SILLY BOY

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Joohyun and her family visit Seungwan at the hospital.

Seungwan’s head is wrapped. She lies on the bed with Sooyoung and mother sitting next to her.

“Sooyoung-ah.” Seulgi says getting their attention.

“Aigoo. How is she doing?” Joohyun’s mother asks as she sits next to Seungwan’s mother.

“The doctor said she lost a lot of blood so she needs to rest and should be okay after a few days but not to worry.”

“Did he say anything else?”

“No. just that she got 27 stitches and may have a scar after it heals.”

“Aigoo. Poor girl.”

Joohyun looks at the sleeping form filled with guilt. She bows. “I’m sorry. It’s all my fault that this happened to your daughter.”

“Nonsense. It was an accident and that damn table I’ve been meaning to toss out but haven’t had time. Don’t worry. Are you okay dear?”

Joohyun nods. “I’m fine. Thanks to Seungwan for protecting me.”

Seungwan’s mother looks at her daughter and smiles. “Yeah. She never protects herself though. This girl.”

“Ah, have you eaten?” Seulgi asks Sooyoung.

“No. Mom and I stayed here overnight. We were just about to head home for a bit.” Sooyoung says.

“Well, let’s go to our house and eat.” Seulgi replies. “Would that be okay, mom?”

Her mother smiles. “That would be fine.”

“I…I want to stay here.” Joohyun says. “Is that okay?”

“Of course it’s okay.” Her mother says.

The rest leave the two.

Joohyun looks at the sleeping girl. She feels bad as she takes a seat next to her.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun has just returned home after a long night at the clinic. Just as he opens the door, someone calls for him.

“Son Sehun?”

Sehun turns around to see a recruiter. He greets him.

“Can I help you?”

“I’ve got a letter for you.” The recruiter says handing him a letter.

Sehun frowns but takes the letter. He opens it and frowns. He heads inside and walks up to his room.

Just as he enters his room, he sees a box on his desk. He walks over and places the letter down and picks up the box.

He reads the letter on it: To my dear brother who has grown up to be a wonderful man. This gift is for you to give you strength and courage to continue your dreams. Congratulations! I love you.

He opens the box to find a pen. It’s the pen he’s been begging for but Seungwan kept saying no. He would visit the store to look at it but then one day it was gone. He was really sad when the owner told him someone had bought it. He went home and yelled at Seungwan for being greedy and evil.

He smiled a sad smile. “Pabo. I don’t deserve you as my sister. I’m sorry.” Tears fall as he grips onto the pen.

 

 

 

 

Joohyun sits next to the bed. She doesn’t know how long she had been sitting there. She hesitantly reached out to Seungwan but was scared to make contact.

She let out a deep sigh and pulled her hand back into her lap.

“What are you doing?” a voice says.

She looks up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter