Chapter 49: Shine.

She is a boy

I got a million of daeups, can’t stop writing daeup, I’m unstoppable >.< but since this is daejae/jaedae I better keep going, so this is my last daeup.

Chapter 49: Shine.

“Why are you up so early?” Daehyun came out of his room and found Jongup heading to the stairs.

    “Early? It’s already noon”

    “I know, but it’s your day off and you always sleep til nightfall”

    “That’s not true”

    “I know all about you, if I say you sleep til nightfall it’s because you do”

    “Fine, maybe you know that, but I don’t think you know all

    “Let me see” Daehyun his chin playfully “You love working out, doing crunches and lifting weights, that’s why your body’s so hot, but you love cheeseburgers and French fries more, so everytime you’re done with workout you rush to McDonald’s. Right now, your fave song is idontwannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish, the last movie you watched is The Discovery… I’m right so far?”

    “I stopped listening when you said my body’s hot” Jongup grinned “You think my body’s hot, uh?”

    “I didn’t say that” Daehyun blushed and punched his arm.

    “Well, you’re right, if it were up to me, I’d be sleeping, but I got a few errands to do”

    “Can I go with you?”

    “No”

    “Finally you’ve grown tired of me” Daehyun pouted.

    “It’s not that…” Jongup rubbed his neck nervously “They’re personal stuff… Very boring personal stuff, you should stay and watch some movie”

    “I’m gonna miss you” Daehyun said “Return home safely… with pizza”

    “What topping do you want?”

    “Surprise me”

    Jongup nodded with a smile and ran downstairs while Daehyun went to the laundry room and picked out clothes to start the day. Jongup’s idea of watching a movie was good, but first, Daehyun wanted breakfast. The fridge was always full of food and he reached a point which he didn’t know what to eat, that was how rich people lived, he thought.

    “I’m making tuna for you” Daehyun said as Ganji jumped around him “Last night you had a copious dinner, if you keep eating so much I’ll think that you’re pregnant, although it wouldn’t be bad, I’d be filthy rich as the owner of the first pregnant male dog”

    “Hi Daehyun, hi Ganji” New Sun said, entering the kitchen, she had spare keys to the house. In fact, many of Jongup’s friends had spare keys, he trusted them too much. Daehyun thought that was dangerous yet at the same time it was cute the way he trusted in people in a world where nobody deserved to be trusted.

    “I thought you had photography class today” Daehyun said, he didn’t just know all about Jongup, but he knew all about his friends as well, because they had become his friends and Daehyun liked it, for the first time, he felt he was part of something. He was happy to have a bunch of friends who shared the same passion for photography, the same joy for food, the same appetite for horror movies, etc.

    “It’s tomo…”

    “OH MY GOD, IT'S DASOM!!!!!!!” a girl showed up from nowhere and screamed out eagerly.

    “She’s my friend D.ana”

    “OH MY GOD, YOU DIDN’T TELL ME THAT YOU KNOW DASOM!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I’M YOUR FAN!!!!”

    “I’m not Dasom, I’m her brother” Daehyun sighed in defeat. Thanks to Ego's March cover with Dasom, she became excessively popular and her face was everywhere, and everybody mistook him for Dasom and asked him to introduce her. Sometimes he even got gifts from men and some women who wanted to meet his sister. It was creepy and crazy, and of course, he said NO. Dasom wasn't real and even if she were, he'd never introduce her to random people who only wanted to her and use her fame.

    “I told you” New Sun felt embarrassed by her friend’s behavior “Daehyun’s Dasom’s twin brother”

    “I thought you were playing me, I’ve never heard about a twin, but it’s true” D.ana reached out and touched the mole under Daehyun’s eye “You’re so hot and pretty like her, you even have the same beauty mark”

    “Leave him alone, how would you feel if a crazy person go to your house and touch you?” New Sun said.

    “You’re right” D.ana pulled away and bowed apologetically “Sorr… OH MY GOD IF YOU LIVE HERE IT MEANS DASOM LIVES HERE!!!!! WHERE IS SHE?!!!”

    “She lives in Busan, she doesn’t like the attention, neither do I” Daehyun said.

    “Those rumors about her leaving Ego are true?”

    “Very true”

    “Why? She’s so perfect”

    “Are you crying?”

    “Yeah, she’s my inspiration”

    “You want to be a model?”

    “No, I want to be a stylist, my dream is to work at Ego and dress Dasom and do her makeup”

    “I’m sure there’ll be models prettier than her to work with, besides, she’s kind of diva…”

    “I don’t believe you, she’s the sweetest and cutest and kindest soul ever”

    “You don’t even know her, if her brother says she’s a diva it’s because she is” New Sun said “Stop embarrassing me with your sasaeng behavior. I’ll never introduce you to my friends again!!!”

    “Sorry” D.ana pouted. 

    “I swear she’s pretty normal, I didn’t know she likes Dasom so much” New Sun said.

    “It’s ok” Daehyun shrugged. He was sure that Dasom would be forgotten as soon as the next issue of Ego came out with a new pretty model to stalk. In the meantime he only had to go with it.

    “Anyway, she’s studying cosmetology and need a male model for her homework” New Sun said.

    “You want me to be the male model?”

    “I was thinking about Jongup”

    “It makes sense, he’s hot” Daehyun said “He’s out, you can wa…”

    “We can’t wait” New Sun cut him off “He’s really out? I can’t believe him!!! I called early and he said he'd help us!!!”

    “Calm down, he’ll be back soon”

    “How soon? D.ana has to take her homework to her night class or will get a C”

    “I don’t know…, we can call him” Daehyun took out his phone and dialed Jongup’s number and nobody answered.

    “He’s hiding” 

    “Dasom’s brother can be my model” D.ana said.

    “You can!!!” New Sun said.

    “My classmates will die of jealousy!!! My model is Dasom’s brother!!! He’s perfect like her!!!”

    “I don’t think so, I’m really shy, I don’t…”

    “Please, help me with my homework”

    “Fine” Daehyun gave up. It was two cute girls against him, it was hard to say NO to their aegyo “What do I have to do?”

    “Just sit tight while I dye your hair and do your makeup”

    “Dye my hair?”

    “Yes, my homework is to get a male model and dye his hair and put makeup on him. New Sun will record every step of the process” D.ana explained “I think blond will suit you perfectly. Since your skin is slightly dark I’ll choose sunflower blond, it’s a warm and cute color like you” she took out a book from her purse and gave it to Daehyun.

    Daehyun watched the shades of blond, the sunflower one was like butter blond, but brighter, however, he had doubts and the cosmetology student noticed it.

    “Is it your first time dying your hair?”

    “No, I dyed it in my school days… and everybody mocked at me for weeks”

    “It’s not you, you’re perfect, it’s the person who dyed your hair. I bet she or he didn’t know what they were doing, but I do. I’ve practiced with the mannequins a million times”

    “Mannequins?”

    “You’re my first time, I mean, my first time dying real hair of a real person, but I swear I know what I’m doing”  

    “Less talk, more action, let's go to the backyard”  New Sun said.

    

Jongup came in the house and Ganji ran to greet him with joyful barks.

    “Don’t tell Daehyun” Jongup bent down and gave him a cookie. 

    “Don’t tell me what?” Daehyun showed up with a bucket in one hand and a mop in other.

    “Nothing” Jongup winked at Ganji and he ran away with the cookie “Are you cleaning? The cleaning ladies will come tomorrow”

    “We did that mess and we should clean it, although they left me alone” Daehyun said and returned the stuff to the kitchen “Whatever, the backyard is as good as new”

    “We? Backyard? Did you throw a party while I was away?”

    “Don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about, Moon Jongup. I said I know you very well” Daehyun washed his hands before giving him the stink eye “You didn’t want to be D.ana’s guinea pig, so you left to run errands, and now I’m the one who has blond hair”

    “Now that you mention it” Jongup approached Daehyun and admired his new hair “You look beautiful, you know”

    “Lying won’t get you out of trouble” Daehyun said “D.ana wasn’t used to work with human beings, so she forgot to put me that cream that prevents the scalp from burning and itching, it hurt so much I spent several minutes crying out!!!”

    “I’m not lying, you’re beautiful” Jongup laughed hard as he imagined the elder being tortured by the inexpert stylist “But if that doesn’t get me out of trouble I hope this will” he said and showed him two boxes of pizza.

    “Let’s eat on the terrace, the night is nice and I want to watch the stars” Daehyun took the pizza boxes and headed to the stairs and Jongup wasted no time and followed him.

   

After they were done eating, Jongup gathered the boxes to dump them in the trash while Daehyun was distracted with the telescope that pointed to the stunning night sky “Do you know how to use this?”

    “Kind of” Jongup stopped cleaning and approached the telescope “That constellation is Cygnus” he adjusted the telescope before handing it to Daehyun.

    Daehyun leaned down towards the telescope and watched through it. “Cygnus means swan? I don’t see any swan”

    “Use your imagination” Jongup laughed.

    “Nope, I don’t see it” Daehyun shook his head “I’m seeing something like an upside down kite though”

    “Are you talking about the Lyra constellation?”

    “A Lyra is like a harp? That doesn’t look like one” Daehyun said and Jongup burst into laughter “Don’t laugh at me, I’m not dumb”

    “I think you’re cute”

    “I’m not cute” Daehyun punched him in the chest.

    “Calm down” Jongup kept laughing “I don’t know much about constellations either, I just know Lyra and Aquila because my grandmother used to tell me the love story about their stars; Vega and Altair”

    “Isn’t the story of Jiknyeo and Gyeonwu?”

    “So you’ve heard that story too”

    “My mom used to tell me that story on Chilseok” Daehyun suddenly felt nostalgic “They didn’t do their works when they were together, so people split them up, but let them meet once a year…”

    “We should go together to Chilseok this year”

    “I want to see you in hanbok, so yes, let’s go together” Daehyun said, staring at Jongup’s lips and then he leaned forward like he was going to kiss him, however, at the last moment, he lowered his head and withdrew “Sorry”

    “It’s ok, I’ll wait all the time you want” Jongup smiled, although this time a little sad. He sighed and looked up at the sky “I said that, didn’t I?”

 

Image result for all shades of blonde

 

next chapter return of the jedi jae (let's face it, yoo youngjae is more like a sith LOL)

dae confessed to youngjae and he said it was an infatuation, he said daehyun needed to go out more and meet people, and now that dae did what he said, maybe jae was right...

spoiler alert: old daehyun never loved jae, he was lonely and vulnerable and fell for the first person next to him? and new daehyun is blond (I love blond daehyun) and knows what friendship and love are thanks to jongup and his friends, he doesn’t feel lonely and needy anymore.

no idea what youngjae can offer daehyun to this point. daehyun has friends who listen to him, who spend time with him. he got money, job, a life... srsly, youngjae who?

give me ideas. why should youngjae be in dae's life? they have nothing in common, whereas jongup is the perfect boyfriend, never bullies daehyun, always says how beautiful he is, always take him out and spoil him like a prince. both love photography, have good time and plenty of fun! 

jongup makes dae feel safe and happy, youngjae makes him feel confused and frustrated. welcome to she is a boy 2 Dear Yoo Youngjae, at least give me one reason. Dear Jung Daehyun, I'll give you one million reasons. 

ps: himchan feels very betrayed by dae :(