The Heart Wants What it Wants

Something Borrowed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bigbang did not have any shows or promotions to do and YG sajangnim allowed them to have the rest of the week off. It was a Monday morning when she saw the blue post-it on the fridge:

Weirdo, I’m gonna take off for a few days. Kiko’s in Seoul and she wants to hang out.

P.S. I know, I’ll be careful. No one will see us together.

P.P.S. Please don’t burn the house down.

J

Dara sighed, surprised by the sinking feeling in her stomach. She had to remind herself that she is not really Jiyong’s girlfriend. He has been friendly to her since their “friendship day” but being a friend and worse, an employee, is a stark contrast from being Jiyong’s girlfriend. Her mind strayed towards Jiyong and Kiko and the things they might be doing right at that moment.

“Aish, stop being a crybaby!” Dara exclaimed with a slap to her cheeks. “Jiyong is happy with someone he loves. And when he’s happy he’s nicer.” Dara told herself, as if trying to control the rising tide of disappointment she was feeling.

She then went and made herself a cup of coffee. Suddenly, it dawned on her that not having Jiyong around means she’s free to do whatever she wants. Her mood brightened. Being Jiyong’s pretend girlfriend and real personal assistant had taken a huge chunk of her time and energy. This barely gave her time to do stuff that she liked. Unknown to anyone besides Bom, Dara liked writing poems and songs when she has the time. She studied marketing in the Philippines, but she didn’t really have exemplary grades because her heart was into arts, specifically writing. She used to make her own songs (which Bom called too emo and silly, at times, but really catchy) for fun. It was her creative outlet. But then a few months ago, she had to sell her guitar when she was short on cash. Not that she can afford one now, but she’s slowly saving some money to buy a cheap, secondhand one.

Dara picked up her phone and dialed Bom’s number.

Bom: *excited scream*

Dara: Yah, I’m going to go deaf because of you! Stop it!

Bom: Mianhe, I was just very excited. It feels like I haven’t seen you in years! How are you?

Dara: I’m doing well. So far, Jiyong has managed to not kill me and vice versa. I’m free for the week. Do you want to hang out?

Bom: Say no more! I’m on my way.

There was a pause, and then Bom sheepishly asked, “Where am I going?”

Dara laughed, realizing she missed Bom’s overexcited and impulsive personality. “The apartment. Jiyong’s.” Dara responded with a chuckle.

“See you!!!!” Bom excitedly exclaimed, before she hung up.

Twenty minutes later, Bom was in the living room, eyeing Dara suspiciously. Dara tried to escape her gaze, pretending to write something on her notebook. Bom munched on chips, still staring at Dara.

“Yah, stop pretending that you’re writing something. Spill the beans.” Bom urged, confidently.

There are moments when Dara swore Bom can read her mind. It was eerie how her bestfriend knows her. Dara squirmed in her seat, debating whether to open up or not. She relented, knowing Bom would know she was lying.

“Fine. I called you up because I was feeling a little sad.” Dara said in a whisper. She felt a little embarrassed.

“Did Jiyong do something to you?” Bom cocked her head to the side, as if in deep thought. “Wait, now that I think about it, you never rant to me about h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter