Posts

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Renjun…come on, you have to eat something,” Jaehyun greeted him when he had entered his apartment after interviewing some big shot celebrity again in his office at the Nakamoto News firm. It was around nine in the evening and Renjun hated how the other simply knew that he didn’t eat when he was depressed. As of now, Renjun was mindlessly watching the movie The Fault In Our Stars with Chinese subtitles as he was balled up on the couch in Jaehyun’s blanket, hugging one of the couch’s pillows and wishing that it was a certain Moomin plush toy instead. 

“I’ll eat when the movie finishes,” He replied, eyes still trained on the screen and not looking at the older at all. He heard a sigh and someone - Jaehyun - preparing something in the kitchen. After a few minutes, his view of the TV was blocked by Jaehyun holding out to him a cup of ramyun with chopsticks. Damn, even the ramyun reminds me of him…this was his favourite brand…that was never on special…

“Come on, eat up. It’s been five months since you appeared on my doorstep with tear stains and you haven’t said anything other than basic information or excuses,” Jaehyun started and Renjun hesitantly took the chopsticks and began to blow on the noodles. “You don’t always have to keep it inside. It’s okay to show it to people, you know.”

“But if I did-“ who knows what would happen? Stopping mid way and seeing Jaehyun look at him with a frown on his face, Renjun decided that maybe he should let out some steam. “If I did tell you guys what was going on, what would I do if you leave?” They never stayed, only Hyuck, Mark-hyung, Jeno and Jaemin…Kun-ge and Sicheng-ge don’t really count but everyone else knows something is up though…maybe I should tell them…

“Renjun, I don’t know how to tell you that we’re not going to leave but you have to believe me. We won’t leave,” Jaehyun told him, voice endearing as he looked into Renjun’s eyes so that Renjun could see the sincerity within them. You could say it now. You could end everything now. You could have an actual support network now-

 

But then, your older friends will leave and who would be there when you cry because of Zixin?

 

“I…Maybe one day, I’ll tell you hyung,” Renjun replied, turning back to his cup of instant ramyun and wordlessly eating. The noodles felt like clay against his tongue and even the flavour of the kimchi was bland. 

“That’s all I ask for, Renjun. Now, are you going to try and reach out to Chenle?” Jaehyun asked once more, voice stable throughout the whole question and Renjun shoved more noodles into his mouth to postpone his answer. Will I? Does he even still want me around? I don’t even know what he’s up to since I change the channel every time the name ‘Zhong’ appears and I practically change the topic with everyone else…why would talking with Jaehyun-hyung be different? 

“Okay, different approach,” Jaehyun stated when he saw the inner conflict that Renjun was experiencing. He watched the other take out his phone from his front pocket and tap a few things on the screen, showing Renjun the private page of Zhong Chenle on Instagram. “Have a look through that for a while, I’ll hold your cup.” Handing his cup of ramyun to Jaehyun, Renjun observed what was on the screen in front of him. 

 

The most recent post was one of them that was posted a week ago - Chenle and himself, together - when they had been joking around and taking selfies in the comfort of Renjun’s apartment prior to what Renjun called ‘the downfall’. Chenle had been holding the camera and was showing a finger heart whereas Renjun’s face was facing Chenle’s cheek and his lips were pursed to show that he was about to give the younger a kiss. Seeing that photo made Renjun’s heart squeeze in pain but the caption in Korean was the one thing that had made him want to cry.

 

@chuchuchen:

Counting down the days to when I can finally see his face again~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then again, who wouldn’t count down the days to when they could see the one they love the most again??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!

 

“You can read the comments too, you know,” Jaehyun informed him and Renjun realised that there were so many rich socialite usernames that had commented on the post. 

 

@haeknojamb***h

THEN MAKE YOUR MOVE IF YOU’RE COUNTING DOWN DAYS DONT KEEP HIM WAITING BRAT

 

@nakanewsyuyu

See this would be cute if you actually had a date planned….but no, you just had to be an

 

@nakanewshihi

CHENLE YOU BETTER TALK TO HIM SOON OR ELSE

 

@makemeup-Sol

Do you even still care about him?! Or are you just playing around?!!?!?!? ANSWER ME @chuchuchen

 

Curious as to why there were so many replies on the last comment (that Renjun had assumed to be Hansol - seems like the two had gotten close over social media without anyone knowing since Chenle ran away all those months ago), Renjun opened up the replies and read on with Jaehyun looking over his shoulder. 

 

@makemeup-Sol

Do you even still care about him?! Or are you just playing around?!!?!?!? ANSWER ME @chuchuchen

 

@chuchuchen

What do you mean by do I still even care?! OF COURSE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter