TRY

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to say that out loud.”

Seungwan laughs. “It’s okay. My sister tells me that a lot.”

Joohyun lets out a sigh of relief and smiles. “You’re so carefree.”

“I try to be. I like my independence. I don’t want to be tied down to someone that can’t understand that.”

Joohyun smiles even wider. “I know the feeling.”

“So, how much farther away?”

“Just up the hill here pass the big rock and then it’s the second house to the right. You don’t have to take me there. I can go from here just fine. I’m sure your family is also worried about you.” Joohyun explains and stands up.

“It’s okay. I’ll explain to them later besides I want to make sure you get home safely.”

“No. Really, I can…ahhhh!” Joohyun starts then ends up shrieking when Seungwan suddenly picks her up bridal style.

“Shall we?” Seungwan says with such a big smile, Joohyun can’t help but smile back.

Seungwan lowers her enough for her to pick up her bag of food before walking up the hill under all the cherry blossom trees.

“Isn’t this a little strange for two strangers to be walking under the cherry blossom trees?” Joohyun asks.

“What do you mean?”

“Cherry blossom trees are meant for lovers you know. We clearly aren’t.”

Seungwan smirks. Mischievous written all over her face. She stops right in front of the last cherry blossom tree and looks at Joohyun, who looks back unsure.

“Well, miss Joohyun, who says we aren’t? I am carrying you like a bride.” She says and leans forward.

“Yah, you…what are you doing?” Joohyun says as she leans back.

Seungwan stops then starts laughing. “You’re too cute and too easy to tease. Don’t worry, I was just joking.”

Just then they hear a noise from ahead.

Startled, Joohyun looks back only to see a cat. She lets out a breath of relief and turns around just as Seungwan moves to look at what Joohyun was looking at.

Both are moving at the same time and before either knew it, Joohyun had planted a kiss on Seungwan’s cheek. Eyes blinking in confusion.

It took a few seconds before Joohyun leaned back and looked at the shocked Seungwan. Joohyun quickly averted her eyes to somewhere else.

Seungwan finally found her voice and cleared .

“What was it?”

“Um, it was just a cat.”

“Oh, okay. Good. Yeah.”

The two walk in silence until Joohyun sees her house. She points to it. “That’s my house.”

Seungwan walks over and stands at the door. Joohyun reaches out and knocks on it.

“What took you…” Seulgi started but stops when she sees the two in front of her.

“Unnie, what’s…” Yeri asks but stops and stares at them.

Their mother looks over from the kitchen and frowns. She walks over. “Why are you two just standing there? What is going…on?” she too stops in her steps and stares at the two.

“Uh, what’s with the stares?” Joohyun asks.

“Um, honey, I asked you go get vegetables. Did you go and get married?” her mom asks confused.

“What? What are you talking about? Married? Me? No, why would I…” Joohyun says then looks at Seungwan then at their position and then realizes the situation.

“You can let me down now.” Joohyun whispers to Seungwan who then realizes she was still carrying Joohyun.

Seungwan puts her down. “Uh, sorry. I was helping her out earlier causing her to twist her ankle so I felt bad that’s why I carried her. Don’t be mad at her. If anyone, be mad at me. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again. Again, I’m sorry.” She rambles then bows before walking away before anyone could say anything.

Joohyun felt bad she couldn’t invite her in for dinner and thank you but Seungwan was already too far away.

 

 

 

 

Seungwan walks through the door only to get mugged by Sooyoung in a big hug.

“Yah, where have you been? I’ve been w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter