Midnight

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul

A surprise.

Dara woke up to Jiyong’s cryptic text message. He’s currently in Newark, which means Seoul is 14 hours ahead, and his message was sent when she was still sleeping. Dara drummed her fingers on the dining table, waiting for her laptop to turn on. She’s so excited, she almost forgot that she the coffeemaker a few minutes earlier. After fetching her coffee, she took her seat in front of her laptop once again, and logged into her email account.

The first one was from Jiyong, which said:

To my love, an advanced anniversary gift. I couldn’t help myself and booked you a flight to Toronto. I hope your schedule can accommodate my little anniversary request. I just want to see my favorite lady in person.

Ji

Attached to the email is a first class ticket for her. Dara was overjoyed. She didn’t even check her schedule yet, but she can make time for Jiyong. She always will. It touched her how he even found time for her in between the tight concert schedules.

A few days ago she was worried that Jiyong would forget about their first year anniversary, seeing how busy he’s been for the past few months. But she totally underestimated him.  She wanted to call him, but she knew he’s still sleeping, so she just left a voicemail, hoping to make him smile when he wakes up.

**

Newark

Jiyong heard Taehee knocking on his door, but he wanted to ignore it.

Just 5 more minutes.

He wanted to sleep some more, but then remembered the email he sent Dara. His excitement got him sitting up in bed, groping through the sheets for his phone. There were many notifications, mainly from social media, but his eyes lit up when he saw the only notification he wanted to read.

Or hear. It was a voicemail from Dara.

Ji, I know you’re still sleeping. I’m here, sipping my coffee and wishing terribly that I can be with you. You made my day with your early anniversary gift…and *sniff*..

Jiyong paused the audio feed.

Was Dara crying?

He pressed the play button and Dara continued speaking.

Can you imagine we made it this far? And now we’re literally very far from each other..hahaha! I just want to say thank you for being you and for letting me love you. I love you, Jiyong! And yes, I’ll see you in Toronto. Have a great day! And in case you don’t, just stare at the selfie I sent you. J

Dara sent him a selfie of her “rabbit” face (according to her atleast). It didn’t look like a rabbit at all, but it did make him smile.

Jiyong found himself grinning, but a tear rolled down his cheek. The past year with Dara (whether together or apart), were some of the happiest years he can remember. Dara loved him for him, Jiyong, not the persona everyone thought he was, and that made him appreciate her even more. She never let go of him even when he was an or when he was being difficult.

And just like that, Jiyong knew this day is going to be a good day.

He finally opened the door to let his manager in.

“I thought you died! I’ve been knocking for 10 minutes.” Taehee sarcastically said. “Everyone’s already having breakfast. Let’s go.”

Jiyong just flashed him a big grin and said he’ll be down in a few.

**

Toronto

The Toronto leg is Bigbang’s last stop before they return to Asia. All of them are exhausted, with every tour date only a few days apart, but everytime they set foot on stage, it amazed them. The yellow ocean of lightsticks before them, it was only a dream when they debuted ten years ago. And now, it was happening.

Jiyong was extra excited because Dara is arriving before lunchtime. He asked Taehee to rent a car for him, because he wanted to pick Dara up himself. Upon Taehee’s insistence, Jiyong agreed for him to tag along, just to be sure. Logistics were ironed out as well, allowing Jiyong to enter the airport without using the usual entrance.

He arrived early because he couldn’t keep still in the hotel. He was getting antsy from excitement. When the PA system announced the arrival of Dara’s flight, his heart jumped.

Gosh, I’m like a lovesick puppy.

Jiyong thought to himself, grinning. But it has been too long. Six months of not seeing Dara did crazy things to him, it was getting annoying. So annoying that his hyung, Seunghyun, said he never wants to ever fall in love because he didn’t want to end up whipped and crazy like Jiyong.

Then Jiyong saw the familiar petite frame, and his heart skipped a beat. The little lady was waving her right hand like crazy, while her left hand carried her bag.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter