Bento

Trust, Let's Trust.

Heeyoung grits her teeth at the sight of the messy living room, reminding herself to talk to her 'fiance' about shared space etiquette. Not one to stand messes, she cleans the living room first, before starting on breakfast.

A loud shrill startles her, followed by another scream from the master bedroom. She hurries to see what the issue is, as the yells get louder. Though once she gets there, she freezes at the sight of the three men tangled on the bed.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun tries smacking Chanyeol with a pillow but he dodges it. The pillow hits Jongin but he doesn't notice as he's quite hungover.

"You ungrateful brat, I fu*king carried your a*s here, last night." Chanyeol frowns, hurrying out of the bed, from where he was sandwiched between Jongin and Sehun,

"Doesn't explain how you ended up sleeping with us?" Sehun frowns at his wording, but it's forgotten as Heeyoung helps pull Chanyeol up.

"Breakfast will be ready soon." She informs them, leaving the room.

"I'll take the guest bathroom." Chanyeol says, walking out the room.


Jongin is the first to walk into the kitchen, where Heeyoung is finishing up with their breakfast. 

"What can I do?" Jongin asks her,

"Can you bring the food to the table?"

Jongin moves the food to the table, while Heeyoung prepares the rice bowls.

"Miso soup?" Jongin wonders, setting the large pot in the middle of the table.

"I had the pleasure of cleaning up your mess from last night, figured Lawyer Oh and you would prefer it." She sets the last set of spoon and chopsticks, turning around, only to be meet with a hard chest,

Jongin bends over slightly and extends his hand towards her face, she frowns, moving to push him off but he pushes the loose strand of hair behind her ear, whispering "Sorry about the mess, I'll try my best not to let it happen again."

He lightly chuckles watching her cheeks redden, as she pushes him away at the sound of footsteps.

"Thank you for breakfast." Chanyeol smiles at the chef, who gives him a small smile.

"When did you get here?" Jongin frowns at Chanyeol,

"He helped bring me back last night." Heeyoung answers,

"Carrying you two almost broke my back." Chanyeol whines,

"Weak." Sehun deadpans,

Chanyeol grumbles slightly, getting a giggle from Heeyoung, "Thank you for your hard work, Oppa."

"Finally someone who appreciates me." Chanyeol winks at her, just as her phone buzzes.

"I need to leave first." Heeyoung sighs, quickly finishing her soup and carrying empty dishes to the kitchen.

"Please finish up the dishes and make sure to put all leftovers back into the fridge." She instructs, heading to the door.

"I'll see you later, Oppa." She pats Chanyeol's head on her way out.


"How did the two of you run into each other?" Sehun inquires, seeing the smile fall off Chanyeol's face after the door shuts close behind Heeyoung.

"Forget about me, I want to ask why Jongin didn't call or text when Heeyoung stayed out so late?" Chanyeol looks at the CEO, who's calmly eating his breakfast. 

"I understand this is a business deal for you, but you're getting married. She's your responsibility and she wasn't home until after midnight, but you weren't even slightly worried, rather you were getting drunk?"  Chanyeol scolds,

"Let's just finish eating." Sehun steps in, not wanting to start the day off with an argument. Sehun understands Chanyeol's concern but Jongin wasn't carelessly getting drunk, he was drinking to stop himself from caring about Baekhyun's little sister, as the idiot is still trying to hold on to Jihyun.

Chanyeol hurries through his breakfast, washing Heeyoung and his dishes before walking out the door with a simple good bye, leaving the two younger males to clean up after themselves.


"Chanyeol is just concerned, since Heeyoung is Baekhyun's little sister." Sehun speaks up, as they're cleaning up.

"I know." Jongin sighs, shutting the fridge.

"I'm not going to push you, but work out your feelings before it's too late." Sehun sighs. A smirk blooming on his face as his eyes land on the counter,

"Jongie Bear." Jongin groans at the cringey nickname from his school years, turning to glare at his best friend,

Sehun is holding up a familiar cute bear shaped bento box with a sticky note attached indicating it's for CEO Kim.

"How cute." Sehun chuckles, handing the box over to Jongin while he picks up the panda labeled for him.


The CEO is reading over a documents, when his phone starts ringing with a video call from Sehun,

"How was the food prepared by my dear sister-in-law?" Sehun asks as soon as Jongin picks up.

"Since when did she become your sister-in-law?" Jongin frowns at the lawyer,

"Since she packed me lunch. How's the food?"  Sehun asks, though seeing the clueless look on the CEO's face, he understands the man is still working and has even forgotten to eat.

"Kim Jongin, it's lunch time. Work can wait for a few minutes." Sehun scolds, Jongin rolls his eyes.

Grabbing the bento box from the mini-fridge under his desk and heading over to the couch.

Inside the box, the bottom-most layer is stuffed with rice topped with a tofu and vegetable stir-fry. The middle layer has kimchi and egg rolls, while the top layer is cut fruit. Sehun points at the difference between their lunchboxes as Jongin's is stuffed with the CEO's favorite fruit, strawberries.

"Sister-in-law is amazing." Sehun comments, Jongin finds himself nodding along.


9 Fools and the intellects (That's literally the name of the group chat.)

thank you for the wonderful lunch. <3. yum! [Image attached] ~ lawyermaknae 1:12pm.

Jong, yours 2. ~ lawyermaknae 1:12pm

you're annoying. [Image attached] ~ ceokim 1:15pm

sister-in-law Heeyoung is the best. <3. ~ lawyermakne 1:18pm

youve never called any of our girlfriends sister-in-law. /:) ~ minpsych 1:20 pm.

have they ever made a bento box for me? \:( I think not. ~ lawyermaknae. 1:21pm.

enjoy. ~ minpsych. 1:22 pm.

enjoy ~ VP.LJH 1:22pm

It looks really good. enjoy! :) juncotton 1:23 pm

that does look good. who made it? ~ unicornxing. 1:23 pm.

my favorite sister-in-law, heeyoung. ~ lawyermaknae 1:23pm.

i see how it is, Oh Sehun ~ Pres.Doh. 1:24 pm

yum, indeed. Heeyoung is the best. [Image attached] ~ baristayeol. 1:25 pm.

thanks for lunch. :) [image attached] ~ baristayeol 1:26 pm. The picture shows Minhyuk showing off his box, while Baekyhun stuffs himself on the side.

not fair, where's my box. ~ dae1 1:26pm

i'm going to have a talk with heeyoung. ~ dae1 1:26pm.

jealous. you should be. kyungsoo hyung, her food is almost as good as yours. ~ lawyer maknae. 1:27pm.

good. i hope you'll stop annoying me to cook for you. ~ ChefDoh. 1:29 pm.

not happening. I love your food the most. after my mother's ofcourse. ~ lawyermaknae. 1:29 pm.

go annoy someone else. ~ ChefDoh. 1:32pm.


Heeyoung is reading over a report when a knock sounds on her door, looking up to see Minhyuk poking his head inside,

"Lunch time." He cheers,

"Just give me a minute." She tells him, quickly finishing up her work  while Minhyuk patiently waits for her.

"My brother will be joining us for lunch today, along with his friend Chanyeol." She informs him as they're heading to the rooftop garden.

"Brother? Vice President Byun?" Minhyuk whispers, Heeyoung nods her head.

"Maybe I shouldn't join you." He tries to excuse himself,

"Why not? I've already told them I'm bringing a friend." She assures him, as they see Baekhyun and Chanyeol waiting for them,

"You're here." Chanyeol notices first, followed by Baehkhyun, who hurries to take the bag from Heeyoung.

"You got the drinks." Heeyoung points out, beaming as Chanyeol hands her a familiar blue soda can.

"And you got the food." Chanyeol jokes, helping her spread out the food.

"Wow." Baekhyun muses, looking over his box of rice and stir-fried tofu and vegetables along with kimchi, egg rolls and a fruit salad.

As they're about to start eating, three phones start ringing with incoming texts. Chanyeol chuckles reading over the texts, leaning close to Heeyoung to show her the message before turning his phone to take a picture, capturing Baekhyun mid-bite.


Are you home? ~ Unknown number 5:45pm

Who is this? ~ Favorite SIL 5:50pm

Oh Sehun, the lawyer, your fiance's best friend. The handsome specimen. ~  Unknown number Oh Sehun ~ 5:55pm

Yes. I'm currently at the house. Did you need something? ~ Favorite SIL 5:57pm

I wanted to come over and discuss the prenup? The elders want it signed asap. ~ Oh Sehun  6:00pm

CEO Kim isn't here though. ~ Fav SIL 6:00pm

Oh. I'll text him. ~ Oh Sehun  6:01pm

Oh okay. Have you had dinner? ~ Fav SIL. 6:02pm

I haven't. ~ Oh Sehun 6:02pm

Join us for dinner? Unless you have plans. ~ Fav SIL 6:02pm

No plans at all. ~ Oh Sehun 6:03pm.


The man behind the desk is tiredly scanning through words on his computer screen when he gets a call from his best friend,

"You're still at work, aren't you?" Sehun guesses, the silence gives him his answer,

"Kim Jongin, I'm going to be at your house in half-an-hour. Don't let me get there before you." Sehun warns, quickly hanging up.

Jongin doesn't think twice, saving his work and gathering his things. He surprises his secretaries when he runs out of his office, but before they can comment, the boss has already left.

He drives like a maniac, trying to get home before Oh Sehun. He's not sure what the lawyer might do, but he's not tempted to find out, considering Sehun is fu*king unpredictable. He breathes a sigh of relief, noticing Sehun's usual parking spot empty as he gets out of the car.

Entering his apartment, he's greeted with a delicious aroma from the kitchen, his feet automatically walking towards it. He leans against the dining table, watching his fiancee work on dinner.

The doorbell rings, causing Heeyoung to look towards the door, which is when she notices Jongin. Jongin freezes after being caught gawking at her, but quickly composes himself as they hear the passcode entered and the door opens.

"Would you look at that?" Sehun smirks, glancing between his watch and Jongin.

Before he can get teased, Jongin excuses himself to get changed while Sehun heads into the kitchen.


"You're an amazing cook." Sehun compliments, extending his bowl for another serving of the stew.

"Thank you." Heeyoung gives him a small smile, as Jongin slowly extends his bowl for another serving.

Sehun huffs at Jongin, but chooses to keep quiet, as they finish up dinner.

The men are left in charge of the dishes, while Heeyoung cleans up.

Sehun deeply sighs for the nth time, before Jongin finally breaks and asks, "What's wrong?"

"Now that sister-in-law is here, I no longer have a dinner buddy." Sehun sighs, pouting at Heeyoung when she looks over at him,

Jongin and Heeyoung share a brief look, before Heeyoung clears ,

"You can always join us." Heeyoung offers, the pout on Sehun's face turning to a bright smile,

"Thank you so much. Sister-in-law is the best." Sehun states, giving Heeyoung a side hug, while Jongin watches on amused.

~

"Let's end this day peacefully, okay." Sehun looks at Jongin, signaling him to not cause any problems with Heeyoung. Jongin curses Sehun for being a traitor all because he was fed delicious food.

"Shouldn't you be warning her, too?" Jongin scowls at the lawyer, but Sehun waves him off,

"Heeyoung is awesome, you're the issue."

"Traitor." Jongin spits, but Sehun ignores him as Heeyoung heads over.

"Let's start with....."

Thankfully, they manage to get through it calmly without any major issues. 

"Lawyer Oh, my lawyer will be getting in touch with you soon. I just wanted to give you a heads up." Heeyoung informs him, before greeting the two men goodnight and heading to her room.

~

Heeyoung pauses, hearing the front door open and close, indicating Sehun leaving. She stays still hearing footsteps echoing down the hallway, momentarily stopping in front of her door before walking away.

"Goodnight Jongin." She whispers, just as the door shuts.


The engaged couple set a routine life, which starts when Jongin heads to the gym and returns to find Heeyoung in the kitchen. After his morning routine, he finds breakfast on the table. 

Jongin rushes through his morning routine, fearing Heeyoung might leave, but to his relief she waits for him to get started on breakfast. However, the awkwardness between the two didn't allow for any conversation and they spent the meal in comfortable silence. He tries offering her a ride to work, but since their neighbor is her colleague, he doesn't get a chance. During lunch, Sehun and Jongdae both barge into his office demanding the CEO share his lunch, but to their disappointment, Jongin has already finished it. In the evening, Jongin leaves work early to help Heeyoung with dinner. Heeyoung is clearly surprised to see the CEO, but manages to school her expression before instructing Jongin with what he can do.

Sehun pops up, a little after Jongin and helps them set the table. Sehun's presence proves to be much needed since he makes it easy for the three to communicate by guiding the conversation. After cleaning up, Heeyoung usually heads back to her room, while the two friends hang out for a few, before Sehun leaves for the night.

They follow that schedule for the next few days, with Chanyeol and Baekhyun joining them for dinner once. Though the routine is disturbed on Friday as the men have dubbed Fridays as their Night, spending the night at their favorite hangout spot at the private nightclub or at one of their places, if they don't feel up for a night out. Heeyoung gets to enjoy having the apartment all to herself Friday night and the morning after as Jongin doesn't return until later in the afternoon when she's also returning from grocery shopping.

The routine continues on throughout the week and the short time spent together has made the couple slightly more comfortable, as they're able to hold short conversations without feeling the need to be hostile towards the other. Even if the majority of their conversation revolves around work, Sehun calls it progress, since superficial topics can always turn deep. Sehun starts to pull back, wanting the couple to get closer. His plan works, because Jongin and Heeyoung hanging out in the living room after dinner. They're both trying to stay ahead with work since they'll be taking close to two weeks off for their honeymoon. Unbeknownst to the other, Jongin and Heeyoung tried to have their parents cancel or shorten the trip, but the elders refused, going as far as threatening them to extend the days more, if they kept complaining.

Their last work day before her vacation, Heeyoungs works a little longer and it's past 8 when she walks out of the building. She's about to confirm her cab reservation when a familiar voice calls her name.