Time Heals All Wounds

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back to regular programming after being spoiled for a week, Dara had renewed energy to get to work.

Fetching Jiyong’s laundry Cooking snacks and meals Making sure the apartment is in tiptop shape Being Jiyong’s allaround assistant during practice sessions, making sure he has what he needed

All of these routine tasks were much easier to do now that Dara did it with love. She resolved to come to terms with her situation – she is his assistant, a pretend girlfriend and his friend at best. It was a bit awkward when she got back to an empty apartment (she had no idea when Jiyong came in from Jeju), but she woke up with him all showered up and ready for the Monday back to work.

Scratching her still sleepy eyes, she went to the kitchen and saw the object of much of her emotions and overthinking sessions of late, pouring a cup of coffee for himself.

“Jiyong, let me do that.”

“I can manage.” He said, with a small smile.

“I didn’t hear you come in. I hope you had a good flight back.”

I know you wanted to stay longer with Kiko, a thought Dara pushed out of her head.

“I was supposed to fly in later, but some things didn’t work out.”

“Oh.” Dara felt intrigued, but didn’t ask for more information.

“Yeah.”

Well, there was something going on, but Dara was not sure how to ask about it. Jiyong seemed preoccupied with something.

“Uhm, Jiyong, thank you for the guitar. It’s beautiful.”

“You deserve it, Tokki. You’ve been working so hard.”

“Aigoo, it’s my job.” Dara flashed him a smile. “If you’re hungry, I can heat up some food. I made dinner last night, because I wasn’t sure if you’ll be home.”

“Sounds good.” Jiyong watched as she prepared the food. “I didn’t know you played any instruments.”

“Yeah, I write songs for fun.” She replied, shyly. “It’s not like your songs, but it’s just something I do to take my mind off of things.”

Jiyong just nodded, then stared back at his mug of coffee.

There was still this unshakable feeling of something not being right, but Dara didn’t want to pry. All night, she was preparing herself to tell Jiyong about her plan of moving out. She had to get it out before she chickens out and changes her mind.

“I’d like to hear one of those songs someday.” Jiyong mentioned.

Dara just managed a nod and a smile.

“Jiyong..”

“Hmm?” The man responded while sipping through his coffee.

“I'll be apartment hunitng with Bom and Top today."

“Oh.”

Dara looked at his face, unsure of what she’s seeing. He didn’t seem pleased, but she can see something come over his face…something like the expression she saw that night at the garden before he left.

“I’ve been imposing on your kindness for so long..and now that I’d  saved up some money I can move out.”

Jiyong gave out an airy chuckle, but it didn’t feel like a happy one.

“Imposing? I thought you were very comfortable here. Why waste money on an apartment?” He shook his head. “Anyway, that’s your decision to make. You’re a grown-up.”

“I promise, I will still be as attentive to your needs. Things won’t change.” Dara tried to make light of the situation by smiling.

“If you say so.” Jiyong answered with a smile that looked so forced.

Why did Dara feel so heavy all of a sudden?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter