Red

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ge, it's Jeno. He wants to speak with you," Were the words that Renjun woke up to the day after Chenle moved into his apartment with him. Checking the clock, he noticed that it was three in the morning before taking the phone that Chenle was holding. This is too big to be my phone...is it Chenle's?

"Lee Jeno, what the hell is important enough for me to know at-" Renjun's sentence was cut off by someone sobbing. Was that Jeno crying?

"Sorry Renjun but I'm not the one who wants to talk to you and you weren't picking up your phone," Jeno replied, sounding truly sorry. So why was Chenle awake anyway? 

"Nana, he's on," Jeno said to someone else who was with him and sniffles were heard. 

"Renjun?" He sounds so sad and heartbroken. This better not have been Jeno's doing...

"Hey, Jaemin. I'm here, get it out of your system," Renjun replied, knowing full well that if he asked the other if he was alright, the only answer he would get would be laced with sarcasm. Feeling more awake than he did a few seconds ago, Renjun sat up and rested his back against the headboard.

"I...People...I don't know what to do!" Of course Na Jaemin wouldn't know how to word his problem.

"Jaemin, seriously, you're worrying me. What happened?" Renjun asked, voice urgent. He heard Jaemin take a deep breath on the other end of the line and felt Chenle move closer to him, wrap his arms around his waist and place his head on his left shoulder. Renjun swore his heart nearly broke from how adorable the other was being. GIving the younger a questioning look (Chenle avoided his gaze), he returned to the main conversation on the phone.

"Some people saw yesterday...and we just found the thread and now-" Jaemin's sentence was cut off by an ugly sob and mumbled something to Jeno.

"Sorry Renjun but he was the one who wanted to call," Jeno apologised and Renjun sighed, feeling Chenle's grip on his waist tighten. He tried giving the younger another questioning look but saw that the other had hidden in face in Renjun's shoulder. The slight pink tint on his cheeks weren't looked over by the older Chinese male.

 

"Quit saying sorry and just tell me what's going on," Renjun replied, tiredness and worry etched in his every word.

"Basically after you rudely left us without saying anything at the cafe to go home with your boyfriend-"

"Jeno, stop being salty and get to the point."

"Right. Well after Jaemin got scolded by the devil manager, he was put on barista duty and not customer service duty. So, I decided to actually do something about the situation-"

"Did Donghyuck force you to?"Donghyuck probably forced him to.

"Yes...anyway, we talked it out when he was making a drink and I apologised a lot. Then, I kind of...asked him out?" Jeno replied, voice rising at the end to indicate a question.

"Why do you sound so unsure about that?"

"Because I don't know if saying'Na Jaemin, when will you stop being a and actually date me?' counts as asking him out." Renjun snorted in amusement and got a questioning look from Chenle. Oh now he wants to show his face, huh?

"You actually said that to him?" Renjun asked in disbelief and absentmindedly wrapped his free left arm around the younger who was attached to him like a koala, pulling him closer as he did. Is this alright? I hope he's fine with this.

"Well yeah...I was frustrated, okay!"

"Yeah sure, okay. What did he say?" Renjun felt Chenle bury in his face into his shoulder and swore that he felt Chenle smile through the fabric of his pyjama top. Guess he is.

"He said, and I quote, 'When you decide to actually stop saying my full name like that' to which I replied 'But I like the sound of your name' because it's completely true but then Donghyuck shouted from across the cafe 'He means he wants you to change it!' so I panicked."

"What does this have to do with Jaemin crying? It sounds like a cringy drama."

"I'm not done yet, be patient child."

"I'm older than y-"

"So I panicked and thought he wasn't going to accept my feelings because he glared at Donghyuck but then I asked him if it was true and well..."

"Still don't know where this is leading."

"I'm going to skip over the details. After his shift ended, we went to go and eat so I held his hand again. We happened to see Taeyong-hyung when we went past the studio building as he was coming out and asked if we were dating again. Of course, I answered 'yes' this time but some fans of mine were nearby and we didn't know and if you search my name up on twitter, it should be explanatory enough."

"So people don't approve of both of you dating?" Worry and uneasiness began to settle in Renjun's stomach as he gripped the phone in his right had a little tighter.

"It's split into thirds. The first third is supportive, say we match well and move on with their lives. The second third doesn't really care about it and just worry if it would affect my career or Jaemin's career or the company's reputation. It shouldn't though because I know for a fact that Taeyong-hyung is courting Yuta-hyung but you don't really need to know tha-"

"Wait...Yuta as in Yuta-hyung?!" Renjun asked incredulously and got a questioning look from Chenle again. Even though he looked adorable at the moment, it seemed as if he wanted to join the conversation but Renjun didn't think it would be his place to tell Chenle what was going on. So instead, he patted the other's waist in reassurance that the identity of Yuta was just trivial.

"Yes? Why does this need confirmation? There's only one Yuta-hyung that I rant about-"

"Yuta as in Hina's half brother?! That Yuta?!" Renjun still couldn't believe this. It seemed like the next big thing that would happen would be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter