Darkness

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huang Renjun would have been happy to serve customers at the register instead of sulking behind the coffee machines if Kim Doyoung wasn’t the manager on duty for today. 

 

Huang Renjun would also be smiling at the two people in front of him if Kim Doyoung wasn’t the manager on duty for today.

 

“So Herin-ah…why are you here again?” Renjun asked the younger for the seventh time as she held up the dye that Donghyuck had supposedly given her. It was jet black and the exact brand that he had texted Donghyuck when he was running desperately to not be late.

“Donghyuck-oppa told me to get this and said that you had someone who wanted to dye their hair,” She replied for the seventh time as Renjun eyed the dye curiously.

“Why didn’t he get it?” Renjun asked for the sixth time, seeing how Herin, as patient as she usually was, rolled her eyes before answering again.

“He has to discuss something with my brother,” Herin replied again, rolling her eyes for good measure. “Look, I’ve had enough of this. Where’s the guy whose hair I’m going to dye? If he’s not here, I’m going to return this,” She complained, waving the packet of the hair dye and watching Renjun’s eyes following it.

“Ge, who is she again?” A boyish voice asked in Chinese and Renjun almost forgot that he had a companion with him. The sudden question was enough for Renjun to almost burn his hand from pouring a hot cup of coffee.

“She’s Mark-hyung’s younger sister, her name's Herin,” Renjun replied in his mother language and glanced at Yukhei who had come out of the kitchens of the cafe. Vaguely, Renjun remembers that Yukhei came a bit later than he did and receiving a lecture from the manager on duty, Kim Doyoung.

 

“What table’s this for, Jun?” Yukhei asked him in slow Korean as he took the cup from Renjun’s hold.

“It’s in a take away paper cup, Yukehi-hyung…the name’s Jun…Jung…” Renjun stuttered trying to read Ten-hyung’s handwriting. It wasn’t messy…but Renjun was tired and if the writing wasn’t in his first language, he was going to struggle reading it.

“Jungwoo!” Yukhei called out after deciphering the letters and handed over the cup to the customer (Renjun noticed Yukhei's cheeks being redder than normal). 

“The guy is sitting right there. The lavender haired one,” Renjun told Herin as she was still waiting, understanding the whole busy atmosphere of the cafe in the evening as business men and women came after locking up their offices.

“You mean this kid right here?! The one next to me?!” Herin exclaimed, pointing to Chenle as if he wasn’t human…as if he was an animal and they were in a zoo.

“Herin-ah, don’t point - that’s rude. And yes, the one sitting next to you,” Renjun replied in an even voice despite the massive headache that he had growing in the back of his skull.

“Renjun-oppa…but that’s…Zhong Chenle…” Herin whispered, leaning over the counter as Renjun was cleaning the coffee machine. He nodded his head to Yukhei who had gone back to the register area to clean and serve customers if necessary.

“Um yeah…and?” He replied, eloquently like he always does whenever people point out that Chenle was a rich and famous figure.

“And? And? Haven’t you heard what’s happening? People are saying he ran away from home!” Herin whisper-shouted and Renjun raised an eyebrow. Sure, they weren’t wrong or anything but…

“So what’s the problem?” 

“What’s the problem? What’s the problem? Oh my freaking lord, Huang Renjun! The Zhongs will kill you if they find out what you’re doing!” Herin exclaimed, worry evident in her dark irises. “Are you sure about this?!”

“Look, the situation is actually more complicated than it seems but I’m sure. It’s not going to be for forever anyway and if they’re on the lookout for him, all the more reason for him to dye his hair,” Renjun explained, looking away from Herin’s face as it mad him feel nervous…like he was being interrogated or something. Yeah…that’s right…this whole taking care of a CEO’s son is only temporary…Chenle will be out of the apartment before I know it and then I won’t have to deal with these interrogations anymore.

 

“You are so lucky I’m a good person, Huang Renjun.”

“I beg to differ.”

“Anyway! Fine, I’ll dye his hair but if anyone asks me about this, I’m going to lie and say that I didn’t do it,” Herin stated before she took Chenle’s wrist in her hand and Renjun felt a hard stab to his stomach at the sight of it.

“Alright, alright. I’ll stop over at your place when my shift’s done,” Renjun replied, already exhausted despite having been at the store for only half an hour at least. After seeing the younger girl nod seriously, Renjun switched to Chinese to communicate easier with the younger Chinese male. “Chenle, Herin is going to dye your hair okay?”

“Okay but ge-“ Not wanting to hear Chenle complain, Renjun cut him off.

“Don’t piss her off too much and actually listen to her.”

“Okay but seriously ge-“

“I’ll pick you up after my shift which is around 9 so please be good until then?” Renjun asked the younger male, not wanting Herin to have any trouble with him, especially since this was on such short notice.

“Okay ge but what I’m trying to say is that Hina-noona arrived like three minutes ago and that she’s been patting my head ever since!” Chenle shouted and that was when Renjun realised that the Japanese female was behind him, affectionately patting the lavender locks.

“Hina,” Renjun spat out, not aware of the venom that was in his voice or the hint of possessiveness that was evident. It was obvious the other was quite amused at it though.

“What’s up, Jun?” Was her reply and somehow the common nickname made him feel slightly more possessive and worried because what if Chenle isn’t safe?

 

“Yukhei needs a chai latte for table 2 so either make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter