Pink

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"First, you run away from us...then you have the nerve to enter a cafe and spend time with a mere barista...and after that, the said barista ended up touching you and now someone has said that you're dating them! Zhong Chenle, I think you owe me an explanation!" The booming and demanding voice of Zhong Chenle's father echoed throughout the main entrance foyer of the Zhong mansion. His father was standing in front of the conjoined staircase as he continued to stare down condescendingly at his son - a different level from the one that the guy he spilt coffee on earlier had given him. It had been hours since this started and Chenle was simply just waiting for an opportunity to escape to his room since his legs were getting quite sore.

"Father, please. We're not dating and I can clear all of this up with one post to Instagram. I'll even ask the person who posted it to take it down," Chenle reasoned in tired Chinese with fatigue from having to deal with this for so long evident in his reply. It was not his fault that the boy he met at Winwin-ge's party caught his interest...it wasn't his fault that the said boy patted him either. It also wasn't his fault that he spent the whole ride back to the mansion rambling about the boy to Kris-ge (out of all people) and had to deal with the older man's teasing. In all honesty, Zhong Chenle was the victim here!!

"The internet is forever, Chenle...also, how do you think it will affect the company if they find out my son likes boys?!" His father shouted, enraged at the possible threat that could attack the company. 

"Then we do what we do best and deny the claims," Chenle forced out, words feeling bitter and heavy in his mouth. It was at that moment that his precious huskies came ran to him barking excitedly. Distracted by greeting his three dogs (who had the most ridiculous names ever - courtesy of his older step-brother, Kun), Chenle didn't notice his mother coming into the entryway to calm his father down. Thankfully, a higher female voice cut off whatever his father was going to say.

"Honey, it doesn't matter who Chenle likes...the company can be taken over by Kun, he's your son now too," his step mother reasoned and Chenle didn't fail to catch the glare that was sent her way.

"I want someone who was born into this social class to take over my company - not someone who got in because his mother married into it! Chenle is the only one who can run it despite the way he acts!" 

"Don't you think you're being a little overdramatic now?" Chenle had never seen his step mother look the way she did now - she was seething with anger. "Born into this social class? It's at times like these where I wonder how you even married once! It doesn't matter whether or not the boy that Chenle likes is in the working class because, in case you forgot, I was in that class once too! " His step mother (who Chenle now saw as his mother after all that drama) shouted and stormed upstairs to probably enter her bedroom (which sadly was shared with his father too).

As if scripted, the front door opened behind him and Chenle was met with the soft voice of his older step brother, Kun.

"Oh hello father, Chenle. Wo, Ai and Ni are here too!" Kun greeted, obviously not sensing the tense air that was present. This was when Chenle decided that he should retire to his bedroom and sacrifice his older step brother to the wrath of his father. Did he feel any regret for doing that? Maybe a little but only because Kun-ge got him ramyun sometimes.

 

~ ~ ~
 

If someone told Zhong Chenle a week prior to this day that he would be texting someone for over an hour, he would have laughed loudly in their face and probably walked away. However, that possibility was evidently real now as he stared at the abundance of messages that were exchanged between him and the contact that was named Barista Boy~. 

 

To: Barista Boy~

I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you about my huskies by the way...

To: Barista Boy~ 

I swear I will explain why in the future!! I just can't do it now

 

From: Barista Boy~

It's fine. I'm not mad or anything, you probably have more problems now about giving out information than I ever will.

 

To: Barista Boy~

You seem mad...I want to make it up to you

 

From: Barista Boy~

Just come over to the cafe as planned

From: Barista Boy~

We can figure out the rest from there

 

Chenle attempted to stop his face from heating up as he wondered about how this 'plan' seemed more like a 'date' to him. Sure, he invited himself over but having Renjun-ge confirm it...it was embarrassing to say the least. Also, how much was his father willing to pay for a visit to the doctor? Because Chenle didn't think his heart was beating properly since it pretty much hurt when he realised that he didn't have a date with Renjun-ge. However, he was Zhong Chenle and feigning happiness was one of the things that he did best - it was a miracle that he didn't need to act like he was happy earlier.

 

To: Barista Boy~

Alright, I'll be there ^.^

 

Unprepared, Chenle dropped his phone once it began to vibrate due to an incoming call. Reading the caller ID, he eventually picked up.

"Is there a reason for you to call me right now?" He asked, fully annoyed as he wanted to keep talking to Renjun-ge.

"Wow...'hi' to you too, millionaire...I'm like your only same aged coworker and you still treat me the same as everyone else," Jeno's voice filled his ear and Chenle smiled, revelling in the familiarity of the conversation starter. For some reason, when he talked to Jeno, his Korean was always brought to its peak. Maybe it was the fact that Jeno was just so understanding and slowed down his speech so that he could hear each syllable clearly...(however, the whole situation did a 180 degree turn when he talked to another certain Chinese male).

"Yeah well, I would be less of a brat if you would actually buy me more ramyun," He replied, making sure to laugh extra loud at the end. Lee Jeno could have a ringing ear for a day, it didn't matter.

"I buy you ramyun every time I have a shoot! That's three times a week!"

"Friendship isn't cheap, Jeno-sshi..."

"I'm older than you! This isn't why I called!" Dread filled Chenle's veins as he heard this sentence...what did he do now?

"Then why did you call?"

"To threaten you. Hurt Renjun and you die." Gulping, Chenle desperately tried to calm down his nerves...he wouldn't even think about hurting Renjun-ge...his ge was too cute and adorable and soft for that kind of thing. With his heart pounding fast in his chest, Chenle resorted to the only thing he could think of in the moment and tried to ignore how Jeno-hyung seemed like an overprotective brother who needed to set things straight with his brother's boyfriend - wait, what? Zhong Chenle, stop that train of thought right there...

"But I'm cute!" Very effective retort. Nice going, Chenle.

"I don't care if you're cute, Chenle! Renjun is like literally my brother! We've known each other for that long! To be honest, I don't even want him to date you!" Ouch...that hurt bad. If it was possible, Chenle's heart began to hurt more.

"Ouch." 

"You know how your family would react and it would put him through so much pain because I think he really likes you." Of course Jeno-hyung would be taking my family's reaction into this...

"It's too late, they saw that instagram post." 

"Oh...how did they...take it?"

"Not good. Father got mad and went on about my uality again. Mama doesn't care but she doesn't like how Father belittles him." Unspoken words were evident between the two friends about how Renjun-ge just didn't deserve to be belittled...not when he was so kind and- 

"Bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter