Hugs

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, Jaehyun-hyung…” Renjun greeted softly when the other opened up the door to his unit after receiving Renjun’s multiple texts. His backpack was light - he didn’t bother to try and pack properly - and his face was stained with sadness and tears. 

“God…Just…Renjun…” Jaehyun mumbled, arm reaching out to drag the younger into the unit that he had often seen before the older had gotten a job at the Nakamoto News firm. 

“Jae? Who’s that?” A different voice asked but Renjun paid no mind to it for the whole place smelt like home made Chinese food - the kind that signalled his first downfall. “Jae?”

 

To say that Renjun was surprised at the appearance of the owner of the unknown voice would be an understatement. Huang Renjun nearly in his pants when he saw the perfectly structured face of Lee Taeyong with his vibrant red hair. Is that a shaved pattern in his eyebrow? What the hell?

 

“Hi…?” He timidly said, waving a little and saw the model’s face fall at the sight of him. Of course he would be disappointed - everyone is going to be disappointed. 

“Oh! You’re the one that Jae said was coming right?” The model asked, face brightening and Renjun couldn’t find his voice.

“He is. Is the food done?” Jaehyun asked the model, leaving Renjun to glance back and forth between the two. 

“Yeah…come on, I heard that Zhong Chenle was an to you,” Taeyong said, lightly holding his hand and leading him to the dining table in the small unit. “Don’t worry, Jae didn’t tell me anything else. It’s private and you don’t really know me so I get it but…I made some Chinese food when he said that you were Chinese. It’s the least I can do to help.” What the hell?

“Um…thank you but you didn’t have to…” Of course he didn’t have to, no one has to do that.

“It’s alright, I wanted to,” The model answered while grabbing the plate of Chinese food from Jaehyun and placing it in front of Renjun. “Eat up, Renjun.” He knows me?

“You know me?” Renjun asked the other, blowing on the spoonful of food that he had in front of his mouth. 

“I thought you would be more surprised if I didn’t know who you were, Chenle talks a lot about you when he’s at the company,” Taeyong said before stopping himself. “I’ll be in the other room to leave you two to talk things out.” After Taeyong left the room, Jaehyun took the seat opposite him and sighed after seeing Renjun finally swallow the spoonful of food.

“What?” Why are you so sad? That makes me feel guilty…

“I just…you don’t deserve this, Jun…” Jaehyun answered, letting Renjun stuff some more of the delicious Chinese cuisine into his mouth. “Hyuck will be here soon, I just called him.”

“You didn’t have to,” Renjun whispered, not even realising his reflex mechanism to the kindness of others.

“We both know that he’d be more upset if we didn’t let him know.” Well…yes but…

“Well yeah but-“ I’m not wanted.

“Renjun, lean on us a little more, will you? We’re all here for a reason and we were all brought here for a reason.” Renjun couldn’t bring himself to meet the eyes of the older after that statement. 

“But I was-“ not wanted. 

“Yeah, you were. But now, you’re here because you decided to shape your own life to not be that anymore. We want you here, with all of us.” But even the one idiot that I like doesn’t want me anymore…one of the people that matter doesn’t want me anymore…

“I-“

 

The ringing of the doorbell being pressed vigorously cut the conversation of the two along with Taeyong’s loud shout of I’ll get it! and the soft greetings exchanged between the guest and the model. Footsteps that practically indicated the person who arrived to be running were headed towards the dining table and Donghyuck’s messy orange locks peeked from behind the wall that separated the dining room and kitchen area from the living room appeared. 

“Jun?”

“Hyuck?”

“ing hell, Jun,” Donghyuck sighed as he quickly made his way over to Renjun and engulfed him in a hug that spoke more than all of the bull that was capable of flowing from Donghyuck’s mouth. “I was so ing worried, you idiot.”

“I’m sorry…I’m so so sorry, Hyuck…he didn’t-“

“Shhhh, it’s okay, I’m here now,” Hyuck whispered as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter