LETTERS

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi was dazed and surely dumbfounded as she takes in her sister’s confession.

A moment of silence.

Getting worried, Joohyun breaks the silence. “Seul, say something.”

“I’m trying to process what you just said. You said you’ve fallen for Seungwan?”

Joohyun nods as Seulgi looks at her.

“How? When? Where? Why?” Seulgi rambles trying to understand better.

“Woah, slow down. Honestly, I don't know. It's just...I didn’t think I was going to but of all the times I was in trouble, she was there. When I got hurt, she was there to look after me. She cared for me. It’s not like I planned for it to happen. I just…feel safe around her. Just like how you feel when you’re around Sooyoung. To be honest, it almost feels like I fell for her long before I ever met her.” She explains.

“Unnie, maybe you’re just confused. Right? It’s because you miss Sehun. It has to be.”

“Seul, don’t you think that hasn’t crossed my mind? I’ve thought about everything and how it could possibly be but nothing says it can’t. I’ve tried. I swear, I’ve tried to ignore and just look pass it but no matter what I do, these feelings keeps coming back. Maybe, Sehun and I were a mistake.”

“Unnie, think about it again. What will happen when Sehun comes back? Or will you pursue Seungwan?”

Joohyun lets out a frustrated huff. “I don’t know. I haven't thought about any of that. All I know right now is that when I’m with her I feel alive. Like we were meant to be. She understands me even when I don’t say a word, like she can read me.”

“Maybe you’re confusing friendship with love?”

“I don’t think I am because when it’s just us or when we’re sleeping at night, I would stare at her and I’ve been tempted many times to kiss her again. I don’t think that’s anything friendly.”

Seulgi’s eyes widen in shock. “Again? Y-you kissed her?” 

"It was an accident. The lights went out and we tripped and fell and I landed on her and our lips met."

"Unnie, I'm so lost right now. What makes you want to kiss her?"

Joohyun lets out a small smile. “I can't explain it. I mean, she’s really cute when she blows up her cheeks and she’s got this really cute dimple too.”

Seulgi didn’t need to say anymore as she watches how giddy and happy her sister is just talking about the other girl.

“Unnie?”

“Yes?”

“Was it like kissing Sehun? Were you this sappy when you thought about kissing him too?” Seulgi suddenly asks.

Joohyun thinks about it. “You know, now that you ask. We've never kissed.”

“Eh? You guys never kissed?”

Joohyun shook her head. “No. Well, he gave me light kisses on the cheek but that was it.”

“So you’ve never kissed him?” Seulgi asks with a surprised expression. "So Seungwan was basically your first kiss that night?"

Joohyun chuckles.

“What’s so funny?”

“No. It’s just that. If I think about it, it wasn't our first kiss.”

“What? Really?”

Joohyun looks at Seulgi with shy eyes. “Um, well…remember that time when I sprained my ankle and Seungwan carried me back home?”

Seulgi nods. “Yeah? What about it?”

“Funny thing. She was carrying me up that big hill but we stopped to rest under the cherry blossoms. She was teasing me but then we heard a noise. I looked over then she did while I turned back and ended up kissing her cheek.”

Seulgi takes a moment to think about everything. Her eyes widen and jaw hung low. “Unnie…daebak…the legend. You don’t think it’s true do you? I mean, if the legend is true then that means you and Seungwan…forever?”

Joohyun knits her brows together. “I don’t know. It may not be true. Seungwan doesn’t like me like that. She treats me like a friend. That’s all. Nothing more.”

“If she doesn’t feel that way, then maybe it’s better for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter