Past

Trust, Let's Trust.

"Woah!" Sehun blurts,

"Close your mouth." Yiming pinches her husband, noticing Heeyoung frown at Sehun blatantly staring at her baby bump. 

"Are you carrying twins or something?" Sehun asks.

Yiming face-palms at her husband's low EQ,

"Oh Sehun," Jongin snarls,

"I'm going to check on Eddy," Heeyoung says after greeting Yiming, while Sehun gets rightfully ignored.

"Be careful." Jongin warns, wanting to follow after her, but he knows that'll only anger her, so he watches her walk away.

"I really hope my daughter doesn't inherit your embarrassingly low EQ." Yiming shakes her head, walking into the wedding hall.


The groom's dressing room. Eddy is calmly seated before the vanity with Taehyung trying to get him to drink water. Bomi and Elle are fanning Eddy while Jaemin sports an innocent look, scrolling through his phone.

"What did you do?" Hope narrows her eyes at Jaemin,

"Me. Nothing, I didn't give him alprazolam or anything." Jaemin blurts. He sends out mental prayers when Hope's expression darkens.

"You gave him fu*king Xanax?" Hope calmly starts. "Did you not learn your lesson with Haechan?" She fumes, rubbing the baby bump to her calm down since she's not supposed to be stressing.

"He wanted them to calm his nerves." Jaemin defends,

"What BS, Eddy asked for a shot of tequila or something, not Xanax." Bomi jumps to defend her best friend.

Jaemin opens his mouth, but Hope holds up her index finger, "I don't want to hear it. You have 20 minutes to fix your mess."

~

As Eddy's best, Bomi walks him to the altar and stands behind him. When Hana walks down the aisle, Eddy cries. Thankfully, Bomi has prepared and passes him a handkerchief.

"I can't believe, I get to call you mine." Eddy exhales, unblinking eyes set on his beautiful woman. His friends can't help squeal since Eddy is shy regarding PDA.

Of course, Eddy does make some mistakes,

The most obvious ones;

Pointing behind Hana at the flower arrangement, "Look at that big bird, baby." He seriously says, interrupting his own vows.

When Haechan asks if anyone has any objections, Eddy snatches the mic, "I'm marrying the most gorgeous person on this fu*king planet."

After they're announced as husband and wife, Eddy turns to the crowd, "Jihana Kim is my wife, take that-" Jihana quickly shuts him up with a kiss.

~

Not surprisingly, Jaemin walks into the reception wearing sunglasses to hide his black eyes.


"Where's Jaemin?" Haejin asks, looking around the ballroom for his brother-in-law.

"I'm not sure, he hasn't texted me after asking to meet," Haechan replies, watching his wife chat with Seungwan and Hyeri.

"I can't be the only one feeling weird about this?" Minho comments, scanning the guests. Only their friend group and Jongin's friends are present with no elders.

Eddy shares a look with his friends, unsure about Jaemin's motive for this impromptu gathering.

"This reminds me of his engagement 'party'," Jiara adds,

Heeyoung worriedly looks at her brother, "I'm getting a bad feeling about this."

Looking around, realization sets in, "Oppa, this is the place where Jon-"

"I'm here." She's cut off as Jaemin enters the room.

"Hope." Jaemin heads straight for her, "You made it." Jaemin smiles, running the back of his fingers down her cheek and looks straight into her eyes. She visibly flinches under his accusing look but he chuckles, brushing her off.

"If everyone could take a seat," Jaemin says, though his guests are confused, they take their assigned spots at the huge dining table, which manages to accommodate all the guests.

"What's going on?" Jiara asks her brother as he takes his seat between Hana and Seol,

"Let's wait after dinner." Jaemin replies, snapping his fingers to signal the start of dinner.

~

As dessert is being cleared up, a projection screen rolls down.

After the last worker has left the room, the lights dim, and a spotlight falls on Jaemin.

"First of all, I would like to thank everyone for making it, even the Zhan brothers." Jaemin points at Mark and Jason. "This room holds a special place in my heart." He starts, eyeing Hope, "Without the fancy decorations, many may not recognize it. This is the same room, the love of my life chose someone else."

"Jaemin, don't-" Jiara is cut off as the lights turn off and the projection screen fills with color.


The past always catches up, even when you forget about it.

I only wish to remind you of what's been hidden from you,

- A Well-wisher.

~

"Ravenclaw or Gryffindor." A young boy asks,

"Slytherin." A girl answers.,

"Hyunjin or Hyungsik." 

"Haejin"  ("I'm disappointed." "Shut up, Hyung")

"Friendship or love" 

"Friendship"

"You Love?"

"Jae-"

"Taehyung Kim." A young Heeyoung pops up,

"You love Jaemin." Taehyung teases,

"I will kill-"

"Ohh, look there's your love." Taehyung teases, capturing a shot of a blushing Heeyoung before focusing on Jaemin sprinting down the sidewalk on the other side of the road.

"I need to tell you something," Jaemin yells, not paying attention, and running into the street.

"Jaemin," Hope pushes Jaemin just as a car zooms past the camera,

"Hope!" The car drives off while Hope drops to the ground with a loud crack.

~

"Uhh, I had to stay in the hospital for over two months."

"Visit 3?"

"Nah, Visit 4. She was wearing her brace from the monkey bars incident."

"I'm glad you can casually chat about these matters." Haejin comments, the temperature in the room dropping with his tone.

They awkwardly chuckle, zipping their mouths as the next clip plays.

~

"Do you need to record everything?" Hana asks off-camera as Haechan and Seol tread down a fancy hallway.

"Stop bickering and help look for Hope." Haechan snarls.

"And Jaemin." Seol adds,

Taehyung turns the screen to show Bomi and Eddy reading over note cards.

"They better not be together," Haechan mumbles, poking his head into a room to check.

"Over-protective Oppa mode, ON." Hana whispers, thankfully Haechan doesn't hear her.

"Where are-"

Haechan shushes Seol,

Taehyung turns the camera, to show him rolling his eyes at the two.

"Micheal Buble?" Eddy asks, looking up from his note cards.

"100$, Jae-Hope are together," Hana tells Taehyung,

"I'm not wasting my money." Taehyung smacks her palm as Haechan pushes the door open.

Surprisingly, not, they find their missing friends dancing to the music,

"Aww, I definitely ship!" Hana chirps when Jaemin picks Hope up,

"What did you say?" Haechan growls, ready to storm in.

His friends quickly block him, not wanting to disturb the dancing pair, on the elevated platform.

'Hold me close, make me Sway,' Hope wraps her legs around Jaemin's hips,

"She's grounded," Haechan grumbles,

"Haechan Park," Bomi warns, silencing him.

'Like a flower bending in the breeze' Jaemin continues spinning them as the song comes to an end. They're panting with their faces a breath apart. Hope leans forward, resting her forehead against Jaemin's.

"Hope Park!" Haechan yells, just as their lips touch, and startles Jaemin into losing balance, sending the pair tumbling down the elevated platform.

"Dammit, Haechan." Taehyung, Bomi, and Hana scold, running to help their friends.

The scene ends up with a picture of Jaemin with a cast on his non-dominant arm while Hope has a few bandages on her forehead and arms.

~

"Definitely Visit 8."

"Visit 7.5, we were trying to keep it a secret from Hae-" Hope turns to Haejin,

"Hope blackmailed me. Hyungsik Hyung signed the forms." Haechan defends himself under his oldest brother's cold glare,

"Oppa, I love you." Heeyoung beams at the older.

Hyungsik repeats her words.

"You're my favorite person in this whole world." She adds. Watching Haejin roll his eyes, she knows she's forgiven.

"I don't remember that scene, in fact, I don't remember the next few scenes either," Jaemin speaks up. Refilling his wine glass, ignoring Seol's warning as he's already on his 4th or 6th glass of the night.

~

"Talk to me!" Jaemin whines, focusing the camera on a studying Heeyoung.

"Excuse me, Heeyoung." A caucasian boy walks up to the table with a bouquet and a box of chocolates, "Would you be my date to the semi-formal?"

The boy nervously glances at Jaemin, feeling his murderous glare, "She has a date. Scram."

Hope rolls her eyes at Jaemin, turning to the other with a small smile, "Sorry for his rudeness, but I do have a date."

"Oh. Regardless, I hope you enjoy these." He sets the flowers and chocolates on the table before walking off.

"Hope Park!" Jaemin calls, seeing her go back to her books. To get her attention Jaemin snatches the box of chocolates and tears into them.

"They're not even that good." Jaemin rolls his eyes as he continues digging into the sweets.

"Does this count as a study date, sunshine?" Jaemin asks, reaching for her cheek but she smacks his hand.

"Hope I'm recording. Smile for me?"

"Why don't you ask Shirls to smile for you?" Hope scoffs, gathering her things along with the bouquet and chocolates before storming out of the library.

"Crap! Baby, let me explain." Jaemin ignores the librarian shushing him, trying to catch up to Hope.

~

"Juilliard audition, Dance 3. Heeyoung Park." A teenage Hope introduces herself to the camera,

A classical piece plays through the speaker and she performs a contemporary style dance. However, a few minutes in, she twists her ankle and falls to the floor.

She resets the music, introducing herself again, and performing her routine, but once again she ends up hurting herself.

"You're going to hurt yourself." Jaemin surprises her, a small frown on his face at the sight of her swollen ankle.

Wordlessly, he picks her up and carries her to the sofa located in the corner. He slides open the walls across the mirror, revealing a bed. He returns with a first-aid kit. 

"Didn't you finish your tapes?" He asks her, wrapping her ankle.

"I don't feel confident about the last routine." She answers, avoiding eye contact.

"Turn it off." Heeyoung shakily pleads, but Jaemin ignores her,

"Jaemin, please turn-"

"I know you're trying to be perfect sunshine, but you can't keep pushing yourself." Teenage Jaemin softly says, pulling Hope into his lap and slotting their lips together.

Loud gasps echo around the room.

"Come on!" Jaemin grabs the mp3 player and Cha Cha Slide plays through the speakers. Jaemin pulls her to her feet, pecking her cheeks as he drags her to the center.

The couple is joking around when someone knocks on the door,

"Mom wants to leave in an hour." Haejin pokes his head in, frowning at their interlocked fingers and leaving the door left wide open.

"He hates me." Jaemin cries,

"As my older brother, he's supposed to dislike my boyfriend." She simply nods, not even bothering assuring him.

~

"Today, Thursday, August 11th, 2011, The love of my life asked me out." Jaemin beams, turning the camera towards Hope who looks done with him.

"Are we really dating?" Jaemin asks,

Hope rolls her eyes, though the smile on her face give away her true emotions, "If you hadn't gobbled my confession cake, you wouldn't have to ask me over and over again."

"I'm serious, Hope. I can't believe you love me too. Let me enjoy my moment." Jaemin chirps, quickly pecking her cheek.

Hope rolls her eyes again, "We're dating now." She slots their lips together.

~

"You two actually dated?" Bomi asks,

"Seems like it." Jaemin scowls at his wine glass while Hope looks defeated.

~

"Happy anniversary, Sunshine," Jaemin wishes,

The lights around the room turn on one after another, revealing a path made of petals with pictures of the couple displayed around the room.

"It's already been a year?" Hope chuckles looking over their pictures.

The smile on her face falls after Jaemin drops on one knee.

Noticing her fallen expression, he loudly chuckles, "I'm not proposing marriage, sunshine. Right now, marriage isn't something either of us is interested in. Today, exactly a year ago, on this spot, you confessed your feelings for me, but I never got the chance to respond. When you asked me to be your boyfriend, my heart stopped beating. The first time I ever saw you, I knew you were going to hold a special spot in my life.The more we got to know each other, the deeper I fell for you. I want to thank you for taking the first step, as much as I hate to admit it, I would've never been able to gain the courage to confess. I love you Hope Park, and I'll continue loving you till the end of time." Jaemin confesses, getting back on his feet and handing her a bouquet of her favorite flowers. 

"I'll hold you to that promise, Jaemin Kim." Hope whispers, slotting their lips together.

~

"Guess what?" Hope runs into the room. The screen changes from Mark Zhan to a panting but brightly smiling Hope,

"You've come to your senses and are dumping the loser?" Taehyung seriously asks.

Jaemin punches Taehyung's arm,

"You got into the Juilliard dance program." Jaemin guesses. Hope nods, jumping on her best friend for a hug. Moving onto Mark and lastly jumping into Jaemin's arms.

"Oh, Haechan," Mark comments, the couple hurriedly pull apart as the door slams open for Jackson.

"Mark Zhan." Heeyoung growls at her friend, who innocently shrugs,

"You guys, if you're having a at least invite me." Jackson whines,

"There are four people in the room." Jaemin points out,

"Hope and Taehyung are the definition of platonic." Jackson deadpans,

"Jackson, your parents are coming over for dinner tonight, can I invite Sienna Cho?" Hope quirks an eyebrow at him,

"I'm sorry," Jackson tenses at the mention of his ex.

"I have to get to a meeting. I'll see you later." Hope waves.

Jaemin kisses her cheek before she leaves.

~

"What's it this time?" Mark asks, seated on the couch with Jackson and Hope while Taehyung is behind the camera.

"He doesn't want to go to MIT anymore." Hope sighs, slumping against Jackson, while he munches on chips.

"Isn't that his dream school?"

"Exactly. He's saying he'll be fine at Columbia or NYU." Hope frowns.

"Hey, I'm also considering NYU because you'll be at Juilliard." Taehyung says from behind the camera.

"You don't have a dream school, Taehyung. You haven't talked about MIT for years."

"Jaemin is clingy." Jackson comments,

"Not anymore. We're over. It's final this time."

The three boys straighten up,

"Are you serious?" Jackson asks. Hope nods.

"Won't it be awkward on your trip to Nashville?" Mark asks,

"I'll deal with it."

~

"What the fu*k are you doing?" Haechan's angry voice booms through the speaker, though the screen remains black.

"I'm trying to fix my camera." Taehyung gruffly responds,

"Let me help." Haechan sasses. A loud sound sounds and colors fill the projection screen.

"Boys." Bomi warns, seated beside the patient.

"How is she?" Eddy asks, shaking his head at Haechan and Taehyung.

"She's just resting. Aren't you, Hope? Trying to get her beauty sleep." Bomi softly whispers, running her fingers through the patient's hair.

"How's Jaemin?" Haechan clears his throat, subtly wiping his tears as he turns to Hana,

"It's selective amnesia. They want to keep him under observation, but he's demanding to be discharged." Hana tiredly sighs,

~

"Who's Jayden's favorite uncle?" Taehyung coos.

The infant wobbles over to him, causing Haechan and Eddy to frown.

"Mo-mi?" Jayden pouts at Taehyung,

"Mommy couldn't make it, but she'll come later," Haechan explains as Taehyung tenses up.

"He means-"

"Mo-mi," Jayden yells when Hope makes her way down the stairs,

"Good morning, baby. But I'm not Mommy, I'm Hope. Ho-o-pe." She settles Jayden on her hip,

"Da?" Jayden blinks, looking around the room.

"Who's Da?" Hana asks,

"da-da." Jayden chirps when Jaemin leaves his room without a shirt.

"Did baby eat?" Hope looks at Taehyung, but he shakes his head.

"What does baby want for breakfast?" Hope asks Jayden, heading to the kitchen with Jaemin behind them.

Leaning over Hope's shoulder, he presses a kiss on Jayden's head and another on Hope's temple.

"Does he always do that?" Haechan seethes, watching Jaemin hover around his cousin.

"How would he know? Taehyung's too busy flying around the world." Hana teases,

"They look like a cute family," Bomi observes Hope and Jaemin smoothly navigate around each other while still giving Jayden attention.

"They could marry and adopt Jayden." Hana voices,

"Marry? No way, Hope is too young for marriage." Haechan protests,

"Older brother, you need to start easing up." Bomi muses.

~

"He's not going to listen, Hope. Let him suffer through it." Taehyung tries to pull her back, but she refuses to listen and struts over to Jaemin and his partner, Camille.

"Why are you trying to cause problems between Jae and me?" Camille starts crying, thankfully the room is empty save for their close friends.

Hope remains quiet, letting Jaemin look through the pictures of Camel with another guy.

"They can be photo-shopped, baby." Camel cries, "What would I gain from risking our business alliance?"

Jaemin unconsciously pats her hand, trying to wrap the truth around his brain.

"Only commoners like her would use low-class methods," Camel states, unafraid with Jaemin by her side.

"This fu*king bi*ch." Hana looks ready to attack, but Eddy holds her back,

"Jaemin Kim, you're seriously choosing to believe this manipulative bi*ch over us?" Seol grows, understanding the hesitating actions of her best friend,

"Me? Isn't the commoner, the manipulative sl*t, she's convinced everyone I'm the villain and keeps trying to be the third party in Jae and my relationship?" Camel sobs. 

Hope silently stares at Jaemin for his thoughts,

"Hope, I trust you, but everyone knows you hate Cami-"

"So, I'll stoop low to break you up?" Hope asks him,

"I don't mean-"

"That's exactly what it sounds like to us." Hana cuts him with a scoff,

"I'm not sure if I'm disappointed in you or me?" Hope sadly chuckles

"Me too, Hope. I didn't expect you to use back-" A folder smacks him across the face,

"Jiara ran an internal audit in the company. We found many discrepancies within HR. Have fun looking over them." Hana sneers.

Hope hands her a USB on her way to the exit. 

"One last thing Jaemin Kim, I quit." Hope announces, without sparing Jaemin another glance she heads to the exit.

Jaemin hurries after her and grabs her arm, "Don't make impulsive decisions."

"Impulsive? I refuse to work with someone who doesn't trust me and someone who I know I shouldn't trust either." She yanks her hand away, "I wish you and your fiance a happy life together." She walks away.

~

"Jaemin, what's the point of all this? Why are you trying to rehash the past?" Hope is tired of relieving her suppressed memories,  

"Oh baby, we're right at the . The perfect revelation to this whole drama." Jaemin smirks, eyeing Jongin and her interlocked fingers,

~

Heeyoung has her face buried into Jongin's chest as they're standing in the middle of a columbarium.

The video is recorded secretly.

After the couple leaves, the recorder finds the niche with Heeyoung's picture. There are artificial white lilies spread around, and a small dove pendant hangs from the urn. The date etched on the plaque is three months after Bomi-Haechan's wedding.

They're stumped seeing the inscription Kim-Park on the plaque.

The screen darkens, and the lights turn on, momentarily blinding everyone.