Hapax

Trust, Let's Trust.

"Drive safely, Jongin." Inhee bids the couple.

Jongin glances at Heeyoung absentmindedly staring out the window.

"What's wrong?" Jongin asks, once they're on the road.

"Huh?" Hope snaps out of her daze, "Nothing."

Jongin gives her a look, causing her to sigh. "Does their relationship upset you?"

Heeyoung is quick to deny, "Of course not. I'm simply overwhelmed. I didn't dare ask about my mother after waking up. I didn't think she was ever going to wake up, but she's alive and happy and living her life."

Jongin smiles, "Your mother is a strong woman."

"She is, Strong and healthy and happy." She cries. Jongin keeps his eyes on the road, knowing Heeyoung dislikes crying in front of others.

~

"Do you think..." Heeyoung starts, but noticing Jongin looking at her, she clams up and hurries out of the car.

Jongin follows, trapping her between the car and his arms, "Do I think what?"

"Nothing." She shakes her head, looking everywhere but at him.

"Do I think what, baby?" He closes the distance between them,

"Do you think your parents liked me?" She blurts.

Embarrassed she tries to move but Jongin is quick to wrap his arms around her waist.

"Were you nervous?" He teases,

She rolls her eyes, trying to push him away.

"My mother is already in love with you." He assures her, pulling her into the elevator.

"Even after Jaemin's proposal?" She innocently asks. The smile falls of his face and a dark look takes over as he recalls Jaemin's words.

"There's no need to pay attention to a joke." He brushes off, caging her in his arms,

"I need to scan my code." Heeyoung gulps,

"Stay the night with me?" He asks,

"Huh?" Hope blanks out.

"I promise not to cross any boundaries. I want to spend more time with you." He clarifies,

"How about you change and we can head over to my room. I'll be more comfortable in my room." Heeyoung suggests.

"What about your brothers?" He asks, since the Park siblings share a suite.

"It'll be fine. It's not like we'll be disturbing them."

~

After stopping at Jongin's room, they manage to sneak into Heeyoung's room undetected.

"Make yourself comfortable." Heeyoung heads to the bathroom. Jongin looks around the bedroom, astonished at the grandeur of the room. He had previously browsed the hotel's website but was unable to find any information on booking the top floors currently occupied by the Park family and their friends.

When Heeyoung exits the bathroom after her nightly routine, Jongin has already made himself comfortable on the bed. He raises the blanket, signaling her to get in. Turning off the main lights, she carefully climbs in, staying a few spaces away from Jongin. But he's quick to pull her into his arms.

"Jongin." Heeyoung squirms in his hold,

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He lets her go,

"No. I need to turn of the lamp." She reaches over him and turns off said lamp and snuggling into his side.

"I love cuddles. Usually Taehyung or Jae-" She snaps shut,

"I'm more than willing to be your cuddle partner." Jongin mumbles, pressing a kiss to her head.

She nods, muttering a good night and shutting her sleepy eyes.

For the first time in months, Jongin falls asleep peacefully, holding his wife in his arms.


where are you? ~ HSP 7.43am

having breakfast. i have a meeting in 15minutes. ~ Hope 7.43am

let's meet up for lunch. ~ HSP 7.44am

can't. busy with meetings. ~ Hope 7.44am

sad. ~ HSP 7.45am

you want some of my meetings? ~ Hope 7.45am

i'm fine. enjoy. ~ HSP 7.45am

~

"What are your plans for today?" Hope turns off the screen and looks at Jongin,

"Jongdae's bachelor party is tonight. Sehun and I are in charge of the arrangements." He informs her,

"Right." Heeyoung nods, pulling up her schedule for the day, "I don't think we'll see each other today."

"We can meet up after the parties?" Jongin suggests,

Hope lightly chuckles, "The eight of us are spending the night on Hapax."

"Just the eight of you?" Jongin asks,

"Jackson and Sera might join. It'll depend on how the party goes." She nods, finishing up her breakfast.


"Where were you?" Jongin startles, at the sudden voice, finding his younger sibling seated on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" Jongin asks Jongdae,

"I came to check on you last night." Jongdae states, crossing his arms and staring down the taller,

"I got back in late." Jongin fibs,

"Liar. I waited until after midnight and I've been here for over an hour now." Jongdae says,

"I went for an early breakfast." Jongin pushes his brother away.

"Were you with Heeyoung?" Jongdae asks, Jongin pauses briefly.

"I'm happy for you, but be careful. She's not your Heeyoung, not anymore." Jongdae advises, patting Jongin's shoulder and heading out the room.


"Where's Heeyoung?" Seungwan asks Bomi as she glances around the yacht.

"She's talking to the staff." Bomi informs her,

"Yo." Sera pops up behind them, "Why are there no drinks in your hands?" She asks, handing Bomi and Seungwan a champagne flute,

"Bottoms up." Sera cheers, making rounds around the deck to ensure everyone is taken care of and playing her role as the host.

"She's going to be drunk at the end of the night." Hana observes, lightly sipping on her wine.

"Seungwan, How are you liking your party?" Hope joins them,

"It's amazing. Thank you so much." Seungwan smiles.

"It's no big deal." Hope nods, taking a seat between Bomi and Hana.

~

"Time for some fun." Hope smirks as her eyes land on a familiar face.

"What are you planning?" Hana asks, amused at the smile on her younger friend's face.

"Just watch and enjoy the show, dear wifey." Hope winks at Hana and signals Sera and Seungwan,

"Everyone." Sera claps her hands, getting everyone's attention and passing the mic to Seungwan. After greeting her guests, she hands Sera the mic for her speech.

"Another round of applause for Bomi for providing us with not only this wonderful venue but also a sweet return gift." Sera finishes as workers roll out carts of gift bags.

"What's going on?" Bomi asks, surprised as she was unaware of this.

Hope shrugs, picking up a random glass and making her way through the crowd.

"What is she doing?" Bomi worries, keeping an eye on Hope.

"There it is." Hana snorts, watching Hope 'accidentally' tripping over Go Mina and spilling the red wine on the lady standing beside Mina.

Hope puts on an apologetic face and drags the lady towards the hallway leading to the bedrooms.

"Call backup." Bomi hurries after Heeyoung.


"What's up?" Taehyung greets,

"Backup requested." Sera chirps, cackling at his groan. She can hear the loud noises from the club where Jongdae is celebrating his night.

"I'll be there." Taehyung drowns his drink, "I hope you made sure there were enough life jackets on deck." He looks at Haechan.

"Is it time?" Haechan looks at his watch, glancing at Eddy and Jaemin seated at the bar. 

"We can get them later." Jackson assures the two,

"What's going on?" Jongdae yells over the loud music, seeing them head for the exit,

"Someone's causing trouble at your wife's party." Jackson teases, 

"What'd my crazy sister-in-law do now?" Jongdae jokes as Jongin joins them,

"I'll be surprised if we ever hear of Lee Yeonbi again." Taehyung rolls his eyes at Haechan,

"Let's hurry up." Haechan rubs his nose,

"Be safe!!!" Jongdae yells after them. Noticing Jongin stare after them, Jongdae drags him away, hoping to distract him with alcohol.


"Lee Yeonmi." Hope glances from the words on her Ipad to the bathroom door. 

"Thank you for letting me borrow this." Yeonmi walks out, slightly awkward due to the ill-fitting dress.

"It doesn't seem to be your size." Hope observes,

"It's not, but since you ruined my dress, I have no other option." Yeonmi jokes,

Hope fakes a smile, waving her to take a seat. "Is that why you're chasing after a married man? Because you have no other option?"

Yeonmi freezes, "Excuse me?"

"The owner of that dress and this yacht happen to be the wife of the man you're shamelessly failing to seduce." Hope deadpans,

"I'm not sure I understand you." Yeonmi plays dumb,

"Don't play with me. Grandma Kang wouldn't have send you without proper preparations."

"What are you trying to say?" Yeonmi states,

"Neither Haechan, nor that dress is meant for you." Heeyoung states,

"It doesn't fit right, but I can work with it." Yeonmi smirks,

"You really are shameless." Hope scoffs, "Trying to climb up the social ladder by clinging to someone clearly out of your league."

Yeonmi snorts, crossing her knees and leaning back, "Me? Are we not on the same boat?"

Hope snorts, "The only boat we'll ever share is this one. Don't try to drag me down to your level, you wannabe homewrecker."

"Grandma Kang warned me about a nosy bi*ch. Who-"

"I'm not going to warn you twice. Stay away from Haechan and Bomi. You should be grateful, I'm the one dealing with you." Hope tells her,

"Who the fu*k are you to interfere in our matters. His grandmother is on my side, she wants me to get rid of that barr-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence." Hope cuts her off, though her face is blank, the anger in her eyes effectively scares Yeonmi.

Hope picks up the Ipad, "Your father is the President of Sachi Hotels?"

"Those belong to SB Groups, why don't you chase after the SB Heir?" Hope asks, bored.

"Out of the three heirs, two are female and the male is too young." Yeonmi rolls her eyes, as if Hope's stupid to ask her such an obvious question.

"Three? I've only heard of Bora and Bryon, I don't know much about the middle daughter." Hope sighs,

"The Second Miss is a researcher. She doesn't work for SB." Yeonmi informs her,

"What a coincidence, Bomi is the head researcher at KT Pharm." Hope chirps, "When we were applying for college, Bomi and Haechan would fight because they didn't want the other to give up their dream college. It was useless. They can and will survive any obstacles."

Yeonmi looks clueless.

"Haechan is a psycho when it comes to Bomi. He had this yacht made after Bomi joked about wanting a yacht. He meticulously designed everything to Bomi's preference. You won't ever have the chance to verify but Haechan's clothes are engraved with their initials. You can try getting between them, but the minute Bomi shows any discomfort, Haechan will eradicate your measly life. Mark my words." Hope warns her,

"Who are you trying to fool? He hung out with me, ignoring his sulking wife. No matter how strongly he loves her, It can't compare to his need and love for a child." Yeonmi states,

"You and that old lady are the one's fooling yourselves. I forgot to mention, Bomi doesn't need Haechan to fight her battles for her. She's strong-"

"With what background? My father is a President." Yeonmi brags,

"And Bomi's father is his Chairman. Her sister and mother are CEO's. As a Song, Bomi lives a low-profile life." Hope reveals, enjoying watching Yeonmi's face pale,

"Just because Haechan has an outstanding background, doesn't mean Bomi can't hold up on her own. You can cry back to Grandma Kang for ruining your life by pushing your social climbing agenda. When you whine to that old lady, tell her she's out." Hope sneers.

"You have 10 minutes to disappear from here and our lives. If I run into you again, I will go after your family." Hope warns, heading to an intercom.

"Get someone to decontaminate this room." Hope instructs, heading to exit the room, leaving behind a shaking Yeonmi. 

"9 minutes left, Lee Yeonmi." Hope sing-songs, Yeonmi jumps to her feet and sprints out of the room. Running into the group standing outside the door, Yeonmi freezes but smartly hurries past them without another word.

Bomi shakes, releasing a soft sob. Hana is quick to hug her. Seol and Hope share a look, leading Bomi to the master bedroom located at the end of the hallway. 

Minutes later, loud steps sound and the door slams open and Haechan storms into the room. Hope is the first to get off the bed, followed by Hana and Seol leaving Bomi curled up as she sobs into the blanket. Taehyung and Jackson stop at the threshold while the three ladies head to the door.

~

"Will she be okay?" Seol asks, glancing at the closed door.

"Why wouldn't she?" Hope scoffs, reaching for her phone.

Taehyung is quick to snatch it away, "Let's enjoy tonight. Work can wait until tomorrow." He suggests while Jackson drags Hope towards the stairs.

"Is it really safe to let her back upstairs?" Seol wonders, 

"If that lady was smart, she would have left already." Taehyung nods,

"We're on a yacht, Tae." Seol deadpans,

"If I were her, I would take my chances with the ocean." Hana retorts.


"Thank you so much." Seungwan clings to Hope, as the boat is being docked.

"No problem." Hope pats her back,

"I really miss you Hope. We need to have a girl's night." Seungwan mumbles, as Hyeri helps her off.

"Where's Jaemin?" Hope asks after the guests have been escorted out and to their cars.

"Jaemin wasn't up for yachting." Eddy informs her,

"It's been a long time since we've partied." Sera yells, popping open a bottle of champagne.

"Where are Haechan and Bomi?" Eddy asks his wife, Hana points towards the bedroom, silently communicating the couple needs time alone.

"Hope." Sera passes the bottle but the lady rejects,

"I can't drink yet." She rejects, "I'm going to go change." Hope heads to her room.

are you still out? ~ Heeyoung,

nope, dropped dae off and now heading back. ~ Jongin

you? ~ Jongin

getting ready for the after-party. ~ Heeyoung

have fun. don't stay up too late. ~ Jongin

good night. ~ Heeyoung.


"Look who's finally here." Jackson teases Hope when she walks into the VIP floor.

"I warned you, I was running late." Hope rolls her eyes, nodding at the people around the room.

Jackson pushes a tray filled with various drinks towards her, "Punishment." He states,

Hope muses over her choices, settling on a colorful looking drink. She lifts the glass to but as the rim touches her lips, the glass is snatched out of her hands. Hope rolls her eyes at Dr. Yoon Jaeho frowning as he towers over her.

"You're not allowed to drink." Jaeho reminds, setting the cup on the table and handing her a bottle of water.

"One drink isn't going to hurt." Hope says,

Jaeho turns to Jiara and Haejin, hoping they'll advice Hope.

"He's right. No drinking, Hope." Hyungsik jumps in and pulls Jaeho towards their friends while Hope joins her friends. Jackson subtly passes her a mixed drink.

~

"She's not supposed to be drinking. I doubt she'll get drunk with the doctor here." Hyungsik teases, nudging Jaeho who's watching Hope dancing on the main dance floor.

"She's drunk." Jason refutes. Hope's pastel pink locks making it easy to identify her, even with the club lights,

"Are we making bets? I'll bet 20 on her being drunk." Minho chimes in,

"She's definitely drunk." Taemin snorts, watching Jaemin slide up behind Hope and wrap his arms around her without any resistance from Hope.

The men silently observe Jongin's reaction but he keeps a cool face not appearing affected at all. Even as Jaemin and Hope are pushed closer by the crowd.

"Hope's looking up here." Jason says, the group turns to see Hope waving at Hyungsik. She points at the bar on the first floor and weaves her way through the crowd.

"Where's Jae-" Minseok trails off as Jaemin attaches himself to another lady on the dance floor,

"At least we know he's not moping over Heeyoung's rejection." Jongdae jokes,

"I'm heading downstairs." Jongin heads for the first floor.

Pushing through to the bar, he's not surprised at not finding Heeyoung there anymore. However, he can't find her after scanning the dance floor. He heads towards the restroom and finds her leaning against the wall.

"Hey." Jongin softly calls, not wanting to startle her,

"Hey." Heeyoung pulls at her top, "Spilled drink."

Jongin is quick to pull off his suit jacket, confusing Heeyoung when he has her hold the jacket and starts ing his shirt.

"What are you doing?" She asks, wide-eyes watching his every movement.

Jongin chuckles, recognizing the look in her eyes but he's quick to remove his white shirt and slip back into his suit jacket.

"For you." He hands her his white button down,

"Right." Hope snaps out of her daze, averting her eyes from his bare chest.

"I'll be back." She nods, slipping into the bathroom.

~

"Nice shirt." Taehyung teases, joining Hope at the bar on the VIP Floor.

"It also smells wonderful." Hope wiggling her eyebrows as Taehyung orders a drink.

"Kim Jongin?" Taehyung asks, noticing Jongin sneaking glances at his best friend while in a conversation with Mark and Sehun.

"What?" Hope turns to her best friend.

"You like him." Taehyung states,

"Yeah. I do." Hope admits.

"Boyfriend like or..." Taehyung asks,

Hope winces, "Don't bring up the b-word. We're not serious. I mean, we're on a vacation and we're surrounded by happy couples, so it's understandable to have a vacation fling." She gulps the rest of her drink, ignoring the look on her best friend's face.

"Hope." Taehyung starts,

"We're on vacation. I doubt we'll see each other once we leave. From what Jaemin's told me, his cousin doesn't do relationships and neither do I." Hope nods, drowning the rest of her drink and ordering another,

"I hate to break this to you, but people change. This Jongin isn't the same as the one over 8 years ago. Jaemin doesn't know this Jongin." Taehyung says,

"I get that, but he hasn't talked about labels and I'm not going to sway the boat by asking." Hope determines,

"What if he asks for more? What if he does want a relationship?" Taehyung asks, stunning her silent.

"I. I don't know and I don't want to contemplate over it. I enjoy spending time with him and I'm not going to ruin that until I absolutely have to." Hope nods, more to herself than her best friend.

"I understand, but I don't want you hurting yourself." Taehyung sighs, downing his drink and asking for another. Hope softly smiles at him, jumping out of her stool and wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

"Whatever happens, we'll be there for each other." Hope states,

"You know it." Taehyung chuckles, hugging her tight.

"I love you so much Tae and I hate seeing you hurt, especially over someone who doesn't deserve your time." Hope slurs,

Taehyung clears his throat, keeping a strong hold on his swaying friend, "Are you ready to call it a night?" He softly asks her.

"No. I don't want to ruin your night. I'm going back on my own." She straightens, slightly swaying on her feet,

"Let's go." Taehyung wraps an arm around her shoulder,

"Tae, I'm fine to go back, myself." Hope states, but her best friend doesn't budge.

"Are you heading back?" Jongin pops up, startling the two,

"I am. Taehyung is staying and enjoying his night." Hope pushes her best friend away,

"I'm headed back as well." Jongin says, looking at Taehyung,

"Then I might stay for some more." Taehyung nods, as they head to the stairs. They split at the bottom with Taehyung headed to the dance floor and the couple towards the exit.


"Can we take a walk on the beach?" Heeyoung looks up at Jongin, flashing him puppy-dog eyes. He can't resist them and that's how he finds himself, holding onto a pair of heels, with a chirpy Heeyoung running around the beach.

"Have you ever played, Catch me if you can?" Heeyoung asks, mischief twinkle in her eyes as she smiles at Jongin.

"Would you like me to chase you?" Jongin teases,

"No." Heeyoung shakes her head, "I want you to catch me." She winks, sprinting off.

Chuckling, Jongin takes off behind her. His longs legs give him an advantage and within minutes he catches her around her waist.

"You caught me." Heeyoung huffs, looking at him over her shoulder.

"I thought that's what you wanted?" Jongin asks, with a raise of an eyebrow.

"I did." Heeyoung nods, turning around to face him.

"Can I kiss you?" She asks him. Jongin presses a kiss to her forehead.

"That's not what I meant." Hope frowns, wrapping her arms around his neck and standing on her tiptoes as her eyes remain on his lips.

"You're drunk." Jongin reminds her,

"No, I'm not. I know what I'm asking for Jongin." Hope argues,

"I know." He mutters, kissing her nose and swooping down to pick her up bridal style.

"I'm getting my kiss tomorrow." Hope mumbles as her eyes shut close.


You asked me to wake you before I left, but you looked peaceful. Take care.

~ K.JI.

P.S. Tomorrow will have to be in two days.

Hope can't control her smile, re-reading the note though she's disappointed she couldn't see him off before his hiking trip.