Notes

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, you seriously need to move back into your own home, Renjun,” Jaehyun said in greeting when he returned from work yet again. Renjun was currently on the couch, watching the news about the dating scandal that had reappeared in the Nakamoto News firm. Seems like Yuta-hyung and Hansol-hyung sorted everything out…I hope they don’t get a repeat of what happened last time… “Renjun? Did you even hear me?”

“I can’t go back, hyung!” At Jaehyun’s dead stare, Renjun jumped up from the couch to go towards the other male, looking up at him cutely just so that he didn’t have to go back to his apartment. “It reminds me of him!”

“Renjun…You need to go back because I can’t interview anyone when you take up the whole couch!” Jaehyun argued, making Renjun huff in response. 

“FINE! I’LL MOVE BACK!” He screamed childishly but knew that he had to move sooner or later - it was a given. He couldn’t stay at Jaehyun’s place forever. As he was packing the things that he brought, Jaehyun ruffled his hair. 

“It’s good to see you actually showing life again. It was almost as if you couldn’t function,” Jaehyun said and smiled softly at Renjun, making Renjun feel even more guilty. Observations of rich people #56: The ones that care for them the most are the ones who can’t function when they disappear. Was I really that much of a nuisance?

“I’m sorry that I was such a nuisance, hyung…” Renjun apologised, trailing off what he had planned to say and falling into a silent farewell. He heard Jaehyun chuckle before the older pinched his cheek. 

“Just try your best make sure that it doesn’t happen again,” Jaehyun replied, smiling softly at the younger who looked up at him and nodded.

“All I can do is try my best.”

“That’s all we’ll ever ask for, Injun.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

When Renjun entered his apartment, the first thing he noticed was the absence of barks that would usually make him feel welcome. …I forgot about Jem…I hope someone-

 

“Welcome back! Jaehyun-hyung told me you were coming back and since I’m the only one with a key…I decided to clean the place up a little like I have been doing every other week…”

 

Renjun didn’t expect to see one of his closest friends, Na Jaemin, appear from the bedroom hallway with a bunch of dirty bedsheets in his hands. Is this what they did when I was sulking?

“Jeno’s taken Jem on a walk. He’ll be back soon,” Jaemin stated, walking across to the laundry area and shoving the bedsheets into the washing machine. “Jeno, Mark, Hyuck, Hina, Kouen and myself all helped to make sure your place still seemed to have someone living in it.” Renjun didn’t know what to say…he didn’t deserve hospitality to this extent. They shouldn’t have done this…I don’t-

“And before you say that you didn’t deserve it, you do, Jun!” He heard Jaemin scream from the laundry area and chuckled, making his way over and going through the kitchen to the laundry area. However, a little note on the fridge that was accompanied by a picture made him stop in his tracks to inspect it. 

 

The picture was of Chenle and himself playing the pocky game. The chocolate coated biscuit was between both of their mouths and Renjun remembered how red Chenle’s cheeks had gotten when they were playing it with Mark and Donghyuck screaming since the two didn’t think Renjun had the guts to play. This was taken by Hyuck using Chenle’s phone…did he print it out? Smiling at the memory, Renjun realised that his cheeks were just as red as Chenle’s in the photo and tried to ignore the pang of pain that resounded throughout his body. Attached to the picture was a small post-it note with the words ‘I’m sorry I can’t play this with you now but I will when I get back!!’. A small smiley face was drawn beneath the words and Renjun felt his mouth hang open a little.

 

“Oh yeah, those were there when we started taking care of your place. There’s more around the house and we decided to leave it alone…” Jaemin said from behind him, sentence trailing off as the door bell to the apartment rang. “I’ll get it, Jun.” He heard Jaemin say softly to him before Jaemin’s footsteps disappeared in the direction of the door. He heard Jeno’s and Jaemin’s voices exchange a conversation but couldn’t bring himself to decipher the words they were saying as he stared at that picture, remembering how happy the two of them were. 

 

And now…he’s gone…

 

It wasn’t until barking was heard and feeling something rub against his right leg that Renjun was able to bring himself out of his memories. Looking down, he had never been more relieved to see his p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter