Chapter 56: Hope 2

She is a boy

Chapter 56: Hope 2

“This isn't a panda!!!” Youngjae screamed for the thousandth time as he stared at the baby panda in the crib.

    “Sir, it's a panda” the caretaker tried not to lose her patience, because the editor gave money to the nursery.

    “Pandas are round, cute and pretty!!! This thing is skinny, long, ugly and got a tail, pandas don't have tails!!! Pandas are black and white, he’s pink!!!”

    “Stop yelling” Daehyun said “The lady here already explained, this is a newborn and newborns are like this, they begin to develop around one or two months”

    “Let's be back in one or two months then” Youngjae said, ready to head to the door.

    “Don't be silly” Daehyun grabbed his arm to stop him.

    “I don't want to be here, I feel very robbed, I expected a real panda” Youngjae pulled away “He’s supposed to be round, cute and…” he shut up, he wanted to start crying.

    Moon Jongup took you to swim with dolphins. You played with a very small, cute and pretty baby dolphin. You were so happy in the pictures… I bought this stupid panda because I wanted to make you happier, but this panda is so ugly, he can’t compete with that baby dolphin…

    “He's cute and pretty!!!” Daehyun snapped him out of his stupid thoughts.

    “You're blind!!! He’s a monster!!! Like a mutant lizard or rat!!!” Suddenly the little panda started making loud noises that resembled a cry.

    “You made him cry!!!” Daehyun punched him in the arm.

    “He's just hungry” the caretaker spoke “Can I leave him with you while I go for the milk?” she looked at Daehyun and smiled (she didn't expect anything from Youngjae, in fact, she didn't trust him, she'd never leave him alone with the panda)

    “Of course!!!” he said and she left.

    “Now that we're alone you can be honest, this thing is fugly”

    “Stop saying that, he isn't...” Daehyun his lips in “He's not the most attractive panda in town, but... you adopted him”

    “I'll give him back”

    “You can't!!! I won't let you!!! Didn't you hear when the caretaker said that his parents are dead? If nobody takes care of him, he'll die. Very few pandas survive, that's why there’s no pandas!!!” Daehyun yelled at the top of his lungs “It's your baby, you can't throw him away, you have to love him!!! It’s your duty!!!”

    Youngjae smiled, that’s why he loved Daehyun so much; he was strong and kindhearted.

    “Don't start daydreaming now!!!” Daehyun smacked him on the head.

    “Ouch!!! You!!!” Youngjae touched his head as Daehyun was going to hit him again “Don’t beat me!!!” he covered his head with his free hand “I'll keep him”

    “I don't want to interrupt” the caretaker came back, confused.

    “Can I feed him?” Daehyun asked as he saw the baby bottle with milk.

    “Sure” she put the baby bottle on the table by the crib “Let me teach you how to hold him” the panda was small like a baseball and fit in a hand, she took him with both hands “Hold out your hand” Daehyun obeyed and she placed the panda on carefully.

    “I can feel his chest moving, he's breathing” Daehyun said. The caretaker smiled and offered him the baby bottle, Daehyun smiled back and took the bottle with his free hand.

    “Guide the baby bottle onto his mouth and he'll start on his own” the blond did what she said and to his surprise the small panda stretched his neck and opened his small mouth and caught the of the bottle and started .

    “Oh my God, it's so cute, how can you say he's not?!” Daehyun glanced at Youngjae before gazing at the little guy in his hand “He’s so adorable I want to cover him with kisses!!!”

    “Do you like him more than that baby dolphin?” Youngjae asked and the other looked at him in confusion “Forget it” he sighed, it wasn't the time to make stupid questions, besides, by just seeing how happy the photographer was, it was clear that he loved the panda more than that baby dolphin.

    One point for me, Youngjae thought and smiled, and none for Jongup.

    “He drank all the milk!” Daehyun gasped in surprise, how could that tiny panda drink so much?

    “Now pat his back gently to encourage burping” the caretaker said.

    “Youngjae, you do it”

    “What?” the said guy opened his eyes wide.

    “I don't think he...” the caretaker shook her head, she didn’t trust Youngjae at all.

    “Don't worry, he acts like a jerk, but deep down he's soft and kind” Daehyun reassured her “I know you love him” he said to the black-haired man “Extend your hand” Youngjae obeyed and Daehyun put the panda on “You heard the lady, pat him carefully”

    Daehyun loved the panda and Youngjae loved Daehyun, so he loved the panda too. He reached out and patted him gently.