Heeyoung is busy living her life, the CEO is having a hard time, with his father's health, his brother and cousins cold behavior along with his wife's disappearance. After Heeyoung's first visit to his father, his parents called him for an overdue talk. Jongin cleared the matter up, making sure to reveal everything and though his mother was disappointed with him, she understood his feelings. The talk with his parents took a great load off his chest, letting him focus on resolving the issue with his brother first, before he talks to Heeyoung.

However, Jongdae is as stubborn as a bull, refusing to even answer Jongin's calls. The CEO stops by his brother's workplace, but the architect is never available. He stops trying to pacify his twin because Jongin is also a prideful man.

Having had enough of the tension between the twins, their friends decide to intervene and help resolve their problems.

Sehun and Junmyeon convince Jongin to meet at their usual booth at their favorite hangout spot at the hotel club. Jongin understands his friends intentions, seeing Jongdae being dragged by Minseok and Yixing.

Jongdae glares at the older casually sipping on his drink, as if Jongin has no worries. Unlike the loud noises of the club, their booth is shrouded with silence, none of the men knowing how to start a conversation.

"Heeyoung?" Yixing blurts, at the sight of the woman walking up the stairs.

"What?" Baekhyun follows Yixing's gaze, frowning as he sees his sister attracting quite some attention. He isn't the only one feeling that way, as Jongin turns green, scanning her outfit. He admits his wife is absolutely stunning.

They watch her walk towards the booths, assuming she's headed their way, they look at each other wondering who invited her.

Heeyoung is walking with her eyes on her phone, when someone blocks her path, she looks up to see a male smiling down at her,

"Hello." He starts, but the lady blankly stares at him,

"I saw you walk in and had to get your number." He says, extending his phone towards her,

"Not interested." Heeyoung moves to step past him, but he blocks her,

"I haven't even introduced myself, though." He scratches the back of his neck,

"Doesn't matter." She tries to move, but she's blocked once again. Her brother is ready to intervene, but Chanyeol stops him, knowing Heeyoung can handle it herself.

"Director Ko Kangdae at Jung Motors" The male introduces, but he doesn't get his expected reaction since the lady scoffs at him and calls someone.

"Jung Motors, Ko Kangdae." She simply states, seconds after she hangs up, the male's phone rings.

"What?"

"No. I." By the time his call ends he's looking at Heeyoung with a terrified expression.

"I'm sorry. Please, forgive me." The male pleads,

"When someone says not interested, move the fu*k on." Heeyoung spits, successfully stepping past him.

Jongin and his friends watch the scene stunned, before their attention is moved to the next booth as Heeyoung steps inside.

"Stop. I'm recording." A male states, causing Heeyoung to cover her face,

"Why?" Heeyoung asks,

"It's for the rest." The male answers.

Heeyoung drops her hands, beaming as she looks at the camera with a wave, "Hello, Annyeong, Hola, Salut and Ni-hao."

The men at the next booth have their jaws hanging at the new side of Heeyoung.

"Spin around." The male recording instructs. Heeyoung huffs, slowly twirling around.

"Happy." She looks at the camera and says, "As you can see, I'm still hot."

"You heard the psycho." The male teases, before ending the video.

"Baby girl." The male yells excitedly, tossing his phone away.

"Wang." She jumps into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"I missed you." Her friend pouts as they pull away.

"Me too." Heeyoung returns his pout, watching Jackson press a button.

"Congrats on your wedding." Jackson teases,

"Jackson, your love life is in my hands." She grins, causing the smile to fall off Jackson's face as a line of servers walk into the booth, each carrying a tray.

They carefully set the trays on the round table. Heeyoung gives Jackson an inquiring look, the male smiles as he starts uncovering the trays to reveal several dishes.

"My savior." Heeyoung blows him a kiss as he hands her a pair of chopsticks and a plate of dumplings.

"I'm awesome, aren't I?" Jackson praises himself,

"If we were eating, why couldn't we have just met somewhere else?" Heeyoung frowns, stuffing .

"I need to get you drunk." Jackson reveals, "You talk more than."

Heeyoung agrees as she continues drinking the cocktails.

"What do you want to know?" Heeyoung asks,

"Did something happen with your husband, since you haven't been home in weeks?" Jackson asks, the eavesdropping men look at Jongin,

Heeyoung pauses with a dumpling hanging in the air, "How do you know that?" She asks, watching Jackson squirm under her sharp glance,

She scoffs, "I'm being watched!!"

"Cars, Hope. GPS tracking." Jackson tells her.

"Like that's any better?" Hope huffs,

"So, with the husband?" He asks, watching her chew slowly to prolong answering, "I can wait all night. I have nowhere to be."

"I can solve that." Heeyoung muses, giving him a knowing look, but he rolls his eyes

"Something did happen." Heeyoung sighs, Jackson perks up, even setting his chopsticks down to hear her, "He. That. That as*hole." She fumes, slamming her chopsticks on the plate, scaring her friend along with her husband as his friends glare at him,

"That dumb Kim Jongmin, he. He made me a fu*king homewrecker." She screams frustrated, while her friend looks confused, his friends though angry, can't help but laugh at Jongin's affronted face.

"I clearly asked him if he had someone before the wedding and he refused. So, why the fu*k. Uhh. It's so frustrating." Heeyoung whines, swinging her arms around,

"Do you mean? He has someone on the side?" Jackson asks,

"Exactly. In fact, he even invited her to the wedding. What a dumba*s."  Said dumba*s looks extremely confused, unaware of how his wife even reached that conclusion.

"Are you sure about that? He's known to have only one night stands, no relationships." Jackson informs her,

"You ran a background check on him." She gasps, but her friend flicks her forehead,

"How are you so stupid at times? Dude, he was constantly in the tabloids until your engagement was confirmed." Jackson clarifies,

"It could be a cover. We know better than anyone about using dates to distract the press." Heeyoung states,

"We didn't take them home, nor did we shove our tongues down their throats." Jackson raises an eyebrow,

"It doesn't change the fact, I've spent the past weeks constantly looking over my shoulder, worried a random person was going to start yelling at me for stealing her man. I was also scared of picking up unknown calls." Heeyoung cries, snatching the wine bottle off the table,

"Hope." Jackson gasps, watching her chug the wine,

"As soon as I get my shares, I'm getting an annulment." Heeyoung declares, while Jackson holds his head,

"Just asking, have you actually...talked to your husband?"

"Do I have to?"

"If you want to end the marriage, you have to."

"What marriage?" She scoffs, "I haven't seen or heard from him since the wedding day." She blurts, shocking her brother.

"So, go look for him." Jackson states,

"I despise cheaters, if I were to see Kim Jongmin, I'm scared of how horribly I would hurt him." Heeyoung growls,

"Is he like actually cheating?" Jackson asks, Heeyoung opens but pauses thinking back to that night.

"He said he was seen with another woman."

"That can be taken in so many ways, For example, right now, You're with another man." Jackson explains, the frown on Heeyoung's face deepening.

"But he didn't explain." Heeyoung whines,

"Did you give him a chance to? Hope, you always run away from conflict. Hell, that's why you're in this fu*king situation right now." Jackson scolds,

"Don't you dare bring that into this." Heeyoung hisses,

"Why not? Hope, you ran away, because you were scared to face J-"

"Shut up!" Heeyoung cuts him off with a yell, "Mention another word and I will walk out."

They both take a deep breath, collecting themselves,

"I'll try talking to CEO Kim." Heeyoung concedes, not wanting to end their reunion on a sour note.

"Good." Jackson nods, patting her head and handing her a plate of cake.

"Who's Kim Jongmin?" Jackson frowns, remembering her mentioning that name.

"The husband." She answers,

Jackson gives her a disbelieving look, clearing his throat before explaining, "Baby girl, it's Jong IN."

"Are you okay, Jackson?" She eyes the empty glasses before him,

"You're the crazy one, babe." Jackson tells her, pulling out his phone out.

"I'm pretty sure it's Kim Jongmin." Heeyoung muses, though she's rendered speechless when Jackson shows her Jongin's details.

"Oh." Heeyoung simply says,

"What kind of response is that?" Jackson asks, clicking the images to see how his friend's husband looks.

"What am I supposed to say?" Heeyoung asks, as Jackson scoots closer,

"I'm surprised no one has corrected you yet." Jackson wonders,

"He's CEO Kim for me." She tells him, her friend pauses to gape at her,

"He's your husband, not your business partner, babe." Jackson says, swiping to the next image,

"Technically," She starts, but Jackson levels her with a glare,

"We're not close enough to be on first-name basis." She says, squealing at the next picture, "Junmyeon!"

"Who?" Jackson asks, as Heeyoung snatches the phone out of his hands to admire the picture,

"One of our world's finer specimens, Kim Junmyeon." Heeyoung seriously answers,

"Kim? Relative of your husband?" Jackson asks,

She pouts nodding her head, "Unfortunately."

"Would you have preferred marrying him over CEO Kim?" Jackson asks, the men anxiously wait for Heeyoung's answer,

Heeyoung snorts, "God no. I can't ruin Junmyeon's life like that." The smile falls off Jongin's face hearing the last bit.

"Wow." Jackson deadpans,

"Junmyeon is sweet, caring, thoughtful, reasonable, handsome, adorable and his voice is sooo soothing, he's just very admirable." Heeyoung states,

"He's your idol." Jackson concludes, "Just don't turn psychotic." He jokes,

"If I wasn't so sleepy, I would simple un-alive you." Heeyoung mumbles, leaning against the couch as she stares up at the ceiling,

"I got you a room." Jackson hands her a key.

She lets out a humorless chuckle,

"What?" Jackson asks, confused,

"Room 1105. You trying to tell me something?" She asks, lazily looking over at him,

"What's wrong with it?" Jackson asks, not understanding her words,

"Nothing, just, reminds me of someone." She sighs, shutting her eyes,

"Hope, don't fall asleep." Jackson tries to pull her up, but the younger refuses to stand,

"I'm too tired to walk. Let me rest for a bit." She says, laying on the sofa.

Jackson comes to a decision, bending down and wrapping an arm around her waist and under her knees, he lifts her up with a soft groan.

"Thank you." Heeyoung mumbles, snuggling into his chest as he carries her out of the booth.