Alliance

Trust, Let's Trust.

At a hidden corner of a club,

"Is the Byun family hiding her? I've searched for her SNS accounts, but didn't find anything." Sehun asks Baekhyun, who does his best to appear nonchalant,

"She is your sister?" Jongdae slyly asks,

"Of course. Heeyoung studies abroad and rarely comes back." Baekhyun states, "As for SNS, she's a private person."

"Aren't you slightly curious about the future Mrs. Kim?" Junmyeon nudges his cousin,

"Not really," Jongin shrugs, scanning around the dance floor,

"Do you have a picture or something?" Yixing interrupts at the flash of anger from Baekhyun,

Sehun perks up, nudging Baekhyun, the older rolls his eyes, scrolling through his phone for a couple of minutes. He hands the phone to Sehun, who lowly whistles,

"This is a child." Sehun deadpans, looking between Baekhyun and the picture,

"I don't have any recent pictures. She should be around 18 there." Baekhyun clarifies,

"Speaking of, How old is she?" Kyungsoo asks Baekhyun,

"Three years younger than me."

"Why don't you set up a meeting between them?" Minseok asks, pointing towards Jongin,

"Heeyoung is a little shy. She asked for a little time." Baekhyun clears his throat, trying to move on from the topic. The taller male seated beside Baekhyun humorlessly chuckles, knowing the 'future Mrs.Kim' has been evading her family. Baekhyun has yet to meet her, so how does Jongin stand a chance.

"I would rather we didn't. I want to enjoy the last of my freedom." Jongin says, downing his drink and heading out the private booth.

"Is he serious?" Chanyeol frowns, watching Jongin weave his way through the crowd to his target of the night.

"If he keeps this up, I'll stop this fu*king wedding." Baekhyun fumes, turning away as a tall woman throws her arms around Jongin's shoulders and attacks his lips,

"He'll stop." Minseok sighs as Jongin subtly winks at them, dragging his partner towards the exit.

"And if he doesn't?" Chanyeol questions,

"He will." Sehun assures,

"Jongin does have respect for marriage and he'll finally get grandfather's shares pushing him on the path to Chairman. Too much effort and time has been used for him to risk ruining things in the end." Jongdae reasons,

"He can have all the fun he wants until they announce the engagement at the end of the week." Baekhyun states, sighing as he focuses on his drink.


Present day,

"Excuse me?" A man calls out, hurrying after the lady.

"Heeyoung?" He warily calls, but the lady doesn't stop,

"Heeyoung Park." The male yells, causing the people around them to pause before they move on, however, the called lady is looking at him.

"Yes." She asks, removing her headphones as the male walks up to her,

"You left this at the cafe." He holds out her wallet,

"Thank you." She smiles, calmly taking her wallet, and heading off to her destination.

The male scratches his head at the interaction as many people would be frantic at losing their wallet, but she was calm despite misplacing a wallet that costs two months of his salary. He shakes his head before walking to his own destination.

Even with her headphones, she's now aware of the male following her back even as she gets closer to her work building. She doesn't want to make premature assumptions, but when the male follows her into the building she turns to confront him. However, the male is already alert, holding out his work ID, similar to the one hung around her neck.

She's quick to apologize, letting him enter the elevator first while she sticks to the back corner. She's confused seeing him press the button to her floor.

"Nam Minhyuk, Assistant manager." He introduces, seeing her confused look,

"You joined a few weeks after me." He tries to start a conversation, wincing as he realizes his informal tone,

"I prefer being casual with my work mates. I apologize for making you uncomfortable." He slightly bows,

"Please don't. You're the senior, it's fine to be informal." She tells him,

As the elevator stops, she turns to him, "Thank you for returning my wallet. Let me treat you to lunch or coffee." She slightly bows before walking away.


A loud ringtone breaks the calm of the office, startling the owner, but seeing it's from an unknown number, the call is declined and the phone is set on silence.

Finishing up the report, she checks her phone, only to see several missed calls and texts from the same number. As she's contemplating calling the number back, she receives another call, picking up.

"Heeyoung." A squeal sounds,

"Yes?" She asks,

"Where are you? You needed to be here an hour ago." Heeyoung recognizes the soft voice of her step-mother, frowning as she glances at her calendar and clock,

"I'm currently at work, but I'll be there soon." She calmly replies, though her actions suggest she's not worried about making it to the event on time.

"Your father is worried, please hurry." Her step-mother says, not seeing the look of absolute disdain on her step-daughter's face,

"I'm not going to run away again. I'm late because I need to finish a report for his company." Heeyoung sneers, hanging up.


There's a long line of cars when Heeyoung strolls into the lobby, not worried about the weird looks she receives from the grandly dressed women. Her step-mother had texted her the room number, so she heads straight for the elevators.

"The bride is here." Her step-mother announces, dragging Heeyoung into the room, where a team of stylists and artists are waiting for her.

The only thing Heeyoung requests is light make-up due to her sensitive skin.

As the final touches are made to her look, her father walks in. The older male freezes while tears line his eyes.

"My little princess, you look gorgeous." Her father cries, pulling his stunned daughter for a hug.

As her father puts on his doting act, Heeyoung restrains from pulling away from the unfamiliar affection, but with reminders of her end goal, she manages to stick to her role of being the cherished older daughter.

~

While the bride gets ready, the groom mingles with his guests, trying to hurry though with the greetings and finally getting to drop the fake smile.

He's talking to one of the older directors of his company when his brother's voice reaches him. 

"Congrats, bro." Sehun cheers, not caring for the others gathered around as he simply drags Jongin to their friends.

Jongin rolls his eyes, scanning around the room for any signs of his fiancee, but the frown on his face intensifies at the familiar face heading towards their circle.

"Baek." A soft voice calls, an arm wraps around Baekhyun's arm as a beautiful brunette joins them,

"You made it." Baekhyun cheers, hugging his fiancee, oblivious to the glares they receive from certain members of the group.

Sehun takes the initiative to distract by asking, "Where's Heeyoung?"

"Shouldn't she be here by now?" Jihyun, Baekhyun's fiancee asks, looking at her watch,

"You also just got here." Sehun sasses, quickly bringing up another topic to not raise questions at his somewhat hostile tone.

~

The room quietens when the Byun family walks into the room, though most eyes stay on the young lady in the back. Heeyoung walks tall, unafraid of the eyes scrutinizing the to-be daughter-in-law of the famous Kim Groups. The young ladies start whispering as they've all heard the rumors of Byun Heeyoung being below average but the person walking into the room is well above average in terms of looks. The males also find themselves mesmerized even if her aura demands attention, her gentle smile and kind eyes draw them in.

A certain someone is also unable to look away and had it not been for his brother snapping his jaw shut, he's sure he would be drooling. Seeing Heeyoung has awakened a new found interest towards his marriage. He watches her head towards his parents and his feet automatically lead him there. The closer he gets, the louder his heart thumps, shocking him as he's never felt an instant attraction like this before.

 

In his haste to get to his fiancee, Jongin ignores his friends, confusing them with his actions.

 

"Jongin." His mother beams as he gets closer, Jongin greets the elders before turning towards his fiancee. Heeyoung ignores him in favor of talking to his father.

 

Jongin tries to jump in, but his mother interrupts, suggesting they move on with the announcements.

 

The parents head to the make-shift stage first, leaving the soon to-be engaged couple together. Heeyoung continues ignoring Jongin, as the male keeps a steady eye on her, which is why neither of them notice Jongin's friends closing in on them.

 

On stage, the parents are now calling the couple on the stage.

 

Baekhyun offers Heeyoung a hand, the lady pauses for a quick second before accepting her half-brother's arm. Of course, her fiance notices her hesitation and her moment of confusion.

 

Jongdae, of course, doesn't miss the chance to tease his brother, imitating Baekhyun, he extends his arm towards Jongin, the older can only shake his head and play along. 

 

Jongin starts with his proposal, following the script provided by his PR team. As the proposal ends, Baekhyun discreetly nudges a confounded Heeyoung, pulling her from her thoughts, towards a waiting Jongin.

 

She warily smiles, extending her hand for Jongin to slip the ring on.

 

The room erupts in applause, startling Jongin into squeezing the hand he's holding onto, causing Heeyoung to look up and surprisingly Jongin seems to be carefully observing her.

Seeing her this close, he can see the small mole underneath her left eye and the tiny scar on her temple. He quietly chuckles as the corners of turn, making her resemble a cute puppy, but she's quick to put on a smile, trying her best to get her arm away from Jongin.

Jongdae watches on amused at the scene, grabbing onto Baekhyun, so he can't help his sister pull away. Thankfully, everyone is busy paying attention to the elders or else Jongdae is sure Jongin would have gotten a lecture from their mother.

Baekhyun finally manages to slip away from Jongdae, hurrying to pull Heeyoung away from Jongin. The elder brother turns to give Jongin a scolding look, as he leads Heeyoung to his friends.

Jongdae snickers, coming to stand beside his brother. "You can stare at her all you want later, but at least introduce yourself first." He teases, running away before the taller can retaliate.

Jongin shakes his head, trying to get his head back on track before joining his friends,

"Oh Sehun, I've known the twins since their diaper days." The tall, pale male introduces, pulling Heeyoung for a hug. Using this, he whispers, "Please take care of him, he can be a little pain in the a*s, but underneath that he's the biggest softie." Sehun beams, before he's pushed out of the way, 

"Hello, Zhang Yixing, I wish Jongin and you a happy married life." A deep dimple appears on his right cheek as he extends his hand for a handshake.

"Doh Kyungsoo. I apologize in advance for his idiocy, and wish you both happiness in your future." The shortest of the group steps forward, ignoring Jongin rolling his eyes at the straight-forward male. Heeyoung herself is surprised as she lightly chuckles along to his words, startling the group as that's the first reaction she's given to their words,

"Hello, Kim Minseok. It's nice to finally meet you." He gives her a gummy smile.

"Hello, my name is Kim Junmyeon. My cousin is extremely lucky to have someone as gorgeous as you. I wish you two a happy life together." The angelic smile on his face gets sweeter and Heeyoung has a difficult time not swooning over the handsome male.

"Heeyoung Park, It's nice to meet you." She says with a slight blush on her face, though not many notice as they're more surprised hearing her soft voice,

"The pleasure is all mine." Junmyeon politely replies and the smile on Heeyoung's face blooms to a genuine smile, falling as soon as Junmyeon is pushed away, of course a few of them notice.

"What's up, sister-in-law. The name is Kim Jongdae, the better twin. Welcome to the family." Jongdae sighs, turning to look at his brother, "He's all your responsibility now, Good luck." He chirps, going in for a hug, "Please take care of him." He whispers pulling away,

"Hello, I'm Park Chanyeol." The tallest of the group introduces, "I hope we get along well." He states, gently patting her head, before looking over at Jongin,

"If you ever need any help with him, just ask us, we'll set him on track." Jongdae adds, accidentally pushing Chanyeol with a little extra force, which in turn results in him pushing into Heeyoung, who stumbles and had it not been for Jongin's fast thinking, she would have ended up on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Jongin looks down at her, the lady simply nods, trying to move away from him, but her brother steps in front of her, dragging Jihyun with him. 

"This is Jihyun, my fiancee." Baekhyun introduces, while the hand around Heeyoung's waist tightens slightly,

"Hello, it's nice to have a face to your name." Jihyun chuckles, pulling Heeyoung for a quick hug.

After Jihyun, Baekhyun pulls Heeyoung for another hug, "Welcome home, Little sister." 

Mrs. Byun cuts the hug short, as she needs Heeyoung to be introduced to the others around the room. 

Heeyoung politely bows at the group, making to follow after her step-mother, but she feels herself being pulled back to a hard chest.

Jongin raises an eyebrow at the angry look Heeyoung gives him as she tries to remove his arm from around her waist. The stubborn CEO internally scoffs, refusing to let go until she asks him, but Heeyoung proves to be stronger and within a minute, she's walking away with him staring behind her.

As soon as Heeyoung is out of hearing range, his friends break into laughter at the sullen, surprised look on Jongin's face. Jongin huffs, dragging himself to the table hidden close to the kitchens.

"I wish your wives were here, for all of you to be on your best behavior." Jongin huffs, resulting in more laughter.

"Where are they?" Baekhyun asks,

"Business trip." Minseok sighs, 

"Aejung had to go to Busan for an emergency." Kyungsoo informs them,

"And the trio is still on their girl's trip." Jongdae pouts, missing his girlfriend, who's currently backpacking through Europe. 

"They'll be back by the wedding, so don't worry." Sehun winks at Jongin, but the male has his eyes elsewhere. Sehun follows after Jongin, surprised as he sees Jongin staring after Heeyoung as Mrs.Byun drags her from one group to another. Sehun wants to , but thinks better noticing the star-struck look on his best friend's face.