Boyfriend

Trust, Let's Trust.

"What's on your mind?" Jongin asks, pulling Heeyoung into his lap.

"I'm debating my entire existence." Heeyoung deadpans, causing Jongin to chuckle as she wraps her arms around his waist and rests her head on his chest as they two watch over a sleeping Jihan.

"Seol and I weren't too close but we got along well. Her words are making me contemplate if she ever even saw me as a friend or just someone who shared her friend group." She sighs as he rubs her back.

"Do you need to talk to Taehyung?" Jongin suggests, knowing while he can't discuss the matter with her, Taehyung can.

"Later." Hope sighs, pulling her legs to her chest and burrowing herself into her boyfriend's embrace.


"Am I heartless?" Hope wonders, glancing over at her best friend.

"You and I both know the answer to that." Taehyung gives her a soft smile.

"Then why would Seol say that?" Hope asks, genuinely confused.

Taehyung sighs, knowing what he's about to tell her will shock her, "Because Seol has liked Jaemin for more than half her life."

"What?"

"Jaemin is her first crush." Taehyung informs her,

"Did you know?"

"Hmm, Did I know my friend whom I liked, was crushing on my other friend, who happened to be in love with my best friend. Who also liked him?" Taehyung teases, 

"Seriously?"

"Unlike Jaemin and you, who had everyone guessing about your feelings. We could guess Seol loved Jaemin. After the accident, Seol attempted to confess her feelings to Jaemin. However, he didn't take her words seriously and assumed him nearly dying caused that reaction and clarified that he would never fall in love with Seol, because he saw her as family."

Hope loudly gasps, but Taehyung smirks. "And of course, me, an idiotic teenager decides to be a hero and tried to comfort my heart broken crush. Things got a little heated, but before anything happen, Seol balked and let me know, there would never be a future for us. I guess that's around the time, I started pushing my limit and started getting closer..."  The smirk on his face falls,

"I'm sorry." Hope rushes to his side to hug him.

"Seol is wrong, Hope. You're not heartless. The reason you remain detached, is because you feel too deeply. You had met me only a couple of times, before you dragged me to the hospital and demanded my oncologist screen you as a potential bone marrow donor for me. When the adults were treating the matter as a cute joke, you threw a tantrum to let you help your 'bestest friend in the world'." Taehyung jokes, 

"God, I was a menace." They laugh, but then Hope nudges him, "We matched though, didn't we."

"Thank god for that." Taehyung is still grateful, because the chances of two unrelated individuals sharing the same HLA gene is quite rare and yet, among the millions, he found his Hope.

"What should I do with Seol?" Hope asks,

"I don't know." Taehyung sighs.


After a long day of meetings and running around the city, Jongin returns home to a very familiar scene of Heeyoung's shoes carelessly tossed beside the shoe cabinet. He takes the time to straighten the shoes when he's hit with another familiar aroma and his eyes water. Taking a few minutes to compose himself, he makes his way inside and pauses at the sight of Heeyoung moving around the kitchen with Jihan propped on her hip. 

Noticing Jongin at the door, Heeyoung beams, "Your night job is here."

"How are you today, Jihan?" Jongin kisses his head, and then presses one on Heeyoung's forehead and her lips. Jihan does not like that and smacks Jongin's cheek.

Jongin laughs at the baby's antics, while Hope playfully glares at him, "How rude! He was mine, before he was yours."

"I don't think he's jealous over me, love." Jongin teases, pressing a long kiss on her cheek, which causes Jihan to screech at Jongin.

"I like his kisses. Don't stop him, or I'll put you in the bouncer." Hope threatens, demanding another kiss from her boyfriend.

"Go get changed, dinner will be ready by then." She tells him,

"Alright. I'll bring the soup to the table, don't move it." He tells her, running off to get changed.

~

"The nanny dropped Jihan off an hour ago, saying it was time for her to get off work." Hope feeds Jongin, while he feeds Jihan. "I called his mother, but she's stuck at work and doesn't know when she'll be able to get off. Her surgery might take hours. I told her if she's not done before midnight, then just text us first and if we don't respond, let him continue sleeping here."

"You're fine with that?" Jongin asks, knowing she's still somewhat nervous around Jihan.

"What other option is there?" Hope asks, watching Jongin drop Jihan into the playpen he's set up in the living room.

"You don't have to stay here, if you're not comfortable." He tells her, picking up his chopsticks.

Heeyoung snorts as if the idea of her leaving is ridiculous, "I'm not leaving the two of you to bond without me. Who knows, if that little menace will let me touch you the next time we see him." She teases.

Jongin loudly laughs, pressing a kiss on her cheek, "I love you."

"I love you." Heeyoung beams, leaning for another kiss, but a loud screech from Jihan has them looking over. Jihan is glaring at them asking them why neither of them are paying him any attention.

"He's mine." Hope teases, climbing into Jongin's lap and pressing kisses all over his face and neck, resulting in Jihan letting out a war cry before he bursts into tears.

"Such a baby." Hope rolls her eyes, though she quickly picks him up and calms him down, while Jongin watches them.

~

After putting Jihan to sleep, Jongin climbs into bed and pulls Heeyoung into his arms.

"Jongin." Heeyoung asks, unconsciously drawing circles on his chest as Jongin sleeps without a shirt.

"Huh."

"Are you aware of my previous relationship with Jaemin?" She carefully asks, keeping her eyes on his expressions. 

"I am. You told about it." He answers,

"Oh."

"What's wrong?" He asks,

"I don't know. I'm glad you know, but I still can't remember what I know." She frowns,

Jongin tightens his arms around her, "If you try to force yourself to remember, your memories might never come back."


"You're Jaemin's cousin." Hope blurts over breakfast.

Jongin gives her a confused look, before turning his attention to feeding Jihan.

"Did you know I was Jaemin's ex when we started dating?" Hope asks,

"No. I knew you had an ex whom would be a part of our future, but I didn't have a name to face. I was curious, but you had your reasons and I knew your relationship was complicated. And then when I found out the guy who broke your heart was my cousin. Knowing he was someone you once planned to spend your life with, realizing if it hadn't been for one accident, you would have always been his. The thought that I would have never gotten to know you or fallen in love with you, saddens me. I can't imagine my life without you, Heeyoung. I love you. And sometimes, I'm terrified by the fact that Jaemin could steal you away from me, he will always be your first love and I'm scared of losing you." Jongin keeps his eyes on Jihan, afraid to even look at her.

"You..." Heeyoung sniffs, hurrying to her feet and wrapping her arms around Jongin from behind, she buries her head into his neck. "I love you. I love you so much. I'm sorry I caused you to feel that way. You make me so happy and you're so freaking perfect. I'm scared you'll realize you can do much better than me. I'm also scared of losing you, Jongin." She confesses.

Jongin startles, feeling the wetness on his shoulder and neck and carefully pulls Heeyoung into his lap. She refuses to look at him and keeps her head buried into his chest.

"I love you." Jongin kisses her head. Jihan quietly watches the couple without any interruptions as he's finally able to get his hands on his breakfast and goes crazy.


"Hope." Seol calls walking into her office with a drink and pastry box from Hope favorite cafe.

"Seol." Hope greets,

"I'm here to apologize. I don't know why I said those words, because even I don't believe they're true. I'm truly sorry, Hope." Seol says,

Hope nods, "Okay."

"I'll see you around." Seol takes the hint and backs off.

"Drive safe." Hope bids, before turning back to her work.

Once Seol leaves, Hope glances at the drink and pastry box and turns back to work.


"I don't think it's right to go public with this information so soon." A middle-aged male speaks up, earning nods from everyone in the room.

"I agree. Our focus needs to be on The Project." Haejin agrees with his youngest uncle Aydin, glancing over at Heeyoung, who hasn't stopped smiling.

Aeyoung Park doesn't look pleased, but everyone else is relieved for Heeyoung. Even if Heeyoung doesn't remember, the others remember her efforts, her sacrifices and the things she's lost to achieve her goal.

Aeyoung tries to get her daughter's attention, but she ignored as Hyungshik drags Heeyoung away as soon as the meeting ends.

"They're on a completely different level from us." Aydin sighs, watching his nephews exit the conference room.

"Of course. How does one think of things like these?" Aeyoung points at the outline of the next steps in regards to the Byun Enterprises takeover.

"They're definitely bold." Aydin acknowledges,

Seeing the disappointment on his younger sister's face, Aydin sighs, "I know I don't have the right to speak about your family but Aeyoung, even I know about your daughter's struggle. Let her vent, she's not harming anyone innocent." He advices on his way out.


"Where's the fire?" Hope teases, as Hyungshik drags her out of the conference room and to the garage,

"Where are they?" Hyungshik asks angrily, he seems minute away from exploding.

"Who?" Hope is confused,

"I'm being serious here, Hope." Hyungshik growls, pacing in front of his car while Heeyoung curiously watches him.

"So am I, Oppa. I don't know what you mean?" Hope clarifies,

"You..." Hyungshik yells, frustrated as he stomps to his car and drives off without another word.

"What just happened?" Hope looks around the empty garage, shaking her head and heading over to her car.


"Why do you have him again?" Not even a foot inside his office and he has to face Oh Sehun's sass,

"His surgeon mother is out saving lives, while his nanny is MIA." Jongin says, setting the diaper bag on the coffee table, while carefully setting the car seat down as Jihan is napping. In the month, he's known Jihan, Jongin has learned the fastest way to put Jihan to sleep is by turning on a movie, the same method to put his wife to sleep.

"You know," Sehun starts, "He could pass of as your mini-me." 

"Oh Sehun," Jongin sighs, wanting to put an end to this topic as it simply reminds him of his baby.

Before he can say anything, Sehun is pulling out something from his backpack, "I may have borrowed your baby albums."

He flips to a random page and grabs the photo and holds it up against the napping baby.

"Nini, come here."

"Don't call me that." Jongin groans at the nickname, but follows his best friend's instructions,

Sehun has him hold the picture and moves his face close to Jihan and steps back to take a picture.

"What are you doing?"

Sehun ignores Jongin's complains and flips through a few more pictures of a sleeping Jihan, Jongin and his baby picture. He repeats the process a few times until he's satisfied and shares the pictures in their group chat and asks for their friends opinions.

"Come here." Sehun drags Jongin beside him, to add to the ongoing discussion.

~

Yah! Jong, You better not have cheated on my sister. ~ byunbaek 13:21

Are you sure you don't know Jihan's mother? ~ baristayeol 13:21

mom will be the first to kill you ~ dae1 13:22

Followed by Heeyoung's friends and family. ~ ChefDoh 13.24

Don't forget her brothers!!!!!!!! ~ minpsych 13:25

i would be vary of her friends. remember Minsup, he was hospitalized for over a month after Jaemin beat him up. ~ lawyermaknae 13:27

from my intel, Eddy is known to injure his victims without leaving any visible marks..... ~ unicornxing 13:27

good luck jong! ~ minpsych 13:35

good luck jong! ~ juncotton 13:35

ill try to stop Eddy. ~ unicornxing 13:36

ill be watching you. ~ byunbaek 13:36

ill watch over you ~ baristayeol 13:36

I pray you don't suffer much ~ ChefDoh 13:37

im glad we don't feel each others pain. good luck hyung!!!! haha!!!!!!!! ~ dae 1 13:37

youre on your own. peace. ~ lawyermaknae 13:38

you all. i've never looked at another woman after meeting my Heeyoung. ~ ceokim 13:38

~

"What're you doing?" Hope asks, surprising the two hunched over their phones, 

"Nothing." They both quickly deny,

"Okay, totally not suspicious." Hope teases, checking over the still napping Jihan and dropping a kiss on his forehead while setting a huge lunch box on the table.

"Nice!" Sehun cheers, helping her set the table.

"You're welcome." Hope says, passing over the utensils while the two men spread out the food.

Though before they can get started, Jihan wakes up with a startled cry. The couple share a look and Jongin heads to the bathroom to change Jihan, while Hope prepares Jihan's bottle and meal.

During lunch, Jongin feeds Jihan and Heeyoung feeds Jongin.

Sehun looks over them with a sad smile, shaking his head and focusing on the food.

"What?" Hope notices his reaction,

"Jongin and you work quite well together." Sehun nods, sharing a look with his best friend.

"We're perfect together, aren't we!" Hope jokes, winking at her boyfriend.


"Hope!" Surprised Yiming loudly calls as they're gathering around the entrance of the hotel,

"Hey," Hope nods, greeting everyone though they're still surprised at her now lilac colored hair.

"Nice change." Seungwan comments, earning a small smile which transforms to a wider smile at the sight of the male walking towards her,

"Little Flower." The male greets, extending his arm towards her,

"Sunshine Boy!" Hope wraps her arm around his, "I'll see you guys inside."

"Heeyoung does know all the handsome ones!" Seungwan and Yiming nod, ignoring the irritated look on their husband's faces.

~

"Isn't that Dylan Xiong?" Hyeri questions, once they're all seated at their table.

"Where?" Sera pops up behind them with Jackson.

Yiming easily points him out, and the couple makes their way to them,

"I forgot to ask, but what's going on?" Yiming asks her husband,

"The announcement of the Common Ground Project," The President of Doh Groups, Doh Hyeri answers,

"Park Holdings is the biggest contributor but they're collaborating with other corporations. I wonder if the Xiong's are one of them." Vice President of LiLee Groups, Lee Jihyun adds,

"I've asked this before, but what's your wife's true identity?" Jihyun asks Jongin, watching Heeyoung casually greet executives and elders from prestigious families. Families on a much higher scale than most people.

~

"Where's Hope?" Jaemin searches around the massive ballroom,

"I think I saw her headed towards the balcony." Bomi points,

Jaemin turns away without another word, failing to notice the frown on Seol's face, "She's not there."

"What?" Bomi asks,

"Hope went to the restroom," Seol corrects her,

Bomi simply shrugs, knowing two minutes after Hope left, Jongin followed her out.

Seol makes to follow behind Jaemin, but Junmyeon stops her. "He'll be back once he doesn't find Heeyoung."

"But-"

"She's not there." Jaemin plops down beside Seol, "She's probably with Taehyung."

"Most likely." The others quickly agree,

"Where's Maya?" Seol asks Jaemin about his date for the night,

"With her friends." Jaemin pauses, catching sight of something, "Jongin..." he mumbles, observing his cousin's table.

"I'll be right back." He takes off, and Seol hurriedly follows after him.

Hana and Bomi turn to Junmyeon, while Eddy and Haechan keep their eyes on Jaemin.

"Oppa-" Hana starts, but Junmyeon shakes his head and heads to join his friends.

"Were we ever drama free?" Bomi wonders,

Hana scoffs, "With those four around, Never."

"Let's cut them off." Haechan jokes, if Bomi asks, he would cut everyone but Hope off.

"Don't let your sister hear, or I'm scared you be the one cut out." Bomi warns, playfully.

~

"Your place or mine?" Hope has an amused Jongin pinned to the wall,

Jongin wraps his arms around her waist to pull her close, "Your place," He presses a kiss on her jaw, trailing kisses down her neck.

"Why? Hiding another girlfriend?" Hope teases, gripping onto his neck,

The couple are hidden in an alcove away from the ballroom, thus they don't have to worry about controlling themselves or attracting negative attention.

"Hope!" Jongin tries to pull away, but Hope doesn't let him. Using the grip on his neck, she pulls him closer.

"Hope Park!" Taehyung physically pulls them apart, using his handkerchief to wipe the lipstick smudges on his best friend's mouth.

"What-" Taehyung hushes her and shoves Jongin out of sight, just as Jaemin rounds the corner followed by a frustrated Seol.

"I've been looking for you." Jaemin directs the statement towards Hope as he scans the empty area,

"What's up?" Hope asks, glancing at her best friend,

"I'm searching for my cousin, Jongin. Have you seen him?" Jaemin asks,

"Yeah-"

"We saw him head outside." Taehyung smoothly cuts Hope off,

Jaemin stares at Taehyung for a few minutes, before looking at Hope.

"Are you ready to head inside?" Jaemin asks Hope, 

Taehyung steps between them, "We're discussing something."

"Dinner will be served soon, don't take too long." Jaemin tells them and heads back inside with Seol.

Once Taehyung is sure the coast is clear, he turns to his best friend, "Jaemin will not approve of Jongin. You want to take the chance of Jaemin causing a scene at a formal event? Let's not mention the damage it'll cause the project, but will the other executives choose to offend Jaemin by working with KJC in the future?" Taehyung logically points out, causing Hope to look a little ashamed as Jongin steps out from the alcove.

"I'm sorry. I should've been more careful." Hope apologizes to her boyfriend and best friend.

"I don't know if I can go back inside." Hope slumps against Jongin, but she knows she can't leave.

"I'll see you tonight." Jongin promises, leaving her with a kiss on her forehead.

Taehyung wraps his arm around her shoulder as the two silently watch Jongin head back to the ballroom and five minutes later, they walk back inside.


"Did you find out?" The young lady asks, though her eyes remain on the pictures of a certain group of people pinned to the walls,

"They lost their memories, neither remembers the attack," The middle-aged male informs her, leaning against the table crowded with pictures of Heeyoung and Jongin.

"They're still together. She doesn't have her memories, but he's still with her." The lady scoffs, glaring at a picture of Heeyoung and Jongin kissing in an underground garage.

"After everything, they're still together." The lady yells, sweeping everything off the desk in anger,

The male lets her vent, amusedly watch her tear the pictures of the couple.

"I want her gone. I don't care how, she needs to die. Byun Heeyoung needs to die." She keeps yelling.

"It's too risky. We can barely follow her around as it is, if you try to harm her, we'll be done. I warned you not to trust anyone else, but you were blind and messed up our plan." The male states,

"Should I have watched them live happily? Impossible." The lady screeches, however the male refuses to deal with her any longer and leaves her raging and mumbling about Heeyoung and Jongin.