In The Club

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Damn, lady, you look fine!” Top exclaimed, when he was greeted with the sight of Dara.

“I just put on some of the clothes Dami gave me…” Dara said, a little unsure of herself because of Jiyong’s reaction. She glanced at Jiyong who was still stuck in the same position, a puzzled look on his face.

Did he think I looked awkward?

Dara thought of Jiyong’s eyes which were used to seeing gorgeous women everyday. Heck, he even dated many of them. She looked at herself and saw her eternally “pre-teen” physique and winced. She held on to what Dami said, these types of dresses suited her body type well, and made her look cute.

I can take cute. Maybe not gorgeous or y, but cute is fine.

It seemed like Top noticed too, and he slapped the bigbang leader lightly on the arm.

“You, okay bro?” the tall man confirmed.

Jiyong cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair.

 “Someone’s feeling a little bit territorial, huh? When have I ever broken a promise, Jiyong? I’ll take care of Dara. Have a little faith, please.”

Jiyong just huffed, then Dara decided to lighten up the mood with a joke. It didn’t work.

“Fine. Just hit me up if you need anything.” He looked at Dara, then went back to his car to park it properly.

Just like that, she found herself inside Top’s car, heading towards Cakeshop, where the party will be held.

“So, what exactly is my “task” in this party?” Dara inquired.

“I’m not sure yet…we’ll be there to meet some people and have fun.”

“That’s it?”

“How many times did Jiyong pay you to have fun?”

Dara just snorted, not letting herself get into the crazy man’s reasoning.

A few minutes later, they turned to a corner and parked across a building that looked like a warehouse on the outside. Definitely not her idea for a party destination, but as Top loved to remind her, he was paying her to “have fun”. So here goes nothing.

They entered the establishment, which had red lights on, too edgy for her taste. It had bare minimum design and very straightforward - just an open area in the middle where people can dance, and a few stools here and there. On the corner was where the DJ was. Dara felt completely out of place.

“You okay?” The human side of Top decided to ask.

“I’m not sure…I feel like I’m not in my normal habitat.”

Top made a face.

“Aigoo, it might look intimidating, but I’m telling you, you’re going to meet the nicest people tonight.”

Dara just sighed, and followed him inside. They went to greet a group: three guys and two women. She was later introduced to all of them as Jiyong’s girlfriend and a friend of Bigbang.

“Hi, I’m Nana. It’s so nice to meet you!” She kissed Dara’s cheek and gave her a light hug. Apparently, Nana knew Top and Jiyong through Kiko. The girl seemed nice enough.

She also met Lee Min Ho, who was apparently an actor Top worked with before on a TV series. It was a bit awkward, because he assumed she knew him, but she didn’t. Not out of the guy’s lack of popularity, but Dara didn’t really follow TV shows. When she was just a “normal” citizen, her fangirling energies were all spent on Bigbang.  The rest were Christian Yu, Lee Chaerin and Se7en who were all part of the music industry. Christian was also involved in directing music videos and TV ads.

Top’s friends were all so warm and nice, but she felt she had nothing to offer to the conversation. So she just sipped on her beer as slowly as she can, and listened. It was fascinating to listen to creative people share ideas.

Probably noticing her boredom, Min Ho started a conversation with her.

“So…why did you come here alone tonight?”

“Oh…Jiyong was busy. And I had time on my hands so I accepted Top’s invitation.” Dara tried to give her most convincing smile.

“Ah. What do you do?”

“Right now, just…freelancing.”

Freelancing, LOL.

“Cool! I admire people who have the courage to let go of traditional work and just live.”

“Yeah, and it gives me a lot of time to spend with people I love and my hobbies as well.”

Dara just realized she was a decent liar. Not something to brag about, but something that will probably save her from nosy people.

“What kind of hobbies?”

Wow this man is nosy.

“I kind of write songs for myself…just for fun. How about you?”

“Wait…G-Dragon’s girlfriend also writes songs?? Well, me, I’m practically a grandpa. I just like relaxing on the beach and being with nature and all that stuff.”

Dara just nodded, wishing this Min Ho guy will leave her alone. Top, who was busy talking to those pretty women she met earlier, was of absolutely no help. Argh.

“If it’s okay, can you show me a sample of your work?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter