Black

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait, wait, wait...hold up...you and Jeno...aren't dating?" Were the first words that Renjun heard (from Donghyuck's mouth, no less) when he entered the cafe ten minutes before the clock struck 4 in the afternoon. He didn't want to keep the younger Chinese male waiting when he seemed so distressed on the phone the day prior. I hope he's alright...he hasn't answered any of my texts or calls...

"What is this about our married couple?" He asked as he approached his usual seat behind the counter, the one that was in front of the machines and joined the conversation that was taking place on the other side. 

"Can you believe that this piece of isn't dating the slighter better looking piece of ?" Donghyuck asked him as he pointed incredously at Jaemin who was making an order at the machine. Renjun raised an eyebrow as he noticed that Mark-hyung was behind the register and taking orders with a smile that made almost every female their age drop either the cash they were handing over or their card. 

"Actually, I can. They never really told us and we never really asked," Renjun replied and smiled at Jaemin when he saw a grateful expression on the other's face.

"But they were my OTP!" Donghyuck protested as he went over to Mark-hyung (his unannounced boyfriend) to probably complain since all the customers that were lining to order had been dealt with.

"Is it true?" Renjun asked Jaemin and chuckled slightly at Jaemin's hurt expression. That might be the expression I wear if he isn't alright...

"Of course it's true! I don't make like that up!" Jaemin protested, clearly trying not to spill the coffee.

"Alright, alright but...do you want to date him?" Renjun asked while witnessing the features of Jaemin's face soften. How could Jeno not see how whipped his friend was for him?

"Is it wrong if I do?" Jaemin asked, voice small and unsure.

"Of course it isn't, Jaemin! If you like him, tell him. If you want to date him, date him. Please do it because Donghyuck seems to be giving Mark-hyung a headache right now," Renjun said as he witnessed the scene that was unravelling behind the register. Donghyuck had opened two sugar packets and was throwing sugar at the older one in front of him. How those two were still working here, Renjun hadn't the faintest idea. 

"It's not as simple as that even if I wish it was...I feel like Hyuck just ships us and doesn't actually see how much it hurts me," Jaemin solemnly said and sighed as he excused himself to deliver the coffee he made to the necessary table as the other two were clearly not going to do anything other than fight and flirt. When Jaemin came back to work on the next order (albeit sadly) was the moment that the bell attached to the cafe door rung, signalling that people had arrived. Renjun almost got whiplash from how fast his head turned to see...

 

Not Chenle. 

 

Kouen-noona wasn't Chenle.

 

Hina wasn't Chenle.

 

Neither of them were Chenle and Renjun hated how he expected Chenle...there was still around five minutes before 4PM hit and it wasn't guaranteed that Chenle and his brother would come at 4PM sharp.

 

"Expected someone else, Renjun?" Hina asked him, smirk evident on her face as she laughed lightly at his expression. At this point, he wasn't even going to try and deny it.

"Aw, is our Renjun finally growing up?" Kouen teased after she kissed Hina on the cheek and walked to the staff area of the cafe to change into her barista uniform. Hina smiled after her and the amount of sweetness that was emitted from the two almost made Renjun throw up. Almost.

"Yeah, he's waiting for his crush," Jaemin stated as he made a design on top of the cup of coffee he had made with milk. Suddenly, I don't know a Na Jaemin. Who's Na Jaemin? Oh Na Jaemin who wants to date Lee Jeno but isn't dating Lee Jeno? Nope, never heard of him at all.

"Wait Jaemin and Jeno aren't dating?" Hina asked him and Renjun realised he had said his whole monologue out loud. . This was going to be the worst day ever.

"Renjun! I feel betrayed!" Jaemin shouted as Kouen came after changing and delivered the coffee to the table that was waiting for it. As if on autopilot, Jaemin started making the next one.

"Jaemin, we all thought you two were dating for a reason..." Renjun let his statement fade and sensed Hina use the opportunity to speak her mind...not that she would do it whether she had the opportunity or not.

"Yeah, I was already looking at dresses to wear to your wedding because we all know I'm going to be a best woman!" Hina exclaimed and laughed loudly at the end of that before Jaemin threw an empty coffee machine capsule at her.

"Itai..." 

"You deserved it," Renjun replied to the other's pout as she held onto the spot on her forehead that had been abused by the piece of rubbish.

"Anyway, since when did you and Kouen get together?" Jaemin asked the pouting girl who visibly brightened up at the question. 

"Two weeks ago! But she didn't even actually ask, she just went for the kiss and we decided that we were dating the day after," Hina explained and beamed happiness as Kouen smiled at her from behind the counter as she waited for Jaemin to finish making the order.

"Technically, I did ask you. You just didn't hear it because you were too busy listening to Back-On and I grew frustrated," Kouen deadpanned despite the smile on her face and turned to Jaemin. "Anyway, what's this about you not dating Jeno-yah?"

"How do you even know?" It would be weirder if she didn't know, Jaemin...

"Donghyuck-ah has been screaming it for a while at Mark, look," Kouen stated as she pointed at Donghyuck who was shaking Mark back and forth by his shoulders. 

 

"What do you mean they're not dating?! It's obvious they like each other!"

"Hyuck, they're not. Jaemin said so himself."

"But Minhyung! They're perfect for each other!"

"Maybe Jeno just doesn't realise that yet?"

"I want them to be together!"

With each new whine or complaint, Mark swayed back and forth more due to Donghyuck putting more effort into the shake. 

 

"RIP, Mark-oppa," Hina commented once they all left the two in their own little fight behind the register. At that moment, the door chimed once again and it seemed like Renjun's stomach was doing somersaults. It has to be past 4...it HAS to be...

 

He did not see lavender hair.

 

He did not hear a dolphin screeching his name.

 

He only tasted dread and disappointment in his mouth as he saw the one and only Lee Jeno in all of his model glory. He didn't realise that he sighed until Jeno raised an eyebrow at him.

 

"Disappointed to see me? I'm offended, Jun," Jeno commented as he took a seat on Renjun's right since Hina was sitting to his left. "Nice to see you too, Jaemin, Hina, Kouen-noona."

"Please, Jeno, if anything...people here are more pleased to see you," Kouen commented with a smirk from behind the counter and Renjun heard the sound of Jaemin kicking her shin.

"Yeah right, you guys-"

"You never know, Jeno-sshi," Hina interrupted with an identical smirk that earned a glare from the male who was making drinks on autopilot behind the counter. 

"Okay...anyway, why so disappointed to see me, Injun? Waiting for someone?" This ...

"You know perfectly well who I'm waiting for, Lee Jeno," Renjun replied, venom lacing his words as he glared at the teen model. You were THERE when I told him to meet me here!!

"Renjun's waiting for someone?" Kouen asked, genuinely curious and Renjun knew that her protective instincts would rise once she knew of the effects that the one he was waiting for had on him.

"Yeah, his crush apparently," Hina said, shrugging and turned to Renjun in her chair. "It's nice to know that you're going out there and being social! I mean, you have to get over Sicheng-oppa someday, right?" She asked, cheerful but everyone could sense the hope in her voice that Renjun would get over the other who was his precious friend...but also the reason why all his friends wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter