Photoshoot

Trust, Let's Trust.

The morning after Heeyoung is confused waking up in her bed but she doesn't delve on it much, since she has bigger things to worry about, such as the pre-wedding photo shoot. Had they done this last week, she would have been fine, since there wasn't this tension around her fiance and her, nor was she constantly blushing around him. If her friends saw her, they would never let this go. She sighs, heading to get ready.

On her way to the kitchen, Heeyoung pauses at the sight of her brother, the Kim twins snuggled close together, while Sehun is spread across several mattresses. She can already smell the coffee, seeing Minseok at the machine, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are arguing while Yixing and Junmyeon watch on amused.

"Can I get you a cup?" Minseok asks Heeyoung,

"Yes, please." She replies, looking at Chanyeol for an explanation,

"We're debating on bacon or scrambled eggs with pancakes." Chanyeol grits,

"Why not both?" Chanyeol is only looking out for her, but she doesn't want others finding out her weakness.

"Thank you. I've been telling them the same thing, but these hard-headed idiots." Junmyeon huffs, joining Heeyoung by the sink.

"Oppa, why didn't you just listen to Junmyeon?" Heeyoung frowns at Chanyeol,

"Because I'm not enamored by his pretty face." Chanyeol mumbles as Kyungsoo pulls out a pack of bacon.

"Heeyoung and I can handle breakfast, why don't you guys clean up?" Chanyeol suggests, trying to push Yixing out of the kitchen.

"No thanks. Last time you 'cooked', you almost burned down my apartment." Minseok scoffs,

"It happened once, ages ago. Why are geezers always stuck in the past?" Chanyeol whines, the others stifling their laughter at Minseok's affronted expression. 

"I don't trust your cooking either and as the chef, my word goes." Kyungsoo declares, ignoring Chanyeol's overused wounded puppy look.

"But Channie Oppa is an amazing cook." Heeyoung states, seeing the unsure looks, she adds, "I've been to his cafe."

"He has a chef." Kyungsoo deadpans,

"I know, but he's personally cooked for me." Heeyoung informs them, "Trust me, he's an amazing cook, his kimchi fried rice ranks among my favorite top 5 meals and I've had meals cooked by Gordon Ramsay." 

"How about Chanyeol makes the scrambled eggs while Kyungsoo focuses on the bacon and I'll make the pancakes." Yixing steps in, ending all further arguments.

Heeyoung heads to the pantry, pulling Chanyeol with her.

"Sorry, Oppa. But I don't want unnecessary attention." She tells him, the taller frowns, unable to do anything other than being cautious.

"Okay."

"Let's make that." She suggests, "The Kimchi & Egg Danish."

"That'll take too long, getting the pastry and the-" Chanyeol asks,

"We have the ready-to-bake pastry." She tells him, pulling out the pastry from the freezer.

"I'll take over the eggs, while you work on this. Okay." The two split up their tasks, while Kyungsoo grills the bacon, meticulously.

Yixing and Kyungsoo are slightly confused watching Chanyeol work on his dish, but they keep quiet, wanting to see the end result.

By the time Chanyeol puts the tray into the oven, Heeyoung has already plated the scrambled eggs and is chatting with Yixing. The two find it quite easy to talk as they share a profound love for dancing. Heeyoung grew up learning ballet and contemporary while Yixing is more about street style. Yixing gives Heeyoung permission to get a private room at his studio if she ever wants.

~

Everyone gapes at the breakfast spread on the table, which includes pancakes, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon and Danish. 

"This is really good." Sehun praises, taking a bite of the kimchi Danish.

Heeyoung beams at Chanyeol, while Kyungsoo picks one up to try out himself.

"I agree. These are pretty decent. Good Job, Chan." Kyungsoo compliments, surprising the others,

"Chan hyung made these, no way." Jongdae yells as everyone hurries to try out Chanyeol's recipe.

"Good, right." Heeyoung asks, watching Baekhyun try one.

~

"We'll pick Jongin up after the photo shoot and leave directly from there." Jongdae says,

"Will I see you before the wedding?" Heeyoung asks Chanyeol, who gives her a sad smile,

"Are you going to celebrate your bachelorette party with your friends?" Yixing asks Heeyoung.

She responds with a shake of head,

"Why not?"

"I. They won't be able to make it." She tells them, seeing the suspicious looks on their face,

"I actually forgot to send them the invitations and by the time I noticed, it was already too late." She lies,

"If you get lonely, I can ask Jihyun to keep you company." Baekhyun suggests, missing the frown on Jongin's face,

"It's fine. If I get lonely, the Nam's are right across." She states,

"Okay. But if you change your mind, just give her a call." Baekhyun tells her, just as he gets a text alert.

His eyebrows furrow, reading over the message before looking between the engaged couple, just as Jongin gets a text himself.

"You have an interview with some magazine after your shoot." Baekhyun tells them,

"Interview?" Heeyoung ask, confused, "Hasn't the company refused all interviews?"

"BE did refuse, but KJC accepted." Jongin answers, "We've been getting negative feedback due to an article, PR is hoping a 'tell-all' interview would help."

"Tell-all? So, basically lie." Heeyoung bluntly says, earning a groan from her brother,

Jongin rolls his eyes, sighing as he looks around at his friends, "Help us come up with a decent and realistic story, please."

"Aww. He's saying please." Chanyeol teases, not even slightly afraid of Jongin's deadly glare,

"Oppa, we don't really need everyone here." Heeyoung deadpans,

Chanyeol scoffs, "You haven't even gotten married yet, and are defen-" Heeyoung stuffs a Danish into his mouth, cutting him off.

"Where were we?" She casually asks,

"Heeyoung, I don't feel like attending a funeral before my brother's wedding." Jongdae comments, grimacing at a choking Chanyeol,

"I'm not ready for prison either, I'm decent at the Heimlich maneuver, if needed." She states, 

"Let's start." Baekhyun stutters, handing Chanyeol a water bottle,

"Let's try to stick close to the truth, don't complicate more than it needs to." Minseok advises, seeing them ready to sprout elaborate stories.

Of course Minseok's words are ignored as several of the men are drama addicts and keep trying to implement certain drama plot lines.

"Kyungsoo, Jongin, Sehun and I were the F4 of our high school." Jongdae seriously states, Heeyoung gapes at him,

"I've lived abroad since childhood." Heeyoung informs him, "None of the high school plots would work."

"How about childhood friends? I'm sure you two must have met before you emigrated?" Chanyeol asks,

"That could work....."


As suggested by the photographer, the couple, more like the elders, agreed to an outdoor shoot in the forest, completely overlooking the fact it's close to freezing outside.

At their arrival, the couple is taken to different tents and given their first outfit. It's a casual style with Jongin dressed in a pale blue Tee tucked into dark jeans, along with a denim jacket, while Heeyoung is in a sky blue summer dress. This first set is supposed to represent the start of their relationship and the couple is asked to act as if it's their first date.

Their next set of outfits is slightly formal, Jongin sporting a white button up tucked into black slacks along with a red wine blazer and Heeyoung wears a gown matching her fiance's blazer. They're asked to be less awkward and much more touchy to symbolize them falling in love. Jongin earns praises with the way he gazes at his fiancee while Heeyoung finds herself blaming her make up and cold temperature for her blushing cheeks.

After their last wardrobe change, Jongin wears a tuxedo while Heeyoung dresses up in a white gown, not her wedding dress. The staff can't stop cooing at the couple, shyly smiling at each other when their eyes meet before quickly looking away. In fact, the photographer manages to get many candid shots of the couple simply staring at each other.

Their 3 hour photography session comes to an end with a final picture of the couple sharing a kiss.

~

Jongin is mid-change when a staff member leads the writer from the magazine inside his tent. Heeyoung walks in a few minutes after, the writer surprised at the CEO's bright smile towards his fiancee walking in.

"It's nice to meet you Ms.Byun Heeyoung. My name is Eric Yoon, I'll be interviewing you." Eric introduces, bowing at the lady.

"Nice to meet you as well. Please take care of my fiance and me." Heeyoung smiles, lightly squeezing Jongin's arm before taking her seat.

"Why don't we start with introductions?" Eric starts, he watches Heeyoung look over Jongin, asking him to go first. Jongin softly chuckles, pressing a kiss on Heeyoung's knuckles.

"Heeyoung, you're quite famous, yet not many people are aware of you. Why is that?" Eric asks,

"How contradictory." Heeyoung laughs, "I'm an extremely private person, but my marriage to the CEO of KJC me into the spotlight, unfortunately." The two men chuckle, while Jongin squeezes her hand. Of course, the writer notices all the subtle touches and looks.

"Well then, Who is Byun Heeyoung to CEO Kim?" The writer asks,

"Byun Heeyoung is a beautiful, kind-hearted and caring person for me and I'm extremely lucky to have her in my life and to call her my wife." Jongin looks at Heeyoung, causing her to blush, fondly rolling her eyes as if she's heard those words many times.

"So, what's the story of CEO Kim and Byun Heeyoung?" Eric asks, looking between the two,

"I'll let you answer this, darling." Jongin winks at his fiancee, who scrunches her nose at him,

"My fiance and older brother, Baekhyun are close friends. That's how we meet and started getting to know each other." Heeyoung says, while Eric looks somewhat disappointed at the answer,

"How did you first meet?" He quickly follows up,

"Correct me, if I'm wrong but our first meeting was at a party, an engagement party?" Heeyoung looks at Jongin,

"It was." Jongin smirks,

"And?" Eric asks,

"Baekhyun introduced us during the party. From there, we started talking as friends first, before our feelings developed further and here we are, now." Heeyoung says,

"It wasn't as simple as you're making it out to be." Eric states, pointedly looking over at Jongin,

"You're right it wasn't as simple, I-" Jongin starts,

"It wasn't, but we've chosen to move on from the past, as we've come out stronger." Heeyoung calmly says, shaking her head at Jongin,

"It's better to clarify, babe." Jongin pats her hand, trying to assure her before turning to the writer, "We went through a rough phase in our relationship and chose to break up to give each other space and time. I don't regret the breaking up as we both needed it, however I do regret my actions during that time." Jongin sighs, "I'm still apolog-"

"Stop beating yourself over something that happened in the past." Heeyoung cups his cheek, internally sighing and making a mental note to send Baekhyun and Kyungsoo gifts as the two reminded them about the tabloids. Of course the couple themselves needs to be thanked for their praiseworthy acting skills.

"Let's move on to who confessed first?" Eric clears his throat, surprising the couple with an unexpected question,  

"We didn't need words to realize our feelings for each other, so technically no one." Heeyoung answers,

"How did Mr.Kim propose?" Eric asks,

"He cooked me my favorite meal and asked me." Heeyoung dazes off, as if she's recalling the memory.

"What about Ms.Byun has the most eligible bachelor in the country falling for her?" Eric looks at Jongin,

Jongin pauses to think over the answer for a couple minutes, before softly smiling at Heeyoung, "She's one of the most caring people I've met. Not only does she take care of me, but also my family and friends. She's genuinely kind and selfless. I love how she understands me without me needing to say anything." 

"What about Ms.Byun?"

"His eyes. They're absolutely breathtaking. His eyes give away all his feelings, however, it's something he only does with me, making himself vulnerable and easy to read. The love he has for his family and friends makes him quite attractive along with his personality. It compliments mine, really well. I'm somewhat impulsive and blunt while Jongin is calmer and straightforward. While I rush into things, he keeps a level head and makes decisions after considering different aspects." Heeyoung smugly smiles, recognizing the surprised look on her fiance's face, "That's why I didn't hesitate to say Yes, knowing he must have thought over the proposal for a long time, before popping the question." Heeyoung chuckles.

"I didn't. Marrying you was the easiest decision I made." Jongin quickly says, resulting in Heeyoung blushing, even though they both know, his words are nowhere near true.

"I'm still here." Eric teases the couple staring at each other,

"This is completely off-topic but many people are curious as to why you're the heir to Byun Enterprises, and not VP Byun Baekhyun?"

Jongin tries not to wince as Heeyoung tightly squeezes his hand and the smile on her face changing into a professional smile,

"Does it matter?" Heeyoung calmly asks, 

"E-excuse me?" Eric stutters at the unexpected response,

"Our shareholders and investors aren't picky about who's running the company as long as they get the best results."

"Of course, I apologize if I upset you, I'm just curious as to why you're the better choice, seeing as we haven't heard any of your achievements?" Eric carefully asks,

"I dislike being compared, so I have my achievements kept private. As to why I'm the better choice, you would have to ask the Chairman, as he chose to pass the mantle to me." Heeyoung says,

"Mr. Yoon, I'm sure you have enough for your article." Jongin coughs, "Thank you for meeting with us out here and sorry if we inconvenienced you. Have a safe trip back to the city." Jongin shakes his hand. He pulls Heeyoung up from her seat and out the tent, not giving her a chance to properly greet the writer good-bye, but she's glad to get away from the tense atmosphere.

"JONG." They hear a loud yell, exiting the tent. They see Jongin's friend parked next to Heeyoung's car.

"I'll see you soon. Take care of yourself." Baekhyun gives her a tight hug, before he's pushed away by Sehun,

"Be careful and if you find yourself in trouble, call my uncle." Sehun says, referring to the City Police Chief.

Chanyeol pulls her for a hug as well, before he's dragged away by Sehun, as Jongin and Heeyoung face each other.

"Have a fun trip." Heeyoung says, frowning as she looks at his friends watching them, some going as far as hanging their heads out the windows.

"I'll try my best and you should try to enjoy your break as well. Don't spend all your time working." Jongin tells her. She chuckles, nodding her head and waving him towards his friends.

"Understood, CEO Kim. Enjoy and stay safe." Heeyoung yells at the others, before getting into her car. The men wait for her to drive off, before they set out for their destination.


After stopping by Chanyeol's cafe for a quick lunch, she heads home. Her first task is to deep clean the kitchen and handing the leftover raw meat over to her neighbor.

Not wanting to dirty her kitchen after hours of cleaning, she treats herself with pizza and wine while binging on her dramas. She keeps watching until after midnight, falling asleep in the living room, since she was too lazy to walk back to her room.

After a quick breakfast, she's back to binge watching. She's on the second last episode of her drama, when her step-mother calls to remind her, she needs to spend the night at the hotel considering the bride needs to wake up before sunrise to get ready as they've scheduled a photo shoot in the morning before the ceremony.

Close to dinner time, her step-mother sends someone to drive her to the hotel. She sees Mrs. Kim with her step-mother, the two ladies animatedly chatting at the reception desk. The two ladies smile at Heeyoung when she walks into the lobby with her suitcase.

"Heeyoung, I've already got your key." Her step-mother says, passing the key over to her.

"Make sure you're well-rested for tomorrow. I'm excited already." Mrs. Kim bounces, looking over Mrs. Byun, who voices her excitement as well,

"I can't wait to call you my daughter." Mrs. Kim whispers hugging Heeyoung good-bye.

Heeyoung frowns, looking at her to-be mother-in-law's back, but she doesn't get to think much on it when her step-mother starts pulling her towards her room. Throughout the walk, the lady chirps over the decorations and details of the wedding hall, trying to get the bride excited over her wedding, but seeing Heeyoung's blank face, she can't help but sigh.

"We'll be having dinner in an hour. I've arranged an outfit for you." The elder informs her, following Heeyoung into her room,

Heeyoung sets her bag by the couch, "Would it be okay if I don't come? I'm not really up for social interactions."

The elder is slightly disappointed, knowing her husband was looking forward to having a meal with Heeyoung. "Of course. Just don't skip out on dinner."  

"I won't." Heeyoung gives her a small smile,

"We're a couple rooms away from you, if you need anything." Her step-mother tells her,

"Okay. Thank you and have a good night." Heeyoung bids, seeing the lady to the door.

She takes a deep breath and leans against the shut door, looking around the seating area. Her eyes land on the long garment bag hanging on the clothes rack beside the side sofa. She can't see the contents inside, but she knows it's her wedding gown. 

She exhales once again, before walking past the seating area and into the bedroom. The minute she has her headphones on, she finds herself in dreamland.


Though she slept early, Heeyoung grumbles at being shaken awake and seeing it still dark outside.

"Go shower." Someone pulls her off the bed and pushes her inside the bathroom,

The minute she's out of the bathroom, everyone seems to descend on her from the hair stylists to the make artists and the photographers. Her hair and make-up take close to an hour and a half, before she slips on her wedding gown. Of course, the gown would be a perfect fit, seeing as it's designed just for her by her close friend. It's a beautiful, backless, off-white, halter lace dress. Though her friends aren't with her, they've managed to include reminders of themselves in her outfits. Her veil holder, the anklet, her shoes and her jewelry are gifts from the people closest to her heart.

The stylists are working on the train, when she gets the chance to check on her notifications, having heard several incoming notifications.

check the note. ~ B.Song. 5:43am

not with me. ~ H. Park. 5:59am

[video attached] ~ B.Song. 6:03am

[image attached] ~ H. Park 6:10am

i miss you too and love you. ~ H.Park 6:10am

~

are you ready? where are you? ~ Chanyeol. 4:24am.

I was woken up at 4am. :(  Heading to the indoor garden for pics. ~ Heeyoung 6:02am


They manage to get decent shots when the sun is starting to shine bright outside. The main set has been set-up in the outside garden, but Heeyoung is watching the glass doors.

"Oppa." She beams, waving at the two finely dressed men. The shorter of the two reaches her first, pulling her for a tight hug, unaware of the photographer capturing the moments. The taller steps forward to pull his friend off the bride as she looks a little breathless from the tight grip of the shorter.

"You look gorgeous." Chanyeol comments, looking over her outfit, "Seol did a wonderful job."

"She did." Heeyoung beams,

A loud cry pulls their attention towards a sobbing Baekhyun wiping his face, "My baby sister is getting married." Chanyeol and Heeyoung give him a weird look,

"Where's our bride?" Baekhyun's mother walks in, pausing at the sight of her sons, "Oh, my handsome sons, what are you doing here?" She asks, as her son gives her a hug,

"Mom looks extra beautiful today." Chanyeol praises, hugging the much shorter lady, "We're here to meet the bride and hopefully sneak in a few pictures."

"That can be arranged." Mrs. Byun nods, urging the trio outside.

After taking a few pictures with the trio, Mrs. Byun leaves them to go search for her husband. The photographer snaps many candid shots of the bride, thanks to the two men.

Baekhyun is smacking Chanyeol with a bunch of flowers, while Heeyoung watches on amused when Mrs.Byun returns with her husband. Noticing the elder headed towards her, Heeyoung side-steps him to stand beside Chanyeol.

"Since it's the family photo, Chanyeol-" The photographer starts,

"He is family." Heeyoung states, surprising the Byuns with her fierce tone as she loops her arm with Chanyeol and looks at the photographer.


"Did you have any trouble getting to the hotel?" Chanyeol asks, after sending everyone out of the bride's waiting room.

"Huh," Heeyoung is confused at the question, "No. Boyeon aunty had someone pick me up."

"That's good." Chanyeol nods,

"I can't stand anymore of those fake kiss-as*es." Heeyoung complains,

"It'll be over soon." Chaneyol gives her a sympathetic smile,

"I can't wait for this day to be over."  Heeyoung says,

"Ohh, really." Jongdae's smug voice rings through the room, the duo looking to see the groom and his friends.

Heeyoung ignores Jongdae, to ogle the men looking absolutely handsome in their suits. Her eyes stay on Jongin a little longer as her groom is decked out in a black and white tuxedo with a boutonniere matching her bouquet, while the rest of the men have a single white rose attached to their lapel.

"You're a second from drooling." Chanyeol nudges the bride,

Unexpectedly, Chanyeol is the only one to notice her actions, because the others are focused on Jongin. He's frozen on the threshold, unblinking eyes set on the bride.

"Our Heeyoung looks like a goddess." Sehun exaggerates, pulling Heeyoung into his arms. Jongin is snapped out by Kyungsoo with a quick smack.

"Sehun's right." Jongin whispers to the bride. The couple lost in their own world as the photographer re-enters the room.

"Where's Junmyeon?" Heeyoung finally asks, noting the dentist's absence.

Jongin slightly frowns.

"He's greeting the guests." Jongdae informs her,

"Shouldn't you be there?" Kyungsoo asks the younger,

"I should, but I didn't want to, so Jun agreed to switch with me."

Jongin mentally commends his brother on a task well done.

"Junmyeon is quite admirable." Heeyoung muses to herself.

~

They're switching through poses when a knock sounds and a young male is leaning against the door.

The bride springs to her feet, "Youngjae Choi." She runs to hug the male.

"Princess." He beams, catching and picking her up.

"I thought your family didn't get along?" Sehun discreetly asks Baekhyun, who can only shrug.

"You fu*king liar!!! You said you couldn't make it." Heeyoung smacks Youngjae's arm.

"I couldn't, but the other side postponed and cleared up my schedule." Her cousin explains,

"Will you stay for the reception?" Heeyoung asks, but the male shakes his head.

"The groom?" Youngjae looks over the male, scrutinizing each and everyone of them.

"Black tux." Heeyoung says,

"CEO Kim, It's nice to meet you." Youngjae greets,

"Same here, President Choi." Jongin greets,

Youngjae faces Heeyoung, "The Byun siblings apologize and compensate their absence with gifts, but Jungha...." He shakes his head.

"She's busy with her Ph.D. Don't make her seem heartless." Heeyoung scolds,

"I need to greet the elders. Call me, if you need anything." Youngjae instructs before leaving.

Soon after someone else walks into the room.