Lavender

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you told Huang Renjun a week prior to today that he was going to go to a rich social party for fun, he would have told you to stop dreaming. However, that dream seemed positively real right now as a glass of Coca Cola was being clutched in his right hand and his eyes scanned the numerous amount of people in the room. The air was hot, heavy but also a different colour than the usual air that he was used to with people like him...it felt like everyone in the room had an ego the size of Jupiter. Sighing, he witnessed a man in a pristine black suit accidentally spill red wine on another man who had an equally pristine suit but hosted pink hair instead of black.

 

"What do you think you're doing? This is a thousand dollar suit!"

“I’m sorry sir, I didn’t mean to!”

 

Tuning out, Renjun inspected the stain and almost rolled his eyes eyes at how tiny it was. Almost. Goddamn rich people and thinking they own everything. Shaking his head, Renjun failed to notice someone walk up to him until they sat right next to him, almost causing him to spill his drink. Almost.

“Hey, you enjoying the party?”

Turning his head so quickly that he was sure to gain whiplash, the first thing he saw of the other person was innocent eyes but a smug smile. Of course that meant that it could only be his older close friend (and host of the party): Dong Sicheng (otherwise known as the alias ‘Winwin’ in the rich socialite world). 

“You know, simple people like me don’t know what to do at elegant parties like this. We’re used to the simple illegal alcohol that was half price and the too loud rap music that has swear words every sentence,” he retorted, mood being sour due to the fact that barely anyone approached him in the past thirty minutes he had been sitting there. Observation of rich people #1:They tend to stick to their cliques and who they know. If you’re a stranger, you’ll always be a stranger. 

“Come on, it can’t be that bad! Look at all the people you can talk to!” Sicheng gestured around to all of the insanely good looking people around him. “And plus, you never know which of these hot asses will actually be interested in you,” Sicheng added with a wink causing Renjun to recoil in disgust. 

“Not everyone is hungry for , you ,” he replied and mentally noted that he had probably fix this headache or his behaviour will be seen as extremely rude in a place like this. 

 

“Hey you see that guy over there? The one talking to Taeyong?” Sicheng asked him in Chinese (mostly to keep their conversation private) while gesturing to two males on the other side of the room - one of them was the pink haired one that made the fuss about the stain on his suit (that Renjun couldn’t even make out from how distant he was). On closer inspection, Renjun realised that the pink haired man had a face that was practically crafted by the gods themselves. The other one was shorter than the pink haired male and hosted a nice shade of lavender for his hair. His face was a bit boyish and cute but Renjun still regarded him as handsome. 

“Which one is Taeyong? And who’s the other one?” He asked in his mother language, genuinely wishing to know who was who. Upon hearing Sicheng’s laugh, he lightly slapped the older. 

“Okay, okay. Lee Taeyong is the one with the pink hair and the other one is Zhong Chenle.” 

 

Zhong Chenle.

 

The name sounded familiar and he couldn't figure out why.

 

“What’s so good about them other than their looks?” He asked, already annoyed that he can’t figure out why the name Zhong Chenle was familiar. 

“Calm down for a second, jeez. Zhong Chenle is only a year younger than you and he’s the closest one here to your age.” Sicheng explained but Renjun was still puzzled. 

“So?” 

“So go and talk to him!” Sicheng revealed but caused Renjun to simply laugh in his face. 

“No way! This party isn’t for me - I’m not even meant to be here, Sicheng!”

“Fine then, have it your way. But you’re going to have to make up an excuse fast.” 

“Why?” Panic filled Renjun’s body and mind as he saw Sicheng slowly smirk at him. 

“Because he’s coming closer to you and I’m going to flirt with the hot Japanese guy. See you later, Renjun!” Sicheng waved as he waltzed over to the culprit of the red wine stain incident. 

 

“Hey, do you mind if I sit here and talk to you?” A boyish voice asked him in accented Korean, causing Renjun to be quite flustered as he spent the last few minutes talking in Chinese. Shaking his head, Renjun moved over to allow the lavender haired boy (who was in a suit that most likely cost more than all of Renjun’s textbooks at school) to occupy the seat next to him. 

“What brings you here?” The other boy asked him (wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter