LOVE

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungwan was trying to fix the window shutters but with one hand, she was having a hard time. She was trying to push the hinge back in place.

“Aish, that little chicken. Where is she when you need her?” she mumbled to herself.

She heard someone snickering below her. She looks down to find a certainly amused Joohyun watching her.

“Looks like you need some help.”

“Uh…yeah.”

Joohyun smirks and walks closer. “Hmm…too bad this grandma can’t help because she’s too old.” With that she walks away.

Seungwan curses herself. “Aish…” she lets out a huff of air and decides to try again.

She uses her left hand to give it a good push but at the same time, since her body was leaning to one side, the latter tilted to the right.

The next thing she knew, she was falling.

A loud crash was heard and the two women laughing inside quickly rush outside to find Seungwan clutching her right arm.

“. Dr. Jung’s going to love me even more now.” she curses under her breath.

“Omo, Wan-ah, are you okay?” her mother rushes over and asks.

“I’m fine.” She didn’t mean it but it came out cold. “Sorry. I didn’t mean it to come out like that at all.”

“I know sweetie. Are you sure you’re okay?”

Seungwan only nods this time afraid she might say something hurtful.

“Seungwan-ah…” Joohyun tried but is shut down quickly.

“It’s fine. I’ll be back.” Seungwan says and clutches her arm before leaving.

Joohyun felt bad for not helping her. She watches as the girl leaves. She could tell Seungwan was in pain as she grimaced when she walked away.

“Is she mad? I feel bad I didn’t help her.” Joohyun says.

“It’s okay honey. Wannie is like that when she’s frustrated with herself. She’ll get over it so don’t stress about it.”

“I…I think she broke her arm.” Joohyun says quietly.

“I know.”

Joohyun looks at her eyes wide. “You do?”

“Of course. I’m her mother plus, she did fall two stories so I’m sure she broke her arm…again but again, she won’t tell us she did. It’s her way of not wanting others to worry about her. She’ll be back with a sling.”

Mrs. Son says and walks inside leaving Joohyun to feel sorry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Aigoo. Seungwan-ah, we need to stop meeting like this.” Dr. Jung says as he writes her pain prescription after putting her arm in a sling.

“I know.”

“You need to take better care of yourself.”

“I know.”

“There’s no one to take care of you so be more careful.”

“I’ve got you so what are you talking about?”

“Aigoo…” Dr. Jung sighs and looks at her. “…Wan-ah, think about it. Hun has Joohyun, Youngie has Seulgi, but who do you have? You’re so busy taking care of others, you forget about yourself. And your mother…you know we’re getting older. Maybe it’s time you found someone too.”

Seungwan lets out a deep sigh. “It’s too late.”

“Wan-ah, it’s never too late.”

“What can I do now? I can’t just find someone. There’s no love. I have no more love to give.”

“What do you mean?”

“My family is all I need. I can’t spare my love for anyone else.”

“Just don’t say that yet. You never know. Love might be just right outside the door.”

“Thank you for your concern but I'll be okay. And thank you for the help. I’ll be more careful next time.” Seungwan says and leaves.

She walks through the clinic with quick steps. As soon as she steps outside, her steps slow down when she sees Joohyun standing outside. She lets out a heavy breath.

She walks over to her. “What are you doing here?”

Joohyun snaps out of her thoughts and looks at her. She sees her in a sling and immediately feels guilty.

“Don’t. It’s not your fault.” Seungwan says

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter