Encounter

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had taken a week. One week for Renjun to deal with crazy fangirls once more ever since Zhong Chenle walked out of his life. It had only taken one week for the fangirls to leave after Zhong Chenle stopped visiting the cafe as well. He had been doing his barista job dutifully, carefully pouring in the right amount of milk to create the prettiest spiral when he heard screams coming from outside of the cafe and making it’s way in, voices overpowering the bell that signalled a customer’s arrival. 

 

“ZHONG CHENLE! I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU LEFT HIM, ZHONG CHENLE!” 

“CHENLE-OPPA! DON’T GO BACK TO HIM!”

“YOU’RE SUCH AS , ZHONG CHENLE! LEAVING HIM HANGING FOR ALL THESE MONTHS!”

“JOHNNY’S ARTICLE SAID THAT YOU HAD A PLAN! IS THIS IT?!”

 

The numerous amount of voices made Renjun’s ears ring as he slowly began to feel his stomach sink to his feet. He should have been elated - and he was - but the comments that several fans were giving him made him feel so much more worse than he already felt. 

“I DON’T SEE WHAT YOU SEE IN HIM!”

“YEAH, HE’S JUST UGLY!”

“HE DOESN’T EVEN LOOK LIKE HE HAS ANY TALENT!”

Renjun thought that Chenle would at least tell them to shut up, like he did the other time, but was thoroughly disappointed when he didn’t hear the younger scream at the fans. Renjun was sniffing by the time he gave Kouen the stupid iced coffee with medium roasted beans for table twelve. He felt Kouen’s stare on his sorry form before he felt the hand that landed on his shoulder as the screams got louder. 

“WHAT GOOD IS HE FOR?”

“ANSWER US, ZHONG CHENLE!”

“WILL YOU ALL JUST SHUT UP?! I’LL BE AGGRESSIVE RIGHT BACK AT YOU IF YOU KEEP THIS UP!” Chenle…he actually screamed back… Observations of rich people #50: They pursue their wants very…aggressively.

 

“Renjun? Renjun, you can go to the back if you want,” Doyoung’s gentle voice whispered in his ear as he felt another pair of hands wipe at his cheeks. 

“It’s alright, we’ll do fine without you,” Taeil whispered to him, wiping more at his cheeks and making Renjun realise that he was crying. Why the hell am I crying over this?! I’m so pathetic...

“Come on, Jun,” Kouen’s soft voice said as he felt the hands of his managers leave him, Kouen’s own hands around his shoulders replacing them as she gently led him past the kitchens and into the locker area for the staff. There were no seats, just lockers, but Renjun already felt calmer since the voices were more distant. Why am I breathing so heavy? I can’t break down…not now...

“I have to go back out there but just come out when you’re ready, okay?” Kouen said, patting his head affectionately once Renjun brought himself to nod. Thank god everyone here is understanding… It wasn’t long after Kouen left that three knocks were heard on the closed door of the locker area. Scared and thinking that it was one of the crazy fangirls, Renjun covered his mouth with his right hand in an attempt to quieten his breathing. 

 

“Ge?” Chenle. Oh god, Chenle. Chenle, Chenle, Chenle, I-

“Ge, Kouen-noona said that you were in here…” I am! I’m right here, just open the door!

“I…I don’t want to invade your space and I’m guessing that you don’t want me to since the door’s still closed…” No! Don’t think that! Please, just open this goddamn door because I’m too scared to do it myself!

“I just want to formally apologise. Ever since Jaehyun-hyung sent me that…that video of you, I…I thought that it was time I faced my fear and saw you…in person…” Chenle, please I want your hugs right now. I want you right now…

“I’m sorry I was so wrong on so many levels! I didn’t understand anything until Wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter