Trust

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Renjun could only hear his blood pumping in his veins as he ran around town with adrenaline being his only source of energy. Even though the weather was cool and Renjun was wearing simple black and white spotted sweatpants with a matching jumper, he felt ice cold. Jem was barking at his heels, following him as if his pet wanted Chenle to be safe as well. Come on, Renjun, think...where would he go? Twisting around corners as he ran, Renjun didn't really register his location. He could only think of finding the younger male who had ran away from safety and where they could be. Please don't let anything bad happen...please, please, please, please, please-

 

Sobs were heard in the eerie silence of the early morning. Sobs that Renjun was sure he heard just one month ago when he was taken away. Sobs that Renjun heard over a phone call when he needed somewhere to stay. 

 

Jem barked at the noise and began running towards it, causing Renjun to follow his pet and hope that his hunt would finally be over. He has to be safe...no, don't think like that Renjun. He will be safe. After two turns, Renjun realised he was in the middle of the city on the road of the mall that had the cafe he worked at. The sobs only grew louder with each step that he took, echoing in the darkness. Jem had long run ahead of Renjun, turning the corner before him and ceasing to bark. If not for the streetlight that showed his dog's shadow, Renjun would have walked faster but he was hesitant since next to his pet's shadow was one of a human. The gasp was small but it was still a gasp. 

"Jem? Is Renjun-ge around?" Oh thank God-

"Renjun as in the same guy who let you stay at his place?" Who the are you talking to, Chenle?!

Quickening his pace, Renjun turned the corner to see Chenle in all of his dolphin pyjama glory next to a man who vaguely resembled a frog with his big eyes.

"Chenle?" Renjun croaked out, voice breaking and tears building up in his eyes. He couldn't hear anything, he could barely see anything but he did feel Chenle's arms wrap around his shoulders and hold him tight. The embrace was comforting, the tear drops landing on his forehead were warm but most of all, the knowledge that the other was safe was all that he needed. "Thank God you're safe! Don't scare me - us - like that again!" He wailed, burying his head in the other's chest and stepping closer to the younger. He didn't see the other's nod but he felt the other card his hands through his hair and hold him even tighter. Renjun knew that Donghyuck would never let him live down this moment as Renjun swore he actually hears rainbows when Chenle whispered in his ear.

"Ge...I missed you so much..."

"So did I, Chenle, so did I."

 

"I hate to ruin the moment but...I'm still here," The stranger said and Renjun forcibly removed himself from Chenle's arms. Right, we're not alone. Upon first glance, Renjun had thought that the other looked like a frog but now that he had a good look, he never thought that he would see the other man in front of him ever again. Last time he had seen him was when he left on a plane to go to Canada to finalise a few things for Miracle Magazine. 

"Hansol-hyung...It's been a while," Renjun replied, voice coming out louder than it actually was due to the absence of human life at a few minutes past midnight.

"It has, Renjun-ah. A whole year to be exact," Hansol replied, bringing up his hood and leaning back on the wall of the mall. The two had been sitting on the cold ground for God knows how long and Renjun made a mental note to invite both of them to his place after this. 

"Do you two know each other, ge? I met him today...or yesterday...or in the past two hours," Chenle rambled in Chinese, arms snaking around Renjun's waist as he rested his chin on Renjun's head, heart beating against Renjun's back. Renjun simply hummed in response and watched as Jem finally recognised Hansol and jumped into his lap. "Well, if Jem is fine with him then I guess you know each other..." Chenle mumbled, causing Renjun to chuckle at the younger male. 

"Anyway hyung, how did the finalising for improvements go on the other side of the world?" Renjun asked the older male who simply smiled in response.

"It took longer than expected but now the make-up department officially has me as the boss so Miracle Magazine will be getting more decent make-up artists," Hansol replied, smile drying out.

"When did you get back?" Renjun asked the older male, head tilting to the side that made Chenle lift his chin in discomfort.

"Yesterday," Hansol replied, eyes questioning the behaviour being shown befor ehim by the two younger Chinese males.

"Have you told anyone?" Renjun asked, dismissing the unspoken questions that were being thrown his way through Hansol's eyes.

"I wasn't planning to," Hansol whispered, turning his head away from the two to look at the empty road.

"Why?"

"Because I haven't told Yuta yet." Of course he hasn't.

"Hyung...you two were like the ultimate couple-"

"No we weren't. We weren't because I put my job before him and left him here while I went away for a whole year."

"Hyung, it was to make sure that your mother-"

"My mother died anyway, Renjun! She passed away half a year ago in hospital and I wasn't even there. I had to find out through Hina because Yuta didn't want to tell me himself." That's not true...Yuta wanted to but he was scared that you would ignore him like you did every other time, hyung.

"Hyung-"

"Renjun, you're young so you probably won't get it! But, I have to talk to Yuta before I talk to any of you." Renjun decided to drop the topic at the sound of Hansol's tone. 

"So why were you out in the open at midnight?"

"I have some things to finish with Jaehyun. He did help me after all."

"'Some things' yeah right. Don't give me that bull, hyung-"

"Since when did you out of all people swear?!" Renjun knew that the older male knew the answer was in the form of a certain fiesty, tanned barista.

"Just be careful, Hansol-hyung." Don't do what you did before when you couldn't cope.

"I could say the same to you, Jun. Don't do anything stupid," Hansol replied as he stood up and brushed off gravel from his jeans and hoodie.

"As long as you don't take anymore of those god awful drugs, I won't," Renjun said in response, hands reaching up to cover Chenle's on his stomach. The warmth he felt immediately was comforting.

"You know what those drugs were to me back then," Hansol mumbled and Renjun simply sighed once more. 

"I have to go and give Jaehyun what he wants. See you around, Renjun, Chenle," Hansol said as he began walking down the street to go to Jaehyun's apartment where he worked as a journalist for Miracle Magazine articles. Both Chenle and Renjun bid their farewells to the older male and simply stood there with Chenle's arms wrapped around Renjun's waist and Renjun's hands covering Chenle's own. 

 

"Ge?" Renjun hummed to let the younger know that he was listening as he stared at Hansol's retreating figure in the distance. "Who was that?"

"That was Ji Hansol, one of the make-up artists for Miracle Magazine and used to date Nakamoto Yuta, son of the owners of the journalist company named Nakamoto News. Why do you want to know?" Now it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter