Debut

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gazing at the contact that was currently displayed on his phone, Renjun felt immense turmoil in his stomach just from seeing the name that was set for the younger’s number. 

 

Brat Boyfie. 

 

Damn…I never thought that I would hate calling him that when he’s not here. 

 

Taking a deep breath and letting his thumbs fly over the screen, Renjun compiled an essay about how much he missed the younger and how much he wanted to see the younger. Reading over it and groaning, he deleted the numerous sentences and settled for a small Hi. It wasn’t too long before his phone vibrated, making him drop it under the couch that he was seated on.

 

From: Brat Boyfie

 

Hi~ ^ . ^

 

Smiling to himself, Renjun laid back down on the couch with his phone as he typed up a reply. 

 

To: Brat Boyfie

 

Can I call?

 

Holding his breath, Renjun waited as he saw the three dots appear and move for a whole minute before his phone vibrated again to signal Chenle’s reply. 

 

From: Brat Boyfie

 

You don’t have to ask

 

Releasing his breath and hurriedly tapping on the video call button to call the younger, Renjun quickly sat up and attempted to tidy his hair before Chenle picked up. Got to look good or he might not want me anymore. His attempts were futile as Chenle had accepted the call in the span of ten seconds, the younger’s small and shy smile being emphasised by the gentle make up that resided on his face. His hair was blond now, fringe touching the tips of his eyes that had a lighter shade of brown than usual. Ah…contacts. As he marvelled at the appearance of the younger (he didn’t look that young anymore!), he heard the person on the other line sniff before opening his mouth and closing it again. Without thinking, Renjun talked him. 

“Don’t cry. You’ll make me want to cry,” He pleaded, already feeling the tears start to sting his eyes as the younger laughed, sniffed and then shook his head. Even after ten months, he’s still so freaking adorable. 

“They’re not sad tears, they’re happy tears. You…You finally reached out to me,” Chenle replied, free hand coming up to wipe a tear that had escaped and slightly smudging his eyeliner. 

“Yeah…hi, Zhong Chenle,” He greeted, mouth hanging slightly open at the ethereal version of the younger that was being presented to him through the screen. Suddenly, Renjun didn’t want the screen to be there - he wanted to see Chenle like this in the flesh, he wanted to touch Chenle and wipe his tears away, he wanted to-

 

I want him to accept me again. 

 

“Hi Huang Renjun…no…hi, Renjun-ge,” Chenle greeted, voice coming out smaller at the end as his shy smile made its way back onto his face with his tears flowing. “I’m sorry…it’s just been so hard without you and-“

“Chenle, I…I think…” Taking a deep breath and making sure that the other was looking at him, which he was but he was also confused immensely, Renjun his dry lips before exhaling. “I think I love you…I’ll give you a definite answer soon because saying it is scary since you can leave at any time and I just-“

“I love you too, Renjun-ge. , you don’t know how happy I am right now,” Chenle rambled, wiping more of his tears as Renjun felt his heart break at the memory that this wasn’t the first time that Chenle had cried because of him.

 

And the first time…Kun had said that he had cried because the younger had walked out after Renjun had told him his biggest secret. 

 

Observations of rich people #62: Their tears still break your heart, no matter how long you’ve known them for.

 

“I’m so sorry, Chenle. I’m so sorry that I can’t say what you want,” He apologised, his own tears escaping his eyes but he made no move to wipe them away for ensuring that Chenle’s tears stopped were his number one priority right now. 

“It’s okay, ge. At least…at least you don’t hate me,” Chenle replied, smiling softly at him and making Renjun’s heart ache once more. “Thank you for…for choosing me.”

“You’re not a pokemon, Chenle,” Renjun joked, smiling when he heard the younger’s small chuckle. “You know, I’m wonder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter