Promises

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, I know what you’re thinking…” He heard Chenle start the minute they stepped into the other’s very large and very intimidating mansion. “But don’t fre-“

“What the actual ?!” He shouted once he saw the pristine marble and tiled interior that showed off the timber conjoined stairs in the middle of the other’s mansion. “Are…are those the fancy stairs in the movies?”

“And you’re freaking out, okay,” Chenle mumbled to himself as Renjun stared at the placements of all the photographs in frames and the immense shine that the marble had. “Ge?”

“I…Chenle, this is where you live?!” He asked, voice coming out louder and harsher than he wanted it to be as his throat dried at how rich his younger boyfriend really was. 

“Uh…yeah…” He heard Chenle answer and turned to him, mindful of the mess that clung to the bottom of his shoes from outside and the way they were smearing it all over the other’s floor. 

“And you spent like two months in my ty apartment!” He let out, shaking Chenle’s shoulders with tears building up in his eyes. “I’m so sorry! It must have been so messy compared to this! And so crowded and-“

“Ge, calm down, it was home,” Chenle interrupted him, wrapping his hands over his wrists and bringing them down to glide his thumbs over Renjun’s wrists in comfort. “And I enjoyed it more than this hole anyway.”

“If this is a hole, then my place is like the lost city of Atlantis,” He replied flatly, shooting the other a deadpanned expression as Chenle grinned widely at him. “All destroyed and nothing compared to this.”

“But just like all lost cities, it holds a treasure that is worth more than all of this,” Chenle stated, voice soft as he gestured to the contents of his home. Just as he finished, three large huskies came running up towards them, causing Renjun to panic and hide behind his younger boyfriend since he owned a much smaller dog. 

“Stop laughing at me!” He whined when he realised that Chenle was clutching his stomach and laughing at his misery. “Big dogs are scary!”

“They won’t harm you,” Chenle stated, patting his huskies fondly. “These are Wo, Ai and Ni. Kun-ge named them, remember?”

“Oh, I remember,” Renjun replied, narrowing his eyes at Chenle to make sure he wouldn’t laugh again. “But like why did he name them that?”

 

“The plan was that if the person you confessed to became awkward, you just bring up your dogs,” Chenle explained, crouching down to place a kiss to each dog’s forehead. “They’re just hyper to see you since I talk about you a lot.”

“Do they listen?” He asked, crouching down as well and receiving a from the one closest to him, one of her eyes shining a dark brown while the other was a bright blue. “Which one’s this one?”

“Most of the time they do and they give me pity looks,” Chenle replied to his first question, glancing at him and smiling before noticing the dog next to him. “That one’s Ai. Wo has dark brown eyes, Ni has her blue eyes and Ai has one of both.”

“Noted,” He replied, smiling as patted the one named Ni and felt himself growing fond towards the huskies. “Jem walks out of the room whenever I talk about you.”

“It’s because Jem misses me,” Chenle stated smugly as Renjun rolled his eyes and pushed him, laughing as Chenle fell on the floor and Wo started barking at him in what seemed to be laughter. “You’re a bad influence on them.”

“Maybe I’m just showing them the proper way to enjoy life,” He retaliated, watching as Chenle raised and eyebrow at him before the smaller was tackling him down and tickling him. “Chenle! Stop!” He shouted between lau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter