Jihan

Trust, Let's Trust.

"Hel-lo." Heeyoung pauses at the sight of the empty office, confused why Sec.Cha didn't mention his absence. She's turning around when a noise sounds from the attached bathroom.

She makes her way through the office, noting the blanket on the couch on her way to the bathroom. Slowly pushing the door open, Heeyoung is shocked at the sight of her boyfriend with someone else.

The shock wears turns into amusement and she's leaning against the doorway to watch her boyfriend hunched over the sink and having a serious discussion with his companion on hand-washing.

The faucet is turned off and Jongin turns back, surprised at the sight of his girlfriend watching him with an amused smile.

"When did you get here?" Jongin wonders, bouncing the infant in his arms.

"Just now." Heeyoung answers, eyes on the baby, who seems to be staring at her with bright eyes.

"Meet Park Jihan, his family moved into the other unit on the floor." Jongin introduces and guides them back to the office. He picks up the bottle from the makeshift bottle warmer and checks the temperature before giving it to Jihan.

"Why is he here?" Heeyoung asks, once Jihan is sleeping while Jongin makes sure the baby won't roll off.

"I've been interacting with his mother and nanny since they've moved in, and his mother was at work when the nanny got sick. She didn't want to spread the sickness, but they didn't have anyone to look after him." Jongin walks to Heeyoung,

"So, you volunteered." She states as Jongin pulls her into his arms.

"It's supposed to be for a few hours and I have an easy day. During my meetings, one of the secretaries will keep an eye on him."

"Tired?" Heeyoung worries, running her fingers through his hair,

Jongin nods, leading her to the other couch and laying down first, before pulling Heeyoung on top of him. Heeyoung continues to run her fingers through his hair and within minutes the CEO is fast asleep.

Heeyoung glances between the sleeping infant and Jongin. Shaking her head, she carefully pulling out her phone to get some work done.


A loud screech has Jongin stirring, but soft whispers and touches lull him back to sleep. Though the sudden absence of the comforting weight and warmth cause him to stir as he tries to reach the source but he's met with empty space and soft cries. Jihan. His eyes snap open and he sees Heeyoung carefully pick Jihan up and hold him close to her chest. He sees Heeyoung pause as she glances down at the crying infant before snapping out as she scrunches her nose at the horrid smell.

"Seriously?" Hope deadpans, "Time for a diaper change, Yay!" Heeyoung mumbles to herself and picks up the diaper bag on her way to the bathroom.

Jongin holds his breathe, tears threatening to fall as he wonders if their daily life would have been filled with moments like this. He pushes those thoughts away and slowly sits up.  He gives himself a few minutes to gather his thoughts, and then follows his girlfriend's voice.

"How the fu- do I change a diaper?" Heeyoung asks. Jongin can imagine the frown on her face and he's proven correct at the sight of Heeyoung frowning at the infant.

"What?!" Jongin recognizes Taehyung's voice and isn't surprised to see the model's face briefly pop up on Heeyoung's cell-phone. "If anyone's the expert on diaper changes, it's you." At the confused look on her face, Taehyung clarifies, "Jayden."

Heeyoung takes a deep breathe to stop herself from going off on her best friend, who's supposed to be helping her.

The model pauses, "Prepare the wet wipes and the new diaper first," He calmly instructs her through the process, though Hope figures it out once she starts.

"Thanks, Tae." Hope glances at the cell phone,

"You're welcome. Just don't disturb me for the next few hours." Taehyung states, getting Hope's attention and she narrows her eyes at the screen as if it's the model himself.

"Busy?" She prods, knowing it's a free day for him today.

"I'm in the middle of something." Taehyung states, his eyes not meeting Hope's.

"Something or someone?" Hope hits the mark, and she's shocked to see her best friend turn bright red. Jongin raises a brow at the flustered male and looking closely, he sees the model isn't wearing a shirt, his hair's a mess and there's suspicious spots all over his chest and face.

"It's the middle of the day, Taehyung Kim!"

"And?"

"One minute and don't you dare hang up, Taehyung Kim." Hope warns, discarding the used diaper and wipes. She washes her hands and helps the baby wash his hands, before putting his pants back on.

"I would love to talk, but I need to go. You know, kinda in the middle of something. Love you, Angel." Taehyung is quick to hang up, not even letting her get a word out. 

Hope shakes her head, sighing at baby Jihan, "That man is an idiot. Don't be like him when you grow up!"

Jongin tries hard to muffle his laugh, but it slips out and Hope finally notices him.

"Were you here the entire time, watching me struggle yet keeping quiet?" Heeyoung asks, and Jongin gulps at her tone.

"I didn't want to interrupt your conversation with Taehyung." He says, pecking her lips and kissing Jihan's forehead.

Heeyoung scrunches her nose at him, holding Jihan towards him,

"It's time for his formula, unless you want to prepare it?" He asks,

"I'll manage the formula, you handle the paras- baby." Heeyoung corrects herself and happily hands Jihan over.

"Do you not like babies or kids in general?" Jongin asks,

"Kids." Heeyoung answers, rummaging through the diaper bag for another bottle, since the other one is drying in the bathroom.

"Does that mean, you don't want any of your own?"

Heeyoung pauses, giving Jongin a brief glance and going back to preparing the formula according to the instructions on the tin.

"I don't. Never have." She answers, pouring hot water into the bottle.

"What about Jayden?" Jongin watches her shake the bottle,

"What about him?" She asks, testing the temperature and handing it to Jongin.

"You practically raised him." Jongin shifts to adjust Jihan as he on the milk.

"I don't remember that." She states, and Jongin knows he's hit a nerve when Heeyoung continuously blinks her eyes.

"Is it a deal breaker for you?" Heeyoung asks, staring at his face, so she doesn't miss a single sign.

"No, it's not." Jongin answers her honestly. After seeing Heeyoung struggle through her pregnancy, he made up his mind to not have anymore children. If they wanted to expand their family, they would do so through adoption.

"Even though, you love kids?" Heeyoung frowns,

"I already have you and that's more than enough for me."

Heeyoung stills, staring at Jongin as if she's looking at him for the first time.

"Why would you say that?" Heeyoung asks, not able to fathom the depth of Jongin's feelings for her.

"Because I love you, Heeyoung and I don't know if there will ever be a day where I don't." He confesses, stunning Heeyoung silent.

Knowing it's time to back of, Jongin turns his attention to Jihan, who's almost done with his bottle.

"I do love you, Jongin. But I'm afraid my feelings for you aren't as deep." Heeyoung tells him,

Jongin gives her a soft smile, holding his hand out. Heeyoung nervously takes it and comes to sit beside him.

"All that matters is that you do love me. It's not a competition." He presses a kiss to her forehead.


Hope worriedly glances at her phone, seeing the unanswered texts from her best friend and the 17 missed calls she's left him. She practically barges into his apartment, ready to call a search hunt, if he's not there. The condition of his apartment has her dialing on her phone when she hears loud music from Taehyung's bedroom. She doesn't want to walk in on anything unpleasant but the loud sobs over the loud music give her pause. A brief pause and then she's stomping in, ready to fight whatever's hurt her best friend.

"Tae." Her voice cracks, at the sight of her best friend crumpled into fetal position. The tears streaming down his face ignite a fire for revenge but his sniffles have her hitting pause, briefly. He needs her now. She carefully climbs in behind Taehyung, wrapping her arms around him and letting him cry his heart out. She doesn't ask questions, knowing they won't be answered. 

"I love you, Taehyung Kim. You're not an idiot. Soft-hearted, hopeless romantic, yes, but not an idiot and never a fool." Hope tells him, knowing what he wants to hear.

After Taehyung has fallen asleep, Hope makes a call, "I need to find someone."


"Where's Taehyung?" Bomi asks, as Hope walks into the private dining room without her best friend.

"He had to meet with his manager." She fibs, as Taehyung has had to cancel many times due to work commitments.

"Is Maya going to be joining us?" Hope questions, taking the seat beside Jaemin,

"Why would she be joining us?" Hana snaps, not a fan of the Spanish woman.

"What did she ever do to you?" Hope wonders,

Hana is about to go off on her, when her phone rings. Hope leaves the room to pick it up, grateful for the distraction.

"What are you planning?" Seol asks her best friend, as Haechan calls for the server,

"I'm not sure," Jaemin tells her, "We've hung out a few times, but I'm just not feeling it."

Seol gives him an exasperated look and turns to the server.

"Hope?" Seol asks,

"I'll order for her." Jaemin immediately answers.

He's laying out dinner utensils for Hope and him, when he notices the silence in the room and the feeling of everyone watching him.

"What?" Jaemin continues with the task, filling Hope's cup with red wine and setting a glass of water beside it.

The others share a worried look, but don't get to voice out their concerns as Hope re-enters.

~

"Hope." Jaemin stops behind her, guiding her towards the exit with a hand on her back.

"Jaemin." Hope smiles, eyes on her cell phone, trusting Jaemin to lead her.

"You've been on your phone for the majority of dinner." He points out,

"Astute observation. I've been busy with The Project. Do you know how many emails I receive daily? Even if most are simple questions that have been discussed." Hope shakes her head, grateful as the valet pulls up her car.

"Hope,"

"I'll talk to you later. Love you." Hope pecks his cheek and hurries to her car.


"Heeyoung." Hope deeply sighs, turning to the woman seated on her couch.

"Mother, what a wonderful surprise." Hope greets, heading to kitchen to get her mother a drink.

"Would you prefer water, tea or juice?" Hope asks,

"I would like to discuss the Byun project with you." Aeyoung states,

"I don't discuss work after hours. Please schedule an appointment with my office." Hope replies,

"Heeyoung Park." Her mother scolds,

"Mother." Hope looks at her blankly.

"Heeyoung, please see reason." Her mother says,

Hope stares at her mother, she tries to find her words but can't think of anything that won't hurt her mother. She takes the best option and turns around and heads for the main door.

"Heeyoung, I'm not done. Listen to me." Aeyoung chases after her, but her daughter is faster. By the time, Aeyoung makes it to the lobby, Hope has left the premises.


"I'm here." Heeyoung calls out, shutting the door behind her and changing into house slippers. 

When she walks into the living room, she stops at the threshold.

"Why?" She wonders, eyes on the infant in her boyfriend's arms.

"Work emergency and the nanny wasn't available." Jongin explains.

"I'm sorry. I promised a night out, but" He apologizes,

"It's fine. I'm not in the mood for a night out and would prefer a night in." She tells him, running her hand over Jihan's soft hair.

Jongin turns to her, closely looking at her, "Is everything okay?"

Heeyoung deeply sighs for the nth time that day, "It's been a long day."

"Is there anything I can help with?" Jongin asks, plopping on the couch beside her.

"I just want to be comforted." She tells him, laying her head in his lap.

"I'm here." Jongin pats her head and turns on the T.V and starts the Love O2O series, one of her comfort dramas.

~

By the time, Jihan falls asleep, Heeyoung is dozing off. She doesn't wake when Jongin gets up to move Jihan to the crib. She does wake up when he picks her up, to carry her to bed.

"Go back to sleep." He tells her, heading up the stairs.

"I can walk." She tells him,

"I can carry you." He retorts,

"Funny." Heeyoung presses a kiss to his shoulder as she closes her eyes.

Jongin sets her on the bed and not wanting to wake her, he removes her make up for her and helps her change into pajamas before joining her in bed.

"Thank you." Hope sleepily mumbles, snuggling closer to him as they drift off.


Sehun is close to falling asleep when Jongin walks into the room with a car seat hanging on one arm and a diaper bag hanging off his other shoulder.

"Jongin, how many times do I need to bail you out before you stop kidnapping babies?" Sehun scolds, breaking the tension as Jongin carefully sets everything down before checking on Jihan and ignoring his best friend.

"Again?" Hope blurts, walking in with a tray of snacks followed by Taehyung with the drinks. She eyes her boyfriend, while her best friend makes a run for the baby.

"Is this little Jihan?" Taehyung asks, carefully holding the infant. Everyone's busy watching Heeyoung and Jongin and fail to notice Taehyung furrowing his eyebrows as he studies Jihan's face.

"What's it this time?" Hope asks, annoyed at Jihan's mother for not firing her incompetent nanny and hiring someone better.

"As I was getting into the car, the nanny handed me the car seat and diaper bag and took off without another word." Jongin sighs, plopping down beside Heeyoung and dropping his head on her shoulder and wrapping his arm around her waist, while the rest of the group turns their attention to Jihan, who loudly babbling and reaching his arms out for Heeyoung.

"Hope." Taehyung calls,

"No." She shakes her head, which results in Jihan bursting into loud cries.

"Hope." Her friends chastise as Taehyung hands Jihan to her. The scene surprises the others as they look like a family of three, considering Baby Park-Kim would have been close to Jihan's age. 

"Who is this?" Yiming breaks the silence,

"Jihan Park, my new neighbor." Jongin answers, throwing Sehun a dirty look, knowing he was going to accuse him of abducting the baby.

"He's so cute." Yiming comments as her daughter extends her arms towards Jongin. Oh Miran absolutely adores her godfather and whenever he's in the room, everyone else is forgotten, sometimes even her father.

"Hi, Mira." Jongin greets.

Yiming reaches out to pinch Jihan's cheek which startles the baby into tears.

"It's okay." Heeyoung gives her an apologetic look as she comforts Jihan.

"What the fu-" "Language!" "is going on here?" The owners of the house make their appearance,

"Jongin's babysitting his neighbor's kid." Sehun explains, eyes focused on his daughter watching Jihan. Mira attempts to touch Jihan, but Sehun quickly snatches her into his arm, carrying her away from Jihan and Jongin. Though, he doesn't get far as she bursts into loud cries and he's forced to hand her back to Jongin.

Sera shakes her head at whining brother, the only thought running through her mind as she joins her boyfriend on the loveseat is "How did they turn out so different?"

~

When Hope exits the kitchen, she hears Jongin wince and notes the stain on his shirt while Jihan attempts to grab the food from his plate. Jongin is visibly struggling with holding Jihan and eating but the baby refuses to allow anyone else to hold him.

"Come here." Hope plops into the seat beside Jongin and Jihan happily goes into her arms.

"Such a pain in the a*s." Hope deadpans, earning laughter and a few reprimands from her friends and family. As if understanding her words, Jihan starts crying, but with a little coaxing from Hope, he quickly calms down.

"Ms.Cadiz and Young Master Jaemin are here." The butler announces, leading the guests inside.

"I suspected the two of you were together." Maya smiles, cooing over baby Jihan, "How did you forget to mention your best friend and cousin have such a lovely child."

"They're not together." Jaemin growls,

"He's not mine." Hope denies, pulling Jihan closer to her chest as he's close to falling asleep.

"Oh. I apologize. At first glance, he reminded me of Mr.Kim but the closer you look, he seems like the perfect combination of you both." Maya awkwardly chuckles, as Sera tries to guide Jaemin and her towards the kitchen where all the food is located.

Her words have everyone focusing on the sleeping baby.

"Now that I look closely, he does have Jongin's lips, but his nose is all Hope."

"His ears have to be from Jongin."

"Hope's temper."

A loud thud halts the teasing and startles the two babies from their sleep.

"Jaemin." Maya calls, confused as he storms away off.

Hana watches her husband follow after her twin with Bomi, while the rest of the other watch Hope.

"Was it really necessary to aggravate the situation?" Seol scolds, glancing between Hana, Taehyung and Sehun.

"It's called a joke, Seol." Hope defends, rocking Jihan to sleep, "And if anyone had the right to be offended, it would be Jongin and I."

"It's not a joke, if someone's feelings get hurt, Hope." Seol argues,

"Please explain to me, exactly how these jokes could have possibly hurt Jaemin's feelings?" Hope questions, carefully transferring Jihan into his car seat,

"Of course." Seol humorlessly chuckles, waving Hana as she attempts to stop her, "It won't harm you to be a little considerate of others. Other people do have feelings that can hurt. Not that you would understand, Heartless Hope."

"Glad to know, what you honestly think of me." Hope huffs, as she hands Jihan over to Jongin, while Taehyung gets the diaper bag.

"Thanks for having me over. It's a beautiful home." Hope hugs Jackson and Sera, before bidding good bye to everyone but Seol.

"Hope, I'm-" Her words are cut off as Hope leaves without another glance back.

"Don't try to live your fantasy through her, Seol. It's quite pathetic." Taehyung sneers, following after his best friend. 

"I'm not-" But Taehyung also walks away without another glance.

Hana and Haechan don't say a word as they lead Seol to her car, while Junmyeon quietly follows along with a sleeping Jayden.

"I know how much Hope means to Jae, and you might think he needs her to be happy but that's not how it works, Seol." Hana tells Seol, before she leaves with Haechan.


First of all, Happy Kai Day.

Second, I'm sure many of you have heard about Chen's news.

And all I can say is,

I'M SO HAPPY FOR HIM.

Chen and Suho are my ultimate bias, and the fact Chen has gotten his happiness, makes me happy for him.

There's many kfans who are unhappy with this and are asking him to leave and it's so messed up,

because Chen has done nothing wrong, other than finding love and his happiness.

All I want for EXO is to be happy and for us fans to show them all the support and love we have for them.