Reunion

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was meant to be a normal day at the cafe, only today felt better than any day within the ten month period that Renjun had found to be the hardest ten months in his entire life. 

 

It was meant to be a normal day of making coffee for customers, delivering them to the designated tables for dine in orders and calling out the designated names for the takeaway orders.

 

It was meant to be a normal day of having to deal with his coworkers and quietly chatting amongst themselves as they waited for the ten minute rushes to appear. 

 

If it was just a normal day, then why was Huang Renjun being deafened by screams of teenage girls?

 

If it was just a normal day, then why did he see blond hair appear fro the crowd that had entered just minutes before?

 

If it was just a normal day, then why was he having the privilege to stare into dark brown orbs that were smiling at him, the real smile being hidden behind a simple black mask?

 

“Hi, ge.”

 

On a normal day, Huang Renjun would have greeted back, maybe laughed and reach out to ruffle the younger’s hair.

 

However, today was not a normal day.

 

Hurriedly, running around the counter and grabbing the younger’s wrist, Renjun carefully dragged him to the staff locker room and hastily closed the door once they were safely inside. The screams of the crowd was fainter now, resembling background static as Renjun slowly took off the black mask that hid half of the younger’s face from him. Crumpling it in his right hand and placing his left hand on the other’s shoulder to keep him steady, Renjun in a shaky breath once he saw the full face of the other in the dim lighting of the room. 

“Hey, Chenle,” He squeaked out, not knowing what else to say since he had never really been in this type of situation before. After all, he hadn’t expected Chenle to come back to him a mere week after their little video call. Isn’t he meant to be promoting? 

“God, ge…it’s been so long,” Chenle whispered as Renjun noticed some tears build up in his eyes. It really has been a long time, hasn’t it? “I’ve missed you so much…”

“I’ve missed you so much too,” He admitted, leaning forward to rest his head on the younger’s shoulder with his arms linking around the back of Chenle’s neck. “So so much…” 

 

Hearing Zhong Chenle chuckle again made Renjun’s heart soar. 

 

“I don’t want to stop hugging you,” Chenle whispered as Renjun felt the younger’s arms caress his waist, making Renjun pull him closer. “I’ve missed this. I’ve missed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter