No

Socialites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Renjun was reminded once again as to why he kept bringing Chenle to the cafe. Much to Angel Manager Taeil’s insists, Renjun dropped by after meeting his boyfriend in that goddamn rich socialite school and dealing with half of the girls screaming insults at him while the other half squealed and held up their phones to capture the moment. All because Zhong Chenle had to be loud and say “RENJUN-GE! YOU’RE FINALLY HERE! LET’S GO ON OUR DATE NOW!” Sighing, Renjun took a seat on one of the stools in front of the coffee machines, sensing his boyfriend occupy one next to him.

“Oh, you’re here, Jun,” The deep and rough voice that belong to Wong Yukhei sliced through the air and Renjun looked up to see the other smiling. 

“Hey, Yukhei-ge,” He replied, feeling someone pat his head as he lifted it. Turning, he saw the one and only Angel Manager, Moon Taeil. “Hi to you too, Taeil-hyung.”

“Finally decided to prioritise your health instead of work, Renjun?” Taeil asked as he leant against the counter, observing the few customers that the cafe had.

“Yeah, I guess,” Renjun said nonchalantly, sensing Chenle stand up and hug him from behind. Melting into the touch, Renjun moved his head to place a feather-like kiss on the underside of Chenle’s jaw.

“This your boyfriend that got you all broken?” Taeil asked him and both Renjun and Chenle looked at him in alarm.

“How did you..?”

“Jeno is very protective over the both of you and Jaemin does enough worrying for the whole country,” Taeil explained, eyes glancing at the opening of the cafe door as the bell rang, letting several high school girls in followed by a certain Kim Doyoung. “If you ever need anyone to talk to, come to us. We’re your hyungs first, managers second,” Taeil continued, smiling at the end as Devil Manager Doyoung came and kissed his cheeks, quickly walking to the backroom after to change into his uniform.

“Ok! Nice to meet you, by the way! I’m Chenle!” Chenle exclaimed, unaware of Renjun’s frozen body in his arms. Since when were Doyoung and Taeil a thing??? Wait…does this mean that Donghyuck was right? That little -

 

“Renjun? Hello? You alive?” Yukhei’s deep voice forcibly brought him back to reality and making Renjun realise that his human blanket was standing next to him and glaring at something (or someone) behind him instead of hugging him. What the hell?

“IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH ME SHOWING MY AFFECTION TO MY BOYFRIEND?!” Chenle shouted in Korean at whoever he was glaring at. Renjun simply looked at the angry expression on his boyfriend’s face, too scared to look behind him and see who was judging them. Again, what the hell?

“OF COURSE THERE IS!”

“YOU DON’T DESERVE SOMEONE LIKE HIM, OPPA!”

“YOU SHOULD JUST STICK WITH THE PRETTY GIRLS AT YOUR DAD’S COMPANY!”

The last statement made Renjun look down at his hands that rested on top of the counter. Of course, Chenle deserved someone better than him. There was no doubt about that but…hearing others say it made Renjun feel worse. 

“WELL THEN WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE YOU ALL SATISFIED?” Chenle shouted back, causing Renjun to cover his ears to prevent any memories from rising. What can you do to make me satisfied? You should just get out of my sight! It’s all your fault anyway!

“DROP HIS !”

“DATE ME INSTEAD! WE’RE IN THE SAME CLASS ANYWAY!”

“GO WITH THE PRETTY GIRL! WHAT WAS HER NAME? ELKIE?”

 

“IF THAT’S WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOU SATISFIED, THEN I’M GOING TO FIND ANOTHER WAY!” Chenle shouted, grabbing Renjun’s hand and dragging him out of the cafe. Observations of rich people #44: Although some people may not appreciate them or their choices, they will still find a way to satisfy those people. Renjun tried his best to keep up with the fast pace of the younger but found that he couldn’t and ended up tripping a few steps on their way to the door.

“SEE HE’S A GOOD FOR NOTHING KLUTZ!” One of the girls screamed, causing the others to laugh. Yeah, they’re laughing at you, Huang Renjun. You’ve ruined everything for him and yourself.

“WELL YOU’RE ALL JUST GOOD FOR NOTHING PIECES OF IF YOU CAN’T ACCEPT US!” Chenle screamed back, louder than the girl as he helped Renjun up and continued to drag him outside of the cafe. Us…yeah the ‘us’ that probably won’t laugh with how ed up I am.

 

Once outside, Renjun apologised profusely to Chenle, guilt encasing his stomach and resulting in him to swallow his need to vomit. They had fled into the mall’s outer car park, the one that barely anyone used due to a more convenient car park being located closer to the centre of the mall.

“I’m really sorry, Chenle. I wouldn’t have gone there if I had known-“

Renjun was cut off by Chenle wrapping his arms around him and literally shoving his head into the younger’s shoulder. It was a bit painful but Renjun appreciated the gesture nonetheless, arms circling around Chenle’s abdomen without Renjun needing to instruct them to.

“There was no way you could have known since you went there because of Taeil-hyung. Besides, they may not like me now but I will make them like me in the future. When that happens, I’ll make sure they like you too. I don’t like how they make you act like this so I’ll make sure that they like us so you don’t end up like this,” Chenle replied, dropping his cheek on the top of Renjun’s head, and sighed, causing Renjun to feel the steady rise and fall of the younger’s chest due to the close proximity. Observations of rich people #44: They want to be liked by everyone for the sake of others.

“Still…I’m sorry,” Renjun whispered, leaving many of his thoughts unsaid due to his fear of the younger leaving him. I’m sorry I’m not telling you the entire truth about me. I’m sorry you don’t know a lot of things about me. I’m sorry, Zhong Chenle. I really am.

“It’s okay, ge. You don’t have to apologise,” Chenle whispered back, quieter than his voice had ever been when he was with Renjun, and making Renjun’s stomach grow cold with guilt. You say I don’t have to…but I do. I really do.

 

~ ~ ~ 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter